Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Ooooh!!!
PitterPatter 06:19 AM 05-04-2011
Ever get so mad 1st thing in the morning? I am used to rude parents but today's DCM wins the prize for rude!

As usual I have breakfast cooking when 1 DCM brings her kid. The kids are just about to sit at the table for breakfast. Sausage, pancakes, toast, sliced bananas and milk. I tell the newly arrived DCK breakfast is on the table hang up your coat so we can all sit down. (I pre mold my sausage patties and freeze them so I can take out just as many as I need each morn.) 2 patties each are served on plates ready. DCM walks over and says "Mmm what are we having good today" and before I can reply she swipes a sausage patty and pops the whole thing in her mouth!!

I say WHOA what are u doing? She said they looked so good I had to have 1. and giggles as shes chewing away! I explain I only made enough for each child to have 2!! She shrugged her shoulders and said so what, just give my kid 1 then, see ya later. And out the door she went! Ooooh I am soo mad!! I get the kids seated and of course her DCK notices he only has 1 patty. NOT FAIR! he cries! I explain Mommy took his patty. Hell I am not sugar coating for her!! So now I have an upset kid wailing already and anger at the DCM! I want to tell her off so bad! It was only a sausage BUT now I have to get a new one thaw and fry it or 1 child goes without the same servings. I shouldn't have to do this Grrr. Breakfast is going to be pushed back from now on so Mz. Grubby snatcher keeps her paws off the food! OK done venting.
Meyou 06:22 AM 05-04-2011
Oh wow. My own family wouldn't act that way in my home.
nannyde 06:22 AM 05-04-2011

I would have asked the other kidds to donate one bite of their sausage so little johnny could have as close to what they have. I would have just taken off a half inch square bite from the other ones and given them to little johnny OR just taken all of them and cut them up real quick and evenly distributed them.

No need to make a new one.

I can't believe the Mom would do that.

Entitled instant gratification
MarinaVanessa 06:37 AM 05-04-2011
I would have handed the phone to DCB and had him call his mom. He's upset and mom did it. I would have told him the truth too so call mom and cry to her, at least so she could see that it's not as easy as "that's what you get" and expecting his reaction to be "okay great, thanks!".

I would deffinetely have a talk to DCM about this at pick-up or next time I saw her. I would calmly explain "I know that although it may not be a big deal for you but for me I have to prepare enough of anything that I do a day in advance and that includes food. I pre mold my sausage patties, not buy them that way, in preperation for the next day's meal and when you ate DCB's sausage he was EXTREMELY upset and in tears that he only had 1 sausage and everyone else had 2. He himself said it and hit it right on the head, it was not fair. I had to, as quickly as possible, prepare another sausage for him which delayed everyone's breakfast by {amount of time} which caused a chain reaction the rest of the day.

Not only was it unfair for him, the other children and for me it was inappropriate and unsettling for me that you would to that and then be so nonchalant about it. The DC food is exactly that, DC food. It is for the children, not for the parents."
texascare 06:54 AM 05-04-2011
I think I would have slapped her hand!!!
dEHmom 06:55 AM 05-04-2011
i would've done what nannyde suggested too. i cut everything up to appropriate bite sizes to avoid children taking off more than they can chew.
so I would've just divided it evenly.

and I would also advise dcm that she owes you X for the sausage she ate, as it is not a daycare writeoff (even if it is).
morgan24 07:02 AM 05-04-2011
All I can say is Wow, that's gutsy. I would of called her and held the phone out to dcb so she could hear the crying and said thanks alot and hung up.
DCMom 07:08 AM 05-04-2011
My mouth is hanging open...that is one of rudest things I have heard in a long time.

I personally would have cut up the remaining patties and divided evenly, it's not dck's fault that his mother is incredibly rude
AnythingsPossible 07:09 AM 05-04-2011
With any luck, your little guy will remember Mommy took his sausage and make a comment about it to her this evening! I have kids who would do that and it would put mom in her place!
The parent's that some of you guys have to put up with amaze me!
dEHmom 07:16 AM 05-04-2011
i agree with anythingspossible....so far i've gotten really lucky with my parents, and i hope that i never have any parents like the ones we hear about so often on here.

my parents all want to be with their kids, and never once fussed about days they paid for that they weren't here, or picked up early. *knocking on wood!!!!!*

my dcm who just had a baby less than 2 weeks ago, and hasn't attended daycare since start of april, popped by for my bday yesterday and brought me homemade cookies! and dcg made me a beautiful scribbled card, that i will never ever throw away (she is 1.5 yo) and she even colored the inside underside of the card (the part that no one sees). and she decorated the cookie box too.
PitterPatter 07:25 AM 05-04-2011
Thought I would pop back in while the kids are sitting here painting. I am calmer now but still a lil upset at the nerve and then for her to blow it off made it worse.

