Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Snowmom 07:36 AM 01-17-2018
I'm in such a rut.
January is always tough. There's not much (immediately) to look forward to after the holidays have passed and it's so bitterly cold out.
That alone gives me the winter blues.

Then factor in Christmas bills become due and I always seem to have the families that can't manage money.
DCM bounced a check on me last week. She did it 7 months ago too and was required to pay cash for 6 months. So, this is two bounced checks in a year. She "ran out of gas" on Friday and was a couple minutes late picking up. Monday, she didn't have cash to pay. She got a termination notice.

This is two terminations for my group since October.

Family #2 picked up late yesterday. I handed them a late fee notice. Deer in headlights.
I may term them too. Too many issues in the short 3 months they've been here (and they filled in the last termed spot!).

I've never had so many issues as I have in the past year. I know we all say it: it's not the kids, it's the adults.
I know it's part of the job, I just don't know how much more I can deal with it.

I'm trying to find the joy, I really am.
amberrose3dg 07:52 AM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I'm in such a rut.
January is always tough. There's not much (immediately) to look forward to after the holidays have passed and it's so bitterly cold out.

Then factor in Christmas bills become due and I always seem to have the families that can't manage money.
DCM bounced a check on me last week. She did it 7 months ago too and was required to pay cash for 6 months. So, this is two bounced checks in a year. She "ran out of gas" on Friday and was a couple minutes late picking up. Monday, she didn't have cash to pay. She got a termination notice.

Family #2 picked up late yesterday. I handed them a late fee notice. Deer in headlights.
I may term them too. Too many issues in the short 3 months they've been here (and they filled in the last termed spot!).

I've never had so many issues as I have in the past year. I know we all say it: it's not the kids, it's the adults.
I know it's part of the job, I just don't know how much more I can deal with it.

Same thing here.
Family #1 mom used to pay on time when kid was week on and off. He was all day then too so higher rate. Now since He started school he's here every week. She always pays late. Payment is due on drop off Monday. I'm lucky if I get a check by Wednesday at pick up. Each week I have to ask for the money. I feel like she is putting me in a bad spot. He lives down the street and is in my son's class. I am no longer reminding. I am just handing out late fee notice. If that doesn't fix it, will terminate her.
Family#2 so many issues. Mom always talks to me in a condescending manner. Her son's behavior is getting awful. He slapped me in the face last week. She is always trying to short me money and question my policies. He's been here well over a year. I am giving a termination notice at the end of the week. I am done explaining myself and trying to barter with her.she needs a nanny she can control or a daycare that is ok with her paying whatever she feels like that day.
Parents are always harder to deal with usually than the kids.
Blackcat31 10:11 AM 01-17-2018
so true!
Attached: 26230299_10215747385536439_394546019863530947_n.jpg (55.9 KB) 
Ariana 10:21 AM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I'm in such a rut.

I am with ya! This past year has been my worst as well. Bad behavior of parents all around. It is never the kids!

daycarediva 11:10 AM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by fifi:
We have a little busybody at work. He's always coming up to me, saying so-and-so did this. So-and-so did this. Ms. F, you should do this, you really need to do that. I constantly tell him, "If it's not an emergency, I don't want to hear it." Or, "I am the teacher, not you. Your job is to have fun and make sure you are doing the right thing." Then he just stands there looking obstinate and doesn't say a thing. Twenty minutes later he's back again. He was getting a bit better, but after a week off at Christmas he is back full swing bossing me around.
Turn it around on him!

"Oh, you're tattling to get Joey in trouble. Ms. F does not like that."

amberrose3dg 03:44 AM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am with ya! This past year has been my worst as well. Bad behavior of parents all around. It is never the kids!

Still no payment so she got a nice notice this morning with 45 dollars in late fees. I am done pay me on time or leave.
amberrose3dg 03:46 AM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Still no payment so she got a nice notice this morning with 45 dollars in late fees. I am done pay me on time or leave.
And if she doesn't bring me a check this evening tomorrow will be another 15 dollars. I do not want your money I want you to pay me on time. Friday is not pay day! I've told her over and over. The notice even said failure to pay on time will result in loss of child care.
Next up terminating my pain in the butt mom and child.
Ariana 09:48 AM 01-18-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Turn it around on him!

"Oh, you're tattling to get Joey in trouble. Ms. F does not like that."

I always say “are you telling me to help someone or to get someone in trouble?” It kind of gets then to think about what they are doing. My own daughter is the tattler of all tattlers and it took a while for her to understand that she can ask herself this question before deciding to tell.
amberrose3dg 09:51 AM 01-18-2018
And if she doesn't bring me a check this evening tomorrow will be another 15 dollars. I do not want your money I want you to pay me on time. Friday is not pay day! I've told her over and over. The notice even said failure to pay on time will result in loss of child care.
Next up terminating my pain in the butt mom and child.
She also had the nerve to tell her child in front of me at pick up they were going to buffalo wild wings when she has not paid her daycare. I am almost positive she will whine and complain how she cannot afford the late fee.
LysesKids 10:13 PM 01-21-2018
She also had the nerve to tell her child in front of me at pick up they were going to buffalo wild wings when she has not paid her daycare. I am almost positive she will whine and complain how she cannot afford the late fee.
I would have termed on the spot... I might need my pay, but I don't need snotty parents more; and then where will she go for daycare
MomBoss 12:06 PM 01-23-2018
Im giving out new contracts for the year with a changed policy. I will no longer be giving discounts for parent vacations. Insted my philosophy will be "i wont pay for your vacations, you wont pay for mine" . I know there will be one family that will argue the change because they always use the discount. They argue all my changes but in the end just deal with it. Im a little nervous because I always get so flustered!
cpajarillio 06:59 PM 01-23-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
I guess I can start this one since the Venting Thread Was Deleted!

It happens sometimes. I did it once on the Positive Thread and it was our biggest thread!

No problem. So let's start this one up again since there were lots of vent/ors in the past.
one of the parent always not telling me not to pick up her kid in the school ongoing i told her today when she drop off her kid and she just gave me a smile and sorry
cpajarillio 07:01 PM 01-23-2018
i have a parent under govt subsidy but last 2 months always not coming like last month only total of 1.5 weeks this month so far 4 days do i charge the govt or give her warning thats she cant do this since we signed a full time contract
LysesKids 12:27 AM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by cpajarillio:
I have a parent under govt subsidy but last 2 months always not coming like last month only total of 1.5 weeks this month so far 4 days do i charge the govt or give her warning thats she cant do this since we signed a full time contract
From what I understand, you only get paid for days attended; that said... If parent is not working or going to school FT here they lose subsidy grants. I would call the worker & say hey, whats up; I would also tell parent they must pay for days not attended since they signed a contract stating so many days would be attended; since the state won't pay for non attendance, it's on the parent in my eyes. BTW, if parent isn't working or going to school it's fraud if they try & get state to pay & you should have a sign in sheet to prove attendance
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by cpajarillio:
i have a parent under govt subsidy but last 2 months always not coming like last month only total of 1.5 weeks this month so far 4 days do i charge the govt or give her warning thats she cant do this since we signed a full time contract
I have a policy that says a child is automatically removed from the enrollment roster if they miss more than 5 consecutive days without communication.

