Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 4 5 13 53  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Unregistered 11:07 AM 01-21-2012
Hi everyone. I'm a daycare provider that quit in November after 10 years of staying home with my kids so that I could go to work and get away. I had the craziest most awful parents. In the mix I had a HANDFUL of decent people. I quit because of so many reasons. I posted my "last straw" story but this is the whole shebang!

In 2005, I had a set of new parents whose baby cried every single day, all day, 12-14 hours per day and nothing I could do would help her. She had colic awfully bad, I knew it, but the parents refused to buy gripe water or anything for this child. The kids came dirty, gross smelling, and her 2yo son was just nasty. He bit, kicked, screamed, yelled and seemed to deliberately hurt kids. I've watched a lot of two year olds in my day, and never saw anything like this. They would get off work at 5 and not p/u till 8-9pm. They paid me a mere $100 per week for two children. That's when she felt like paying, that is.

After that I had great parents until 2007. In 2007 I had this woman, seemingly awesome. Paid on time, everything was great. Then she went bat**** crazy. One day, her baby was just crying and didn't want to eat. I did a report and told her the baby didn't want her bottle and was not feeling well all day, but since no fever, I kept her for her. I figured she may need to take a day off so didn't want to inconvenience her by sending the kid home. I am a nurse major so if something was going to come up that was bad, I could deal with it accordingly. The next day she was kind of rude to me when she dropped off. I figured "Oh, bad day". She came early to p/u the kids for Dr. appt and told me she wasn't upset w/ me at all like I thought (yep, I asked) but that she was mad about something that happened w/ the husband. They had been fighting all night. Then she said "thank you" and "I'll see you tomorrow and have your $80" I said "Ok Great. Well, the husband came by to pick up the kids who weren't at my house. Mom had already gotten them early for the appt. He got REALLY pissed off. Says "Give me the kids' stuff" I was like "What? what is going on?" He said "Just do it" Apparently HE hated me because I was "friends with his wife" OK whatever, what can I do.I figured I would call the wife later and see if the children were coming back. Before this guy leaves, he accuses me of beating the baby up! What?!!! My husband was about to beat his a** and show him what false accusations would do to him! After this, I called "M" and told her what happened. She said "Well he's my husband so I have to go with what he says" I was like WTF!!? After all this stuff and that's your response? I told her "Well you still owe me my money" She argued about the amount because she would miss 2 days. I said "YOU guys are the ones quitting, so you owe me technically for two weeks, but if you pay through two days, we're even and I won't worry about the 2nd week" (I was trying to be reasonable) She said she had to talk to the husband. A few hours later, she calls and tells me she's not paying me and she is turning me into CPS. I said "What, for real, over a payment? I told her "You can't do that because you can get in trouble for false reporting" I told her I didn't care if she called, I wanted to be paid and she could tell them all she wanted that she owed money and waste their time. Then she said "I'll tell them you burned my baby's foot" I was like "WTF?" She said "yeah, you did it with a curl iron" I was like "B****, go ahead, say that...I do not even OWN a curling iron and they can search my house and car, I don't care" She said "Well, maybe you'll have done it by the stove" I told her "Yes, they will believe that one because ALL parents/providers just cook their babies" She got silent. She said she would do it. She made up all sorts of stuff and then calls CPS. CPS investigates, nothing happens. There was not ever a mark on that baby's foot (they say to me) I said "because---DUH, she never got hurt!" Then the woman actually asks me to finish out the last 2 days and says she'll pay me! I told her to stuff it. No way was I going to take back a child after I was supposedly "abusing" it, right? That makes no sense. A normal parent who really believes (and isn't making **** up like in her case) their child is abused doesn't want to bring them back to the abuser!

That same year, I had a loser mom who was on child care subsidy. She was to pay me a copay of $85/month and the state paid the rest. She paid pretty well the first year, but always had some reason to pay late. Because she was pretty good about paying, I took the payments after the fact (dumby me). I knew she could afford to pay because she sure could afford the $175 tattoo the $35 lip and nipple piercings, the new rims, the new Nikes for her and both kids, for the new clothes she got for herself. And the boyfriend who she was living with. She decided she didn't want to pay and said to me she wouldn't. I told her that if she didn't, I would be forced to report that to the State among her living status with the boyfriend she had never reported living there. She said she'd call CPS. She told me she'd say that I left the baby in poop #1 I would never do that and # 2 Since I was VERY pregnant WITH TWINS, there was no way in he** any baby got away with pooping and peeing without a change practically in the middle of them doing it! I was very sensitive to smells! I told her to call CPS, and I did end up reporting her to the State and she lost all her benefits. She never did call on me but she did call my home and her bf called my home while I was in the hospital delivering the twins threatening to kill my husband and our other two children. My husband told them to come on over and try it. They didn't.

Then I had a woman who called me for care and there was so much drama in that one. Her husband supposedly beat her, so she couldn't pay. Her child supposedly got molested by some dude, so she couldn't pay. I put up with it for a time, but she started owing more $ than was worth me keeping her 3 kids at night, too. One day, she never picks them up. The husband comes at like 3am (their p/u time was 9pm). He tells me he doesn't know where wifey is and takes off like he's in a panic. I am quite suspicious that they are playing me. The next day the wife calls me and tells me that she was taken from a taco bell, raped and left in the mountains (with her phone, keys, car, etc so that the kidnapper could walk away on foot) for dead and he robbed the $300 she owed me. Weird cooincidence, right? What's weirder, is that it was a "black " guy (she was prejudice) and that he jumped in the back of the van. She went as far as to report it to the news. It was all over the news that she was beaten/raped from some guy in a line at the taco bell...except there was NO one in the cameras. She described the guy as getting in behind her with a gun and making her take off out of line...IMPOSSIBLE since there was a HUGE island on the right side. Someone in front of her and someone in back of her, HOW did she get out with someone in front? Cameras captured her actually getting her food! Cops were suspicious too. She had falsely accused a ghost! A few days after telling me all about the rape, she came by and gave me $100 and asked if I could keep the kids. Before the above was disclosed on the news, I believed her, so I wanted to help. Plus she paid me $100 of the $300. I kept the kids another week and never saw another payment. I told her that I felt terribly about what happened but that I could no longer keep the kids because it was hurting my family and the twins were just newborns at the time. She left pissed off and so I called her boss. I got another $100, but mind you she'd added another $300 for the week so she still owed me $500 by the time we were done. She then disappeared off the face of the earth. She quit her job, the husband quit, and know one knew what happened, not even her mother in. I actually just found her again in. Apparently, before she moved away, she got found out by the cops and got into trouble, a LOT of trouble, which explains why she just suddenly disappeared. She'd made the whole thing up! Apparently the truth was that her husband hit her and she was too ashamed to admit it. Well, geez lady, you don't have to involve your whole family and someone else's family in your little plan to protect the husband and get out of paying me.

In 2009 I had yet another crazy family. This family daycare hopped a lot When they came to me they had a problem filling out forms, my transporting their kids to school, just about everything. I thought it was nerves since they had other issues with the daycare, but I found out later what it REALLY was.I had them over a year, so I was shocked when what happened, happened. During the course of the year, there were days the kids just didn't show up, usually right before a long weekend. The parents wouldn't tell me they weren't coming or if they were coming back. They usually paid me, but a few times they didn't. My husband joked about them taking the kids on these mini vacations to "hide bruises and give them time to heal" but I don't know why, but I had a feeling he wasn't wrong. These parents paid me to keep these kids very specific days/times because they "could not miss work" and lost out on some money here and there (their choice, I don't refund for your choices to keep your kid home) but yet they were so "poor" (their words). It was just odd. One day, right after my twins' 2nd birthday, they decided that they wanted more hours. I couldn't accommodate them because that required me to drive the kids to/from every day and I was already driving other part-time kids around ( meaning no room in my car on certain days). I let them know that if they could get their children on the bus route, I'd be happy to take the kids. They were going to do that but then for the extra days, they decided they didn't want to pay me for them. I was only charging $10 per extra day. For TWO children. Not a bad rate, I'd say. They said it wasn't fair, I knew they were poor, etc. I told them I'm not rich either and since they were having a hard time, I was giving them a hell of a rate. They still didn't like it. They told me either I let them bring the kids free or they'd make me lose the license and then "I'd see how being poor would feel" I told them "are you people insane? I don't do care for free, I live in the same neighborhood and obviously do not get rich off daycare because I work WITH people like you who need help and you have some NERVE saying those things to me!" They said that they hated me because I was taking their kids away. Ummm...How? I only had the kids part-time and then someone else had them the rest of the time (not the parents) so if anything the other provider had more time with the kids. I told them my intent was never to ever make them feel like their child wasn't theirs if that's how they felt, but that if that's indeed how they felt, why would they ask me to have the kids for MORE hours? After this, I told them I didn't think it would work out anymore. There were other issues with the children and them that bothered me over the year anyway, and I just was very uncomfortable. I had some suspicions of child abuse I had previously reported, and think maybe they knew this when trying to bully me. So I quit. The minute I did, CPS was called and I was accused of:
Not feeding the kids, beating the kids, molesting the kids. Luckily, the kids were pretty honest and told them that they DID eat at my house, I never touched them and certainly did NOT ever molest them! The police did get involved and closed their investigation when neighbors actually came to MY defense and against theirs, Even former parents who didn't pay me in the past stepped up for me. What really came out is that the child's father (actually it's her stepdad) was doing things to her. Apparently there were witnesses, so he used all the things HE did to these kids to try to blame them on me and it backfired! During the investigation, they also lost all their pets because the oldest girl was living in filth, left home alone with mice and stuff on the counters. Over the year, I never knew it was that bad. They were also evicted from their home and moved to another city. Mom promised to leave dad and once she was away 6 months, they GAVE HER HER CHILDREN BACK! I saw them one day at walmart and I was amazed to see her with them. She got back with the mad who did those things to her kid! Several other providers called me (she'd given them my #, for what I don't know) and told me their concerns too. Then one day the kid ends up bleeding everywhere and taken to the hospital one town over from me. The babysitter said she didn't know what to do. I told her to report, then quit or she'd have accusations like I did. She didn't heed my warning. She got CPS called on her too. Apparently, EVERY provider these parents used had CPS called on them for something and so it really helped our investigation. But still, you have to be crazy!

