Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kidkare ePay Fees
Cat Herder 04:19 AM 01-09-2018
In MMK Pro the ePay fees withheld were automatically added to the schedule C expense report. I did not have to search to find it, it was user friendly and transparent.

I am not seeing that in Kidkare. I cannot find a statement for the withheld fees anywhere. I also cannot find where to print my receipts or an annual statement for the monthly autopay of KidKare, itself. Anyone with tips? Am I missing some magic tab?

My last listing is from skyhill in September.
Blackcat31 06:14 AM 01-09-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
In MMK Pro the ePay fees withheld were automatically added to the schedule C expense report. I did not have to search to find it, it was user friendly and transparent.

I am not seeing that in Kidkare. I cannot find a statement for the withheld fees anywhere. I also cannot find where to print my receipts or an annual statement for the monthly autopay of KidKare, itself. Anyone with tips? Am I missing some magic tab?

My last listing is from skyhill in September.
I do not use KK for accounting/invoicing parents
(I am half way to deleting KK all together as it sucks)

Does this help?

https://help.kidkare.com/help/print-account-statement
Cat Herder 06:21 AM 01-09-2018
That is the statement of accounts for the parents. What they paid me.

I can't find what I paid KidKare and whom they contract with for ePay. I also noticed that (the epay company name) has changed in the last couple weeks, too. From payforit.net to i3verticals

My accountant will need those statements.
MissAnn 04:04 AM 01-10-2018
With MMK it would give you a one page summary report on the different items. With KidKare it looks like you have to print out several pages.....like every payment parents made. I don’t think our tax people will need all that.
sharlan 12:20 PM 01-10-2018
I HATE KIDCARE!

The amounts my parents paid don't add up. I kept using MM for a couple of months because I couldn't mark my invoices paid. Since parents pay the same for 52 weeks I can easily figure it out, but it's a hassle.
CityGarden 01:13 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I do not use KK for accounting/invoicing parents
(I am half way to deleting KK all together as it sucks)

Does this help?

https://help.kidkare.com/help/print-account-statement
What do you use for accounting / invoicing parents?
Blackcat31 01:28 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
What do you use for accounting / invoicing parents?
I don't invoice as client fees are the same 52 weeks a year so I don't need to invoice different amounts.
Parents know what they owe.

Everyone pays weekly through their bank apps so they send money directly to my bank account. No worries over closed days or holidays. Each bank is different but all (atleast here) banks have some sort of e-pay/on-line payment option for paying bills.

Every Friday I just get a notice that X family has paid me and the money has posted to my account and is available immediately.

When I need to print out a statement of payment for the year, I can just log onto my banking app and pick that family and it will sort all payments from them onto one "report". Easy peasy.
CityGarden 03:37 PM 01-10-2018
I don't invoice as client fees are the same 52 weeks a year so I don't need to invoice different amounts.
Parents know what they owe.

Everyone pays weekly through their bank apps so they send money directly to my bank account. No worries over closed days or holidays. Each bank is different but all (atleast here) banks have some sort of e-pay/on-line payment option for paying bills.

Every Friday I just get a notice that X family has paid me and the money has posted to my account and is available immediately.

When I need to print out a statement of payment for the year, I can just log onto my banking app and pick that family and it will sort all payments from them onto one "report". Easy peasy.
Wow that does sound easy!!! I am only using Brightwheel for invoicing so I am trying to find something new that I like as much!
MarinaVanessa 04:11 PM 01-10-2018
I ordered the calendar keeper by Red Leaf Press and will go back to analog record keeping. I'm tired of KidKare. It does nothing that I liked about Minute Menu so I quit.

Clients that bank at my bank can sign up for the payment feature. I don't know how it works if they don't bank with my bank. BC do you have clients that pay through their bank if it's different than yours? I'm curious to know how that works. I like that my bank doesn't charge me if someone sends me money electronically but I've only ever tried it with people that bank at the same bank.