I'd consider this family a self-term.
LysesKids 01:12 PM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a policy that says a child is automatically removed from the enrollment roster if they miss more than 5 consecutive days without communication.

I'd consider this family a self-term.
I have mine as 3 days no contact/no show. I don't play games with people. By day 3 I already have an ad on CL looking to replace. The fact it's a subsidy client, means client already broke their contract with the state too
Miss A 06:57 AM 01-26-2018
I made a doctor's appointment t weeks in advance. I have one sub lined up, but due to her mental health I need to find a new sub. Found second sub, she is co firmed to come today when I need her. This morning doctors office called, the doctor is now out of office today.

I get that life happens, and doctors are people too. But this profession is so not flexible, there are no clinics with extended hours available to me, and when I work hard to get things scheduled out only to have them change at the last minute just super frustrates me.
amberrose3dg 07:10 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I made a doctor's appointment t weeks in advance. I have one sub lined up, but due to her mental health I need to find a new sub. Found second sub, she is co firmed to come today when I need her. This morning doctors office called, the doctor is now out of office today.

I get that life happens, and doctors are people too. But this profession is so not flexible, there are no clinics with extended hours available to me, and when I work hard to get things scheduled out only to have them change at the last minute just super frustrates me.
That would frustrate me too. It is really hard for me to get to the doctors.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:50 AM 01-26-2018

I feel that pain! I was able to sneak in labs this morning, but only if I showed up as they were opening the doors. The stars alligned and I only to push back arrival time for one family. There is one road into town without gong 30 minutes around backroads. I came up on a wreck right after the police arrived, and made it past. two minutes later I got the mass text alert that they were closing that entire side of the highway. Had I been just a hair later I would've had to turn around and go home and reschedule the whole thing. And the docs all act it's no big deal to just "pop in and get labs".
Blackcat31 12:40 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
I feel that pain! I was able to sneak in labs this morning, but only if I showed up as they were opening the doors. The stars alligned and I only to push back arrival time for one family. There is one road into town without gong 30 minutes around backroads. I came up on a wreck right after the police arrived, and made it past. two minutes later I got the mass text alert that they were closing that entire side of the highway. Had I been just a hair later I would've had to turn around and go home and reschedule the whole thing. And the docs all act it's no big deal to just "pop in and get labs".
I had an appointment this morning with an oncologist.
I was 12 minutes late when checking in. The receptionist picked up the phone and called back to the doctor to see if they would still see me. After getting the OK, she said "The Dr will see you but he won't be able to spend the whole hour with you because they need to stay on schedule"

I'm thinking "good, because it's a consult so I don't need an hour and since I was late and this IS part of MY hour, they should be standing around waiting for me."

Nope...took them another 20 minutes to call me from the waiting room and then another 5-10 minutes waiting in the exam room. That's where MY hour went...

Then the whole stupid visit lasted less than 10 minutes anyways and all I learned was what the oncologists children are doing for a living. fwiw~ One of them bakes pies in Vermont and the other one plays the saxophone for a local orchestra even though his live in girlfriend wants him to get a 'real' job.

The time frame doctor's use and the time frame the rest of the world uses are apparently very different.

Glad you got in to do lab work and made it back in time before you weren't able to!
Miss A 01:07 PM 01-26-2018
I just do not understand why there aren't more clinics in rural areas that offer extended hours. We have 2 clinics in town, one offer hours till 7 on Mondays, and from 8-12 of Saturday's, but those hours are for same day appointments only, and use float doctors. If I want to see my doctor, I need to schedule 6 weeks in advance like I did this last time.

This is one of my major stressor in this field. The feeling of being "stuck", and all the extra hoops I have to jump through just to do one basic task. But, I know that there are pros to this job that those who work outside the home don't experience.
AmyKidsCo 01:29 PM 01-26-2018
That would frustrate me too. It is really hard for me to get to the doctors.
Ditto. A couple of years ago I closed for a day for dentist, doctor, etc, but haven't since. I've been meaning to make appointments again but my dentist is closed on Fridays and I don't want to close mid-week because then I have an extra "Monday" in the week. One Monday is bad enough! I also refuse to go during my vacation.
storybookending 03:47 PM 01-26-2018
I just do not understand why there aren't more clinics in rural areas that offer extended hours.
Because the doctors themselves don’t want to work “off hours”. They feel entitled to work when they want because of their status and typically early mornings and late nights are not what they want.

I turned 26 this year and fell off my parents’ insurance policy. I wanted to get all my appointments in the month of so before my birthday. I LOVE my primary care doctor but she only works something ridiculous like Tu-Th 10-2. The local dentist office that my insurance covers is only open typical hours. The eye doctors only work late one evening a week and the appointments are booked at least 3 months out and I called too late. I am fortunate to have family around and was able to schedule my appointments for times after the children were all down for nap and my grandma sat with them.

I am a pretty healthy person so far. I only see my primary care doctor once every 18 months or so and only because they won’t let her renew my prescriptions without an office visit I see the eye doctor once every 3ish years and I no longer have dental insurance under my own policy so I’m just hoping nothing bad happens and I don’t have to deal with the craziness that comes with scheduling an appointment and arranging for my grandma to come and all of that. I don’t know how some of you do it that have more than one appointment a year plus kids to take and all that!
BumbleBee 05:24 PM 01-28-2018
8pm Sunday night I get the sick kid text.

"Dcg tested positive for influenza A today."

Crap.
Josiegirl 02:00 AM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:

Crap.
Hope everyone else stays well! And hope he gets better soon.
DaveA 03:31 AM 01-29-2018

Crap.
Yuck! Hope you all stay healthy.
amberrose3dg 03:52 AM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Yuck! Hope you all stay healthy.
That is rough. I hope no one else ends up with it.

My headache mom who never pays on time just gave me notice without any notice. She text me last night at like 8pm saying he wasn't coming back.
I gave her a big late fee two weeks ago. It would be a rant on how she handled it but honestly I am quite relieved he is gone. She has her neighbor friends doing it. I think she is forgetting about all the days the kids are out in February and March. Not to mention their will probably be snow days. He can come as drop in at my drop in rate if I have space.
Cat Herder 10:13 AM 01-29-2018
6 hours plus 5 applications of clorox cleanup and the Melissa & Doug "washable" red poster paint is finally off my table.
Attached: melissa-doug-melissa-doug-poster-paint (469 x 600).jpg (43.6 KB) 
BumbleBee 11:32 AM 01-29-2018

Crap.
The silver lining in this is I had most of the day off. Have 2 school agers to pick up soon but otherwise I've been kid free all day.
HappyEverAfter 06:19 PM 01-29-2018
Today was the Monday-est Monday ever! One poorly timed drop off disrupted my morning naps after theyd been napping only 10 minutes. One child is super constipated and not happy about it. One child is teething like crazy and was extra fussy all morning and full on screaming by afternoon and refusing to nap. In the afternoon I got peed on and had to wear my pee soaked shirt for an hour before I could change shirts because there was a child napping in my bedroom and she’d already missed her morning nap because of that poorly timed drop off that woke everyone up. I was afraid I’d wake her up if I went in and started opening dresser drawers. And one dcm let me know at pick up that they’re letting her child sleep in their bed again and that’s probably why he wouldn’t nap for me today. Oh and during my 11 hour day, I never once got a chance to eat my lunch or sit down for a few minutes. I am already getting in bed and it’s not even 8:30pm yet. Final thoughts as I call it a day: Please, oh please don’t let the rest of this week be so trying!
Claraskids 06:56 PM 01-29-2018
Happyeverafter, so sorry to hear it has been a "Monday - Monday". Same here. It has to get better, right?