I was going to take all the sausages back and cut them up so the kids wouldn't know but 1 of the kids got upset and covered her plate. So I just made a new 1. I usually cut up the food once seated so I can show the kids how to do it and they can try for themselves. Pancakes are easier for them but the sausage is a little more firm. I think I will just serve the sausage cut up from now on. That way if it ever happens again she will only get a tiny piece instead of a whole patty.

Smack her fingers! I love that idea!!

I came really close to calling her and giving DCK the phone but I knew she was driving so I decided to wait until pick up tonight. He calmed down and was fine once I showed him I was making a new patty. She will get an ear full tonight tho.
PitterPatter 07:33 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
i agree with anythingspossible....so far i've gotten really lucky with my parents, and i hope that i never have any parents like the ones we hear about so often on here.

my parents all want to be with their kids, and never once fussed about days they paid for that they weren't here, or picked up early. *knocking on wood!!!!!*

my dcm who just had a baby less than 2 weeks ago, and hasn't attended daycare since start of april, popped by for my bday yesterday and brought me homemade cookies! and dcg made me a beautiful scribbled card, that i will never ever throw away (she is 1.5 yo) and she even colored the inside underside of the card (the part that no one sees). and she decorated the cookie box too.
Aww that is so sweet!! U are blessed!

I still have all of the coloring pages the kids ever gave me. I actually have the very 1st thing ever given to me 5 years ago STILL hanging on my fridge! Just a simple notebook paper with writing in colored markers that says " i love (heart) you and you ar the besttest" and she drew stick figures of us holding hands. It was made by a little girl in 2nd grade at the time. Warms the heart I tell ya!
dEHmom 07:37 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
Aww that is so sweet!! U are blessed!

I still have all of the coloring pages the kids ever gave me. I actually have the very 1st thing ever given to me 5 years ago STILL hanging on my fridge! Just a simple notebook paper with writing in colored markers that says " i love (heart) you and you ar the besttest" and she drew stick figures of us holding hands. It was made by a little girl in 2nd grade at the time. Warms the heart I tell ya!
the cookie box will double as a storage box for all the daycare gifts i've been given.

i'm new to daycare only opened my doors a year ago today actually! whoo aniversary!!!! i've done daycare/babysitting for many many years, but opened my home up a year ago. and i've had great families each time. Although i know it will happen that i'll have an awful family.
closest to awful i've had is the crazy pregnant woman, who brought her kid with no socks in winter for an interview, used me once, emails me saying she needs care on these days and then i never hear from her again. saw her at my daughters dance recital, and she didn't even look at me. don't really care, honestly, because she was just a casual drop in type. so i filled my spots anyways. lol.
PitterPatter 07:41 AM 05-04-2011
the cookie box will double as a storage box for all the daycare gifts i've been given.

i'm new to daycare only opened my doors a year ago today actually! whoo aniversary!!!! i've done daycare/babysitting for many many years, but opened my home up a year ago. and i've had great families each time. Although i know it will happen that i'll have an awful family.
closest to awful i've had is the crazy pregnant woman, who brought her kid with no socks in winter for an interview, used me once, emails me saying she needs care on these days and then i never hear from her again. saw her at my daughters dance recital, and she didn't even look at me. don't really care, honestly, because she was just a casual drop in type. so i filled my spots anyways. lol.
Happy Anniversary!!
Kids done painting gotta run for clean up. Hope u have a great day today!
SandeeAR 07:42 AM 05-04-2011
I think I would have looked at her and said, "since I guess I'm feeding you now, does that mean I need to change your Diaper before you leave?"
Unregistered 10:42 AM 05-04-2011
I'm sorry that this mom did this to you. Be sure you tell her what the aftermath was and how it made her child feel and how it cost you extra money. Really play it up, too. Then tell her (don't ask), that parents aren't allowed to eat any daycare food unless they've been invited. I'd add that to your contract too. As a parent, I have never eaten daycare food unless I've been invited by the daycare for special parent events. This parent is rude and should be on the short list for a possible term if she keeps up this kind of behavior!
momatheart 04:34 PM 05-04-2011
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?

I would have also told her after she said well just give my child one. I would have said well I would but according to daycare regulations I HAVE TO SERVE ***X AMT OF EACH FOOD GROUP PER MEAL!!!

