Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Childcare Subsidy Payment When Kids Are Absent
iRadiateLove 08:33 AM 12-05-2013
Hello all, per my contract a family still pays for care when the kids are absent. Does the state still pay you if you report the children absent?
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 12-05-2013
Originally Posted by iRadiateLove:
Hello all, per my contract a family still pays for care when the kids are absent. Does the state still pay you if you report the children absent?
My state will pay up to 10 absent days per child on assistance IF I have in my contract that I bill ALL families (cash paying and assistance families) for absent days.

The absent days must be days that were scheduled in advance and cancelled according to my contract/handbook policies.

If the family uses more than 10 absent days within a year, the family must pay out of pocket.
Unregistered 08:43 AM 12-05-2013
Depends on the state. My state pays absent days up to 25 in a year that falls from July to July unless the family is on cash assistance in which case they have an unlimited number of absences that are paid.

They give me a call or send me a notice if a family is getting close to hitting their limit so that I know.

I also get up to 15 paid holidays or prearranged personal days as long as private pay families are also required to pay.
Leigh 08:47 AM 12-05-2013
I can use up to 4 absent days per month, for any reason, as long as the kids are gone on a day that I am open. The state won't pay for my days off (parents pay that), but if kids are sick or on vacation, I can bill for 4 days. I can also use these 4 days if a parent pulls without notice.
Great Beginnings 09:30 AM 12-05-2013
It's been awhile since I had a subsidy parent but the last one I had they would not pay for days off. I had to bill the parents to pay cash directly for those days.
TwinKristi 09:33 AM 12-05-2013
A licensed provider here can still get paid, if it's in the contract. But if you're license-exempt they don't pay for absences at all.
Annalee 10:05 AM 12-05-2013
Originally Posted by iRadiateLove:
In my state, Children with subsidy pay may miss 5 days in a bi-weekly pay period....subsidy will pay for holidays but no other closings therefore it is in my contract subsidized-pay parents must pay for all my closings that state doesn't pay for....Clients learn this in the interview....While I don't have subsidized pay kids right now, I have had them in the past that would pay a little a week to cover vacations, etc.
MarinaVanessa 10:24 AM 12-05-2013
My subsidy program only pays for holidays that I get paid for and 10 sick days/absent days where it's "in the best interest of the child" like if they go on vacation etc. Other than that I don't get paid but my sybsidy program allows me to charge the client for those days.
Meeko 07:39 PM 12-05-2013
We get paid in advance according to the hours agreed upon between the parent and her state case worker. As long as the child has been in care at least one day out of the month, it does not have to be repaid.

Sadly though.....most state kids are here every.single.second. possible.
Cradle2crayons 05:12 AM 12-06-2013
I don't get paid from he state if the kids are absent... I charge the parents but the state doesn't pay for absences or holidays.
Tags:absence policy, subsidy
Reply Up