Hmmm, maybe not. Hubby and I are debating whether or not to close our doors the end of February. Originally, I had planned to stay open through the school year (we are likely moving out of state), but I have a dcm who is pushing me over the edge. If her child goes home with any mark at all, I get the guilt trip from her. I only have three little ones so they are always within my sight and usually within arms reach. Tonight she sent a picture claiming he was bitten and wants the other child terminated tonight. My nerves are just fried trying to decide how to deal with this.
HappyEverAfter 07:26 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Happyeverafter, so sorry to hear it has been a "Monday - Monday". Same here. It has to get better, right?

Hmmm, maybe not. Hubby and I are debating whether or not to close our doors the end of February. Originally, I had planned to stay open through the school year (we are likely moving out of state), but I have a dcm who is pushing me over the edge. If her child goes home with any mark at all, I get the guilt trip from her. I only have three little ones so they are always within my sight and usually within arms reach. Tonight she sent a picture claiming he was bitten and wants the other child terminated tonight. My nerves are just fried trying to decide how to deal with this.
Ugh, that dcm does not sound like fun. I definitely wouldn’t let it be up to her as to if another child was terminated, especially if you didn’t see the bite happen or know for sure who did it. It’s totally possible the bite happened after daycare, especially if the child has siblings. Either way, I would think that any bite hard enough to leave a mark would result in the child crying and showing you the bite when it happened. Parents are hands down the hardest part about this job. Hope it all works out for you!
Josiegirl 02:19 AM 01-30-2018

And if you don't terminate the child what will she do?? Leave?? There ya go! I had a dcf who asked me to terminate a biter many years ago. The biter had a sister and a wonderful family attached with him. I did the best I could about not letting the biting happen but it did anyways. Kids can be awfully fast and/or sneaky. Bitee's family decided to pull, truthfully I would've done the same thing. But I would never let a dcf tell me what to do in regards to letting other families go.

Today is Tuesday, hope it goes much better for all!!!
Josiegirl 02:24 AM 01-30-2018
My vent......computers. Argh. I came back to my computer after dcfs left yesterday. Opened it, and I got nothing but a black screen. Two little lights came on, nothing flashed, my mouse arrow didn't show up, tried shutting it down to restart, nothing. It's like it froze up tight. I couldn't do a thing with it so I unplugged it and left it for the night. Worried half the night about what I was going to do and with it being the end of the month I stressed about submitting the FP info, of all things. This a.m. I plugged it in, opened it, and voila.
DON'T do this to me!!!
amberrose3dg 04:39 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
My vent......computers. Argh. I came back to my computer after dcfs left yesterday. Opened it, and I got nothing but a black screen. Two little lights came on, nothing flashed, my mouse arrow didn't show up, tried shutting it down to restart, nothing. It's like it froze up tight. I couldn't do a thing with it so I unplugged it and left it for the night. Worried half the night about what I was going to do and with it being the end of the month I stressed about submitting the FP info, of all things. This a.m. I plugged it in, opened it, and voila.
DON'T do this to me!!!
My vent is my assistant calling out every week or every other week now. Every time a kid is "sick" she is now sick.
My son has his IEP eligibility meeting and she knew how important that was this morning. She claims her stomach hurts and went to the bathroom once.
Why are there no reliable people anymore? They are good for like 2 or 3 months and then call out on average once or twice a week?
MomBoss 06:15 AM 01-30-2018
All this coughing in the air is going to give me an anxiety attack!! Everyone had this gross cough and nobody covers their mouth! Ah!

Thank God for my medical mask
amberrose3dg 09:23 AM 01-30-2018
My vent is my assistant calling out every week or every other week now. Every time a kid is "sick" she is now sick.
My son has his IEP eligibility meeting and she knew how important that was this morning. She claims her stomach hurts and went to the bathroom once.
Why are there no reliable people anymore? They are good for like 2 or 3 months and then call out on average once or twice a week?
I was lucky enough to go to his meeting. My husband and oldest daughter helped out.It was frustrating since I wanted my husband to go as well. My son by all of the standard testing is on the spectrum and will qualify for his IEP.
It is a relief because I know he needs that extra help while at school. I now have to decide what to do about my assistant. She has called out 5 times in the month of January. I am seriously considering letting some kids go so I am no longer required to have one.
Josiegirl 09:45 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
All this coughing in the air is going to give me an anxiety attack!! Everyone had this gross cough and nobody covers their mouth! Ah!

Thank God for my medical mask
I'm not in the public much anyways, being the introvert that I am. But when I was grocery shopping Sunday, I swear this coughing kid was following me down every aisle.
All the flu news is making me paranoid this year.
Josiegirl 09:47 AM 01-30-2018
I was lucky enough to go to his meeting. My husband and oldest daughter helped out.It was frustrating since I wanted my husband to go as well. My son by all of the standard testing is on the spectrum and will qualify for his IEP.
It is a relief because I know he needs that extra help while at school. I now have to decide what to do about my assistant. She has called out 5 times in the month of January. I am seriously considering letting some kids go so I am no longer required to have one.
Wow, 5 times in one month? I don't think I've closed 5 times, due to illness, over the past 5 years. Are good assistants hard to come by? Unless she had pneumonia or something, I think I'd be looking for a replacement or like you're thinking, drop your numbers to where you'd be legal doing it yourself.
amberrose3dg 10:00 AM 01-30-2018
Wow, 5 times in one month? I don't think I've closed 5 times, due to illness, over the past 5 years. Are good assistants hard to come by? Unless she had pneumonia or something, I think I'd be looking for a replacement or like you're thinking, drop your numbers to where you'd be legal doing it yourself.
They seem to be. I have had over 100 people apply and not 1 of them are an ideal candidate to hire. One day was a snow day and it wasn't bad. Another two days in a row she had a Drs note. Last Friday she had a stomach bug. Now 10 days later she is feeling iffy and calling off. I'm just tired of the headache relying on people.
Claraskids 04:58 PM 01-30-2018
Termination gone ugly. It changed from 4 weeks to immediate! I'm sure they will report me but I don't care. Good bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Blackcat31 05:23 PM 01-30-2018
Termination gone ugly. It changed from 4 weeks to immediate! I'm sure they will report me but I don't care. Good bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I’m sorry....
I’ve been there as well..
Sometimes it’s best for all
Just make sure to send your licensor a heads up
Claraskids 06:46 PM 01-30-2018
I’m sorry....
I’ve been there as well..
Sometimes it’s best for all
Just make sure to send your licensor a heads up
Thanks, Blackcat! I did send an alert to my licensor shortly after they finally left. Had to give myself a few minutes to stop shaking first.
amberrose3dg 03:55 AM 01-31-2018
They seem to be. I have had over 100 people apply and not 1 of them are an ideal candidate to hire. One day was a snow day and it wasn't bad. Another two days in a row she had a Drs note. Last Friday she had a stomach bug. Now 10 days later she is feeling iffy and calling off. I'm just tired of the headache relying on people.
And she called off again at 430 am. Why do people not want to work anymore.
I have decided to give a couple of families notice and let her finish out while they look for other arrangements. I talked to licensing and can keep the larger license with less kids in case I find someone else that is reliable or change my mind. As long as I am within ratios.
Mom2Two 08:38 AM 01-31-2018
I'm not in the public much anyways, being the introvert that I am. But when I was grocery shopping Sunday, I swear this coughing kid was following me down every aisle.
All the flu news is making me paranoid this year.
This made me laugh when I read it. I got this image of the kid who seemed like he was following you around and you looking over your shoulder nervously, trying to get away. lol
Mom2Two 08:52 AM 01-31-2018
Dear DCP,

