Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vent/Steam Update
katie 12:11 PM 01-20-2011
So, mom emails me today. Please reconsider. Did I do something wrong? No you never did. You just never paid on time or the right amount, you were always late, the list goes on! Can I bring him 3 days, can I pick up earlier? NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO. Your last day is Feb 11th! Strength Lord. Strength.
Get me through the next 3 weeks, AMPLE time for termination. Maybe too long.
DCMomOf3 12:15 PM 01-20-2011
Stay strong! You did what anyone else in your shoes would do.
Live and Learn 12:21 PM 01-20-2011
I give two weeks when I term and hope that they don't take me up on it!
I have termed mid school year three times:
1) gave 2 week notice but they didn't use it
2) termed effective immediately
3 gave 2 week notice just before winter break so they actually had a month to find alternate care. They used the 2 weeks that I gave them.
Live and Learn 12:36 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by katie:
Did I do something wrong?
I wouldn't put it in writing but if she asks you this again go ahead and tell her if you haven't already. It would be a real gift to her future dc provider.
marniewon 12:53 PM 01-20-2011
[quote=Live and Learn;74146]
Originally Posted by katie:
Did I do something wrong?

I wouldn't put it in writing but if she asks you this again go ahead and tell her if you haven't already. It would be a real gift to her future dc provider.
I agree - you should definitely tell her what she did "wrong"!
Blackcat31 12:56 PM 01-20-2011
funny how quickly the dcp's realize how good they had it when it is too late.....

Stay strong sister!!...hold your ground, she was not treating you as a friend and probably won't the second time around if she figures you are weak enough to give into her.......so don't give her the opportunity.
katie 05:11 PM 01-20-2011
Thanks for the support guys. The encouragement you guys give helps me so much. I sent her an email back with clear terms of her last day and that this was not negotiable. I also told her that not paying for holidays we had talked about, late pay, etc was the reason. She didn't say a word about it at pickup. Hope she leaves before the 3 weeks are up. Once she got a wiff of the actual cost and rules of everyone else on the planet she freaked out.
momma2girls 05:21 AM 01-21-2011
Good for you!!!! You do get stronger and stronger at this job, don't we???
momofboys 05:23 AM 01-21-2011
Good for you Katie!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:31 AM 01-21-2011
Good for you! I am proud that you stuck to your word. It's very difficult to do for some people, such as myself. This board is a great support system!
Tags:late payment, vent
Reply Up