Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Returned Check Thread
Unregistered 06:35 PM 10-18-2010
anyone know where the thread went about the provider who had checks get returned over and over? Im having the same problem-but Dad insists the money is there-they are family-and he brings me the money the same day if it does get returned NSF, so I know they have it. The problem is his bank shows nothing about it being sent on their end-my bank says NSF. He is embarassed and apologizes constantly-it is just ridiculous this cant be resolved theough the banks! I wanted to read the earlier thread to see what happened in their similiar situation.
kendallina 11:33 AM 10-19-2010
Not sure where the other thread is but if I were you, he needs to pay cash until he gets the problem resolved with his bank. If he does have the money, then that shouldn't be a problem. It is not your responsibility to deal with it honestly.
kendallina 11:34 AM 10-19-2010
Is it any of these threads:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/search...earchid=309855
Lilbutterflie 11:40 AM 10-19-2010
In my contract it states after one returned check, the rest of the payments need to be made in cash. This situation sounds like the problem is the bank (yours or his); so I would ask for payments in cash until the problem is solved.

My first thought is: is the check referencing the wrong account? Are they new checks that were just issued? Is this only happening with the checks he is writing to you or has it happened with his other checks as well?
safechner 11:40 AM 10-19-2010
The best thing to do is making him to pay you cash only. I know it is a pain in the butt but I think it would be resolved to pay you the cash...
momma2girls 11:54 AM 10-19-2010
Mine is stated the same way in my contract-after one check doesn't clear- nonsufficient funds- it is cash only from then on!!!
BentleysBands 01:44 PM 10-19-2010
i have a cash only rule, NO exceptions...just for this reason. i also require payments ON mondays at drop off to prevent no payment..no pay no play is my rule if for some reason their payment needs to be adjusted for whatever reason, it will happen on the following week

ie: i do not charge for days not in care...say they pay for the week and child misses a day, i will adjust the following weeks pay to 4 days
Michael 05:59 PM 10-19-2010
We have several "Bounced Check" threads here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=bounced+check
Tags:bounced check
Reply Up