When your daughter with emotional problems arrives, I need ALL my patience to deal with her when I open the door and she's having her buckets of tears and/or temper tantrum. If you decide to allow her to knock constantly because I am tied up with a diaper, and you know perfectly well that this is the reason I haven't answered the door already, because the same thing happened yesterday, then you are setting us all up for problems.

Please, please don't deplete my patience BEFORE I've even opened the door!
amberrose3dg 08:54 AM 01-31-2018
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Dear DCP,

When your daughter with emotional problems arrives, I need ALL my patience to deal with her when I open the door and she's having her buckets of tears and/or temper tantrum. If you decide to allow her to knock constantly because I am tied up with a diaper, and you know perfectly well that this is the reason I haven't answered the door already, because the same thing happened yesterday, then you are setting us all up for problems.

Please, please don't deplete my patience BEFORE I've even opened the door!
Ugh I hate that. Especially when they show up early or later then expected. You can wait!
Josiegirl 09:49 AM 01-31-2018
Ugh I hate that. Especially when they show up early or later then expected. You can wait!
OMG I hate it too. I unlock the door when I know it's drop off or pick up time. But dbdcd(douche bag dcd)drops his ds off at noon sharp, every single school day. Like clockwork. I was busy changing the baby right in the living room when they came so when they knocked on the door I hollered come in. They wait. And wait. I finish and open the door; dcb says we heard you. I know my face said WTF? and dbdcd would've been able to read it if he had an ounce of brain cells.
Blackcat31 01:12 PM 01-31-2018
OMG I hate it too. I unlock the door when I know it's drop off or pick up time. But dbdcd(douche bag dcd)drops his ds off at noon sharp, every single school day. Like clockwork. I was busy changing the baby right in the living room when they came so when they knocked on the door I hollered come in. They wait. And wait. I finish and open the door; dcb says we heard you. I know my face said WTF? and dbdcd would've been able to read it if he had an ounce of brain cells.
DBDCD

I think I woke a couple of my toddlers because I was laughing so loudly....
BumbleBee 08:58 AM 02-01-2018
Dcm sent her 4 yr old to preschool with a 99.5 temp today. Jokes on her because if he temps above 100.4 after preschool he's excluded tomorrow and there's no preschool on Friday's.
Farmerswife 11:54 AM 02-06-2018
1 yr old has been out for a week and a half with Influenza. It's amazing how quickly they can forget how to nap when they hang out with Mom and Grandma for 10 days!
Play Care 04:47 AM 02-07-2018
Today we are supposed to get a big snow storm, and all schools closed last night in anticipation. Wednesday is my lighter day (3 kiddos scheduled) but 2 are teachers kids so they won't be here. My ONE kid has two older SA siblings who will be staying home. They are just *now* deciding what to do with him

I could still be sleeping
amberrose3dg 08:37 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Today we are supposed to get a big snow storm, and all schools closed last night in anticipation. Wednesday is my lighter day (3 kiddos scheduled) but 2 are teachers kids so they won't be here. My ONE kid has two older SA siblings who will be staying home. They are just *now* deciding what to do with him

That is the worst. We had a bad ice storm this morning. I actually had parents that were home with school age considering bringing their kids. So you are home anyways and you are gonna go out in this?
Josiegirl 09:36 AM 02-07-2018
School closed early today, it started snowing full force about 11 this a.m. and we're supposed to get 12". All the dcks are here and I cannot wait to get outside this p.m. so they can play in it!
HappyEverAfter 09:38 AM 02-07-2018
Dcm comes in this morning telling me that dcb has a flaming red diaper rash. He has never had one before since coming to me last July and didn’t have one when he left my house last night at 5:30. I think, we’ll, no big deal, I’ll just apply extra desitin until it clears up. Nope. It’s actually a big deal. She thinks he might even need to see a doctor. She proceeds to tell me that the only reason he has ever had a diaper rash is when he was given dairy products at 4 weeks old before they knew he had an allergy and sort of implies that I must have given him dairy because she is extra careful not to do that at home. Asks what I’ve fed him lately. This is an 8mth old. All of my infants are only fed what the parents send for them. I never provide anything for infants. I don’t even have them near my toddler when I feed her so it isn’t even possible he accidentally ingested something with dairy. I pause a moment, reply that I’ve only given what she provided for him and point out that perhaps the diaper rash has something to do with the loose bowels he’s had since last night caused by starting a new probiotic yesterday morning. She suddenly says oh, I bet you’re right! Really?? You really thought I gave your child a diaper rash because I gave him dairy when I know he has an allergy?? Anyone can get a diaper rash. Not just those with allergies.
daycarediva 09:42 AM 02-07-2018
Originally Posted by Play Care:

Oh my! I made my parents all confirm/deny by 9pm last night.

Originally Posted by HappyEverAfter:
Dcm comes in this morning telling me that dcb has a flaming red diaper rash. He has never had one before since coming to me last July and didn’t have one when he left my house last night at 5:30. I think, we’ll, no big deal, I’ll just apply extra desitin until it clears up. Nope. It’s actually a big deal. She thinks he might even need to see a doctor. She proceeds to tell me that the only reason he has ever had a diaper rash is when he was given dairy products at 4 weeks old before they knew he had an allergy and sort of implies that I must have given him dairy because she is extra careful not to do that at home. Asks what I’ve fed him lately. This is an 8mth old. All of my infants are only fed what the parents send for them. I never provide anything for infants. I don’t even have them near my toddler when I feed her so it isn’t even possible he accidentally ingested something with dairy. I pause a moment, reply that I’ve only given what she provided for him and point out that perhaps the diaper rash has something to do with the loose bowels he’s had since last night caused by starting a new probiotic yesterday morning. She suddenly says oh, I bet you’re right! Really?? You really thought I gave your child a diaper rash because I gave him dairy when I know he has an allergy?? Anyone can get a diaper rash. Not just those with allergies.

SERIOUSLY! I hate the 'it must be daycare's fault'... thought process!
amberrose3dg 05:01 AM 02-08-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Oh my! I made my parents all confirm/deny by 9pm last night.

SERIOUSLY! I hate the 'it must be daycare's fault'... thought process!
2 hour delay for ice and parents show up over an hr earlier than necessary. I guess being home with your kids is hard.
Hunni Bee 12:06 PM 02-08-2018
Naptime isn't over just because you woke up.

