Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cannot Wait To Be Done - Vent
nikia 11:54 AM 03-21-2011
Im not needing any advice just need to get this off my chest. I am so happy to be done with daycare. Although I love these kids, it is time and the next two weeks cannot go by fast enough. I am sure some will think horrible of me for saying that but its the truth. It was bittersweet for me up until this weekend and today and now I have just had it.

Mom didnt pay me on Friday, she brought it on Saturday after 10 times of me calling and texting her. She just walked right in to my house on a Saturday, no knock no ring of the doorbell, just walked in like she owned the place. Needless to say I was pretty ticked off.

Then today different mom sent me a text and told me she has to go stuff with her state money from the grocery store and she would be late. Now I dont care if they run errands but I have had her kids for 11 hours already today and instead of asking me she tells me and that makes me mad too.

So my point, I cant wait until my home is my home again, I dont have to chase down my paycheck, I have health insurance paid for by my employer and my children wont want to go on playdates instead of coming home after school because they dont like the daycare.

If I had to do this all over again I would have been a warden from the start in my policies and the families I accepted into my daycare, so anyone who is just starting out thats my advice. Stick to your policies, be very choosy about who you take, have contracted hours and always pay before play I will miss the kids, but not as much as I miss my own when they dont want to come home until after all the daycare kids leave.
momofsix 12:04 PM 03-21-2011
I hope everything works out great for you in your "life after daycare"! You'll be so bored w/out all the drama you've had lately
I hope you'll stay a part of this forum and offer your insight and wisdom!
daycare 12:15 PM 03-21-2011
You have every right to feel this way. While there are great parents that follow the rules, sadly there are always those that don't; which bring us to our breaking point.
There is no worse feeling than caring for someones most important person in their life only to be mistreated and stepped on.

Trust me I know we have all counted down the days just to get to the weekend looking for that much needed break. While this is a business, it does involve our emotions unlike most jobs.

Hugs to you and hang in their. Just know there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Tags:monday, overwhelmed, vent
Reply Up