Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>How many kids to on adult
Mother of 5 08:43 PM 04-22-2009
I have 5 kids in daycare 6,4,2,1, and a newborn. When I drop them off it seems like there are to many kids in each room and only one adult. The other day I took my one year to his room and I counted 16 kids and only 2 adults, and when I took my 2 mth old to her room there were 8 or 9 babies and only one adult how is one person supposed to make all those babies happy? If any one knows the ratios please let me know thank you.
cadaycare 08:29 PM 04-24-2009
Hi -
I know laws are different in each state. In CA, there can only be 4 infants to 1 provider. In CA, any child under the age of 2 is considered an iinfant. Older kids, I believe it's 8:1. Just check out a licensing website for you state to be sure. Hope this is helpful.
Former Teacher 05:41 PM 04-25-2009
It depends on what time you drop the kids off. For example in Texas, 1 staff member can be alone with up to 16 children (no matter the ages) 45 mins. after opening and 45 mins. before closing.
Since I used to open the center where I once worked that bothered me. I questioned the gem of a licensing rep we had. I told her that on some days I had 2 kids at 630 a.m. (when we opened) and other times there would be more. So I questioned her. I asked her what would happened if by say 7:00 a.m. I had 25 kids all by myself since it was before the 45 min. cut off. She told me that I would be out of ratio. I said what would I do...tell them they can't come in? She said EXACT words "I don't make the rules Honey but you better abide by em!!"
So long story short...it depends on your state and the time you drop them off. Good Luck!
Reply Up