OMG I am just sitting here like this
PitterPatter 04:57 PM 05-04-2011
Well I started in by being polite and telling her again that I only make enough for each child and with her taking that sausage this morn she caused a big problem. Before I could finish she said "geez didn't we already cover this this morning? It's no big deal. I'm sorry I won't eat MY kids food anymore ok?" Then she rolled her eyes as she turned her head.

Oooooh I felt my backbone stiffen up real quick! I got a little loud and said "EXCUSE ME, BUT it was MY food until it was served to your child. And it is a big deal when your poor kid was left with only 1 sausage and the others had 2. He was crying this morning because it wasn't fair!" She said "over sausage? whatever he'll get over it. I'm not allowed to touch YOUR food I get it soooorrry. I'll see ya tomorrow"

I stood there thinking hmmm did I win this arguement? I ended up barking at her a little bit so I guess I made my point. I don't care she's rude and I am not stooping to her level to stand there and argue anymore when her skull is too thick to get through. I think when we hand out Mothers day gifts I will take a bite out of hers.
Symphony 05:40 PM 05-04-2011
That is just beyond anything I have ever heard. What a way to start AND end your day! That just blows me away what she did in the first place and how she acted at the end of the day. Wow.

I think I would have answered her "see you in the morning" with a "I'll have all your son's things packed for you on the porch"
daycare 05:57 PM 05-04-2011
Well I started in by being polite and telling her again that I only make enough for each child and with her taking that sausage this morn she caused a big problem. Before I could finish she said "geez didn't we already cover this this morning? It's no big deal. I'm sorry I won't eat MY kids food anymore ok?" Then she rolled her eyes as she turned her head.

Oooooh I felt my backbone stiffen up real quick! I got a little loud and said "EXCUSE ME, BUT it was MY food until it was served to your child. And it is a big deal when your poor kid was left with only 1 sausage and the others had 2. He was crying this morning because it wasn't fair!" She said "over sausage? whatever he'll get over it. I'm not allowed to touch YOUR food I get it soooorrry. I'll see ya tomorrow"

I stood there thinking hmmm did I win this arguement? I ended up barking at her a little bit so I guess I made my point. I don't care she's rude and I am not stooping to her level to stand there and argue anymore when her skull is too thick to get through. I think when we hand out Mothers day gifts I will take a bite out of hers.
lmao get her some super yummy chocolate and eat all of it but the last bite...........hahahha

ok i am totally joking but that was super funny
Kaddidle Care 07:44 PM 05-04-2011
I think when we hand out Mothers day gifts I will take a bite out of hers.
Noooo! Let her child take a bite out of it! In fact, let him eat HALF of it - about 15 minutes before pick up time!
(Mommy won't care, it's no big deal.)
Blackcat31 08:40 AM 05-05-2011
WOW! That is pretty ballsy!!

Reading posts like this makes me eternally grateful for the fact that my coatroom/entry way is completely separated from the main daycare area by a half door. NO ONE over age 7 ever steps foot past my gate. (unless they are blood related to me )

This could not have happened here no matter how hungry a parent was or how long their arms are either.....

At pick up, you should start going through mom's purse and if she asks, just tell her you are looking for some gum!
SilverSabre25 09:24 AM 05-05-2011
btw...have I mentioned that this darn post has made me crave sausage?

Wanna share your recipe? If it's that good, must be worth it!
PitterPatter 10:48 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
btw...have I mentioned that this darn post has made me crave sausage?

Wanna share your recipe? If it's that good, must be worth it!
Are u serious? It's nothing special. I think she was just hungry.

2 lbs ground pork
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight for flavors to blend. Mix a little again the next day, shape into patties and freeze. This way I can take out just as many as I need each morning. Very quick and easy. Works out great, until the other day that is.
PitterPatter 11:09 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
WOW! That is pretty ballsy!!

Reading posts like this makes me eternally grateful for the fact that my coatroom/entry way is completely separated from the main daycare area by a half door. NO ONE over age 7 ever steps foot past my gate. (unless they are blood related to me )

This could not have happened here no matter how hungry a parent was or how long their arms are either.....

At pick up, you should start going through mom's purse and if she asks, just tell her you are looking for some gum!
I actually started putting gates up to deter another DCM who likes to walk around my house chatting on her cell phone. It has been working!! However, this DCM just steps over the gates. At 1st I didn't mind too much because it was to throw away the suckers and candy bars she allowed the child to eat on the way to daycare. She finally did listen to my repeated requests not to bring food to daycare. Now she takes it off of him when she gets in the door and goes and throws it away. After this though I am stopping by the store to get a little garbage can for the front entry so that she can toss it there. Such a shame the constant changes that have to be made for silly things.