And then after that, I got smarter, but that meant no one wanted me long term. They would promise long-term but not sign the contract, or promise and then quit. I started turning people away AT THE DOOR if they showed w/o my $$. I had parents tell their CHILDREN to be nasty to me because of how I "look". The parents before the lady who called the police reporting her kid "missing" said she hated me because I should have provided more activities for the older kids (hers is a 9yo child) but yet, I ran a preschool, NOT a school-age program. I always took the school-agers if they had a sibling in preschool, but didn't have as much for them to do because they weren't in my care enough. I still made it fun, but yes, it was set up like a preschool.

These vents are just the BIGGER of the stories that led into my quitting. There were many more issues that made me realize I had been abused LONG ENOUGH!

I will do an advice thread later and when I give that advice, you'll see WHY I give it from reading this small (albeit long) snippet of info.
Countrygal 01:24 PM 01-27-2012
I wanna go back to the "my kid is the worst one in my daycare" rant...... It's been a terrible week with dgs!
sharlan 05:22 AM 01-30-2012
I woke up at 4 AM unable to go back to sleep. My 9 yo usually comes about 5 AM, but didn't show up until 5:20. I figure I lost about 1 1/2 hrs sleep already this morning.
Countrygal 10:32 AM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I woke up at 4 AM unable to go back to sleep. My 9 yo usually comes about 5 AM, but didn't show up until 5:20. I figure I lost about 1 1/2 hrs sleep already this morning.
"Unlike". So sorry the day started out this way, hope it's getting better!
sharlan 11:28 AM 01-30-2012
It has. We decided to do PE before school today. I had them ride their bikes up and down the street. I live on an enclosed street, two culdisacs put together. We came in and had snack and they were ready to sit down and do "school". Right now they're watching a leap frog video.
AmyLeigh 02:33 PM 01-30-2012
DCM forgot a change of clothes for the 2 yo AGAIN!!! Ugghhh....she always forgets on days I need a change. One time is was vomit, today it was an overflowing diaper during nap. So now, the little one has to wait until her pants are dry before she can go outside. She's not happy about that.
I don't understand why she just doesn't keep an extra set of clothes in the diaper bag at all times.
momma2girls 06:40 AM 01-31-2012
I knew it!! I have a little daycare boy that is 3, and was running a high temperature three days ago. It was at the end of the day(he woke up with it from afternoon nap) I called Mom, she was on her way in about 10 min. Sure enough the family brought the sibling the next day. Now she is sick, got my child sick, and the brother is sick again. I will be adding a sibling note in the contract for the next one going out. I am even thinking of adding it to the newsletter, but this family is the only one with a sibling here. I have 4 children, and 2 are siblings. UGHH!!!!!!
AfterSchoolMom 02:00 PM 01-31-2012
It never fails, does it?

The ONE day this week when it's the warmest day we've had since fall (67 degrees!) and DCM, who usually picks up by 4:15, still hasn't picked up by 5 pm. Now, because I went by the time that she picks up by almost EVERY SINGLE day, my son has missed a play date and I won't have any time to take the walk outside that I had planned before it gets cold and dark.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paradeofkids 06:44 PM 01-31-2012
My 2 year doesn't like to be disciplined. She throws a tantrum everyday now and especially when she does not get her way.
DaycareMama 09:45 AM 02-02-2012
I am feeling the BURN again!! Burned out that is.

I just wish that I could:

win the lotto
find money and the person that lost it let me keep it cause I was honest
Wake up and have a masters degree over night (only a high school graduate)
Find a job that will pay we what I need to make and that i

But mostly I just want to feel appreciated
AmyLeigh 09:53 AM 02-02-2012
This is the only outlet I have to vent negative things....so here it goes.

Ugghhhhh!!!! I came down with UTI on Sunday, the day I was having friends over. I couldn't get in to see the doctor until yesterday, dh's day off. I came home from dr's to find all the kids in the front yard, dh not to be seen. He comes out of the house to move the bikes that were in the driveway. I asked him what he was doing inside....downloading apps for his new smartphone I got him. Then he proceeds to tell me that he went inside to use the bathroom and when he came out, our son and dcb were in the neighbor's tree. I told him that if he is going to let the kiddos in the front yard, he needs to use the bathroom before going out. His response? "I didn't have to go then!" What are you, 5?? Then I said that he would have to bring everyone in, or hold it. How do you think I got the stinkin' UTI??? Plus, we had the 2 yo yesterday. He left her out in the front yard unsupervised!!!!! I think he is trying to make me lose my license.
He knows I don't feel good, tells me he will help out, then plays on his phone and hops on the mc to go shopping. Sooooo annoyed. I asked him if he would help me clean house last night. He said yes, but didn't do a gosh darn thing!!!! Then later tells me that if I make arrangements for babysitting, he will take me to a movie Saturday. Ummm nope. I don't have time for it and I really don't like you right now.
I don't usually complain about him, I absolutely adore him as a husband and father. Most of the time, he is a great guy. It just seems he was being selfish yesterday and didn't seem to care about my needs.
So I didn't sleep well last night ( haven't slept well all week), and still had to get up early this morning to clean the house. DD decided to play wii right when I started mopping the floor in the playroom. I reminded her of her chores....yet again.
I don't feel well, am tired, annoyed beyond belief, and will not get to rest much this weekend. We are hosting Super Bowl party on Sunday and have a bunch of things to do before that.
I am trying my hardest not to take it all out on the kids. I am successful....about 75% of the time. Thankfully, the dck's are being great. My own, well, not so much.
Hopefully next week will be better.......
boomer00 10:26 AM 02-02-2012
I am new to the Daycare.com forum and I am so happy to have somewhere to go to vent besides a few great friends and my husband.

What to do when you have a child that is 5 years old and thinks it is okay to call his mom by her first name. She allows this! It drives me nuts sometimes I don't realize what he is talking about because he has used her first name. He is really rude and seems to rule the roost at home no manners no boundaries and just talks to me like I am not important and that I have no right to tell him how things are done at my house! Very frustrating!

safechner 10:29 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
This is the only outlet I have to vent negative things....so here it goes.

Ugghhhhh!!!! I came down with UTI on Sunday, the day I was having friends over. I couldn't get in to see the doctor until yesterday, dh's day off. I came home from dr's to find all the kids in the front yard, dh not to be seen. He comes out of the house to move the bikes that were in the driveway. I asked him what he was doing inside....downloading apps for his new smartphone I got him. Then he proceeds to tell me that he went inside to use the bathroom and when he came out, our son and dcb were in the neighbor's tree. I told him that if he is going to let the kiddos in the front yard, he needs to use the bathroom before going out. His response? "I didn't have to go then!" What are you, 5?? Then I said that he would have to bring everyone in, or hold it. How do you think I got the stinkin' UTI??? Plus, we had the 2 yo yesterday. He left her out in the front yard unsupervised!!!!! I think he is trying to make me lose my license.
He knows I don't feel good, tells me he will help out, then plays on his phone and hops on the mc to go shopping. Sooooo annoyed. I asked him if he would help me clean house last night. He said yes, but didn't do a gosh darn thing!!!! Then later tells me that if I make arrangements for babysitting, he will take me to a movie Saturday. Ummm nope. I don't have time for it and I really don't like you right now.
I don't usually complain about him, I absolutely adore him as a husband and father. Most of the time, he is a great guy. It just seems he was being selfish yesterday and didn't seem to care about my needs.
So I didn't sleep well last night ( haven't slept well all week), and still had to get up early this morning to clean the house. DD decided to play wii right when I started mopping the floor in the playroom. I reminded her of her chores....yet again.
I don't feel well, am tired, annoyed beyond belief, and will not get to rest much this weekend. We are hosting Super Bowl party on Sunday and have a bunch of things to do before that.
I am trying my hardest not to take it all out on the kids. I am successful....about 75% of the time. Thankfully, the dck's are being great. My own, well, not so much.
Hopefully next week will be better.......
I know how you feel about UTI. I just had UTI last Saturday and I wasn't feeling so well. I went to CVS to buy Azo medicine for UTI. It works very good. I have used it before because I am so sick of going to dr all the time if I have UTI. I have UTI in my life time. I would save my money to pay Dr visit and medicines.

Here is the information: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/sh...ump&navCount=3

I promise you it works and it will get rid of infection faster within two days but I warned you you will be pee like orange. I am so glad they have in the store because I don't like to go to the dr very often to get medicine for that. I hope it helps and save your time.
AmyLeigh 11:45 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by safechner:
I know how you feel about UTI. I just had UTI last Saturday and I wasn't feeling so well. I went to CVS to buy Azo medicine for UTI. It works very good. I have used it before because I am so sick of going to dr all the time if I have UTI. I have UTI in my life time. I would save my money to pay Dr visit and medicines.

Here is the information: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/sh...ump&navCount=3

I promise you it works and it will get rid of infection faster within two days but I warned you you will be pee like orange. I am so glad they have in the store because I don't like to go to the dr very often to get medicine for that. I hope it helps and save your time.
Thank you so much. I took Cystex, which has an antibacterial. The PA told me that there was very little bacteria in my urine, so it must have worked!! He still put me on antibiotics since I was still having mild symptoms. They were actually cheaper after insurance than the OTC meds.
A friend of mine just got over a kidney infection cuz she didn't get to the doctor in time about a UTI, so that kind of scared me. KWIM? This was only my 4th UTI in about 20 years, so I played it safe.
Hunni Bee 07:20 PM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi everyone. I'm a daycare provider that quit in November after 10 years of staying home with my kids so that I could go to work and get away. I had the craziest most awful parents. In the mix I had a HANDFUL of decent people. I quit because of so many reasons. I posted my "last straw" story but this is the whole shebang!

