Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Play Care 07:01 AM 08-14-2013
My DCG must have gotten into her Dad's cologne bottle. Her bag, jacket, and lovey smelled terrible - I had to wash the bag and all the contents (spare clothing, bathing suit, etc.) because I couldn't take it.
CedarCreek 07:44 AM 08-16-2013
Cut off for drop off here is 9am.

9:06 and the two brothers are knocking on my door.

I answered and told dcd this was his only warning, I will not accept them next time. He says he lost his keys. I'm sure he did...
Lefse&Kids 08:09 AM 08-16-2013
I finally termed a dkf I couldn't stand any longer. The dcb is 5, not potty trained AT ALL, doesn't know how to drink from a cup (dcm says she only uses sippy cups at home), smells horribly like urine everyday, and constantly breaks all the dc toys (dcm says she "gave up" and just lets him throw whatever toy he wants to at home) URRRG!

I blame the parents soley, the boy listens well to me when mom is not around.

Mom says he has undiagnosed adhd (although, bases on what I've experienced, I'd say he probably has a touch of autism).

The mom (who constantly brings up that she lost over 50 lbs already), CHECKS HERSELF OUT in ANY reflective surface in my home! I mean any surface (my fridge, microwave door, window, mirror, ANYTHING....It is very obvious, she does a head tilt, a "rump" check, a hair flip, and a shirt "fix". It is soooooooo annoying (but me and my husband get a good laugh everyday after they leave) And pleeeease don't get me started on her self involved drama that I hear about (the same thing) every day.

But the reason i'm terming is that she refuses to live in reality that her son may have some medical background to his lack of potty training, or that she hasn't done enough at home. Either way, she says "he's just stubborn like me" or "he's just going through one of his cute phases".

I'm tired of changing a 5 year olds messes and replacing dc toys because he wants to break them....I just won't do it anymore. GOOD LUCK TO HER and finding a preschool that allows any child not to be potty trained and destroy property.......9 DAYS LEFT. YES!!!!!
Sunshine74 08:43 PM 08-16-2013
Thursday the batteries in the carbon monoxide alarm in our room got too low, so it started beeping (you know, that loud, high pitched beep that means the batteries are dying).... in the middle of nap! We went down for nap late because of our picnic in the park, and it woke up our four loudest dck's. Which meant everyone was up early. Ugh, it was a rough afternoon.
Lil'DinoEggs 10:04 PM 08-18-2013
Ug, stinks when I have plans to do stuff at quiet time but everyone is awake. Oh well!
MsLaura529 11:07 AM 08-19-2013
I used to have a nice 2 solid hours of pure quiet during nap time ... Now I have a new DCK who thinks this is time to scream and whine (no crying, just ear piercing screaming and whining for Mommy and Daddy) for over half of nap time. I am constantly getting up and down and reminding him it is nap time and time to be quiet and mommy and daddy will be here after nap. I feel like I don't get that much needed break anymore ... didn't even get to finish my lunch today before it all began.
blandino 10:56 PM 08-19-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I used to have a nice 2 solid hours of pure quiet during nap time ... Now I have a new DCK who thinks this is time to scream and whine (no crying, just ear piercing screaming and whining for Mommy and Daddy) for over half of nap time. I am constantly getting up and down and reminding him it is nap time and time to be quiet and mommy and daddy will be here after nap. I feel like I don't get that much needed break anymore ... didn't even get to finish my lunch today before it all began.
I used to have the same. But now we have new infants, so no one is ever napping ALL at the same time. I miss having everyone down at once.
MotherNature 05:35 AM 08-20-2013
I only have one kid on Tuesdays- the 4 month old dcg who gets here at 7:20 or so. At 7:40, no sign of her & dad has only been a few minutes late once. Right as I'm about to text him, he texts me saying he's running late. It's 8:30, & they're still not here. My 2.5 yr old & I could've slept in. :/ I know you can't predict that, but it would've been nice.
Play Care 05:02 AM 08-21-2013
We were supposed to have a company coming this week to add some drainage to our yard (not in the day care area) and so far we haven't heard from them. I was looking forward to it because I knew the dck would have loved to watch. But aside from that - we really need more drainage!!
Magic 10:30 AM 08-21-2013
parents that use the contract as fire starter
changing guidlines of contract
payment, times, late . early ...no show no call
no respect this is a bussiness
no respect that I have life after children
bascialy telling me how I am running my day care and being suprised when I remind them of what the contract that they signed says
Meyou 05:00 AM 08-22-2013
It is not ok to bribe your 6 year old with a treat at the door the day after you received a final written warning about said child's behavior. This is NOT good parenting especially since I KNOW the other parent grounded the child indefinitely yesterday afternoon. And you wonder WHY your child is acting the way they are. Grrrrrrrrrrr.............
Play Care 05:31 AM 08-22-2013
I recently received a grant through CSEA. While I am grateful for this, I am annoyed that items placed in the shopping cart do NOT save. I don't like to order things willy nilly and it bothers me that I can't cart the item to actually think about it and how/if it would be used. Not the end of the world, but annoying all the same
Familycare71 05:42 AM 08-22-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I recently received a grant through CSEA. While I am grateful for this, I am annoyed that items placed in the shopping cart do NOT save. I don't like to order things willy nilly and it bothers me that I can't cart the item to actually think about it and how/if it would be used. Not the end of the world, but annoying all the same
Mine has been saving but only shows when I add something to the cart!! I shop the same way you do . I try to spend it as wisely as I can
CedarCreek 10:22 AM 08-22-2013
2 year old dcb is nowhere near potty trained but today came in underwear.

Wanna know how I found out? He pooped and peed on himself and then tracked out through my house.

Moms excuse was that she did put a diaper on him, he must have taken it off before she left.

Seriously?
JoseyJo 11:08 AM 08-22-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
2 year old dcb is nowhere near potty trained but today came in underwear.