I have to go buy a gate too, for the front porch today because another DCM always lets her kids (2 and 3) run down the porch/deck and get into things before even ringing the doorbell. I have repeatedly asked her to control them when arriving. Today I had yard decor nic/nacs like turtles, kids and blessing rocks etc waiting to be put in the flower bed. The 2 yr old decided he's going to throw all of the nic/nacs off onto the cement patio shatering a couple. DCM just stood there yelling stop it as he threw them. I hear the yelling and open the door and ask what's going on? She is standing at the door the kids down at the end like always. She comes in, tells me what was going on and says "he broke some sorry". That was it. I told her I have repeatedly asked they not be permitted down to the end of the porch as I have plants herbs, and such there. I even took my folding porch chairs at 1 point and sat them across blocking access. I told her I will be buying a gate today to stop it once and for all. She looks at the kids and says "see what u made her have to do now" UGH! Some people just don't get it! Next time she will be charged for the damage!
WDW 11:19 AM 05-05-2011
I actually started putting gates up to deter another DCM who likes to walk around my house chatting on her cell phone. It has been working!! However, this DCM just steps over the gates. At 1st I didn't mind too much because it was to throw away the suckers and candy bars she allowed the child to eat on the way to daycare. She finally did listen to my repeated requests not to bring food to daycare. Now she takes it off of him when she gets in the door and goes and throws it away. After this though I am stopping by the store to get a little garbage can for the front entry so that she can toss it there. Such a shame the constant changes that have to be made for silly things.

I have to go buy a gate too, for the front porch today because another DCM always lets her kids (2 and 3) run down the porch/deck and get into things before even ringing the doorbell. I have repeatedly asked her to control them when arriving. Today I had yard decor nic/nacs like turtles, kids and blessing rocks etc waiting to be put in the flower bed. The 2 yr old decided he's going to throw all of the nic/nacs off onto the cement patio shatering a couple. DCM just stood there yelling stop it as he threw them. I hear the yelling and open the door and ask what's going on? She is standing at the door the kids down at the end like always. She comes in, tells me what was going on and says "he broke some sorry". That was it. I told her I have repeatedly asked they not be permitted down to the end of the porch as I have plants herbs, and such there. I even took my folding porch chairs at 1 point and sat them across blocking access. I told her I will be buying a gate today to stop it once and for all. She looks at the kids and says "see what u made her have to do now" UGH! Some people just don't get it! Next time she will be charged for the damage!
Ugh. I'm sorry you're going thru that! I don't think I'd wait til next time. Why do people REFUSE to control their children?!
Unregistered 11:37 AM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by Symphony:
That is just beyond anything I have ever heard. What a way to start AND end your day! That just blows me away what she did in the first place and how she acted at the end of the day. Wow.

I think I would have answered her "see you in the morning" with a "I'll have all your son's things packed for you on the porch"

Good job! That's exactly what I would have done - with dignity and control - but I would have done it.
nannyde 11:47 AM 05-05-2011
IShe is standing at the door the kids down at the end like always. She comes in, tells me what was going on and says "he broke some sorry". That was it. I told her I have repeatedly asked they not be permitted down to the end of the porch as I have plants herbs, and such there. I even took my folding porch chairs at 1 point and sat them across blocking access. I told her I will be buying a gate today to stop it once and for all. She looks at the kids and says "see what u made her have to do now" UGH! Some people just don't get it! Next time she will be charged for the damage!

Do you see how you just got played? She did exactly what she needed to do to accomplish two things:

1) She allowed her kids to do whatever they wanted and not deal with it.
2) She said words that deflected everything off of her. She said words to the kids "see what YOU made HER have to do". And the for free word to you "sorry".

BRILLIANT

Any time you give a parent opportunity to parent their children on your property you are taking a risk that there is going to be property damage and injuries. The best practice I know is to limit it to the absolute smallest opportunity for anything to happen.

In my home the kids walk about fifteen feet from the car to my front door. I do arrivals and departures at the front door. This keeps the opportunity for problems just on the walk up the sidewalk and the three square feet at the front door.

If I could manage it I would hand pick them out of the car and deliver them back at the end of the day.

Have the Mom replace the broken items and sign an agreement that she will physically keep the children in her hands from the point where they get out of the car into your house OR she can purchase a gate and install it for you... whichever works for her... but it must be done within two days.
dEHmom 11:56 AM 05-05-2011

i'd bill her for the broken nic nacs and for the gate. you only have to buy it because of her kids!
PitterPatter 03:07 PM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Do you see how you just got played? She did exactly what she needed to do to accomplish two things:

1) She allowed her kids to do whatever they wanted and not deal with it.
2) She said words that deflected everything off of her. She said words to the kids "see what YOU made HER have to do". And the for free word to you "sorry".