In 2005, I had a set of new parents whose baby cried every single day, all day, 12-14 hours per day and nothing I could do would help her. She had colic awfully bad, I knew it, but the parents refused to buy gripe water or anything for this child. The kids came dirty, gross smelling, and her 2yo son was just nasty. He bit, kicked, screamed, yelled and seemed to deliberately hurt kids. I've watched a lot of two year olds in my day, and never saw anything like this. They would get off work at 5 and not p/u till 8-9pm. They paid me a mere $100 per week for two children. That's when she felt like paying, that is.

After that I had great parents until 2007. In 2007 I had this woman, seemingly awesome. Paid on time, everything was great. Then she went bat**** crazy. One day, her baby was just crying and didn't want to eat. I did a report and told her the baby didn't want her bottle and was not feeling well all day, but since no fever, I kept her for her. I figured she may need to take a day off so didn't want to inconvenience her by sending the kid home. I am a nurse major so if something was going to come up that was bad, I could deal with it accordingly. The next day she was kind of rude to me when she dropped off. I figured "Oh, bad day". She came early to p/u the kids for Dr. appt and told me she wasn't upset w/ me at all like I thought (yep, I asked) but that she was mad about something that happened w/ the husband. They had been fighting all night. Then she said "thank you" and "I'll see you tomorrow and have your $80" I said "Ok Great. Well, the husband came by to pick up the kids who weren't at my house. Mom had already gotten them early for the appt. He got REALLY pissed off. Says "Give me the kids' stuff" I was like "What? what is going on?" He said "Just do it" Apparently HE hated me because I was "friends with his wife" OK whatever, what can I do.I figured I would call the wife later and see if the children were coming back. Before this guy leaves, he accuses me of beating the baby up! What?!!! My husband was about to beat his a** and show him what false accusations would do to him! After this, I called "M" and told her what happened. She said "Well he's my husband so I have to go with what he says" I was like WTF!!? After all this stuff and that's your response? I told her "Well you still owe me my money" She argued about the amount because she would miss 2 days. I said "YOU guys are the ones quitting, so you owe me technically for two weeks, but if you pay through two days, we're even and I won't worry about the 2nd week" (I was trying to be reasonable) She said she had to talk to the husband. A few hours later, she calls and tells me she's not paying me and she is turning me into CPS. I said "What, for real, over a payment? I told her "You can't do that because you can get in trouble for false reporting" I told her I didn't care if she called, I wanted to be paid and she could tell them all she wanted that she owed money and waste their time. Then she said "I'll tell them you burned my baby's foot" I was like "WTF?" She said "yeah, you did it with a curl iron" I was like "B****, go ahead, say that...I do not even OWN a curling iron and they can search my house and car, I don't care" She said "Well, maybe you'll have done it by the stove" I told her "Yes, they will believe that one because ALL parents/providers just cook their babies" She got silent. She said she would do it. She made up all sorts of stuff and then calls CPS. CPS investigates, nothing happens. There was not ever a mark on that baby's foot (they say to me) I said "because---DUH, she never got hurt!" Then the woman actually asks me to finish out the last 2 days and says she'll pay me! I told her to stuff it. No way was I going to take back a child after I was supposedly "abusing" it, right? That makes no sense. A normal parent who really believes (and isn't making **** up like in her case) their child is abused doesn't want to bring them back to the abuser!

That same year, I had a loser mom who was on child care subsidy. She was to pay me a copay of $85/month and the state paid the rest. She paid pretty well the first year, but always had some reason to pay late. Because she was pretty good about paying, I took the payments after the fact (dumby me). I knew she could afford to pay because she sure could afford the $175 tattoo the $35 lip and nipple piercings, the new rims, the new Nikes for her and both kids, for the new clothes she got for herself. And the boyfriend who she was living with. She decided she didn't want to pay and said to me she wouldn't. I told her that if she didn't, I would be forced to report that to the State among her living status with the boyfriend she had never reported living there. She said she'd call CPS. She told me she'd say that I left the baby in poop #1 I would never do that and # 2 Since I was VERY pregnant WITH TWINS, there was no way in hell any baby got away with pooping and peeing without a change practically in the middle of them doing it! I was very sensitive to smells! I told her to call CPS, and I did end up reporting her to the State and she lost all her benefits. She never did call on me but she did call my home and her bf called my home while I was in the hospital delivering the twins threatening to kill my husband and our other two children. My husband told them to come on over and try it. They didn't.

Then I had a woman who called me for care and there was so much drama in that one. Her husband supposedly beat her, so she couldn't pay. Her child supposedly got molested by some dude, so she couldn't pay. I put up with it for a time, but she started owing more $ than was worth me keeping her 3 kids at night, too. One day, she never picks them up. The husband comes at like 3am (their p/u time was 9pm). He tells me he doesn't know where wifey is and takes off like he's in a panic. I am quite suspicious that they are playing me. The next day the wife calls me and tells me that she was taken from a taco bell, raped and left in the mountains (with her phone, keys, car, etc so that the kidnapper could walk away on foot) for dead and he robbed the $300 she owed me. Weird cooincidence, right? What's weirder, is that it was a "black " guy (she was prejudice) and that he jumped in the back of the van. She went as far as to report it to the news. It was all over the news that she was beaten/raped from some guy in a line at the taco bell...except there was NO one in the cameras. She described the guy as getting in behind her with a gun and making her take off out of line...IMPOSSIBLE since there was a HUGE island on the right side. Someone in front of her and someone in back of her, HOW did she get out with someone in front? Cameras captured her actually getting her food! Cops were suspicious too. She had falsely accused a ghost! A few days after telling me all about the rape, she came by and gave me $100 and asked if I could keep the kids. Before the above was disclosed on the news, I believed her, so I wanted to help. Plus she paid me $100 of the $300. I kept the kids another week and never saw another payment. I told her that I felt terribly about what happened but that I could no longer keep the kids because it was hurting my family and the twins were just newborns at the time. She left pissed off and so I called her boss. I got another $100, but mind you she'd added another $300 for the week so she still owed me $500 by the time we were done. She then disappeared off the face of the earth. She quit her job, the husband quit, and know one knew what happened, not even her mother in. I actually just found her again. Apparently, before she moved away, she got found out by the cops and got into trouble, a LOT of trouble, which explains why she just suddenly disappeared. She'd made the whole thing up! Apparently the truth was that her husband hit her and she was too ashamed to admit it. Well, geez lady, you don't have to involve your whole family and someone else's family in your little plan to protect the husband and get out of paying me.

In 2009 I had yet another crazy family. This family daycare hopped a lot When they came to me they had a problem filling out forms, my transporting their kids to school, just about everything. I thought it was nerves since they had other issues with the daycare, but I found out later what it REALLY was.I had them over a year, so I was shocked when what happened, happened. During the course of the year, there were days the kids just didn't show up, usually right before a long weekend. The parents wouldn't tell me they weren't coming or if they were coming back. They usually paid me, but a few times they didn't. My husband joked about them taking the kids on these mini vacations to "hide bruises and give them time to heal" but I don't know why, but I had a feeling he wasn't wrong. These parents paid me to keep these kids very specific days/times because they "could not miss work" and lost out on some money here and there (their choice, I don't refund for your choices to keep your kid home) but yet they were so "poor" (their words). It was just odd. One day, right after my twins' 2nd birthday, they decided that they wanted more hours. I couldn't accommodate them because that required me to drive the kids to/from every day and I was already driving other part-time kids around ( meaning no room in my car on certain days). I let them know that if they could get their children on the bus route, I'd be happy to take the kids. They were going to do that but then for the extra days, they decided they didn't want to pay me for them. I was only charging $10 per extra day. For TWO children. Not a bad rate, I'd say. They said it wasn't fair, I knew they were poor, etc. I told them I'm not rich either and since they were having a hard time, I was giving them a hell of a rate. They still didn't like it. They told me either I let them bring the kids free or they'd make me lose the license and then "I'd see how being poor would feel" I told them "are you people insane? I don't do care for free, I live in the same neighborhood and obviously do not get rich off daycare because I work WITH people like you who need help and you have some NERVE saying those things to me!" They said that they hated me because I was taking their kids away. Ummm...How? I only had the kids part-time and then someone else had them the rest of the time (not the parents) so if anything the other provider had more time with the kids. I told them my intent was never to ever make them feel like their child wasn't theirs if that's how they felt, but that if that's indeed how they felt, why would they ask me to have the kids for MORE hours? After this, I told them I didn't think it would work out anymore. There were other issues with the children and them that bothered me over the year anyway, and I just was very uncomfortable. I had some suspicions of child abuse I had previously reported, and think maybe they knew this when trying to bully me. So I quit. The minute I did, CPS was called and I was accused of:
Not feeding the kids, beating the kids, molesting the kids. Luckily, the kids were pretty honest and told them that they DID eat at my house, I never touched them and certainly did NOT ever molest them! The police did get involved and closed their investigation when neighbors actually came to MY defense and against theirs, Even former parents who didn't pay me in the past stepped up for me. What really came out is that the child's father (actually it's her stepdad) was doing things to her. Apparently there were witnesses, so he used all the things HE did to these kids to try to blame them on me and it backfired! During the investigation, they also lost all their pets because the oldest girl was living in filth, left home alone with mice and stuff on the counters. Over the year, I never knew it was that bad. They were also evicted from their home and moved to another city. Mom promised to leave dad and once she was away 6 months, they GAVE HER HER CHILDREN BACK! I saw them one day at walmart and I was amazed to see her with them. She got back with the mad who did those things to her kid! Several other providers called me (she'd given them my #, for what I don't know) and told me their concerns too. Then one day the kid ends up bleeding everywhere and taken to the hospital one town over from me. The babysitter said she didn't know what to do. I told her to report, then quit or she'd have accusations like I did. She didn't heed my warning. She got CPS called on her too. Apparently, EVERY provider these parents used had CPS called on them for something and so it really helped our investigation. But still, you have to be crazy!