Wanna know how I found out? He pooped and peed on himself and then tracked out through my house.

Moms excuse was that she did put a diaper on him, he must have taken it off before she left.

Seriously?
So a 2 year old took off the diaper and put on underwear all w/o mom seeing it?? Riiiight....
CedarCreek 11:46 AM 08-22-2013
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
So a 2 year old took off the diaper and put on underwear all w/o mom seeing it?? Riiiight....
EXACTLY!! GRRRRR
daycarediva 05:01 PM 08-22-2013
The same thing happened to me and I had to do it all over again.

Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
smart kid! LOL!!!
ABCDaycareMN 05:19 AM 08-23-2013
Went to mcd's last night after my sons flag football practice and let the kids play for a little bit after we ate. This random little girl (6?)came up to me and said "she needs socks to play" referring to my daughter. I said "shes ok" thinking why do you even care. And she continues to repeat "but she needs socks!" Finally I get super annoyed and say "don't worry about it" and she left.

I was harsh but to be schooled by a random child just bugs me! Yes the rules say socks but they also say you can't be taller than 4'... They don't care... There is no play police...

Another time at a park a couple weeks back...

I was sitting in the handicap swing and this girl (10) comes up to me after just getting there and asks to use that swing. Being dumbfounded that a kid would even ask such a thing I responded with "when I'm done" she just looked at me like "you just said that to me"

My husband said he would have moved; i would have for a handicap child... I am just so tired with all of the kids thinking they get everything they want.

Learn respect. Oh wait, many parents don't teach respect anymore!
CedarCreek 06:12 AM 08-23-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Worry but it sounds like you are the one that needs to learn respect.Follow the rules and you won't have to be " schooled " by a six year old.
I have no idea why you would even as an adult be sitting in a swing designed for special needs children and then to have an attitude when a child asked to use it.
You sound bitter and like you have an attitude problem.Just mu opinion!
This is a venting thread. She's venting.

I don't believe this is a "just my opinion" thread.

I highly doubt she was mean to these children or their parents would have had something to say about it.

I let my kids play in the play place without socks too. If I were approached by that girl I would have told her to worry about herself.
Unregistered 06:20 AM 08-23-2013
Oh I heard her vant and it sounded like a spolied,self entitled brat.No different if it was a kid.Acting like the rules don't apply to her and having attitude when a child,A CHILD asked to use a swing.Ridiculous!
CedarCreek 06:24 AM 08-23-2013
Oh I heard her vant and it sounded like a spolied,self entitled brat.No different if it was a kid.Acting like the rules don't apply to her and having attitude when a child,A CHILD asked to use a swing.Ridiculous!
I'm curious. How exactly does this affect you?
Unregistered 06:27 AM 08-23-2013
The same way it affects you.Take your own advice-worry about yourself.I can voice my opinion the same way you can.See how that works!
CedarCreek 06:29 AM 08-23-2013
The same way it affects you.Take your own advice-worry about yourself.I can voice my opinion the same way you can.See how that works!
Aw, you're a real sweetheart there aren't ya?

By the way, you didn't answer the question.
Unregistered 06:32 AM 08-23-2013
I'm pretty sure I don't have to answer your question.I'll voice my opinion if I feel like it just like you do.I'm done discussing this with you.See you later!
ABCDaycareMN 06:40 AM 08-23-2013
Sorry I posted... Didn't mean to offend anyone!

But for a child wait her turn... Now that's just crazy talk!
Rockgirl 07:43 AM 08-23-2013
Kids don't potty at home in the mornings before leaving the house, then soon after arriving are desperate to get to the restroom, and some are having accidents! I've told parents, sent home notes, written on the white board to have kids potty in the morning. Some don't even go when they get out of bed! The parents say, "I asked him when he got up....he said he didn't need to." Really? He's 3....don't ask him. Tell him!
Blackcat31 07:50 AM 08-23-2013
I'm pretty sure I don't have to answer your question.I'll voice my opinion if I feel like it just like you do.I'm done discussing this with you.See you later!
Your opinion would be more valued if you'd log in while posting.

Otherwise, you are accomplishing nothing other than to cause unnecessary strife among forum members.

People tend to be a bit more "unfriendly" shall we say, when hiding behind the
unregistered" title.

Although our user names aren't who we are IRL, it at least lends a bit of credibility to your words.
Crystal 07:52 AM 08-23-2013
bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! "Unregistered" is funny.
mom2many 08:10 AM 08-23-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! "Unregistered" is funny.
I know...controversy in the venting thread now too What's that all about. It's just a vent for peet's sake...geez
Michelle 03:27 PM 08-23-2013
Going along with "unregistered".....attitude
I was just going to ask a very serious question..

Do men have "cycles" ????

I seriously think they do and my hubby is going to end up on the side of a milk carton if he doesn't cheer up today!
grrrrrrrr

Crystal 04:05 PM 08-23-2013
Originally Posted by Michelle:

I seriously think they do and my hubby is going to end up on the side of a milk carton if he doesn't cheer up today!
grrrrrrrr

Yes, yes they do. I'd bet my life on it.
Lyss 10:11 PM 08-23-2013

grrrrrrrr

Irritable male syndrome!!!

DH is currently on his cycle too, he may be swapping beds with the dog tonight
Familycare71 10:18 PM 08-23-2013

grrrrrrrr

I believe they do!!! My husband and his friend are even on the same cycle! . one of my nurse friends told me it is SRS: Semen Retention Syndrome!
Play Care 03:56 PM 08-26-2013
Miley Cyrus has not been Hannah Montana for years and has clearly been making efforts all along to "adult" her career. Perhaps she went over board last night but I find the shock over it annoying.
Leigh 09:21 AM 08-27-2013

grrrrrrrr

Umm, wouldn't someone have to MISS him enough to report him missing for him to end up there?
Blackcat31 10:29 AM 08-27-2013
Miley Cyrus has not been Hannah Montana for years and has clearly been making efforts all along to "adult" her career. Perhaps she went over board last night but I find the shock over it annoying.
....especially because I am pretty sure that is EXACTLY what she (Miley Cyrus) wants...