Love the "when are you going to turn the lights on" question.
MomBoss 02:11 PM 02-08-2018
Child flushed paper towel. 3 hrs of plunging..im exhausted...
Josiegirl 01:39 AM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Child flushed paper towel. 3 hrs of plunging..im exhausted...
Yikes! Hope it's back to working alright and you got some rest!! It's Friday
amberrose3dg 06:27 AM 02-12-2018
Yikes! Hope it's back to working alright and you got some rest!! It's Friday
I hate Monday's. I am tired and feel like going back to bed. That is all.
Play Care 10:45 AM 02-12-2018
I know I'm closing soon and really just want to check out.
HappyEverAfter 09:11 AM 02-14-2018
Maybe it’s just me, maybe the kids are being fussier than normal, but I am utterly over it today. First kid got here at 7am and all the others soon after and by 8:15 I was at my breaking point. Had to go i the other room and take a breather for a minute. Used that time to text dcm and let her know that if her child’s behavior didn’t improve in the next two hours, he would need to be picked up. This one kid had every other kid in tears and it took me so long to get everyone, including him calmed down that I literally feel spent and it’s not even lunch time yet. And my husband, who usually comes home from work during lunch to help me and give me a break is out of town this week so I have zero help. Come on 6pm!
Josiegirl 09:21 AM 02-14-2018
Maybe it’s just me, maybe the kids are being fussier than normal, but I am utterly over it today. First kid got here at 7am and all the others soon after and by 8:15 I was at my breaking point. Had to go i the other room and take a breather for a minute. Used that time to text dcm and let her know that if her child’s behavior didn’t improve in the next two hours, he would need to be picked up. This one kid had every other kid in tears and it took me so long to get everyone, including him calmed down that I literally feel spent and it’s not even lunch time yet. And my husband, who usually comes home from work during lunch to help me and give me a break is out of town this week so I have zero help. Come on 6pm!
UGH!!! A dck that gets the whole group going or upset drives me crazy. No child should have that much power. Or the need to have that type of power. Hope the rest of the day gets better for you!! Go have some chocolate...or something for you.
amberrose3dg 09:28 AM 02-14-2018
Same here. Even with an assistant I'm dead. Thank god for nap time. My headache 9 month old that i termed cried all morning. Tried to lay in her crib and she cried for over an hour. I figured i would try and lay her down an hour before everyone else and she still did not settle. She stood in the crib for an hour screaming. She still would not settle. Get her in the car seat to go home and she is out within 10 minutes. Mom will not come get her since tomorrow is her last day i suppose. She has 4 nanny interviews lined up for Friday. I am hoping she hires one of them. Half the kids also did not want to do their crafts and fight over chairs instead.
Is it Friday yet?
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:55 AM 02-14-2018
The 15 month old can open baby gates. All of them. 3 different types of closures. Walk through gates are no fun if you have to rig them closed.
Hunni Bee 11:52 AM 02-14-2018
One of my dcbs (the one who needs a nap most of all) has taken to resting his chin in his hands during naptime and just staring at me. Unblinkingly. His eyes follow me all around the room.

Its super unnerving and pretty annoying. Especially since he's going to be a whiny grouch the rest of the day, and our V-day party is in 40 minutes.
Blackcat31 01:18 PM 02-14-2018
The 15 month old can open baby gates. All of them. 3 different types of closures. Walk through gates are no fun if you have to rig them closed.
Teach them to never cross the boundary line....

I have walk through baby gates and/or half doors in every single door way of the house but I leave them all open all the time...not a single kid will cross the thresh hold until invited to do so....even my youngest (just over a yr old).

Here's a video explaining how to teach them boundaries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGa9BURyIw0&t=21s
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 01:52 PM 02-14-2018

I have walk through baby gates and/or half doors in every single door way of the house but I leave them all open all the time...not a single kid will cross the thresh hold until invited to do so....even my youngest (just over a yr old).

I've actually watched this video before... none of my other kids even try the gates. Even the nine month is starting to understand. This particular kid is giving me a run for my money though... she's sneaky, super sneaky. The moment you are busy with another kid she is gone. If I catch her in the act she will walk away nonchalantly. It's not just with the gates, she's an angel as long as you have eyes on her.
Ac114 04:46 PM 02-14-2018
New here! Came across this forum a days ago and relieved to find that other people fee the same way I do! My hubby hates to hear my complaining about the DCK’s so here goes my vent.

First DCK: will be 3 in March, relatively easy child and part time. Annoyed that the parents want me to potty train her but they are not re enforcing anything that’s been done at my house through out the day. They want her in underwear here, yet she pees all over my carpet and blankets (she’s no longer allowed to sit on my couch) but then wear a diaper at home, at grandmas (the 2 days I don’t have her) and on the weekends. Parents say they are really really busy and on the go a lot. Well it’s not my job to potty train your child. They told me last week “we really need to get this potty training thing down because she’s starting preschool in the fall” uh hello I’m the only one doing anything about it..... also got a text Friday night while the family was a dinner that dck wasn’t feeling well. Get a text Monday that she actually had the flu. She’s feeling better but both parents are sick and wanted to drop her off on Tuesday. Super upset about it. Sorry your sick but keep your germs and nasty flu to your own household.

2 dck: oh I could just go on and on about him. I’ve honestly thought about terming him because he has this awful squel that you can hear from my detached garage from inside the house. No joke. And it’s alllll day long. It’s the same house if he’s happy, sad, mad, ask him not to bring food in the living room, tell him to play nice, look at him, anything. It’s beyond annoying and wakes up both my infants EVERY SINGLE TIME! My 6 month old will sleep through anything except that awful noise that comes from him. Not only that, he doesn’t play well with the other kids. They literally can’t walk by him without him making that noise like they are attacking him....2nd annoyance but related to his parents. He has 3 older brothers that are school agers. She asked me about a month ago if I could do summer care for them so they can all go to the same place. I told her absolutely. Thought it would be nice for my older son to have kids his age to play with and we have a huge backyard for them to play in plus the extra money will be really nice. Well just having pickup convo and trying to just get to know them a little better (very standoffish people) she tells me that her 2nd youngest has autism, and goes to behavioral therapy twice a week for some really bad behaviors they are working on. Like wait! What? You weren’t going to tell me this and just let me figure this out on my own. He needs one on one attention or with someone who is equipped to handle him. Now I have to figure out a way to tell them I can no longer provide care and I feel like the a$&hole. Hubby isn’t happy. He said we take care of infants and we can’t have someone who we don’t know what kind of behaviors he has in our home to maybe accidentally hurt someone. Ughhh.

3rd dck. 9 month old and almost 2 year old. 2 year old absolutely refuses to take a nap. Going on over a month now and every single day she will talk loudly, scream, say my name a thousand times, get off her cot etc. it’s so disruptive to everyone. Wakes up her sister who only sleep for about 45 minutes anyways. Nap time is from 12-2, most of my kids sleeping from 230 to 3. Nope she has everyone up and rowdy by 115. Makes me so mad. So I tried putting her in a pack n play to confine her. She gets out, comes over to me and says tv. So I can’t put her upstairs because I have no idea what she will get into. Then today, doing the same disruptive thing, I said ok, I’m putting you in the pack n play in the kitchen because you are disturbing everyone else and you need to be quiet. Well I put her in my 6 month old daughters because the one other one was taken my her sister. I don’t like putting anyone else in Pnp to try and keep older kid germs away. Well low n behold this girl wipes poop all over it. She was in there for 5 minutes! I text her mom and her mom says yea she does that sometimes, she’s my hard child l. Like wtf. You couldn’t have mention that your child likes to play in her own poop so I could watch for it.