And then after that, I got smarter, but that meant no one wanted me long term. They would promise long-term but not sign the contract, or promise and then quit. I started turning people away AT THE DOOR if they showed w/o my $$. I had parents tell their CHILDREN to be nasty to me because of how I "look". The parents before the lady who called the police reporting her kid "missing" said she hated me because I should have provided more activities for the older kids (hers is a 9yo child) but yet, I ran a preschool, NOT a school-age program. I always took the school-agers if they had a sibling in preschool, but didn't have as much for them to do because they weren't in my care enough. I still made it fun, but yes, it was set up like a preschool.

These vents are just the BIGGER of the stories that led into my quitting. There were many more issues that made me realize I had been abused LONG ENOUGH!

I will do an advice thread later and when I give that advice, you'll see WHY I give it from reading this small (albeit long) snippet of info.
Really, this post is still here? Besides the profanity and general crudeness of it, it mentions a persons real name, their location and very sensitive details about them. Sounds a bit like slander.

I'm really surprised this got past the mods. I think it should be taken down, or at the very least edited a little better.
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Really, this post is still here? Besides the profanity and general crudeness of it, it mentions a persons real name, their location and very sensitive details about them. Sounds a bit like slander.

I'm really surprised this got past the mods. I think it should be taken down, or at the very least edited a little better.
I PM'ed you
sharlan 05:15 AM 02-06-2012
Why is it that when I wake up early, my early morning guy shows up late? If I set the alarm clock for 5, he shows up early...........
sassysue 06:53 AM 02-06-2012
Why is it that when I wake up early, my early morning guy shows up late? If I set the alarm clock for 5, he shows up early...........
Don't you have scheduled drop off times? I wouldn't get up early for anyone.
If they are not here by 1/2 hour after their scheduled time,I call.If you are late more then a couple times a week,they get a new drop off time.
Did I already say-I don't get up early for anyone
sassysue 06:55 AM 02-06-2012
5 a.m? Too early! Don't you wish dayare hours could be 9a.m.-3p.m. That would be great!
MrsB 10:13 AM 02-06-2012
So a little background first...
I have a 3 yr old dc boy that has a significant speech delay and some other issues. He has several tests and his parents are refusing some therapies and tests because they dont want him labeled as "disabled". On a side note, I have alot of experience with ADHD, Aspergers, and Autisim and it is more than just being behind on his vocabulary. But anyway, the parents only need care on Thursdays but since I do a preschool curriculum and they wanted more structure for him they decided to put him in full time. I told them that I start curriculum at 9am so more often than not he is there around 9. This morning they show up at 1030am and the father says that the boy slept till 10am, and goes on about how wonderful it was to get stuff done and have a quiet morning while he slept. (When boy is awake he goes from thing to thing to thing and is absolutely exhausting. Very sweet kid though) Anyhow now boy doesnt want to take a nap cause he just woke up 2 hours ago and is throwing a complete fit and woke everyone else up! Now a bunch of cranky kids! Ugggh really! What a wonderful Monday.
momofboys 03:47 AM 02-07-2012
Grrrr. DCF arrives at 6:20ish most days. This morning as I am almost ready for the day DH pops his head in the bathroom & says DCF called & said they would be 45 min late today b/c the DCD has a dr's appt. There is no way in heck that DCD didn't know about this appt yesterday at his 4:45 pick-up time. No one makes dr appts at 6 in the morning & I highly doubt he called at or later than 5:00 pm to make an appt. Ughhh. I could have slept in until 6:30 instead of getting up at 5:45! How/would you address this? This family is not very organized & I am!
queenbee 05:59 AM 02-07-2012
Newly enrolled dcfamily came at 6:15am this morning - I open at 6:30. It wouldn't be bad if she didn't POUND on the door and wake up my entire household. Ugh!! I threw a towel on my head and opened the door pissed! DCM was completely shocked and embarrassed that she didn't know I didn't open til 6:30 and that she could have sworn DCD said I open at 6am. She tried taking the kids back to the car to wait but I quickly ushered the kids in and told mom goodbye.

I know she didn't mean to wake up my entire house, but they are still awake and grumpy now. Less sleep = not a happy family :-(
AfterSchoolMom 06:33 AM 02-07-2012
GRRRRRRR!!! The baby is still not feeling well, but not "sick" enough to exclude. He usually takes at least an hour and a half nap in the AM. He woke up coughing and now won't go back to sleep...and he only slept for 20 minutes. Now he's going to be cranky, will probably take his afternoon nap early, and will throw off my whole schedule today.
sahm2three 10:15 AM 02-07-2012
2.5 year old refuses to listen today. I have 3 in time out right now. There have been toys thrown thru the air, friends hit and pushed down, and on and on and on. Ugh. I can't wait for 5:00.
wahmof3 02:07 PM 02-08-2012
Why do these DCP think that we provider's are open 24/7 and sit around all day long to wait for them to arrive or depart??????

A dcf I keep schedule is changing. I was aware of this bc dcm attends school & needed to transfer to another college- 1 1/2 hours away. So that would be 3 hours per day of drive time!!!!! Well the kicker is she needs drop-off at 7am on some days & 6am on others. My business hours are 7:30am-4:30pm.

Thank you DCM for taking me into consideration when scheduling your classes!!!! I am not open at that time & will probably lose this dcf if I don't do it. I can't really afford to lose them. She doesn't care how it effects me bc she has a center where she can take them if I can't keep them.

I guess I will look to replace them, at least I have until the end of March.
sharlan 02:50 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
Why do these DCP think that we provider's are open 24/7 and sit around all day long to wait for them to arrive or depart??????

A dcf I keep schedule is changing. I was aware of this bc dcm attends school & needed to transfer to another college- 1 1/2 hours away. So that would be 3 hours per day of drive time!!!!! Well the kicker is she needs drop-off at 7am on some days & 6am on others. My business hours are 7:30am-4:30pm.

Thank you DCM for taking me into consideration when scheduling your classes!!!! I am not open at that time & will probably lose this dcf if I don't do it. I can't really afford to lose them. She doesn't care how it effects me bc she has a center where she can take them if I can't keep them.

I guess I will look to replace them, at least I have until the end of March.
Nothing against you, but, I really doubt any parent would be able to take your hours into consideration when scheduling classes. Classes are offered at certain times and students have no power over them. As we often say, the parents' problems are not ours. And in reverse, our problems are not theirs. If you cannot accomodate this parent's changes, then let them know so that they can find a provider who can.

My daughter often had to take early morning and late evening classes during the same semester because that was the only time the classes she needed were scheduled.
wahmof3 03:25 PM 02-08-2012
Nothing against you, but, I really doubt any parent would be able to take your hours into consideration when scheduling classes. Classes are offered at certain times and students have no power over them. As we often say, the parents' problems are not ours. And in reverse, our problems are not theirs. If you cannot accomodate this parent's changes, then let them know so that they can find a provider who can.

My daughter often had to take early morning and late evening classes during the same semester because that was the only time the classes she needed were scheduled.
I get what you say, but in the 5+ years I have done this I have had students, and never have had a scheduling conflict. My problem is she is choosing to drive 1 1/2 hours one way away, knowing that she will have a 3 hour drive time, it would have been nice if she would've talked to me before scheduling. When she first decided to transfer to this new college she told me her classes would be mid-morning to early afternoons. Which would work. But yes, I will probably have to give her notice because I won't be able to do it. And really, no matter how many times in the past I have told her my operating hours, she doesn't care- it won't effect her. She will just take them to the center she moved them from when she moved. So it doesn't effect her. So I vented & I will deal with it like I always do, yay me.
momma2girls 06:43 AM 02-09-2012
I have one family, who's little boy has been coughing terribly for over 2 weeks now- I tell the mom his cough is getting worse. She brings him cough syrup, for me to give him, if he needs it. Also has thick, green nasal drainage and has for a couple of days. I tell her, he is not allowed to come back til he sees a DR. She came the next am, I couldn't believe it!! She said I am sorry, but I am calling today to see if we can get in to the DR. She calls and is going to come and pick him up at 10:30 for an 11:00 appt.
She asks on the phone, if she can bring him back- I say "NO" I actually have it in my contract only one drop off and pick up per day anyway. She calls that evening, and says he is on an ATB, I will be bringing him back tomorrow. I say "he cannot return for 24 hrs. after starting the ATB- he didn't start it til 3:00 that afternoon!! UGHH!!!!! THe nerve of some parents!!!! UGHH!!!!! SO of course he is back today, he looks better, and sounds a little better. Let's hope the day goes well, or she will be receiving a phone call!! This little boy is a child that is SICK all the time!! It's getting very old!! He is transferring it all the time, to everyone else here in daycare, and my own children!!
mema 07:30 AM 02-10-2012
Drop in DCG comes in smelling horribly of perfume. Either she got into mom's bottle or was standing around mom when she was spraying, but boy is it strong. She's only been here an hour and my head already hurts. I can usually take some smell, but man oh man is this stuff strong. She is currently in someone else spare t-shirt since mom didn't pack spare clothes and her stuff is in the wash-coat and all. She also came with her bottle this morning (she's 2)-that went directly to her bag. Happy Friday-hoping the headache doesn't get worse-not the way I want to start my weekend.
greenhouse 12:21 PM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by mema:
Drop in DCG comes in smelling horribly of perfume. Either she got into mom's bottle or was standing around mom when she was spraying, but boy is it strong. She's only been here an hour and my head already hurts. I can usually take some smell, but man oh man is this stuff strong. She is currently in someone else spare t-shirt since mom didn't pack spare clothes and her stuff is in the wash-coat and all. She also came with her bottle this morning (she's 2)-that went directly to her bag. Happy Friday-hoping the headache doesn't get worse-not the way I want to start my weekend.
I hate perfume and cologne. Hubby and I got tickets to a show- out first night out in a year, and the man sitting next to me for two hours reeked of cologne. I had such a headache when we left.
LittleD 06:43 AM 02-15-2012
So yesterday, I get a text saying that M.'s cough was really bad last night, and that she may stay home that day, she's really phlemy. 10 mins later:

I get another text that if she stops coughing she'll bring M in 1.5 or 2 hrs from the time of the text. I say ok, keep me posted. 2 hrs 45 mins go by (almost lunch)

I get a text saying "M had a little laydown and seems good to go, I can drop M off shortly and pick up at 4 so I can get get my errands runs." Now I don't answer because I am kind of upset that M had a nap and then is being dumped on me because even tho the child isn't feeling well, Mom decides errands need to be run.

