Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Guys Were Right!
cillybean83 05:16 PM 12-19-2010
Everyone who posted on my previous thread saying that the whacko who quit a couple weeks ago would retaliate, you were right!

I had posted an ad on craigslist advertising to fill the position, and the former daycare mom posted an ad that said not to call me, that I watched her kid and that her kid never got her diaper changed, never got fed, and was given milk when she's lactose intolerant...a ton of bull crap lies! This mother only gave her child JUICE since she was 6 months old because she thought formula was too expensive, so I had to talk to her about how much harm she was doing to her daughter by not giving her what her body needed, so she finally started buying a can of formula here and there, other than that I let her daughter use my sons formula, and once her daughter turned 1 she would drink whole milk with no issues at all.

Come on, as nuts as this mom is, you know she would have *freaked out* if her daughter never ate, didn't get her diapers changed, was given milk that she was supposedly allergic too...and on top of that, if you are saying I did all those things, what kind of a mother does that make you look like! You only quit because i wanted to get paid, not because of anything else you mentioned??

GAAAAH I just want to be DONE with this girl, note to self, SAY NO to young immature mothers in the future!
SilverSabre25 05:25 PM 12-19-2010
omg! That's awful! I hope you flagged that post immediately! If it's still there tell me what CL it is and I'll come flag it too! The next time you post, I would also make sure to change up your ad and take out any identifying characteristics that will let her know that it's you, or she'll just do it again.

I wouldn't immediately write off ALL young mothers--but I know how you feel right now. What in the world does she think she's going to gain by slandering (or is it libeling? I can never keep those straight) you and interfering with your business on CL? You know, I might also take a screenshot of the post she made and keep it with your records to show the court if need be. She's committing a crime (though I'm not sure it would be prove-able?) by posting those lies. I doubt you can prove it's her, though, or that what she's saying is a lie...but I would still keep the screenshot. CL might be able to prove it by being able to get the IP address from her account.
Abigail 07:26 PM 12-19-2010
Exactly what SilverSabre said, hit the "PRT SC" button that is usually on the top right-hand side of your keyboard and then open a paint or word document and hit CTRL and the letter V (Control + V) which is the shortcut to paste. Save it and print it. You can also zoom in to the image before you save it so it's easier to see, and also make it larger as if it's just an image.

Let us know which area it is for CL and we can flag it too so it is gone by tomorrow. OUCH, really tough.
gbcc 06:04 AM 12-20-2010
This actually happened to a friend of mine. My friend called the police and the police contacted the parent and said that the post needed to be deleted immediately and not reposted in any form or they daycare provider had the right to file harrassment charges.

Good luck!
TGT09 06:57 AM 12-20-2010
How awful! I'm appalled for you!!!
MarinaVanessa 10:05 AM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by gbcc:
This actually happened to a friend of mine. My friend called the police and the police contacted the parent and said that the post needed to be deleted immediately and not reposted in any form or they daycare provider had the right to file harrassment charges.

Good luck!
This is exactly what I would do. If it were me it happened to I would write up a letter and reference to what really happened and ask to take the craigslist ad down and that I will be contacting law inforcement. I would also mention something about how if she didn't stop with the slander that I would be forced to take her to court.

That's just awful. I hope you kept a log of everything that happened.
Tags:bad parent, mental illness, retaliation
Reply Up