Glad my DD is older..... I would NEVER allow my child to buy her music, support her or be a fan in ANY WAY.

I raised my DD to have self-respect NOT act like a spoiled child- p o r n star

There are NOT enough "roll-y eyes" emoticons to state how I really feel about her....
CedarCreek 10:42 AM 08-27-2013
For serious.
Attached: Rottenecards_62179224_6tsrpx2shz.jpg (19.4 KB) 
Play Care 11:07 AM 08-27-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
....especially because I am pretty sure that is EXACTLY what she (Miley Cyrus) wants...

Glad my DD is older..... I would NEVER allow my child to buy her music, support her or be a fan in ANY WAY.

There are NOT enough "roll-y eyes" emoticons to state how I really feel about her....
Oh, she's laughing all the way to the bank!

I thought the show was inappropriate, but I wasn't at all surprised or shocked. She's been behaving this was for at least two years now.

On a side note, I think her tongue is freakishly long and wish she would stop sticking it out. Act like a lady, not a lizard.
melilley 11:11 AM 08-27-2013

grrrrrrrr

I have been joking for years that they do! I like the IMS or the SRS!
Lyss 08:35 AM 08-29-2013
I didn't want to hear about it over and over for the last couple of days but it was on news channel after news channel. Its not like Syria, 50th anniversary of MLK, or the Yosemite fire are anything newsworthy but Hannah Montana acting like a... yeah that's most important

DH and I already said DD will not be allowed to buy music/movies from stars like this in the future, not something that I wasn't my DD idolizing or supporting in anyway.
Blackcat31 08:40 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I didn't want to hear about it over and over for the last couple of days but it was on news channel after news channel. Its not like Syria, 50th anniversary of MLK, or the Yosemite fire are anything newsworthy but Hannah Montana acting like a... yeah that's most important

DH and I already said DD will not be allowed to buy music/movies from stars like this in the future, not something that I wasn't my DD idolizing or supporting in anyway.
I just pray that she looks back some day and goes "WTH was I thinking?????"

I'm thinking that now.

Sadly America is no longer known for it's freedoms and privileges but known for it's outlandish self-absorbed attention seeking people.....

Great!!!!

I can see it now.....History class in 2020.....important historic figures:

Miley Cyrus
Snooki
Kimye
Lady GaGa
Linsay Lohan
Honey Boo

Lyss 08:57 AM 08-29-2013
I closed today for the first time ever due to illness. My DD spiked a fever of 104.2 last night at 5pm and even with Tylenol, a cold bath, popsicles, and ice water we couldn't get it to drop below 101.

We ended up in the ER at 9pm when she started being unable to keep anything down. Got home at 1am and I finally got her to sleep at 4am. It was a long long night and then we both got woke up at 645am by neighbor's car alarm going off, not once but twice! Ugh...

on the bright side all my parents we're great about it and all 4 of the DCKs I had scheduled for Friday decided to just keep them home Friday too so with Monday's holiday I have five days off to help DD recoup!
Lyss 09:16 AM 08-29-2013
I just pray that she looks back some day and goes "WTH was I thinking?????"

I'm thinking that now.

Sadly America is no longer known for it's freedoms and privileges but known for it's outlandish self-absorbed attention seeking people.....

Great!!!!

I can see it now.....History class in 2020.....important historic figures:

Miley Cyrus
Snooki
Kimye
Lady GaGa
Linsay Lohan
Honey Boo

ugh... its totally going to be like that!

What great role models
daycarediva 09:59 AM 08-29-2013
I actually think Snooki turned herself around. Too bad her past is sooooo publicized she can never live it down, kwim?

My dd, at 14, has so far chosen pretty good role models. She likes Jennifer Lawrence, Selena Gomez, and her favorite is Emma Watson. She gives me hope for the next generation of women.

My vent today is myself, Aunt Flo's in town and she isn't being nice. I can't wait for a glass of wine and a heating pad.
Michelle 10:08 AM 08-29-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I have been joking for years that they do! I like the IMS or the SRS!
just saw this!

Play Care 10:08 AM 08-29-2013
See, I don't think Miley Cyrus cares if parents don't like her brand or will buy it for their kids. She's banking on the 18-24 demographic. This is how she thinks she needs to show them she's a grown up

I liked some of the Hannah Montana songs and am bummed she felt this was the way she needed to go. I won't be buying her things for my own kids either, but that's been a given for a while now.
My3cents 10:30 AM 09-05-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Yes, yes they do. I'd bet my life on it.

My3cents 10:34 AM 09-05-2013
I agree ..... sad thing is she was a good role model for kids at one point now........not so much- I didn't see it, but heard and I guess the old adage goes, better to have negative attention then none at all???
My3cents 10:36 AM 09-05-2013

sad because she could have had it all. I don't think many like her much now and rightfully so, ick just ick
My3cents 10:41 AM 09-05-2013
See, I don't think Miley Cyrus cares if parents don't like her brand or will buy it for their kids. She's banking on the 18-24 demographic. This is how she thinks she needs to show them she's a grown up