10 mins after the text, mom comes waltzing in! I hadn't even responded! I inquire about the nap, and she says "Oh I don't know if she slept, I was in the bathroom getting ready. M was laying down with a bottle, blankie and soother."(all of which M has gotten rid of here!) M has a soother when mom comes in (so the child doesn't cry because M is feeling unwell???)

20 mins later, M has an explosive poop that not only went throu the diaper, and pants, but all over the floor!! OMG, I was soooooo mad! I texted mom to let her know one more poop like that and she has to pick M up. Mom says ok let me know!

fast forward 45 mins (30 mins past reg nap time as I'm running steam cleaner ) M is 1st to fall asleep Mom texts saying ""I'm gonna cme get M now."" I reply I just laid them down, M might even be sleeping. ""ok" mom says "I'll get M at 3" regular pick up is 4pm But I'm thinking if M is awake, fine come now, one less cranky kid to handle!

I go and check, Yep, asleep, but oops I just woke the baby So I tell mom and she says ""text me when M is up, I'll come then" Arrg ok fine! Give M a chance to do the valentine craft that was missed this morning.

They wake up late (fell asleep late) does the craft, was going to text mom just before snack, but oh look! Who's at the door?

I say I was going to text you soon, just wanted M to have a chance to do the craft. Mom says Öh I realized how late it was(3:30), we have a basketball game to go to at 4pm.

I was thrown off my whole day schedule because of this mom, being all wishy washy allllll day! Still waiting to see if she is bringing M today

Sorry so long, but I was so upset over this! Oh, and today, the 2 oldest boys thought it would be funny to 'hide' from the bus, well it worked! The bus drove riiiiiight past! Luckily my oldest son was still here, he walked them to school!
Hunni Bee 05:43 PM 02-15-2012
So there's a tummy bug going around, apparently. Yesterday, one of 4 year olds who's in pre-k had a poop accident in his underwear. He still does this on occasion, but when I peeked at it, it was diarrhea. He also has no extra clothes and I've sent all my extra clothes for boys home on him, only to see him wearing them later like they are his own clothing.

He proceeds to tell me he threw up twice the day before at home and had diarrhea.

So I only have a girl's pullup and girl's pants to put on him. I call Mom's cell, no answer. Dad's cell, no answer. Mom's job, its a coporate number and I don't kow her extension. He didn't seem to feel bad, and had an appetite, so I gave it up. I sent home a paper saying if any child had vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours, they need to stay home. I filled out a sick sheet for him, saying he needed to stay out til Thursday and he MUST bring a set of extra clothes.

Fast forward to this afternoon. Mom calls me upteen times from her work number (oh now it works!) but I didn't hear it, I was doing lunch. And of course I can't call her back. At 2:25 the van driver informs me that she was instructed to pick up dcb as usual by the Director. The mom, after not reaching me, called the director with some sob story about not being able to pick him up from school and could he please come, despite having had diarrhea on himself the day before. And my Director allowed it.

Just another foot in my behind pushing me out the door. She acts like she trusts our judgement to do the right things for the best interest of the children, but overrides us at the drop of a hat to please a pissy parent. Ugh.
SilverSabre25 05:34 AM 02-16-2012
I am so tired. So very, very tired.

My wrist hurts and that's making it difficult to do my job.

Everyone is fighting this morning.

I just want to crawl back into bed. Or have a day of being responsible for no one and nothing but myself...that would be brilliant.
wahmof3 07:08 AM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I am so tired. So very, very tired.

My wrist hurts and that's making it difficult to do my job.

Everyone is fighting this morning.

I just want to crawl back into bed. Or have a day of being responsible for no one and nothing but myself...that would be brilliant.
Sounds like my house today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrsB 05:16 AM 02-17-2012
So I him-hawed about whether to close today or not and decided I didnt want to leave anyone without care so......

I am trying to look on the brightside that it is a 3 day weekend, but ALL the kids must have stayed up all night! Bad moods every where I turn, including me.

My guess, kids didnt have a normal bedtime last night cause none of my parents went to work this morning. I really dont mind watching kids when the parents dont work, but get peeved when they dont follow the kids normal schedule and pass them off to me all discombobulated (sp?), grumpy, or overslept.

Here's to hoping they all take really good naps!
RPrunell 09:02 AM 02-17-2012
1 year old came to dc today without a diaper bag. Why did I let the mom drop off her kid without a diaper bag?
trish1980 02:48 PM 02-17-2012
I have had a child in my care for 3 months now. He is almost 3 years old. He is affecting the other children in my care. He is very abusive to me and to them and screams and cries all day. Mom was recently approached by his previous caregiver about him possibly having a problem. He is in the process of being tested for autism. Mom dropped him off this morning and made the comment that I was very good at concealing his behavior from her. I am very upset by this statement because I feel I have told her every time there was an issue. I did not come right out and say I think he is autistic. At first I thought he had seperation anxiety and was willing to work through it. It has become far more than I can handle and I have other children in my care to consider. I have included a list of the behavior issues for comment. I must give them notice. I do not know where to begin. I feel I have to be very careful with this situation. I desperately need help composing my termination letter.

In the morning when he is dropped off he cries and screams. This isn't all the time, but it happens a lot. Most children only had separation anxiety for the first couple of days or weeks. It has been months for him.

Leaving to go home in the evening is a tough transition too. He cries and whines and wants to be carried. I have begun to wonder if it is because he doesn't want to walk down stairs for fear of falling.

When I am preparing meals he sits at the table and watches me. I tell him to go play and he repeats me go play. He runs to look at other children and then quickly runs back to table. Almost like he forgot what he was doing. If he has to sit in another chair other than the one he is used to, he throws a tantrum and cries. I've noticed that he throws his plate on the floor, but only if there are peas on it. Peas seem to trigger something he doesn't like. Sometimes when he is eating his body shakes. I have only noticed it when we are sitting down not standing or playing. When I wash his face with a washcloth after meals he screams and pinches my arm. I do it as gentle as
possible and he still does not like his face touched. Recently he has started to spit his food out. I haven't noticed it being a specific food.

He has a hard time with any transition (cleaning up, moving on to a new activity, parents coming) anything that is different. When we transition to anything he screams, cries and whines. Any change for him causes great fear. If he does not want to do something, he hits whatever is close to him. He hits the table in a demanding manner or the nearest friend.

I recently rearranged the playroom and I could not get him to go in it. It took a lot of encouragement and he can finally play in there. When parents come to pick up their children he holds his right hand over his forehead and begins to shake and sometimes closes his eyes or rolls them back into his head.

Going potty is hit or miss with him. Some days he is great and cooperative and other days he screams and cries when I take him to the bathroom. He has not ever told me he needs to go or expressed feelings about it. I change all diapers with gloves and he is really afraid of them. The entire time I am changing him he cries, fights, kicks, wiggles and does not take his eyes off of the gloves. He has a look of fear on his face. I have tried changing without the gloves and he still fights and kicks and moves without the crying and fear of the gloves.

He does not engage with other children and isolates himself almost 100% of the time.

He is very attached to certain toys and stuffed animals. He walks around with the same item in his hand all day. I've noticed that he has started talking to the stuffed animal. You cannot understand what he is saying when he is talking to it.

He seems to have irritable bowel. Some days his poop is almost diarrhea and up to five times a day.

Repeats only what you say and cannot express his own feelings.

Repeats the same sentence or words several times even if I have responded already.

Does not remember that an action is wrong even though he has sat in time out for the same action several times.

He seems very clumsy. He is always falling. When we are outside playing he seems very confused. I have to direct him to the slide in order for him to play. And he stays on the slide until I move him to another toy. He has a hard time making his own decision to play with something different. Going up and down the stairs is very hard for him and he almost always has to be carried up or down. If I do not carry him he stands at the top or bottom of the stairs and screams.

It is very hard to get through to him. He seems to look at you but right through you.

He is very smart when it comes to letters, numbers and music. He is drawn to any toy that involves these 3 things and far surpasses the other children his age when it comes to knowing his letters, sounds and numbers.
SilverSabre25 12:47 PM 02-22-2012
Dear DCB,

I know that you are only three years old...

but really, just because you want to play with [cars] and dcg is playing with [Legos], does NOT mean that dcg has to put away the Legos YOU are NOT playing with!!! Go play with cars; let her be in her own space playing with Legos. You can do whatever you want...unless it interferes with the happy playing of someone else.

