Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OMG its Monday!
TickleMonster 06:18 AM 06-09-2014
So Monday begins with a child coming in screaming and saying she doesn't want to be at daycare. This dcg has been with us almost 2 years and rarely has any problems so idk what her issue is today but after dcm left, she threw herself on the floor and kicked the dickens out of my mother when she tried to redirect her attention to the play area. Oh happy Monday.
Blackcat31 06:22 AM 06-09-2014
How old is this child?

Kicking another adult would warrant separation or shadowing.

Sorry your day is starting out so rough.
TickleMonster 06:25 AM 06-09-2014
Thanks for the support. She will be 3 in July. She is normally a very reserved child so this really shocked us. I know there are some issues going on in the home so I can only assume this acting out is coming from that. Either way, it is inexcusable and we will be discussing it with dcm.
Blackcat31 06:32 AM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by TickleMonster:
Thanks for the support. She will be 3 in July. She is normally a very reserved child so this really shocked us. I know there are some issues going on in the home so I can only assume this acting out is coming from that. Either way, it is inexcusable and we will be discussing it with dcm.
...More than likely.

She is probably just "testing" to make sure the boundaries and rules are not changing. If home life is, then they usually NEED the other environments in their lives to remain stable and consistent.

I suppose kicking and tantrumming was her way of "checking".

NOT okay and something I would still have a consequence for as well as a discussion with mom about but still, it definitely helps knowing the reasons why a child may be acting out.

Hope she has a better day for you.
TickleMonster 02:59 PM 06-09-2014
She did. After a timeout she straightened out and we had her giggling and playing in no time. She even did a lot of art for mommy and daddy today. Dcm called about an hour after the tantrum to see if dcg was ok. We discussed things with her and everything seems alright now. Thanks
Reply Up