I liked some of the Hannah Montana songs and am bummed she felt this was the way she needed to go. I won't be buying her things for my own kids either, but that's been a given for a while now.
she should have gone the Carrie Underwood route. I would think her behavior and image are having an effect on not only her but her father too. I just think ick- Money does things to people and not always for the good.
SilverSabre25 06:57 AM 09-10-2013
Ugh... "The Talk" with a 4.5 year old. Regarding his penis and when and where it is appropriate to touch it. Fortunately it was just through the outside of his pants and no one else was around, but I just feel so squicky every time I have to have this talk with a boy who isn't mine.
sharlan 12:48 PM 09-10-2013
My 22 mo has forgotten how to feed herself. She's been using a spoon for several months now, so I know she can do it. For various reasons, she's only been here 3 days a week for the past 3 weeks, having 4 day weekends with Mom. She will eat if I hold her hand and place the spoon in her mouth, but will NOT touch the spoon on her own. She just sits there and looks at her plate without touching anything.
sharlan 12:51 PM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Ugh... "The Talk" with a 4.5 year old. Regarding his penis and when and where it is appropriate to touch it. Fortunately it was just through the outside of his pants and no one else was around, but I just feel so squicky every time I have to have this talk with a boy who isn't mine.
Mine isn't touching, but just learned the word penis. He's 6 and even though he was taught the word, he's always said "peeper" so now he thinks penis is a funny word.
Play Care 08:02 AM 09-11-2013
One of my clients vehicles leaked, or more accurately, poured oil all over my driveway this morning. The driveway we ride bikes on, write with sidewalk chalk on, take walks on, etc. I quickly got some baby powder to put down over it to hopefully soak it up, but there are puddles of oil in spots.
We *just* had the driveway sealed and finished paving it last month. What a kick in the butt.
Jack Sprat 12:02 PM 09-11-2013
A new family came and interviewed w me. Loved it here and said as soon as mom gets a job they will be coming. Well, mom got a job and I got a message on FB that they went with a different daycare because it was cheaper. I get it, I don't like but, I get it. But, I want my handbook and papers back! That stuff isn't cheap.

Another family sounded all good to go. Took handbook and enrollment papers. Then sent me a message saying their old provider decided to stay open. ANd she would call me in a year when kid started pre-school. And to top it off she would feel better after I had some home daycare experience. Because having your teaching degree and teaching for 4 yrs, working as a para 2yrs and being a nanny 8 and a mother isn't enough experience.
Blackcat31 01:04 PM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by Lil Monkey:
A new family came and interviewed w me. Loved it here and said as soon as mom gets a job they will be coming. Well, mom got a job and I got a message on FB that they went with a different daycare because it was cheaper. I get it, I don't like but, I get it. But, I want my handbook and papers back! That stuff isn't cheap.
A good rule of thumb....NEVER give out the enrollment forms, handbooks and other paperwork until the family comes by with a check and a pen to sign the contract.

I go through my handbook with them during the interview so they know what's in it and what I expect/offer.

An alternative method is to e-mail EVERYTHING, let them print off their own copies.
SilverSabre25 09:26 AM 09-25-2013
This middle of the day preschool schedule really really sucks.

Gma is supposed to pick up dcb and bring him back to me...pick up at 11:45 and drop off around 3:15.

She's late.

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. She is late. Right now she's almost 45 minutes late! And of course this is right around lunch time so it's really rather disruptive.

But I'm sure I can't charge a late fee or anything. I don't really want to. I'm just seriously irked.

What am I supposed to do? wait for lunch until he leaves? Feed the other kids in front of him? He's supposed to be eating at preschool!

And let's not even mention the backpack and lunchbox with highly coveted cartoon characters making my son jealous and crazy...
Lyss 09:28 AM 09-30-2013
DCG (almost 6 months) drinks 4-4.5oz BM every 4 hours, I literally just talked to DCM Friday about offering her a bit more because the last 2 weeks she's barely been able to make it 4 hours and acts like I've been starving her DCM says she can pump about 4.5-5oz 2-3 times a day while DCG is here so it's not unrealistic to up DCG to 5oz.

So today DCD hands me the cooler with frozen milk and when I go to put it in the freezer after he leaves I pull out 2 bags that aren't even the 4oz's she's been drinking! One is probably just less than 2oz and the other is about 3oz! There is no way she's going to last 10 hours on 5oz!

Guess someone's going home early.
Cradle2crayons 09:39 AM 09-30-2013
DCG (almost 6 months) drinks 4-4.5oz BM every 4 hours, I literally just talked to DCM Friday about offering her a bit more because the last 2 weeks she's barely been able to make it 4 hours and acts like I've been starving her DCM says she can pump about 4.5-5oz 2-3 times a day while DCG is here so it's not unrealistic to up DCG to 5oz.

So today DCD hands me the cooler with frozen milk and when I go to put it in the freezer after he leaves I pull out 2 bags that aren't even the 4oz's she's been drinking! One is probably just less than 2oz and the other is about 3oz! There is no way she's going to last 10 hours on 5oz!

Guess someone's going home early.
YACK I'm sorry!!
dinosaurz 08:58 AM 10-01-2013
I am new to the site; this is my first post actually. I joined just so I could vent and then I see that there a re a lot of supporting DC providers on here! Phew!

I have some badddd daycare parents. I watch 4 month old twins 2-3 days per week and the children are not the happiest little buggers, but they like to be talked to and played with so it's not all bad when they're willing to play. Part of the reasons why they aren't happy is what they are given to eat/ingest. DCD and DCM feed them pumped breast-milk, formula, water, and/or rice cereal (IN the bottles...) so their poop is just... ew. Baby poop isn't pleasant anyway but they want to use up the size 1 diapers that they bought a boatload of instead of buying properly fitting diapers. They bring me the cheapest wipes in the store with which to clean up this mess. The wipes are just glorified BBQ-joint wet-naps on a roll.
They also regularly give them simethicone gas drops, baby ibuprofen, orajel and now the one is on antibiotics because she got a UTI somehow. They have both been hospitalized now separate times. Once with a virus (HFM Disease) and then the UTI. Poor things.
They have been on a feeding schedule for a couple months now, but the feedings are not increasing in amount nor frequency; my mommy senses are tingling that this may be the main reason they are constantly fussy. They're hungry! I break schedule and feed them early sometimes because I feel so bad for them.
I try to hold them when they cry but I can only stand it for so long because they stink. They are filthy. Not dirty-nothing wrong with a lil dirt-but filthy. 4 months old and filthy from their own spitup. I have had to bathe them several times. On days where I watch them 2 days in a row they will come in either wearing the same dirty onesies they came into daycare wearing the previous day or the onesies I changed them into before they went home the evening before. Most days they also come in wearing their nighttime diap and haven't been changed yet.
Their nails look like a grown woman's nails and they always scratch themselves. If it gets to be a month since they have been cut (by me) I will cut them again; no one else does this for them.