BRILLIANT

Any time you give a parent opportunity to parent their children on your property you are taking a risk that there is going to be property damage and injuries. The best practice I know is to limit it to the absolute smallest opportunity for anything to happen.

In my home the kids walk about fifteen feet from the car to my front door. I do arrivals and departures at the front door. This keeps the opportunity for problems just on the walk up the sidewalk and the three square feet at the front door.

If I could manage it I would hand pick them out of the car and deliver them back at the end of the day.

Have the Mom replace the broken items and sign an agreement that she will physically keep the children in her hands from the point where they get out of the car into your house OR she can purchase a gate and install it for you... whichever works for her... but it must be done within two days.
I have other kids inside when they arrive. I sometimes watch for them so I can cut them off as soon as they hit the porch but today very early coming so I wasn't even expecting them. Then I heard the yelling and went to see. that's when I caught DCM standing there and DCB down at the end with nicnacs in hand!

I can't leave kids alone in the house to get them from the car. She has to come in and sign forms anyway.

I know she purposly placed the blame on the kids that's what I found so ignorant. I wrote a reminder right on her daycare bill today so that the DCD would see it. He really ears the pants in that family. She tells me how she has to answer to him and he handles all the finances etc. So now they both are aware in writing! I am getting a gate here in 30 mins. I can't wait just to get that headache over with!
momofboys 03:26 PM 05-05-2011

NO! I would have insisted that she pay to replace those. She was in charge of her kids, not YOU! I would have made her pay. Sorry is not enough IMO!
Kaddidle Care 03:52 PM 05-05-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:
NO! I would have insisted that she pay to replace those. She was in charge of her kids, not YOU! I would have made her pay. Sorry is not enough IMO!
I'm with you! If you can produce a receipt for the items, give her a copy, circle the prices of the broken items and tell her she can add the $$ to tomorrow's payment or provide you with a gift card so you can replace them. If she had any tact at all she would have asked you where you bought them while she was apologizing and gone out and bought you new ones to bring with her tomorrow.

I'm glad you are caring for these children because clearly their mother hasn't got a clue.
dEHmom 04:43 AM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
If she had any tact at all she would have asked you where you bought them while she was apologizing and gone out and bought you new ones to bring with her tomorrow.
i'm with you on this....

i think often, if someone says in a truly sincere way, I'm so sorry, where did you buy it, i'll replace it, or something alone those lines....almost everyone would say, don't worry about it, it's not a big deal, and they would let it slide, even if it was soemthing that meant a lot to you.
but when someone just doesn't care like this dcm, it makes you angrier and angrier.

at least if she offered to replace it you could choose to say what you wanted, either yes i bought it at _________ or don't worry about it. don't let it happen again.
Kaddidle Care 05:40 AM 05-06-2011
However, this DCM just steps over the gates. At 1st I didn't mind too much because it was to throw away the suckers and candy bars she allowed the child to eat on the way to daycare. She finally did listen to my repeated requests not to bring food to daycare. Now she takes it off of him when she gets in the door and goes and throws it away.
Give her the Mother of the Year Award!

Exactly how does this child behave after being fed sugar prior to arrival?

Like I said in a previous post, if you're giving Mom a chocolate or candy gift, let the child eat half of it 10-15 minutes prior to pick up time. Just leave it conveniently unwrapped in front of him.

I spoke to a parent years ago about the lunches she would pack her daughter. An example was Fluff sandwich, Kool Aid drink box and fruit snacks. The kid was literally bouncing off the wall! The mother didn't believe me at first and I got so mad that I handed the child a big handful of M&M's 15 minutes before pick up. I can take just so much stupidity on the parent's part before I react.

She felt it was OK to sugar the child up for us so I just gave her a taste of her own medicine.

Bad, I know but the kid loved it!
PitterPatter 06:30 AM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Give her the Mother of the Year Award!

