Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tom-Big Tax Problem I Think
nikia 07:54 PM 03-02-2011
Okay here is my issue, I went to H & R block and filed my taxes. The guy didnt have us check it out before he filed, stupid me for not demanding to look at them. Well he forgot to enter misc income from my state for the children who are on state assistance. What do I do now? I did them myself just to compare what it would do and I actually would get more back after my deductions that what he had. Please help me, do I file an amendment myself? Go back to him? What will this do to me now? Thank you for the help
TomCopeland 01:18 PM 03-03-2011
If your tax preparer had the information from you about the income from subsidized parents then ask him to file an amended tax return for you. He shouldn't charge you for this because he made a mistake in not including it. If you didn't share this information with him, then ask what it would cost for him to file an amended return and compare it to how much tax you would save. Filing Form 1040X Amended Return is not complicated, so you could do it yourself.
nikia 01:43 PM 03-03-2011
Thank you he did have the info I talked to the manager today as the guy who did them was out of the office. The manager told me he shouldn't be doing small business taxes as he isn't organized enough. Scary!!!!!! So the manager is going to look my taxes over completely and file an amendment at know charge. Thank you again
emosks 07:36 AM 03-04-2011
Yikes! Glad you caught it!!
Tags:filing taxes, h&r block
Reply Up