Others pay me through my Square card reader. It takes less time for the money to get deposited into my account vs KidKare so that's a plus. There are fees but it's the same pretty much as PayPal so I just eat the cost and write it off at the end of the year. I can invoice them using the app and can enter their payment even if they give me cash and it will keep track of invoices. I may just use Square to invoice to be able to invoice them and keep track of payments.

Before Square I used PayPal (they have a card reader too), now they have Friends and Family and there is no charge to send or receive money that way. I have a debit card though, if I didn't I wouldn't use PayPal. Waiting for days for my money to transfer into my bank would stick and you have to do it manually but the card is nice because I'd use it at stores for purchases.
Blackcat31 04:55 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Wow that does sound easy!!! I am only using Brightwheel for invoicing so I am trying to find something new that I like as much!
It’s soooo nice.... and convenient!

Check with your area banks... I live in a pretty rural community (pop. 10,000 ppl maybe...we don’t have taxis/busses and most businesses are closed on Sundays) and all our banks including local private owned have online bill pay options.

I needed only supply my e-mail address or name and name of my bank for parents to set it up so no handing out account #’s or ss#’s to clients
hwichlaz 05:54 PM 01-10-2018
The money I pay to MM gets added to my expense report. I think its my 8829. If not, it's my schedule C.
Cat Herder 04:08 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
The money I pay to MM gets added to my expense report. I think its my 8829. If not, it's my schedule C.
Mine did too until November when I made the switch to KidKare. All receipts end in November after skyhill was changed to payforit.com, then to i3verticals. Are you still able to use your Minute Menu Pro?
Cat Herder 04:13 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
With MMK it would give you a one page summary report on the different items. With KidKare it looks like you have to print out several pages.....like every payment parents made. I don’t think our tax people will need all that.
I printed the statement of itemized payments for that. It was 12 pages.

Even the tab "epay settlements" is parent receipts. Nothing for what I pay.
Lovisa 06:14 AM 01-11-2018
I'm still currently using MMK. I am not on the food program though so only use it for accounting purposes. I'm using it till they kick me off lol
Cat Herder 06:20 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by Lovisa:
I'm still currently using MMK. I am not on the food program though so only use it for accounting purposes. I'm using it till they kick me off lol
I thought we were kicked off.

Well now I need to check the old account. I was afraid to log into it expecting it to do something to the KidKare account.
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

BC do you have clients that pay through their bank if it's different than yours? I'm curious to know how that works. I like that my bank doesn't charge me if someone sends me money electronically but I've only ever tried it with people that bank at the same bank.
Yes, ALL area banks offer some sort of e-pay or online bill pay features.

My parents bank at Wells Fargo, US Bank, TCF, Bank of America and a few banks that I think are more local ? (Affinity Plus Credit Union, State Bank, American Bank) but so far I haven't had any parents tell me they don't have the option to pay via this method.

NONE of them are charged (nor am I) for any of these transactions either.

I think you can use this link to see if your bank offers this feature http://www.ebillplace.com/cda/ebillp...anksearch.html
Blackcat31 06:41 AM 01-11-2018
I thought we were kicked off.

Well now I need to check the old account. I was afraid to log into it expecting it to do something to the KidKare account.
A friend of mine quit the food program in October.

She has tried to continue using MMK and it won't let her log in at all and gives her a message that MMK no longer exists and that she must download KK.

She said she has NO access to previous accounting info or anything.
Cat Herder 07:15 AM 01-11-2018
A friend of mine quit the food program in October.

She has tried to continue using MMK and it won't let her log in at all and gives her a message that MMK no longer exists and that she must download KK.