It’s hump day and I can’t wait for Friday!
HappyEverAfter 05:46 PM 02-14-2018

This is the advice you gave me before Christmas when I was worried the little ones would bother my Christmas Tree! It worked like a charm and not one little finger EVER touched my tree, ornaments or gifts!
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
New here! Came across this forum a days ago and relieved to find that other people fee the same way I do!
Welcome to the forum! Stick around, we area friendly bunch with lots of advice and ideas to share!

This is the advice you gave me before Christmas when I was worried the little ones would bother my Christmas Tree! It worked like a charm and not one little finger EVER touched my tree, ornaments or gifts!
Awesome! It's so nice have the security of a safety gate but the comfort and peace of mind knowing that "most" kids know and respect the boundaries and don't have to be gated.
BrynleeJean 12:14 PM 02-15-2018
OOOO I'm ready to vent.

so HOA right?? good..NIGHT!

i wanna reno my garage into my daycare so its not in my house for my families sanity and mine because i only made it two years last time i was open before i burnt out, though i did decide that was the perfect time to have my first child and add hormones into the mix, but still I'm thinking this is best to safeguard my sanity and my husbands and just make life easier.

so the garage thing isn't gonna be a walk in the park anyways. we've got a lot of expenses and I'm not working right now I'm prego with baby #2 and just quit my center daycare job cuz the flu was gross and i wanted to chill before baby with my son so back to business planning and we don't got ALOT of cash. my hubby does pretty well though go hubby happy face
costs are like BARE...MIN...
1.paint the floor that garage paint stuff like $200
2. paint the walls and maybe ceiling idk $150 so its good and washable
3. a SHED for the backyard to get the lawn equipped out of the garage (which is my HOA problem) like $700
4. a window so i could put in a window AC/HEATING unit (HOA ISSUES!!!!) idk how much yet maybe 500ish my brother in law is a contractor so that helps
5. window unit 500

so moneymoneymoney whatever I'm not worried...
what really GRINDS MY GEARS is the HOA! I'm thinking oo I'm nesting i got this energy and stuff i wanna move the stuff to the shed i wanna buy TODAY! NOOO!! it took all morning to put in an HOA request for the shed, finding one i want and the specs and sending in pics and finding a layout pic of my house and sending that in and the website not working good night... and THEN its gonna take up to 30 days to get even a response from these people on a yay or nay can you believe this stuff.. i ended up putting in the request for the window now too and a request for a door to the garage while i was at it because it took so long and it a month I'm definelty going to be ready to move on that stuff.

maybe its me. i don't move slow. when i get an idea I've got to run with it or i panic or it dies. its upsetting i guess I'm just impatient that way but this waiting is already killing me and i just sent in the request like 10 mins ago. 29 more days to go. help.
Blackcat31 12:32 PM 02-15-2018
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean:
OOOO I'm ready to vent.

so HOA right?? good..NIGHT!

i wanna reno my garage into my daycare so its not in my house for my families sanity and mine because i only made it two years last time i was open before i burnt out, though i did decide that was the perfect time to have my first child and add hormones into the mix, but still I'm thinking this is best to safeguard my sanity and my husbands and just make life easier.

so the garage thing isn't gonna be a walk in the park anyways. we've got a lot of expenses and I'm not working right now I'm prego with baby #2 and just quit my center daycare job cuz the flu was gross and i wanted to chill before baby with my son so back to business planning and we don't got ALOT of cash. my hubby does pretty well though go hubby happy face
costs are like BARE...MIN...
1.paint the floor that garage paint stuff like $200
2. paint the walls and maybe ceiling idk $150 so its good and washable
3. a SHED for the backyard to get the lawn equipped out of the garage (which is my HOA problem) like $700
4. a window so i could put in a window AC/HEATING unit (HOA ISSUES!!!!) idk how much yet maybe 500ish my brother in law is a contractor so that helps
5. window unit 500

so moneymoneymoney whatever I'm not worried...
what really GRINDS MY GEARS is the HOA! I'm thinking oo I'm nesting i got this energy and stuff i wanna move the stuff to the shed i wanna buy TODAY! NOOO!! it took all morning to put in an HOA request for the shed, finding one i want and the specs and sending in pics and finding a layout pic of my house and sending that in and the website not working good night... and THEN its gonna take up to 30 days to get even a response from these people on a yay or nay can you believe this stuff.. i ended up putting in the request for the window now too and a request for a door to the garage while i was at it because it took so long and it a month I'm definelty going to be ready to move on that stuff.