Exactly how does this child behave after being fed sugar prior to arrival?
I try really hard to get along with my clients and for the ones who pay on time and come every day I tend to be more lenient. This DCM is about 50/50 She pays on time but has other issues as I stated with being rude at times. She was finally willing to take the candy away instead of leaving and me fighting for it in front of the other parents and kids wanting 1 when they saw it. I don't like that she steps over the gate and goes into the kitchen and dining room etc BUT she is doing it to get rid of a problem. I solved that this morning by putting a garbage can in the front entry and will be solving the other DCM issue by getting a gate this weekend. I got sidetracked at another store buying flowers to get the flower bed set up so the figures can be placed.
PitterPatter 06:40 AM 05-06-2011
i'm with you on this....

i think often, if someone says in a truly sincere way, I'm so sorry, where did you buy it, i'll replace it, or something alone those lines....almost everyone would say, don't worry about it, it's not a big deal, and they would let it slide, even if it was soemthing that meant a lot to you.
but when someone just doesn't care like this dcm, it makes you angrier and angrier.

at least if she offered to replace it you could choose to say what you wanted, either yes i bought it at _________ or don't worry about it. don't let it happen again.
I totally agree! Had she offered (or anyone for that matter) I would have declined and asked that it just not be allowed to happen again. The simple "he broke some sorry" kind of response is what chapped my ass. As well as the fact she continually allows the kids to roam when I have asked at least a dozen time that she not.

I brought it up at pick up yesterday and told her he broke 1 of my favorite pieces and I will be buying a gate since she can't manage to get the kids to stay next to her until they get in the door. I also added that she MUST hold the kids hands until I open the door until I get the gate this weekend. Her reply to all of that was "ok that's cool" That's cool huh? ok so then I added, "I don't know how much the gate is going to cost because I need an extra wide one so I would appreciate any money u would like to add to help" She looked at me like I was an alien! She said "well it's YOUR porch and we don't have any money we didn't get our welfare check yet" I give up! Rude ass will NEVER get it.
dEHmom 06:54 AM 05-06-2011
advise her then, than you will be adding X amount of dollars to their regular weekly fee. or monthly whatever until at least a portion of it is paid off. even if it's 5 dollars a week. and if she decides to term instead, then say ok, the bill is in the mail.
QualiTcare 07:02 AM 05-06-2011

I would have asked the other kidds to donate one bite of their sausage so little johnny could have as close to what they have. I would have just taken off a half inch square bite from the other ones and given them to little johnny OR just taken all of them and cut them up real quick and evenly distributed them.

yup - this. i would've taken everyone's second patty, cut them up, put them on a plate and distibuted them to the kids who finished the first one. chances are not everyone would eat all of the 2 patties anyway. i wouldn't have made another.
Symphony 07:17 AM 05-06-2011
Is sausage mom and porch mom the same person?? I don't know which would be worse, two parents in la la land or all that rudeness wrapped into one!
PitterPatter 07:25 AM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by Symphony:
Is sausage mom and porch mom the same person?? I don't know which would be worse, two parents in la la land or all that rudeness wrapped into one!
No they are 2 dif parents.
Blackcat31 08:08 AM 05-06-2011
Next time she will be charged for the damage!
In my contract it says:

Normal wear and tear is expected in childcares and I will gladly accept any costs related to replacement and repair in those situations. However, anything your child willfully destroys or damages due to inappropriate behaviors or any unsupervision by parents during drop off and/or pick up will be charged to the parent. This charge will be added to your child care bill and will be expected to be paid in full with your normal balance due before any additional services are provided.

I NEVER waiver in this area. YOUR kid breaks it and YOU pay for it. Period.
Unregistered 08:25 AM 05-06-2011
Solution;

Fix mom 2 sausages and have them in a little baggie for her, with a cute note that says; Was thinking about you as i was fixing these ENJOY.

And don't forget to put 2 ex-lax's in each one!!! (Joking but would be funny)
jojosmommy 10:29 AM 05-06-2011

This is what I would have done BUT since that isnt what you did I would have called mom and told her that her child was STILL upset about the sausage she ate and she can explain it to him over the phone. I called a mom today b/c her son cried for over 30 min b/c she told him (on the way in) she was going to throw all his toys away b/c he was making a scene. What are people thinking now adays anyway?
PitterPatter 10:36 AM 05-06-2011
In my contract it says:

Normal wear and tear is expected in childcares and I will gladly accept any costs related to replacement and repair in those situations. However, anything your child willfully destroys or damages due to inappropriate behaviors or any unsupervision by parents during drop off and/or pick up will be charged to the parent. This charge will be added to your child care bill and will be expected to be paid in full with your normal balance due before any additional services are provided.

I NEVER waiver in this area. YOUR kid breaks it and YOU pay for it. Period.
That's what I should have. I have something like I understand the occasional breaks and they will be fogiven but if a child continuously breaks toys or causes damage to anything in my home, u as the parent will be required to pay for it. Something like that... I think I will change that now. Thanks!