Kthx.
SilverSabre25 12:52 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by trish1980:
I have had a child in my care for 3 months now. He is almost 3 years old. He is affecting the other children in my care. He is very abusive to me and to them and screams and cries all day. Mom was recently approached by his previous caregiver about him possibly having a problem. He is in the process of being tested for autism. Mom dropped him off this morning and made the comment that I was very good at concealing his behavior from her. I am very upset by this statement because I feel I have told her every time there was an issue. I did not come right out and say I think he is autistic. At first I thought he had seperation anxiety and was willing to work through it. It has become far more than I can handle and I have other children in my care to consider. I have included a list of the behavior issues for comment. I must give them notice. I do not know where to begin. I feel I have to be very careful with this situation. I desperately need help composing my termination letter.

In the morning when he is dropped off he cries and screams. This isn't all the time, but it happens a lot. Most children only had separation anxiety for the first couple of days or weeks. It has been months for him.

Leaving to go home in the evening is a tough transition too. He cries and whines and wants to be carried. I have begun to wonder if it is because he doesn't want to walk down stairs for fear of falling.

When I am preparing meals he sits at the table and watches me. I tell him to go play and he repeats me go play. He runs to look at other children and then quickly runs back to table. Almost like he forgot what he was doing. If he has to sit in another chair other than the one he is used to, he throws a tantrum and cries. I've noticed that he throws his plate on the floor, but only if there are peas on it. Peas seem to trigger something he doesn't like. Sometimes when he is eating his body shakes. I have only noticed it when we are sitting down not standing or playing. When I wash his face with a washcloth after meals he screams and pinches my arm. I do it as gentle as
possible and he still does not like his face touched. Recently he has started to spit his food out. I haven't noticed it being a specific food.

He has a hard time with any transition (cleaning up, moving on to a new activity, parents coming) anything that is different. When we transition to anything he screams, cries and whines. Any change for him causes great fear. If he does not want to do something, he hits whatever is close to him. He hits the table in a demanding manner or the nearest friend.

I recently rearranged the playroom and I could not get him to go in it. It took a lot of encouragement and he can finally play in there. When parents come to pick up their children he holds his right hand over his forehead and begins to shake and sometimes closes his eyes or rolls them back into his head.

Going potty is hit or miss with him. Some days he is great and cooperative and other days he screams and cries when I take him to the bathroom. He has not ever told me he needs to go or expressed feelings about it. I change all diapers with gloves and he is really afraid of them. The entire time I am changing him he cries, fights, kicks, wiggles and does not take his eyes off of the gloves. He has a look of fear on his face. I have tried changing without the gloves and he still fights and kicks and moves without the crying and fear of the gloves.

He does not engage with other children and isolates himself almost 100% of the time.

He is very attached to certain toys and stuffed animals. He walks around with the same item in his hand all day. I've noticed that he has started talking to the stuffed animal. You cannot understand what he is saying when he is talking to it.

He seems to have irritable bowel. Some days his poop is almost diarrhea and up to five times a day.

Repeats only what you say and cannot express his own feelings.

Repeats the same sentence or words several times even if I have responded already.

Does not remember that an action is wrong even though he has sat in time out for the same action several times.

He seems very clumsy. He is always falling. When we are outside playing he seems very confused. I have to direct him to the slide in order for him to play. And he stays on the slide until I move him to another toy. He has a hard time making his own decision to play with something different. Going up and down the stairs is very hard for him and he almost always has to be carried up or down. If I do not carry him he stands at the top or bottom of the stairs and screams.

It is very hard to get through to him. He seems to look at you but right through you.

He is very smart when it comes to letters, numbers and music. He is drawn to any toy that involves these 3 things and far surpasses the other children his age when it comes to knowing his letters, sounds and numbers.
I wonder if you meant to post this as it's own thread. I can do that for you if you meant to.

The best termination letters are simple; "As of [date] I will no longer be able to provide services" kind of things.

As far as dcb, I think autism is probably right on the money. It's good that he's already in evaluations for it. If you truly feel that you are not equipped to handle his issues, then by all means terminate him.

Good luck.
Blackcat31 01:34 PM 02-22-2012
I wonder if you meant to post this as it's own thread. I can do that for you if you meant to.

The best termination letters are simple; "As of [date] I will no longer be able to provide services" kind of things.

As far as dcb, I think autism is probably right on the money. It's good that he's already in evaluations for it. If you truly feel that you are not equipped to handle his issues, then by all means terminate him.

Good luck.
She did actually post as a separate thread a few hours before she posted the same thing as a vent. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...373#post198373

momma2girls 04:24 PM 02-22-2012
Well today a 6 month old baby came to my daycare, sounding awful!! She has been gradually getting worse and worse. I have told the Mom at pick up, how she has been all week, and getting worse. THis am sounded horrible. She is in a good mood, just sounds terrible, coughing and even breathing. I let her take naps, here and got worse throughout the day. Is in a great mood, but has been all week, and still sleeping great. I listened to her lungs after her afternoon nap, and sound bad. I let the Mom know, and told her, she really needs to be seen by the DR. Her Mom can't talk herself, hasn't been able to all week. So she tells me today, that she took the day off today, because she wouldn't be able to talk to her students. OMG!! I couldn't believe it!! If I would have known she was sitting at home all dang day, I would have called her and told she needs to take her to the DR. I am worried about RSV with her. I have a little 2 yr old of my own, plus 3 other daycare children, that she just infected. I tried my hardest to keep her away from everyone today!!! I had to keep my mouth closed when she told me she was home all day!! Well she will not be returning tomorrow needless to say, and if the DR. has her on an antibiotic, she will not be returning til next week. We will see. I am so mad right now!! WOW!!! I hope my own children and myself do not get it!!
sharlan 04:40 PM 02-22-2012
I just walked out to my garage and found my sil having a cigarette!

#1 He knows it's illegal, I make my niece smoke in her car across the street. #2 I've never seen him with a cigarette in over 10 years.

I found one in the flower bed yesterday and wondered where it came from, now I know. I am not too happy with him right now.
Meyou 03:57 AM 02-27-2012
I only have 4 days left with my problem family before their termination date which is great. But seeing Dad in my driveway waiting for me to open AGAIN to drop off the kids when I know Mom is at home sleeping really got to me this morning.

Only 4 more days...I can do anything for 4 days. I can even bite my tongue for 4 more days.
MrsB 05:21 AM 02-28-2012
Last night was a rough night! Both of my DD are sick (ages 16 mos and 6 yrs) and took turns most of the night keeping me up. I think I got maybe 2 hours of sleep.

I am just praying that since I am so tired it doesnt drop my immune system so I get this nasty cold too.

Hopefully my group of little tigers will take it easy on me. I am feeling a bit like an injured antelope. Injured antelope doesnt doesnt usually fare well with tigers, but I will find the strength somewhere. I usually do.
Springdaze 06:46 AM 02-29-2012
Love to see this on my DCP facebook status, especially when she cant even pay her 40 a week copay for 2 kids!

home on my day off... just waiting to get my tattoo done by *********later today so excited and then off to spend some quality me time
VTMom 07:34 AM 03-01-2012
Only day 4 or a 6 day school vacation. I'm going to have a nervous breakdown! DCB who has been a challenge from day 1 (he was here for a year and a half before going to summer camp and then school) is here on winter break (kindergartener) and I'm ready to lose it! He still takes 80% of my energy/attention with his fits, hitting, screaming, etc. This has been the longest week of my life! Next Wednesday will feel like heaven!!!

...and release...
greenhouse 03:21 PM 03-01-2012
What happened to my sweet baby who never cried- he turned two and reciveved his tantrum papers. Holy cow! I am exhausted. Thank goodness it's 6:15 and he's gone to bed.
AfterSchoolMom 04:53 AM 03-05-2012
Early drop off + nonpayment = Monday.
momofboys 04:58 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Early drop off + nonpayment = Monday.
Bad way to start the work week!
AfterSchoolMom 04:59 AM 03-05-2012
Tell me about it! I let it go this time because this is a normally GREAT family. However, they will not be attending tomorrow without a check.
SilverSabre25 05:34 AM 03-05-2012
DH had to leave for work early and when he got me up I found that I am horribly dizzy...almost can't walk, very hard to function dizzy. It sucks. His sympathy? Next to zero. Grrreat...two babies and two older dcks and I am so very dizzy. Not sure what to do except try not to move very much.

AND 6 mo dcb was circumcised on Friday and I of course have to deal with the "aftermath" of it...I guess it's mostly just putting a cream on him at every diaper change but I *asked* last week what I would have to do to care for it and they said nothing, that he was supposed to be fine by today! I feel lied to and I don't like it. I have exactly ZERO experience with circumcision care and told them that. *sigh* poor baby.

Dcd is all "oh it's awful, it made me wince in pain" and I'm all, "DUDE you CHOSE to do this to your child! How DARE you say that when you CHOSE to inflict this pain on him to 'give him a pretty penis'?" Yes, that's a direct quote...ugh. I had regained a modicum of respect for these parents when I saw that dcb was uncirc'd, but nope, not anymore! He just wasn't "done" at birth for medical reasons.
Unregistered 05:50 AM 03-05-2012
Wow!!!! Judgemental much? I don't think it's ANY of your business if people choose to circumcise their children.If you can't care for him then please don't!

Dcd is all "oh it's awful, it made me wince in pain" and I'm all, "DUDE you CHOSE to do this to your child! How DARE you say that when you CHOSE to inflict this pain on him to 'give him a pretty penis'?" Yes, that's a direct quote...ugh. I had regained a modicum of respect for these parents when I saw that dcb was uncirc'd, but nope, not anymore! He just wasn't "done" at birth for medical reasons.[/quote]
SilverSabre25 06:10 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow!!!! Judgemental much? I don't think it's ANY of your business if people choose to circumcise their children.If you can't care for him then please don't!