I could make excuses upon excuses for the parents because hey, it's hard being a parent to one let alone to TWO. But there is one thing I cannot and will not say is excusable or OK EVER...
They are NEVER buckled into their car-seats right. EVER. NOT EVER. The straps are down around their arms near their elbows and the chest-clip is positioned over their guts right near the buckle. WRONG. I have shown the parents both how to buckle them in, I have even had to move the straps from the highest slot to the lowest (so the straps were at/below their shoulders) and I had to remove the newborn inserts the seats came with because it prevented the straps from fitting over their hips without cutting into their thighs. It would seem that it is no longer a matter of not knowing car-seat safety (no excuse! READ THE MANUAL!!!) but that they just don't care enough to take the time to at least make sure they are safe in the car. Of all the things they cut corners on... this is just one that they should not.
SilverSabre25 09:11 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by dinosaurz:
I am new to the site; this is my first post actually. I joined just so I could vent and then I see that there a re a lot of supporting DC providers on here! Phew!

I have some badddd daycare parents. I watch 4 month old twins 2-3 days per week and the children are not the happiest little buggers, but they like to be talked to and played with so it's not all bad when they're willing to play. Part of the reasons why they aren't happy is what they are given to eat/ingest. DCD and DCM feed them pumped breast-milk, formula, water, and/or rice cereal (IN the bottles...) so their poop is just... ew. Baby poop isn't pleasant anyway but they want to use up the size 1 diapers that they bought a boatload of instead of buying properly fitting diapers. They bring me the cheapest wipes in the store with which to clean up this mess. The wipes are just glorified BBQ-joint wet-naps on a roll.
They also regularly give them simethicone gas drops, baby ibuprofen, orajel and now the one is on antibiotics because she got a UTI somehow. They have both been hospitalized now separate times. Once with a virus (HFM Disease) and then the UTI. Poor things.
They have been on a feeding schedule for a couple months now, but the feedings are not increasing in amount nor frequency; my mommy senses are tingling that this may be the main reason they are constantly fussy. They're hungry! I break schedule and feed them early sometimes because I feel so bad for them.
I try to hold them when they cry but I can only stand it for so long because they stink. They are filthy. Not dirty-nothing wrong with a lil dirt-but filthy. 4 months old and filthy from their own spitup. I have had to bathe them several times. On days where I watch them 2 days in a row they will come in either wearing the same dirty onesies they came into daycare wearing the previous day or the onesies I changed them into before they went home the evening before. Most days they also come in wearing their nighttime diap and haven't been changed yet.
Their nails look like a grown woman's nails and they always scratch themselves. If it gets to be a month since they have been cut (by me) I will cut them again; no one else does this for them.

I could make excuses upon excuses for the parents because hey, it's hard being a parent to one let alone to TWO. But there is one thing I cannot and will not say is excusable or OK EVER...
They are NEVER buckled into their car-seats right. EVER. NOT EVER. The straps are down around their arms near their elbows and the chest-clip is positioned over their guts right near the buckle. WRONG. I have shown the parents both how to buckle them in, I have even had to move the straps from the highest slot to the lowest (so the straps were at/below their shoulders) and I had to remove the newborn inserts the seats came with because it prevented the straps from fitting over their hips without cutting into their thighs. It would seem that it is no longer a matter of not knowing car-seat safety (no excuse! READ THE MANUAL!!!) but that they just don't care enough to take the time to at least make sure they are safe in the car. Of all the things they cut corners on... this is just one that they should not.
((hugs)) it's tough but some things in this business you have to grit your teeth and bear...or terminate. Sounds like these parents need some help, but probably not the kid you are able to get for them. Mostly it sounds like they need a clue.
Blackcat31 09:22 AM 10-01-2013

A lot of what you are stating are things I would not hesitate to report.

Not being buckled in car seats, failure to provide basic care and supplies is ALL neglect.

I would NOT hesitate calling CPS. These children are being neglected and someone should be told.
Play Care 10:19 AM 10-01-2013

Not being buckled in car seats, failure to provide basic care and supplies is ALL neglect.

I would NOT hesitate calling CPS. These children are being neglected and someone should be told.

Play Care 10:22 AM 10-01-2013
While playing with the kids yesterday I banged my knee so hard there is a bruise and a lump. Today just trying to sit on the floor with the kids has been awful, bending it is sore and then of course the kids want to sit on my lap, etc.
craftymissbeth 12:23 PM 10-02-2013
For the last two weeks I've had what I'm positive is severe sciatica pain. I feel terrible that Im just not up to doing as much as we usually do every day. Sitting hurts, standing hurts... the only thing that gets me through the day is laying on my stomach and playing with the dck's . Ugh, this needs to go away FAST!
dinosaurz 08:22 AM 10-03-2013