She said she has NO access to previous accounting info or anything.
That is what I was expecting. Thank you

I saw a post on KK fb page that said to check spam folders for email receipts. My internet is too slow to open emails at home right now, so I will check that out next week when they "expect" our line to be "fixed" ( currently .78 - 3.0 out of promised 15.0) .
hwichlaz 07:36 AM 01-11-2018
Mine did too until November when I made the switch to KidKare. All receipts end in November after skyhill was changed to payforit.com, then to i3verticals. Are you still able to use your Minute Menu Pro?
No I made the switch on January 1st 2017 just to avoid record keeping issues. I printed all of my year end stuff out from MMK first.
sammie 09:00 AM 01-11-2018
I also still use MMK for accounting. I am still able to get on and input information for last year and new information for this year. I joined the food program in July but use paper forms to fill out meals and attendance. My MMK subscription expires in March. I guess I'll see then if they let me renew. (I was surprised last year when it did!)
Blackcat31 09:02 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by sammie:
I also still use MMK for accounting. I am still able to get on and input information for last year and new information for this year. I joined the food program in July but use paper forms to fill out meals and attendance. My MMK subscription expires in March. I guess I'll see then if they let me renew. (I was surprised last year when it did!)
Are you using MMK via the food program or did you outright pay for the software and that is what expires in March?

I'm wondering if that is the difference between those that can access it and those that cannot.
sammie 09:10 AM 01-11-2018
Are you using MMK via the food program or did you outright pay for the software and that is what expires in March?

I'm wondering if that is the difference between those that can access it and those that cannot.
I pay for the subscription. When I joined the food program I let her know that I did not want to submit the forms electronically because of all the problems KK was having.
Lovisa 06:10 AM 01-12-2018

For me, I paid for the software. I've never been a part of the food program. I have tried to switch over to KK several times, thinking MAYBE it will have improved, but I'm always disappointed. ugh. I always go right back to MMK with no issues. My subscription is up in a week so I guess we'll see if they kick me off then, or let me renew! Tom told me, via an email, that if we aren't in the food program, that we could still use MMK for accounting for another year or so. I wish I could just use it forever!
Cat Herder 06:42 AM 01-12-2018
Tom told me, via an email, that if we aren't in the food program, that we could still use MMK for accounting for another year or so. I wish I could just use it forever!
I would gladly pay for both if they would allow that to continue. I am not on the food program, now, but may consider trying it again next year.
sammie 06:50 AM 01-12-2018
For me, I paid for the software. I've never been a part of the food program. I have tried to switch over to KK several times, thinking MAYBE it will have improved, but I'm always disappointed. ugh. I always go right back to MMK with no issues. My subscription is up in a week so I guess we'll see if they kick me off then, or let me renew! Tom told me, via an email, that if we aren't in the food program, that we could still use MMK for accounting for another year or so. I wish I could just use it forever!
Let us know if they let you renew. I hope they do!!
Lovisa 07:12 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by sammie:
Let us know if they let you renew. I hope they do!!
Will do!
sammie 08:30 AM 02-06-2018
Will do!
Did MM let you renew?
Country Kids 10:06 AM 02-06-2018
I switched to KK in September for accounting because I thought the whole program was going down. I had it saved to my desktop though and when I needed to print out stuff for clients for last year, it let me with no problem.

I would go back in a heart beat if it would let me!
Indoorvoice 02:22 PM 02-06-2018
I was a bad daycare provider and just resubscribed to mmk in December of 2017 to do all my expense paperwork for 2017.im not part of the food program. I just use mmk because I like it for taxes. There was no notice about it ending and it gave me a full year subscription. We'll see!
Cat Herder 02:32 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I was a bad daycare provider and just resubscribed to mmk in December of 2017 to do all my expense paperwork for 2017.im not part of the food program. I just use mmk because I like it for taxes. There was no notice about it ending and it gave me a full year subscription. We'll see!
You have got to be kidding me.

I could have saved so much stress over the holidays. I am glad it worked for you, though.
Country Kids 03:14 PM 02-06-2018
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I was told it was all ending the end of September! I would have just stayed with it and not be dealing with the headaches of it now. I may just go in and see if mine still works and work off from there to finish my tax stuff.
Tags:electronic payments, kidkare, kidkare accounting reports
Reply Up