See always altering and updating the handbook! I should renew them every 6 months instead fo every year!
PitterPatter 10:40 AM 05-06-2011
[quote=jojosmommy;109367]This is what I would have done BUT since that isnt what you did I would have called mom and told her that her child was STILL upset about the sausage she ate and she can explain it to him over the phone. I called a mom today b/c her son cried for over 30 min b/c she told him (on the way in) she was going to throw all his toys away b/c he was making a scene. What are people thinking now adays anyway?[/QUOTE]

They do it because its the easiest way out for them. The sausage DCM ( now they have names) lies to her kid every morning to get out the door! I finally got almost in her face and told her she will stop immediatley or I will have to send the child home for the repeated tantrums she causes when he finds out the truth after she has left. She laughs it off and takes it as a joke but now I think she knows I am done.
seashell 10:48 AM 05-06-2011
I had a DCD to something similar. My daughter had made cupcakes for her baseball team. She had EXACTLY enough for each girl on the team. DCD came in for pick up and went to the kitchen to get his son's stuff. I hear him in the kitchen saying, "OHHH the cupcakes look good." I am in the living room with the kids and and reply something to the effect of "Don't they? Becky made them for her baseball team." A few minutes later, he comes out of the kitchen with his son's stuff, popping the last bit of cupcake in his mouth. He looks at me and says "I couldn't resist" with a big smile. I responded "I wish you would have. She had exactly enough and now she isn't going to have a cupcake for herself after the game." His response? "Im sure you can make some more." I respond, "I could, but I won't be able to watch her game then". He just smiles and says goodnight. GRRRRRR!
PitterPatter 11:42 AM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by seashell:
I had a DCD to something similar. My daughter had made cupcakes for her baseball team. She had EXACTLY enough for each girl on the team. DCD came in for pick up and went to the kitchen to get his son's stuff. I hear him in the kitchen saying, "OHHH the cupcakes look good." I am in the living room with the kids and and reply something to the effect of "Don't they? Becky made them for her baseball team." A few minutes later, he comes out of the kitchen with his son's stuff, popping the last bit of cupcake in his mouth. He looks at me and says "I couldn't resist" with a big smile. I responded "I wish you would have. She had exactly enough and now she isn't going to have a cupcake for herself after the game." His response? "Im sure you can make some more." I respond, "I could, but I won't be able to watch her game then". He just smiles and says goodnight. GRRRRRR!
OMG that is even WORSE than mine!!!

I swear I will never understand the nerve of some people! Balls of steel I tell ya!
QualiTcare 12:26 PM 05-06-2011
i wouldn't call a parent if their kid was crying over sausage even though they were crying bc the mom took it. really, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal to drag it out that far. instead of crying over spilled milk he was crying over stolen sausage. tear a piece off, give it to him, move on little buddy. it's just food.
nannyde 12:55 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by seashell:
His response? "Im sure you can make some more." I respond, "I could, but I won't be able to watch her game then". He just smiles and says goodnight. GRRRRRR!

YIKES that one is bad.
Meeko 01:04 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
i wouldn't call a parent if their kid was crying over sausage even though they were crying bc the mom took it. really, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal to drag it out that far. instead of crying over spilled milk he was crying over stolen sausage. tear a piece off, give it to him, move on little buddy. it's just food.
I'm afraid i don't agree on you with this one.

If a day care child was kicking you daily.....would you just ignore it because in the grand scheme of things, it really didn't hurt that much?

When you don't say anything it's as good as saying it's OK with you.

The parent in this case is rude, bossy, uncaring and treats the day care provider like dirt. If she doesn't say anything, then she's telling the parents that she is perfectly OK with the way she is treated.

She's deserves better than that and the parent NEEDS to be told her behavior is not acceptable.

I am quite sure you would not let a child go on kicking you daily because you didn't want to "make waves" This day care provider is being "kicked" on a regular basis...and by an adult!

That is never OK.
Meeko 01:11 PM 05-06-2011
OMG that is even WORSE than mine!!!

I swear I will never understand the nerve of some people! Balls of steel I tell ya!
"I'm sure you can make some more" .....

"I'll get right on it. Of course I won't be able to tend your son at the same time...so take him home and I'll call you when I'm finished making the cup cakes"....
QualiTcare 01:58 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I'm afraid i don't agree on you with this one.

If a day care child was kicking you daily.....would you just ignore it because in the grand scheme of things, it really didn't hurt that much?

When you don't say anything it's as good as saying it's OK with you.

The parent in this case is rude, bossy, uncaring and treats the day care provider like dirt. If she doesn't say anything, then she's telling the parents that she is perfectly OK with the way she is treated.

She's deserves better than that and the parent NEEDS to be told her behavior is not acceptable.