I have thought of telling the authorities but it would be pretty obvious who reported it. I think I may start looking for other dc kids and then tell them that they will have to find someone else is #weeks. If they ask why I will be honest. If I see anymore signs of neglect I will probably call CPS but I don't really want to do that.
dinosaurz 08:31 AM 10-03-2013
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
For the last two weeks I've had what I'm positive is severe sciatica pain. I feel terrible that Im just not up to doing as much as we usually do every day. Sitting hurts, standing hurts... the only thing that gets me through the day is laying on my stomach and playing with the dck's . Ugh, this needs to go away FAST!
You might like to try a "yoga time" activity with the kids where you all stretch so you can work out the muscles around that sciatica. Feel better! http://youtu.be/j1_OJkkw_gM
dinosaurz 08:40 AM 10-03-2013
My 3 yo dc boy is signed up for preschool in September. In June I mentioned to mom that his speech was not coming along as I'd hoped and he is still having massive drool issues. On top of that he is in no way shape or form ready to potty train (and I've tried) and will still have a BM in his diaper and not care. Mom seemed completely unconcerned until I made it clear that I was only doing ONE pick up and drop off to preschool and I was not going to be the one leaving work to go get him/ change him.
They are away on vacation this week and she told me she's hoping he will be potty trained when they come back...
I refuse to stress about this. I've done what I can and its not my issue.
(Now just remind me of that)
You refuse to stress about this and you have done what you can! LOL but really, that is a good attitude. You are right; he is not ready. One thing for DCM to consider about the drooling: tongue and/or lip tie...
momofboys 06:37 AM 10-07-2013
I guess it is Monday! Today DCK #1 arrives with NO shoes (yay - I guess he gets to play outside shoeless & we got a lot of rain yesterday so his feet will get wet). DCM also did not bring his backback with his inhaler for asthma if he needs it. He normally does not but what would I do if he had a coughing/wheezing fit???? She is normally good about this but forgot today. Then her child came in with a waffle with peanut butter. I normally don't care if they bring in food (as I only have 2 families) BUT my son has a peanut allergy so if he gets PB anywhere my son could come into contact with it. I promptly threw it in the trash & then washed the child's hands. Then child #2 arrives without the items I told them I needed last week. Ughhhhhhhhh! Getting ready to pen some notes to parents!
Unregistered 04:20 AM 10-08-2013
I have a dad and 5yo who drop off often at 5am, a special allowance I have made. Today I wake up with just 10 minutes to get ready, so decide to wait till they get here before I go shower (she usually goes back to sleep). So I wait....and wait...and wait. They are never more than 10 minutes late so I literally start worrying that something has happened. At 5:40, I can wait no longer and jump in the shower. Naturally, I hear them pull in the driveway as I shut the shower off. I throw my clothes on, rush out. He says "sorry, I got roped into a night job last night (building construction type) and I just didn't want to wake anyone up at 5am (I have 2 kids). Um, so who am I? I could have not only slept in (he could have called last night!!) but had PLENTY of time to get ready. Thanks, you helped me out a HEAP. Not like I'm not exhausted getting up so damn early, especially for you!
Play Care 05:51 AM 10-08-2013
Yesterday my vacuum broke, the dc kids were awful at nap. Today my daughter spilled syrup over the kitchen floor, and my dc boy (who has been fully potty trained for well over a year) peed all over his clothes and then proceeded to walk all over the place rather then stay in the bathroom and take off his wet clothes in there - making it necessary to wash/sanitize the bathroom and hallway before anyone else used the bathroom. I'm trying to remain hopeful things improve and this is not a sign of how the week will go.
slorey 07:16 AM 10-08-2013
Yesterday my vacuum broke, the dc kids were awful at nap. Today my daughter spilled syrup over the kitchen floor, and my dc boy (who has been fully potty trained for well over a year) peed all over his clothes and then proceeded to walk all over the place rather then stay in the bathroom and take off his wet clothes in there - making it necessary to wash/sanitize the bathroom and hallway before anyone else used the bathroom. I'm trying to remain hopeful things improve and this is not a sign of how the week will go.
I had a fully independent in the bathroom child have a poop accident once and not bother to tell me, just went in to go to the bathroom like normal. Well, when she pulled her pants down things obviously fell out of her underwear, she stepped in it while finishing up and then tracked it through my hallway, kitchen, dining room and living room, which we use as a playroom, on her way back to join the group! It even got on my area rug ! I was so annoyed and had to scrub and sanitize all my floors!
Hope your week improves from this point on...
hope 02:57 PM 10-08-2013
Just having one of those days when I feel burnt out............
I spend all week taking care of day care kids, husband and our own kids. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, the list goes on n on. On weekends I waitress to make some extra money. Feel like all I do is care for n cater to other people's needs. Really need some me time. Would be nice to be taken care of once.
blessed mom 07:19 PM 10-09-2013
I am so frustrated with parents who come to school with diapers that are not changed from the night before. I finally had to ask parents to please change your kids before you bring them because they were peeing on my couch! Still...some parents refuse! I don't understand. Your kid has been in that diaper all night long! Why wouldn't you change them before bringing them to school? Then the older kids...don't brush their teeth and mom expects me to do it. I don't mind if they are being dropped off really early but come on...if they are being dropped off later wake them up and brush their teeth!!! I'm sorry...so frustrated!!!
blessed mom 07:23 PM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by blessed mom:
I am so frustrated with parents who come to school with diapers that are not changed from the night before. I finally had to ask parents to please change your kids before you bring them because they were peeing on my couch! Still...some parents refuse! I don't understand. Your kid has been in that diaper all night long! Why wouldn't you change them before bringing them to school? Then the older kids...don't brush their teeth and mom expects me to do it. I don't mind if they are being dropped off really early but come on...if they are being dropped off later wake them up and brush their teeth!!! I'm sorry...so frustrated!!!
I had to wake my first born at 6am to bring her to day care and i made sure she had a fresh diaper and was fed. I just don't understand...someone help me get it.
Luna 05:40 AM 10-10-2013
Dcg3 looking at the lunch dishes: I want blue! What colour do you want, dcb?
Dcb: Ummmm, green!
Dcg3: No! I was having green!

Yesterday it was her job to put the cups on the lunch table...all identical. She just about lost her mind trying to decide which one was the best so she could put it at her spot. She switched them around several times, talking to herself "I like this one...no! This one!"

These days it is her sole mission in life to make sure she has the BEST one...of everything...every time...even if there is no best one.

I know it's normal and age appropriate and all that, but geeeeeeeeeze it's getting annoying
blessed mom 09:24 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Luna:
Dcg3 looking at the lunch dishes: I want blue! What colour do you want, dcb?
Dcb: Ummmm, green!
Dcg3: No! I was having green!