Dcd is all "oh it's awful, it made me wince in pain" and I'm all, "DUDE you CHOSE to do this to your child! How DARE you say that when you CHOSE to inflict this pain on him to 'give him a pretty penis'?" Yes, that's a direct quote...ugh. I had regained a modicum of respect for these parents when I saw that dcb was uncirc'd, but nope, not anymore! He just wasn't "done" at birth for medical reasons.
Well...yes...I am judging them for this one! They chose to circumcise their son and are complaining to me about how he's "sore" and how it "looks awful" when they made the CHOICE to cause him this pain! Circumcision is a choice and they made it, I don't think they should be complaining to me about it!

I am caring for the child, I don't mind that...I DO mind not being warned (when I asked directly) that he's screaming bloody murder at diaper changes, needs this antibiotic cream put on which makes him scream *even more* and that he scream at other random times during the day for no apparent reason but are probably related to his poor sore little boy bits!

I don't judge them for their choice even though I do NOT agree with either the choice or their reasons (And I have a son of my own tyvm, so it's not like I have no clue..I also have three nephews...)...I am judging them for complaining about their choice and seeing their choice as such an inconvenience and imposition to them! "Ugh it was an awful weekend, he screamed soooo much"

This is a venting thread. I'm venting. Get over it. It doesn't affect my care of the poor kid, for goodness sake! I'm giving him extra cuddles and snuggles and apologizing for all the pain. I suppose that's wrong, huh?
greenhouse 08:43 AM 03-05-2012

Well...yes...I am judging them for this one! They chose to circumcise their son and are complaining to me about how he's "sore" and how it "looks awful" when they made the CHOICE to cause him this pain! Circumcision is a choice and they made it, I don't think they should be complaining to me about it!

I am caring for the child, I don't mind that...I DO mind not being warned (when I asked directly) that he's screaming bloody murder at diaper changes, needs this antibiotic cream put on which makes him scream *even more* and that he scream at other random times during the day for no apparent reason but are probably related to his poor sore little boy bits!

I don't judge them for their choice even though I do NOT agree with either the choice or their reasons (And I have a son of my own tyvm, so it's not like I have no clue..I also have three nephews...)...I am judging them for complaining about their choice and seeing their choice as such an inconvenience and imposition to them! "Ugh it was an awful weekend, he screamed soooo much"

This is a venting thread. I'm venting. Get over it. It doesn't affect my care of the poor kid, for goodness sake! I'm giving him extra cuddles and snuggles and apologizing for all the pain. I suppose that's wrong, huh?
!!
AmyLeigh 07:52 AM 03-07-2012
Now is not the time for me to be so stressed!!!
DH is working long hours, with more accounts coming on his route. That's good for the pocketbook, bad for his energy levels. Our children act up more when they don't get much Daddy time.
We are spending any and almost all free time helping out with building our new church. That should only last through the middle of April at the longest. So worthwhile I know, but again...time is stretched.
I have pretty much decided to remove my 2 kids out of the virtual academy and do hs'ing independently, so I have been trying to muddle through all the curriculum choices. There are soooo many choices.
And 2 dcb's have been acting up worse than ever. If I can get through the summer with them, then mom will have to find care for them after school starts.
I really need some quiet time to sort through all of the thoughts that are running circles in my head. I can't seem to get a grip on any one thing...ugghh hate ADD.
At least our family vacation is coming up soon....day spa...beach....Here I come!
DaycareMama 11:33 AM 03-07-2012
Never ever hire family to work for you. Such a flippin nightmare!! I have never met a person so useless. Now to figure out how to fix this problem ....
mema 06:43 PM 03-07-2012
I am soooooo glad today is over. 5 year old asked to use the restroom. I asked him if he could wait a few minutes. He said yes. Few minutes later I asked if he still had to go, nope. Ok. Just before rest time I asked him to go. He was taking awhile. Comes out with poop on the back of his pants, shirt and socks. I asked him to stop and get back in the bathroom. There was poop EVERYWHERE Apparently earlier he didn't have to go anymore because he used his underware instead of the toilet I told him next time if he can't wait to say something. so I spent 1/2 of rest time cleaning the bathroom and the carpet where he walked out in his poopy socks. While this is going on the 1 1/2 year old is screaming in his pnp because he didn't want to nap.
SilverSabre25 11:42 AM 03-12-2012
Dumb husband.

Dumb, dumb, DUMB husband.

He had an hour for lunch so he came home today. I am exhausted from getting 3 hours or less sleep each night for the past three/four days and so before he left to go back to work he went downstairs to get the wakey baby for me. Baby naps in the same room with the rest of the dcks.

Well, DH (D does NOT equal DEAR here!) turned off the white noise!!!

NINCOMPOOP!!!!!

I didn't realize it until ten minutes later when my three dck were running shrieking out of the naproom, only HALFWAY through nap!!!

I went down stairs and I admit, yelled a little bit, making them go lay back down. I am SO tired and really needed a break today...not that I get much of one with DS barely napping and dcbaby just woken up but they are still easier than three LOUD preschoolers.

I called DH and burst into tears. He said, "Oh I'm sorry, I completely spaced out on that!" and then said he needed to go. Jerk. I know there's nothing he can do but still...HE doesn't have to suffer the consequences of his stupidity, AS USUAL. I am ALWAYS the one that gets to suffer from whatever new STUPID thing he's come up with to do.
sahm2three 12:55 PM 03-13-2012
Colicky baby won't sleep, and cries like he is on fire the entire time he is awake. He is 5 months old. He needs to sleep. He slept about 10 mins this morning, and hasn't slept this afternoon. The kids walk around with their hands on their ears. They always ask why he cries all the time. One of the 1 year olds won't sleep either. It has been a rough day. I am ready for 5:00 to come!
sahm2three 03:20 PM 03-13-2012
In addition to the above vent, here is my afternoon so far: one of the 2 year olds has refused to play in the play area since nap got over and is screaming bloody murder (he is my screamer who I have had since he was 4.5 months old and was super duper colicky). One of the 1 yo's started crying about a half hour after nap and snack was over, and is back in bed. OMG. I would have bet money THIS week was the full moon! Holy crap!
momma2girls 03:36 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
In addition to the above vent, here is my afternoon so far: one of the 2 year olds has refused to play in the play area since nap got over and is screaming bloody murder (he is my screamer who I have had since he was 4.5 months old and was super duper colicky). One of the 1 yo's started crying about a half hour after nap and snack was over, and is back in bed. OMG. I would have bet money THIS week was the full moon! Holy crap!
WOW!! I feel badly for you!! In all my yrs. of providing daycare, I have tried to keep about 5 colicky babies. One made it thru it about 2-3 months, and the other ones all over 5 months. I only kept the one baby, and I had to terminate the others. To me, even waiting 2-3 months, is WAY TOO long to deal with a colicky baby!! UGHH!!!! No matter how patient and kind of a person you are, it really takes a HUGE toll on you!!!
sahm2three 04:44 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
WOW!! I feel badly for you!! In all my yrs. of providing daycare, I have tried to keep about 5 colicky babies. One made it thru it about 2-3 months, and the other ones all over 5 months. I only kept the one baby, and I had to terminate the others. To me, even waiting 2-3 months, is WAY TOO long to deal with a colicky baby!! UGHH!!!! No matter how patient and kind of a person you are, it really takes a HUGE toll on you!!!
My middle son was VERY colicky, and his lasted until he was 1. Then he was high needs. My husband says I get all the kids that would be beaten elsewhere! LOL! My son being so colicky gave me a HUGE amount of patience, so I am thankful for that. But I think I DESERVE a good happy baby! It was a terrible day today. One of the worst I have had in a LONG time! So glad the day is over!
momma2girls 10:52 AM 03-14-2012
My middle son was VERY colicky, and his lasted until he was 1. Then he was high needs. My husband says I get all the kids that would be beaten elsewhere! LOL! My son being so colicky gave me a HUGE amount of patience, so I am thankful for that. But I think I DESERVE a good happy baby! It was a terrible day today. One of the worst I have had in a LONG time! So glad the day is over!
I also had one daycare boy that was a yr. and just getting over it, when I moved- UGHH!!!
rhondawarren 08:21 AM 03-15-2012
Well .... Let's see

I have had a week in my child care business that I was sure I was being punked! I had a couple of Child Care spots available. I filled two of those spots with a family with two childrens last week. The kids start and the little girl is running around the house talking about her mommy taking her to see her hooter girl friends at work. So apparently ... I am babysitting for a hooter girl. I was unaware of this until she picked up her children (in front of my own children) half dressed. I wasnt impressed.

Anyways ... So she brings her children on Monday and drops them off. I request the payment to be made the first day of drop off. Thinking it was in the bag I didnt mentian it. So she leaves. I have to ask her to pay me ... I mean you dont forget to drop off your kids but you forget to pay me as if I am doing this simply for the fun of it =) I told her from now on she needs to have the payment in my hand before she leaves them on the first day.

Then .... I am watching an infant. Well ... I just started watching him four days a week this week instead of the normal 2 days a week. His mom brings him in this week and says ... Oh yeah I forgot to stop and get him formula so can you just give him some of your milk and I will just get you more milk. I said fine. Thinking he had babyfood ... Nope. He had nothing to eat. Thankfully I had applesauce because none of my children are young enough for baby food. Well the next day she comes in with a gallon of milk and I said you didnt have to do that thinking she bought the milk to replace the milk that he had used the day before from our milk. She said oh well I still didnt stop for formula so here is some milk. She says oh yeah ... I put a little oatmeal in this bowl and thats it. The poor baby!
Im thinking how ... how in the world do you forget your childs food? I mean really ...

Im actually in the process of replacing him. Then I will no longer be accepting infants.