I am quite sure you would not let a child go on kicking you daily because you didn't want to "make waves" This day care provider is being "kicked" on a regular basis...and by an adult!

That is never OK.
allowing a child to kick you is in no way comparable to calling a parent because a child is crying over a piece of sausage. especially after she already addressed the issue with the parent. it was then time to address it with the child which she did by making another piece. it has nothing to do with not wanting to make "waves" - where did that come from? it has to do with picking your battles. i wouldn't choose to have a battle over a piece of sausage. i would've said something to the parent (which she did) but i would not drag it out and call the parent to say "johnny is still crying bc you ate his sausage." that's just weird. if i had to guess i would say that some sausage was thown in the trash after breakfast was finished. i would hate to think what would happen if a piece fell in the floor. geez.
Meeko 03:34 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
allowing a child to kick you is in no way comparable to calling a parent because a child is crying over a piece of sausage. especially after she already addressed the issue with the parent. it was then time to address it with the child which she did by making another piece. it has nothing to do with not wanting to make "waves" - where did that come from? it has to do with picking your battles. i wouldn't choose to have a battle over a piece of sausage. i would've said something to the parent (which she did) but i would not drag it out and call the parent to say "johnny is still crying bc you ate his sausage." that's just weird. if i had to guess i would say that some sausage was thown in the trash after breakfast was finished. i would hate to think what would happen if a piece fell in the floor. geez.

I think the problem is that the woman thought it was nothing. Truth is...it was stepping waaaay over boundaries. It's just common decency not to walk into someone's home and help yourself to food without being asked. It IS a big deal. She brushed it off and just didn't get it. If the provider were to call her...maybe...just maybe...she would see how inappropriate she was. It would just be the providers way of making a point.

Sometimes these parents need to be hit with a verbal two by four before they get the point.!

If I had just let thing slide when parents treated me badly (and believe me over the past 25 years they have tried a plenty) I would have ended up quiting day care years ago. I didn't do day care to put myself up to being walked all over.

It's easier to just suck it up and move on at the time......but it's just BEGGING parents to take advantage over and over again.
PitterPatter 05:19 PM 05-06-2011
A verbal 2x4
Yep that sounds about right!!

Actually that morning no sausage was wasted they ate every bite. They did however waste some of the pancakes. In my house the 1st thing to get eaten off of their plates is the fruit then the meat. The bread items are usually left if any.
Blackcat31 10:13 PM 05-07-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I think the problem is that the woman thought it was nothing. Truth is...it was stepping waaaay over boundaries. It's just common decency not to walk into someone's home and help yourself to food without being asked. It IS a big deal. She brushed it off and just didn't get it. If the provider were to call her...maybe...just maybe...she would see how inappropriate she was. It would just be the providers way of making a point.

Sometimes these parents need to be hit with a verbal two by four before they get the point.!

If I had just let thing slide when parents treated me badly (and believe me over the past 25 years they have tried a plenty) I would have ended up quiting day care years ago. I didn't do day care to put myself up to being walked all over.

It's easier to just suck it up and move on at the time......but it's just BEGGING parents to take advantage over and over again.
I think what QualitT was trying to say was by calling mom you would be dragging the kid into the respect issue that is happening between the provider and the mom. Calling the mom would have made it worse for the kid so why not treat it as if a sausage fell on the floor for the kids sake and move on.

The provider calling mom would have served no purpose. It wouldn't have made mom feel bad since she already addressed the issue and shared her thoughts on the matter by saying to simply short her kid a sauage, so if anything it may have made the provider feel better but wouldn't have been a solution in any way.

The provider needs to address the issue of disrespect (not sausages) with mom at a time where they can talk and discuss what needs to change in their relationship at which time if the provider wants to she can tell mom that her actions effect her child long after she is gone.
Meeko 10:25 PM 05-07-2011
I think what QualitT was trying to say was by calling mom you would be dragging the kid into the respect issue that is happening between the provider and the mom. Calling the mom would have made it worse for the kid so why not treat it as if a sausage fell on the floor for the kids sake and move on.

The provider calling mom would have served no purpose. It wouldn't have made mom feel bad since she already addressed the issue and shared her thoughts on the matter by saying to simply short her kid a sauage, so if anything it may have made the provider feel better but wouldn't have been a solution in any way.

The provider needs to address the issue of disrespect (not sausages) with mom at a time where they can talk and discuss what needs to change in their relationship at which time if the provider wants to she can tell mom that her actions effect her child long after she is gone.
Yes I can see your point. However....I think this mom is too far gone in the manners department to pay any attention!!!
Tags:disrespectful parents, rude parents, vent
Reply Up