maybe its me. i don't move slow. when i get an idea I've got to run with it or i panic or it dies. its upsetting i guess I'm just impatient that way but this waiting is already killing me and i just sent in the request like 10 mins ago. 29 more days to go. help.
Sorry you are dealing with so much but it doesn't surprise me about the HOA... I understand why some choose to live in one but at the same time I don't understand why anyone does.
Homebody 02:18 PM 02-17-2018
Aaargh! A no call no show interviewee today! How can people be so rude. She called yesterday desperate to get her son enrolled, and I told her well we have to do an interview first. I asked the general questions and everything seemed good. Her and her fiance just moved here and both got jobs and needed daycare to start asap. I told her we could interview tomorrow (which is now today), and told her if anything comes up and she needs to reschedule to just let me know (this is the second time I've had a no show without calling). I just keep telling myself that somebody like this wouldn't of been a good fit or reliable anyway, but still would it of hurt just to call and say I can't make it??? Sigh...
Josiegirl 02:37 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Homebody:
Aaargh! A no call no show interviewee today! How can people be so rude. She called yesterday desperate to get her son enrolled, and I told her well we have to do an interview first. I asked the general questions and everything seemed good. Her and her fiance just moved here and both got jobs and needed daycare to start asap. I told her we could interview tomorrow (which is now today), and told her if anything comes up and she needs to reschedule to just let me know (this is the second time I've had a no show without calling). I just keep telling myself that somebody like this wouldn't of been a good fit or reliable anyway, but still would it of hurt just to call and say I can't make it??? Sigh...
I hate it when that happens! Only upside when I have that happen to me is my house is already cleaned for the following week.
Homebody 03:35 PM 02-17-2018
I hate it when that happens! Only upside when I have that happen to me is my house is already cleaned for the following week.
Lol! That's what I was thinking too...at least my cleaning is done and I can rest this Sunday for a change...well, except for all the laundry I still have to do
HappyEverAfter 06:58 PM 02-17-2018
Originally Posted by Homebody:
A no show, no call is a blessing in disguise. When I was opening my daycare last year I’d filled all but one of my spots when I had a woman reach out to me via email and after several exchanged emails, we did a phone interview and scheduled an in person interview. I had a red flag in that she wanted a discount because her son would only be here 4 days a week but I only offer a full time, 5 day rate and turned her down on the discount request. That transpired during emails so I assumed she was ok with the full time rate after all since we continued emails and then had a phone interview that went well. The day before the interview I confirmed via text and she said we were good to go For the next day. Then interview time rolls around and I’m sitting all alone and pretty in my sparkling clean house while my family is out enjoying their afternoon because she was a no call, no show. I was bummed but decided it must be for the best.
Two days later I got a call from another lady who urgently needed care for her daughter who had just been pulled from a daycare where they suspected neglect and abuse. I met with this woman and her husband hours later and they enrolled their daughter with me. The daughter began to thrive in my care within the first month and her parents commented on the improvements they saw in her since changing daycares to be with me. She’s probably one of my dearest dcks now. And had that original no call, no show lady actually showed up and enrolled her son, I wouldn’t have had an opening for this sweet dcg who desperately needed a new daycare environment.
Homebody 07:31 AM 02-18-2018
A no show, no call is a blessing in disguise. When I was opening my daycare last year I’d filled all but one of my spots when I had a woman reach out to me via email and after several exchanged emails, we did a phone interview and scheduled an in person interview. I had a red flag in that she wanted a discount because her son would only be here 4 days a week but I only offer a full time, 5 day rate and turned her down on the discount request. That transpired during emails so I assumed she was ok with the full time rate after all since we continued emails and then had a phone interview that went well. The day before the interview I confirmed via text and she said we were good to go For the next day. Then interview time rolls around and I’m sitting all alone and pretty in my sparkling clean house while my family is out enjoying their afternoon because she was a no call, no show. I was bummed but decided it must be for the best.
Two days later I got a call from another lady who urgently needed care for her daughter who had just been pulled from a daycare where they suspected neglect and abuse. I met with this woman and her husband hours later and they enrolled their daughter with me. The daughter began to thrive in my care within the first month and her parents commented on the improvements they saw in her since changing daycares to be with me. She’s probably one of my dearest dcks now. And had that original no call, no show lady actually showed up and enrolled her son, I wouldn’t have had an opening for this sweet dcg who desperately needed a new daycare environment.
That's awesome! I'm glad things worked out for you with the other family. That's how I'm trying to stay positive, by thinking that a better and more deserving family will come along. I at least have an infant, who will be 6 weeks old, starting in two weeks. I'm getting excited about that.
Tigerlilly 08:24 PM 02-18-2018
I opened up on Monday and have two clients already. Awesome! I'm a small in home daycare so have two clients in less than a week after opening seems good. Already one of my clients has forgot to pay twice. Forgot to bring money on the first day and actually pushed it to the point on the second day to where I just had to ask her for full payment before she left. She was literally going to leave without paying me

Then on Friday "payment is due on Fridays for the following week" she forgets and rushes off. She is full time, 4 to 5 days a week. She tells me tonight she is not coming tomorrow and won't pay for it. Even en though my contract states you pay for your days even if you choose not to show up. I feel like her 18 month old child is more mature and responsible than she is...
HappyEverAfter 09:58 PM 02-18-2018
Originally Posted by Tigerlilly:
I opened up on Monday and have two clients already. Awesome! I'm a small in home daycare so have two clients in less than a week after opening seems good. Already one of my clients has forgot to pay twice. Forgot to bring money on the first day and actually pushed it to the point on the second day to where I just had to ask her for full payment before she left. She was literally going to leave without paying me

Then on Friday "payment is due on Fridays for the following week" she forgets and rushes off. She is full time, 4 to 5 days a week. She tells me tonight she is not coming tomorrow and won't pay for it. Even en though my contract states you pay for your days even if you choose not to show up. I feel like her 18 month old child is more mature and responsible than she is...
Congrats on opening and already having two kids! As for your dcm, do not let her daughter stay for care if the payment, including any and all late fees are paid in full. Ever. She sounds like she will be trouble and you could nip it in the bud now and hopefully she’ll get on board with following the rules or if you dont stand your ground and you let her tell you what she’s going to do she will cause you all sorts of problems in the long run. She may be trying to take advantage of you since you’re new.
amberrose3dg 05:01 AM 02-19-2018

Take care of it now or you will have nothing but problems. She signed your contract knowing she has to pay. I would let her know she needs to pay or leave. Trust me I have been very nice and understanding and it has gotten me nothing but problems later on. I am 100% business. Pay me or leave with your kid with you.
Miss A 06:55 AM 02-19-2018
2 year old with only a handful of words, and a mom who encourages the baby talk. Ugh. The 16 month old and 18 month old are both talking more than the 2 year old, the 16 month old using 3 word phrases. I get that every child develops in their own time, but when the doctor is telling mom not to worry about speech until child is between 3 and 4, it is so frustrating!
Leigh 08:13 AM 02-19-2018

How did you respond? I suggest letting her know that her contract states that she WILL pay for it, and that if she doesn't have FULL payment in hand at drop off, you won't be accepting her child.
Ac114 08:13 AM 02-19-2018
2 year old with only a handful of words, and a mom who encourages the baby talk. Ugh. The 16 month old and 18 month old are both talking more than the 2 year old, the 16 month old using 3 word phrases. I get that every child develops in their own time, but when the doctor is telling mom not to worry about speech until child is between 3 and 4, it is so frustrating!
My second child didn’t really start talking until he was 3.5 and my oldest was speaking in complete sentences by 18 months. Every child is different. Doctor wasn’t concerned in our case either. Just communicate the best you can and encourage using words the best you can.
Unregistered 08:39 AM 02-19-2018
I am livid right now! DCM is off work today but says she'll bring DCB at 10 so she can go to the gym and stuff. No problem. I get one of my others down for a nap and decide to bake cookies with the toddkerbat 9 before high maintenance DCB arrives at 10. We are 10 min into cookie making when DCM arrives 50 min earlier than she said she wouldwith a screaming DCB in tow. Abandon cookies and attempt to calm DCB as his fussing then wakes up the other infant I had just put down for a nap. On her way out the door DCM says DCB had been pulling his ear that morning so she'd given him Motrin before bringing him. He's getting over an ear infection so I didn't think much about it. After I couldn't get him to stop screaming I decided to check his temp and it's freaking 99.5 an hour after taking Motrin. DCM knows darn good and well I exclude for temps of 100 or higher and I know she freaking did a dope and drop so she could enjoy her day off! I am pissed so I text and tell her I suspect it was over 100 prior to Motrin and that if I see it rise at all he will need to be picked up asap. This kid is on the verge of being termed anyway (which she knows!) and she's gonna pull this crap??? Livid doesn't even begin to describe my mood at the moment. Screaming, clearly I'll child. Crying infant who cannot seem to go back down for annap and a toddler who is crying because I now can't finish baking cookies with her. Y'all better pray for me to hold my tongue and be professional when DCM picks up because I'm liable to say some harsh things based on how I feel now.
amberrose3dg 08:55 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am livid right now! DCM is off work today but says she'll bring DCB at 10 so she can go to the gym and stuff. No problem. I get one of my others down for a nap and decide to bake cookies with the toddkerbat 9 before high maintenance DCB arrives at 10. We are 10 min into cookie making when DCM arrives 50 min earlier than she said she wouldwith a screaming DCB in tow. Abandon cookies and attempt to calm DCB as his fussing then wakes up the other infant I had just put down for a nap. On her way out the door DCM says DCB had been pulling his ear that morning so she'd given him Motrin before bringing him. He's getting over an ear infection so I didn't think much about it. After I couldn't get him to stop screaming I decided to check his temp and it's freaking 99.5 an hour after taking Motrin. DCM knows darn good and well I exclude for temps of 100 or higher and I know she freaking did a dope and drop so she could enjoy her day off! I am pissed so I text and tell her I suspect it was over 100 prior to Motrin and that if I see it rise at all he will need to be picked up asap. This kid is on the verge of being termed anyway (which she knows!) and she's gonna pull this crap??? Livid doesn't even begin to describe my mood at the moment. Screaming, clearly I'll child. Crying infant who cannot seem to go back down for annap and a toddler who is crying because I now can't finish baking cookies with her. Y'all better pray for me to hold my tongue and be professional when DCM picks up because I'm liable to say some harsh things based on how I feel now.
Ugh she is gonna get termed over a day she doesn't even have to work. I swear people sometimes.
Blackcat31 09:20 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dumb move on DCM's part...