Yesterday it was her job to put the cups on the lunch table...all identical. She just about lost her mind trying to decide which one was the best so she could put it at her spot. She switched them around several times, talking to herself "I like this one...no! This one!"

These days it is her sole mission in life to make sure she has the BEST one...of everything...every time...even if there is no best one.

I know it's normal and age appropriate and all that, but geeeeeeeeeze it's getting annoying
I have one who is very competitive like this and she has now taught all the other kids to seek the best too! Sometimes there is no best it's just what someone else is in possession of.
Sunshine74 10:14 PM 10-11-2013
We had someone different in our room at nap to cover lunch breaks today, and DCB refused to sleep for her (have to be very firm with him at nap). Well when I came back for my lunch and he realized I was not playing his games, he cried and carried on until he fell asleep about 10 minutes before nap was over. And of course when we turned the lights on and the rest of the kids were up, he woke up.

Well, guess who cried for the next half hour, and then at the drop of a hat all afternoon because he was so exhausted.

Oh, and this DCB came in with a half gone 24oz Pepsi this morning.... at 9:30 (which was taken away immediately). Gee, can't imagine why he couldn't settle down to sleep.
Scout 08:24 AM 10-17-2013
Dear dck's,
Thank you for couphing all over my house and in my face for the past month so much so that my immune system has finally lost the battle on the week I am going out of town with my family to an indoor water park! We had this planned for 3 mos to surprise our ds's with a trip tomorrow-sunday because my kindergartener doesn't have school and now I have a freaking cold and feel like crap! We are still going and I will have fun, just wanted to vent a bit! Of all the terrible timing! Tomorrow is the first unpaid day off I have taken since opening last November so I better have fun and feel better!
JoseyJo 12:58 PM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
Dear dck's,
Thank you for couphing all over my house and in my face for the past month so much so that my immune system has finally lost the battle on the week I am going out of town with my family to an indoor water park! We had this planned for 3 mos to surprise our ds's with a trip tomorrow-sunday because my kindergartener doesn't have school and now I have a freaking cold and feel like crap! We are still going and I will have fun, just wanted to vent a bit! Of all the terrible timing! Tomorrow is the first unpaid day off I have taken since opening last November so I better have fun and feel better!
I hope you feel better by tomorrow! Enjoy your time off as much as you can
Lyss 05:44 PM 10-21-2013
Not really a vent, more of a poor me

My favorite DCF just gave notice, they're moving
Sunshine74 07:28 PM 10-21-2013
Came down with an awful cold yesterday. It hit me like a ton of bricks, even though I should have been ready. I've been feeling it coming on since last week (minor stuffy nose, scratchy throat) but it's so much worse then I thought it would be. I took the day off today because I couldn't keep my eyes open for longer then about 10 minutes at a time.

And of course it would hit me the week we are going on a long awaited field trip (Thursday).
daycarediva 07:11 AM 10-22-2013
Not really a vent, more of a poor me

My favorite DCF just gave notice, they're moving
I'm so sorry!

Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Came down with an awful cold yesterday. It hit me like a ton of bricks, even though I should have been ready. I've been feeling it coming on since last week (minor stuffy nose, scratchy throat) but it's so much worse then I thought it would be. I took the day off today because I couldn't keep my eyes open for longer then about 10 minutes at a time.

And of course it would hit me the week we are going on a long awaited field trip (Thursday).
Hope you feel better asap!
SilverSabre25 08:42 AM 10-22-2013
I despise 1.5. it is SUCH an annoying age. they don't play with toys, they just play with whatever they can find that is NOT a toy or NOT theirs or NOT something they should have. They get into trouble, screech when redirected, and are in the process of dropping from two naps to one so they are a mess most of the time.

I really really hate this age. I tolerate it, because I like babies and I like twos, but 1.5 is just no fun at all.
blessed mom 09:10 AM 10-22-2013
Please change your kids diaper from last night before you drop them off! I just don't get it! Why would you leave them wet like that when it takes only a few minutes to give them a nice dry one? I have asked nicely. That's all. Over and out!
JoseyJo 10:53 AM 10-22-2013
I despise 1.5. it is SUCH an annoying age. they don't play with toys, they just play with whatever they can find that is NOT a toy or NOT theirs or NOT something they should have. They get into trouble, screech when redirected, and are in the process of dropping from two naps to one so they are a mess most of the time.

I really really hate this age. I tolerate it, because I like babies and I like twos, but 1.5 is just no fun at all.
I was saying that a couple of weeks ago w/ my new 17 mo- she is settling in now though, yesterday she dumped a box of play tools, played with them for a good 15 minutes and then went to go get out dolls and a stroller. I said "uh uh, pick up those tools and put them away first" then I had to walk out of the room for a minute and when I came back to help her she had them all picked up and was putting the basket back up Light at the end of the 1.5 tunnel
Sunshine74 09:19 PM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Hope you feel better asap!
Thanks. I am going back to work tomorrow.
grateday 01:30 PM 10-23-2013
Who here has ever wanted to term the parent and continue caring for there child?
childcaremom 02:02 PM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by grateday:
Who here has ever wanted to term the parent and continue caring for there child?

jenn 06:55 PM 10-23-2013
My daughter has a liver/lung condition that requires check ups at a Children's hospital. I let the parents verbally know 8 weeks in advance that I would be closed on her appointment day. I put it in a fall newsletter 7 weeks in advance of her appointment day. I have sent 2 facebook reminders about the closing.

Today, two moms were talking and one said something to the other about how grandma was coming to town to watch DCK while I am gone. The other mom acted shocked, like she knew nothing about it. She then turned to me and asked if I would be willing to change the appointment or be willing to take her child with us. The other mom actually said "I can't believe you just asked her that!". I laughed (couldn't help it) and said no!

