Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interesting Finds in the Diaper Bag?
CountryRoads 02:12 PM 06-08-2020
I thought this might be a fun thread to start!

I pulled a diaper out of a diaper bag today, and there was a sewing needle stuck through it. Glad I didn't poke myself!!

What are some of the interesting things you've found in a daycare bag?
Cat Herder 02:15 PM 06-08-2020
Illegal drugs, used tampons, weapons, you name it. I banned them back in 1992 for that reason.
CountryRoads 02:18 PM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Illegal drugs, used tampons, weapons, you name it. I banned them back in 1992 for that reason.

I won't complain about what I find anymore
Cat Herder 02:25 PM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:

I won't complain about what I find anymore
Nah, I am sure someone will come up with something we haven't seen yet.

My first 10 years were subsidy, only. It was a very different area from where I am, now.
CenterTeacher20 02:25 PM 06-08-2020
Half-full bottle of vodka about ten years ago back when we were a drop-in only center. That mom was a complete sh*tshow and we already knew it before that happened. Thaey never came back after that incident.
Valerie928 04:20 PM 06-08-2020
😮 A condom.....unused thankfully. I just tucked it right back into the diaper bag.
MyAngels 05:06 PM 06-08-2020
A razor, and an old cell phone with x-rated pictures. I've pretty much done away with accepting diaper bags now.
redmaple 08:24 PM 06-08-2020
Standard grade yellow ABS cement - marked DANGER flammable inflammable poison irritant - contents may catch fire- contents may be harmful etc. etc.
DaveA 03:47 AM 06-09-2020
Not a diaper bag, but had a DCB that would bring things in his bag to show what he wanted to be when he grew up. Stuff like a length of yarn made into a lasso when he wanted to be a cowboy. One day he walks in & tells me he wants to be an "animal cop" and catch bad animals. He then proceeds to pull out fur lined "novelty" handcuffs right in from of DCM. Needless to say Mom took the bag with her.
284878 06:22 AM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

Haha this why I don't allow diaper bags. I read another post about the tampon and I edited my handbook.
CeriBear 06:22 AM 06-09-2020
My kiddos don’t have diaper bags but they do have backpacks that they use to take home bedding in. One time on a Monday a child opened his backpack to take out his clean bedding and out came a half eaten snickers bar. This might not gave been so bad but we are a nut free center and that year I had a girl who was severely allergic to peanuts. Other interesting items have been nail polish, canned soup, and a compass.
Jo123ABC 12:32 PM 06-09-2020
Bullet shells. It was fine. They were empty cartridges and we live in an area where hunting is popular but it was definitely unexpected
Unregistered 01:04 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Half-full bottle of vodka about ten years ago back when we were a drop-in only center. That mom was a complete sh*tshow and we already knew it before that happened. Thaey never came back after that incident.
Something similar happened when I worked in a center. The mom arrived drunk. As mandated reporters, we called the police who asked us to detain the mom. The arrived and did nothing.
flying_babyb 04:31 PM 06-09-2020
white pills in a snow boot, we called the police (later found out the father was abusing the child)
We find all sorts of weird stuff, thats why we banned them. Got a kid who likes to smuggle pocket tresures in, today he came with a large folding pocket knife...
Pestle 10:52 AM 06-11-2020
Homemade muffin with nuts in it. My kid had a nut allergy and no outside food was allowed in, but that family kept trying to sneak things in. Right after that, bloody tampon applicator. I had it in my hand reaching for the diaper.

And that's when I got wise and banned diaper bags!

Meeko 01:06 PM 06-11-2020
No bags allowed.

I've found just about every disgusting thing you can think of......used tampons, dirty diapers, sex toys, cigarettes, prescription drugs, chemical sprays........people are filthy!
Pestle 01:50 PM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by Meeko:
No bags allowed.

I've found just about every disgusting thing you can think of......used tampons, dirty diapers, sex toys, cigarettes, prescription drugs, chemical sprays........people are filthy!
Why why why why why would you be in a situation in which throwing the sex toy into the diaper bag seems like a reasonable move
KayB 04:46 PM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
Bullet shells. It was fine. They were empty cartridges and we live in an area where hunting is popular but it was definitely unexpected
About 10 years ago when I was allowing diaper bags I found a gun. It was unloaded and the parents felt so bad!
People are CRAZY!!
Ariana 04:53 AM 06-14-2020
Moldy food and dirty clothes that have gone moldy. Fun times! Not as fun as finding weapons though
CeriBear 05:26 AM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Not a diaper bag, but had a DCB that would bring things in his bag to show what he wanted to be when he grew up. Stuff like a length of yarn made into a lasso when he wanted to be a cowboy. One day he walks in & tells me he wants to be an "animal cop" and catch bad animals. He then proceeds to pull out fur lined "novelty" handcuffs right in from of DCM. Needless to say Mom took the bag with her.
I’ll bet mom’s face turned bright red.
Pestle 01:16 PM 06-14-2020
Originally Posted by CeriBear:
Other interesting items have been nail polish, canned soup, and a compass.
The kind of compass with the stabby point?!
CeriBear 03:09 PM 06-14-2020
Yes. Kid had a 12 year old brother and it was his old bag.
Mariposa 10:42 AM 08-18-2020
One reason I feel u safe in centers-even as s center employee and Director. So many staff do not check. Medication, old milk, cigarettes, lighters...
Meeko 12:44 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Why why why why why would you be in a situation in which throwing the sex toy into the diaper bag seems like a reasonable move
I didn't want to ask!!!!
Unregistered 11:14 AM 08-24-2020
I found a checkbook in one along with some bank receipts and statements.
Tags:diaper bag, diaper bag - not allowed, fun thread, funny
Reply Up