I exclude kids for a FULL 24 hours after they are fever free (without any OTC meds) but I exclude kids for a FULL 48 hours after they are fever free (without any OTC meds) so this DCK would now be excluded for 48 hours verse the standard 24 hours because the parent choose to make the wring choice.

The 24/48 hour rule puts the onus back onto the parent to make the right choice.
amberrose3dg 10:59 AM 02-19-2018
Dumb move on DCM's part...

I exclude kids for a FULL 24 hours after they are fever free (without any OTC meds) but I exclude kids for a FULL 48 hours after they are fever free (without any OTC meds) so this DCK would now be excluded for 48 hours verse the standard 24 hours because the parent choose to make the wring choice.

The 24/48 hour rule puts the onus back onto the parent to make the right choice.
There you go. She now has two days of no daycare that she has to work.
Jupadia 05:54 AM 02-20-2018
So my kids school sent his report card home on thursday. Friday was a pa day with no school. On Sunday we had his birthday party. One of the parents starts speaking about their parent teacher interview on Friday with the kids teacher (same teacher). I'm standing there going what interviews. I received no communication about the interviews and just got his report. Had to call school this morning now waiting to here why I never got any info on it when the teacher has a chance to call. Also why we just got his report when other kids apparently got it the week before. Part of me feels like a bad mom now, but it's also his first year and no where on the calender they sent home for the month says any thing about reports.
amberrose3dg 06:13 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
So my kids school sent his report card home on thursday. Friday was a pa day with no school. On Sunday we had his birthday party. One of the parents starts speaking about their parent teacher interview on Friday with the kids teacher (same teacher). I'm standing there going what interviews. I received no communication about the interviews and just got his report. Had to call school this morning now waiting to here why I never got any info on it when the teacher has a chance to call. Also why we just got his report when other kids apparently got it the week before. Part of me feels like a bad mom now, but it's also his first year and no where on the calender they sent home for the month says any thing about reports.
My vent are part time families that think they can change days because their scheduled day was a holiday. Nope nope and nope.
Blackcat31 06:44 AM 02-20-2018
My vent are part time families that think they can change days because their scheduled day was a holiday. Nope nope and nope.
My response is always; "While normal attendance days cannot be swapped out for another, you are always welcome to ADD another day if you need it due to the holiday."

Said that way and "most" get it.
Ac114 07:30 AM 02-20-2018
My response is always; "While normal attendance days cannot be swapped out for another, you are always welcome to ADD another day if you need it due to the holiday."

Said that way and "most" get it.
I NEED TO START DOING THIS! same family thinks they can swap their Monday for Friday because dad wants to keep them an extra day. I’ve let it slide twice and now they are asking again. Ugh! I’m just starting this business up and didn’t realize things like this needed to spelled out in my policies.
amberrose3dg 08:41 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I NEED TO START DOING THIS! same family thinks they can swap their Monday for Friday because dad wants to keep them an extra day. I’ve let it slide twice and now they are asking again. Ugh! I’m just starting this business up and didn’t realize things like this needed to spelled out in my policies.
I told her i don't have room on Tuesday's. I honestly do not want to have him any extra days. She will also not likely want to pay for that day and will argue. It is just easier to simply say no in her case.
Blackcat31 09:14 AM 02-20-2018
I told her i don't have room on Tuesday's. I honestly do not want to have him any extra days. She will also not likely want to pay for that day and will argue. It is just easier to simply say no in her case.
Makes perfect sense...I've had kids like that before

To make scheduling easier in the past I've I offered parents that use 3 days a week two options:

OPTION #1 Pay $100 per week for 3 SET days REGARDLESS of closures or holidays. No swapping days or adding days.

OR

OPTION #2 Pay $130 for 3 DIFFERENT days of the week. (BUT those days must be scheduled a minimum of 2 full weeks in advance.)

Parents don't change back and forth between option #1 and option #2. They choose ONE option and that's that.
amberrose3dg 09:19 AM 02-20-2018
Makes perfect sense...I've had kids like that before

To make scheduling easier in the past I've I offered parents that use 3 days a week two options:

OPTION #1 Pay $100 per week for 3 SET days REGARDLESS of closures or holidays. No swapping days or adding days.

OR

OPTION #2 Pay $130 for 3 DIFFERENT days of the week. (BUT those days must be scheduled a minimum of 2 full weeks in advance.)

Parents don't change back and forth between option #1 and option #2. They choose ONE option and that's that.
He always comes Monday Wednesday and Thursday.
Apparently it is my issue she is behind at work. Those are his days and I'm not switching. She could of brought him yesterday, I was open.
storybookending 10:14 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
Is it possible these conferences are only by request? My district the first quarter all kids have conferences but the second quarter only the parents of children who struggle/have behavioral problems are invited to attend.
Jupadia 10:35 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Is it possible these conferences are only by request? My district the first quarter all kids have conferences but the second quarter only the parents of children who struggle/have behavioral problems are invited to attend.
It may be, I'm still waiting for his teacher to phone. But I don't think so cause one of my parents had thenlm at her kids school to on Friday. But I'm going to remain calm and find out what happened. I'm sure there is one day this week or next I can go in and talk since I do have a few questions regarding his report. Luckily my mother in law is my sub and should be able to come in to cover if pop over to the school.
I know they have missed seeing his communication folder in his bag before cause it's black and the inside of his bag is black (but they provided the folder) if I have to buy a different one I will.
The mom part of me is just feeling guilt cause I did not know of the interviews.
Tigerlilly 10:47 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
How did you respond? I suggest letting her know that her contract states that she WILL pay for it, and that if she doesn't have FULL payment in hand at drop off, you won't be accepting her child.
Actually I told the babies father about the situation. He paid. He signed the contract as well so I really don't care who pays. If it happens again this Friday I am letting them go. Sucks because the kid is the best behaved child.
redmaple 11:09 AM 02-22-2018
Child washing hands during playtime, may need a reminder to do so & a reminder it should take more than 2 seconds. Same child at nap, never forgets and after 3 minutes of soaping up seems perplexed when I whisper "enough already."
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52  ... Last
Reply Up