First of all, this appointment is actually in another state, several hours from our home. No, I am not rescheduling. We meet with 3 different teams while we are there, so it is tricky to get it all scheduled for one day. All the other parents have already taken off or found back up care. No, I am not taking your child out of the state to watch while my daughter is being evaluated to see if her liver is still working or is beginning to fail. Good grief!

To make it even worse, the mom is actually off on the day of the week the appointment is scheduled. She uses the day to "catch up" and get her nails done.
TwinKristi 09:37 PM 10-23-2013
Ugh I just need to get this off my chest! I'm just stuck in a rut right now and don't like it. My FT family told me their DCB would be going to preschool in Jan. when they return from Winter Break after I told her 2 families were leaving this month. I found out they can't even take him "legally" until he turns 2 in Feb. but haven't brought this up to mom yet. I don't think her DS is in any way ready for a preschool setting. He verbally can say more than some 2yr olds but emotionally he is not ready. I need to figure out whether I should buy a 2nd extra car seat for when I have to transport the SA kids and don't want to get into the preschool move talk again but I have to! <banghead> If she's only staying until Dec than I will ask her for her extra seat back until then. She had it here but needed it for a weekend babysitter to use and hasn't brought it back but I haven't needed it yet as the weather had been good still but one nasty rain storm on a day I have 3 little ones and I'm in a pickle. The big issue is I'm just bummed about him leaving and think its because she was mad at me about sending him home. He had a low grade fever on and off for 2wks, been excessively fussy and not as hungry, not napping well and then shows up one day with a sore in the corner of his mouth and a rash on his face. I made her take him to the Ped before returning and she was pretty irritated. It's been about 7wks and she is being back to normal again but I don't know if she decided to take him out after I made her take him in and she was mad or if she really thinks he's ready for preschool and it's easier since his sister goes there for now but starts Kindy next year. So they'll have both kids at one place for 8 months before they go back to 2 locations again. He would have an entire year and a half here if they waited til 3.5 to send him like they originally planned plus have discussed having another baby. Now their long term plans have changed and it's messing up mine as well on top of finances. I've lost $1300-1400/mo in tuitions alone this month (doesn't even include the food program loss) and have no solid bites on filling the spots. Add to that the idea of losing another $800-900/mo (plus food program) come Jan and I'm panicking. The idea of doing all I do for perhaps $1000/mo sucks. Ugh!!!
ColorfulSunburst 06:12 AM 10-25-2013
Originally Posted by ABCDaycareMN:
I am just so tired with all of the kids thinking they get everything they want.

Learn respect. Oh wait, many parents don't teach respect anymore!

Luna 08:29 AM 10-30-2013
DCM texted me about 1/2 hour ago saying dcg's older sister is working near me today and she might pop by for a visit. I texted back and said ok, but she'll have to take her somewhere, she can't hang out here. She just texted me back and said ok never mind then. She texted again and said she just wanted to say hi.
I am venting here instead of texting her back because it wouldn't be nice.
This family has lately got the idea they can drop off and pick up whenever they feel like it. I have had to remind them daily that we are on a schedule here.I may have become hypersensitive to them and maybe I'm overreacting?
CedarCreek 08:33 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by Luna:
DCM texted me about 1/2 hour ago saying dcg's older sister is working near me today and she might pop by for a visit. I texted back and said ok, but she'll have to take her somewhere, she can't hang out here. She just texted me back and said ok never mind then. She texted again and said she just wanted to say hi.
I am venting here instead of texting her back because it wouldn't be nice.
This family has lately got the idea they can drop off and pick up whenever they feel like it. I have had to remind them daily that we are on a schedule here.I may have become hypersensitive to them and maybe I'm overreacting?
No, you're not. Their behavior is disruptive to your schedule and confusing for the dcg.
dinosaurz 07:39 AM 10-31-2013
Dear DCM,
Your infant child has a UTI. She is uncomfortable and wants to, and should be, with you. I'm so glad you had time to dress up for the holiday; I'm sure everyone at work will really be impressed. Slutty Freddy Krueger... nice.
I'm so glad you had time for that but no time to buckle your kids into their carseats correctly AGAIN. I'm so glad you had time for that but when you give your child her antibiotic in the morning like you are supposed to as a PARENT you call yourself "productive." Very nice.

I'm going to go tend to your banshee of a child who is screaming in pain because you can't stick to an antibiotic dosing schedule and now she has antibiotic-resistant UTI.

Peace.
dinosaurz 07:44 AM 10-31-2013
Dear DCM,
Your infant child has a UTI. She is uncomfortable and wants to, and should be, with you. I'm so glad you had time to dress up for the holiday; I'm sure everyone at work will really be impressed. Slutty Freddy Krueger... nice.
I'm so glad you had time for that but no time to buckle your kids into their carseats correctly AGAIN. I'm so glad you had time for that but when you give your child her antibiotic in the morning like you are supposed to as a PARENT you call yourself "productive." Very nice.

I'm going to go tend to your banshee of a child who is screaming in pain because you can't stick to an antibiotic dosing schedule and now she has antibiotic-resistant UTI.

Peace.
Nevermind that you were almost an hour LATE today and that I just discovered the antibiotic is not here. Good job. Good jobbbbb.
Cradle2crayons 07:56 AM 10-31-2013
Nevermind that you were almost an hour LATE today and that I just discovered the antibiotic is not here. Good job. Good jobbbbb.
That'd be an immediate call for pick up
Cradle2crayons 08:07 AM 10-31-2013
That'd be an immediate call for pick up
CedarCreek 02:30 PM 10-31-2013
Really dcb's grandpa??

No, I did not take all of my dcks out in the freaking tsunami of rain we have been having today and "have a party" in your front yard. The heavy rain and ridiculous winds blew all of your Halloween decorations over, not us!

Nut job.
Lil'DinoEggs 04:24 AM 11-01-2013

uha uha uha, i feel ya. i wish i could term mine until he is two...oh wait he is my own son....
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62  ... Last
Reply Up