Needless to say ........ I am pretty sure that I am being punked!
AfterSchoolMom 08:12 AM 03-16-2012
Oh, yes, I can't WAIT to babysit your 3 year old and 18 month old at the end of the day on a Friday as a favor to you for no money. Especially when you just spent twenty minutes ranting because your youngest is cranky and won't nap.
rhondawarren 08:25 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Oh, yes, I can't WAIT to babysit your 3 year old and 18 month old at the end of the day on a Friday as a favor to you for no money. Especially when you just spent twenty minutes ranting because your youngest is cranky and won't nap.

LOL To funny!
sahm2three 08:13 AM 03-20-2012
I am irritated. Assistant showing up whenever the heck she feels like it, parents leaving their kids here for 9 to 10 hours a day on their day off, and then they complain they never see their kids and expect me to be sympathetic. one year old came this morning super grouchy (and haven't been putting him down for morning nap or he doesn't sleep at all in the afternoon), and he is crawling around crying and lying on the floor. Took temp, it is 99.5. Of course mom says it is teeth. In other words, it is my job to deal with it, not hers. I am tired of shoddy parenting. I am tired of having to pick up the slack. If you don't want to deal with your kids, DON'T HAVE THEM!!!! Kids get sick, it is YOUR job to take care of them. It is YOUR job to teach them how to be responsible human beings. NOT MINE. I am so worn out. I need a vacation. But that wouldn't solve anything. I would come back and it would be the same garbage. Wish I knew what the solution was. I could really love this job, if it weren't for the parents.....
rhondawarren 04:42 AM 03-21-2012
I thought I would come by and vent before I started my work day today lol.

I started watching this family about three weeks ago. They have a two year old and a four year old. I really hadnt gone through my rates to know what I really should be charging so my rates were set way to low (until now that I have decided to definately change them). So this family started and they arent paying near enough, they have two children and I agreed to watch them two days a week later than my normal closing time. They are full time but there dad "would be picking them up two days a week at 6:20p" and the mom would get them at 5p or 5:30p on the other days. Well now it is that the dad gets them more than the two days a week at 6:20p and when the mom does come to get them she comes when she feels like it most days around 6pm. She has already told me that her shift ends at 4:30p previously.

Anyways .... thats not my biggest vent. The oldest is the little girl. She is 4. Well she is suppose to be potty trained. She doesnt wear a pull up or anything and goes #1 fine. But ... she will not use #2 unless its in her pants. Twice since she has been in my care she has done #2 and both times ... it was in her pants! The first time it happened I called them and the dad said to just clean her up and put her in a diaper. He said she does this all of the time at home. I was like .... ummm really? I thought she was potty trained. So now I have not only charged a rate way to low but I had also given them a discounted rate for the second child (yes ... the one pooping in her pants).

Just had to vent this morning =) I feel better now!

Oh yeah ... they do not bring her a change of clothes either. So yesterday I had to let her wear some of my daughters clothes just so the poor child would have something clean to wear!
rhondawarren 10:36 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by hoopinglady:
I am struck by the absurdity that I actually have to enforce the need to send your child in shoes and pants.

sigh.

i have ten children this week. 2 of which are extremely energetic school agers on break from school (siblings). The 7 year old poops his pants. His parents sent him in a diaper yesterday.

the (no pants/shoes) toddler is sleepy and aggressive..just walk around smacking and biting unless I am right on top of him. Poor little guy.

It's raining outside and we are stuck in the house. I tried marching them around the room and doing some organized movement and it seemed to calm them down for about five minutes. They are climbing the walls.

I've been ill and fighting a cold for over a week. My head is full of snot and I am just drained.

Ok.....back to it.
It's pretty sad isnt it. I do not understand some parents.

I have a four year old and a two year old and the four year old little girl was suppose to be potty trained well .... she pees in the potty fine. But ... she refuses to wipe and she poops in her pants. She will not poop in the potty.

Both her and her brother walk around the house picking their noses and eating their bugars ALL day long. It totally grosses me out not only that it is disgusting for them to be doing it but they are also putting their hands on all the things in my home and if I was going to try to keep their hands clean then well ... we would simply have to stand at the sink ALL day long washing their hands because they have their finger up their nose more than not. Since they started I have definately increases the soap usage!

Today ... the youngest out of those has been shoving everybody down all day, trying to go upstairs when he isnt suppose to, he tore my pantry door off of the hinges, stuck his hand in a birthday cake that we made for my neice, rolled almost a roll of toilet paper into the toilet and tore off some sealent on our backdoor. Im thinking ....... I am seriously like OMG today.

I am really thinking that this family may need to be replaced soon!
rhondawarren 10:54 AM 03-22-2012
I am really beginning to think that this new family I have taken on may have to be replaced. It has been a week and a half already with them!

They are brother and sister. The little girl is four and the boy is two. Well the little girl was suppose to be potty trained. They send her in panties, not a pull up. She goes to the bathroom #1 fine. But if she has to do #2 then she does it in her pants. She done it last week once and I thought it was just an accident. Well ... Tuesday she does it again. She had poop all over the place. She sat down in a corner on my floor and pooped her pants. She pooped in my floor and all over her clothes.

The first time it happened I called her parents and the mom of course was to busy to answer. So the dad answered his phone when I called. He said oh ... just clean her up and put one of her brothers diapers on her. She does this sometimes at home too.

Well the last time she had a dress on so when I took her dress off she got poop all in her hair, all up her back and on everything I own just about. So I had to shower her.

When the dad got here I told him that she pooped and I had to shower her and clean up all of the poop. He acted like ok no biggie. He comes in the next day and says ... Oh yeah I put her an extra pair of panties in their bag incase she does it again. I was thinking .... I do not want to have to clean up poop in her panties everytime she needs to use #2.

So thats one issue ....

Now the youngest hahahahaha he's a whole new story. Just this week he dug his hands into a cake my ten year old daughter made for her cousins birthday. So we no longer had a birthday cake for my neice. He has peeled the seal off of our back door, he rolled off a half a roll of toilet paper and put it into the toilet, he tore our pantry door off of the tracks, seriously!! Im not even kidding!

Not to mentian ... they both pick their noses ALL day long and eat it. That totally grosses me out. They have their fingers up their noses most of the day.

The youngest doesnt listen AT ALL. He will not sit in time out. He runs upstairs when they know they arent suppose to be going upstairs.

Their mom and dad are going through a divorce so the mom picks them up sometimes and the dad picks them up sometimes. When we had our interview the mom said ... the dad would only be picking them up two nights a week and that day would they be able to stay until 6:15p and then the other days she would get them at 5pm or 5:30p and they would be dropped off around 9:30a or 10am in the morning. So I gave them a discounted rate.

Well now .... the dad has brought them and picked them up every single day this week. This morning they got here at 7:50am and they are being picked up every night after 6pm ... almost 6:30p.

Its been a TOTAL nightmare this week! I seriously didnt charge enough for this family! I am thinking I should really replace them totally.
momma2girls 11:07 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
I am really beginning to think that this new family I have taken on may have to be replaced. It has been a week and a half already with them!

They are brother and sister. The little girl is four and the boy is two. Well the little girl was suppose to be potty trained. They send her in panties, not a pull up. She goes to the bathroom #1 fine. But if she has to do #2 then she does it in her pants. She done it last week once and I thought it was just an accident. Well ... Tuesday she does it again. She had poop all over the place. She sat down in a corner on my floor and pooped her pants. She pooped in my floor and all over her clothes.

The first time it happened I called her parents and the mom of course was to busy to answer. So the dad answered his phone when I called. He said oh ... just clean her up and put one of her brothers diapers on her. She does this sometimes at home too.

Well the last time she had a dress on so when I took her dress off she got poop all in her hair, all up her back and on everything I own just about. So I had to shower her.

When the dad got here I told him that she pooped and I had to shower her and clean up all of the poop. He acted like ok no biggie. He comes in the next day and says ... Oh yeah I put her an extra pair of panties in their bag incase she does it again. I was thinking .... I do not want to have to clean up poop in her panties everytime she needs to use #2.

So thats one issue ....

Now the youngest hahahahaha he's a whole new story. Just this week he dug his hands into a cake my ten year old daughter made for her cousins birthday. So we no longer had a birthday cake for my neice. He has peeled the seal off of our back door, he rolled off a half a roll of toilet paper and put it into the toilet, he tore our pantry door off of the tracks, seriously!! Im not even kidding!

Not to mentian ... they both pick their noses ALL day long and eat it. That totally grosses me out. They have their fingers up their noses most of the day.

The youngest doesnt listen AT ALL. He will not sit in time out. He runs upstairs when they know they arent suppose to be going upstairs.

Their mom and dad are going through a divorce so the mom picks them up sometimes and the dad picks them up sometimes. When we had our interview the mom said ... the dad would only be picking them up two nights a week and that day would they be able to stay until 6:15p and then the other days she would get them at 5pm or 5:30p and they would be dropped off around 9:30a or 10am in the morning. So I gave them a discounted rate.

Well now .... the dad has brought them and picked them up every single day this week. This morning they got here at 7:50am and they are being picked up every night after 6pm ... almost 6:30p.

Its been a TOTAL nightmare this week! I seriously didnt charge enough for this family! I am thinking I should really replace them totally.
give them their notice today. This would have been way too much for me!!
rhondawarren 11:10 AM 03-22-2012
give them their notice today. This would have been way too much for me!!
Girl ... today has been to much for me!!! I have put up with it all week but today has been unreal. The little boy just doesnt listen AT ALL. The little girl whines over everything.

The two year old has even been picking his nose, putting it in his mouth and then trying to lick everyone with his tongue. I have never seen anyone behave the way that these kids do.

To top it all off their mom works a resturaunt that rhymes with scOOters and wears her "uniform" to pick her kids up on the days that she actually comes to pick them up. Just what I want my twelve year old to see. I mean really.
momma2girls 11:13 AM 03-22-2012
Girl ... today has been to much for me!!! I have put up with it all week but today has been unreal. The little boy just doesnt listen AT ALL. The little girl whines over everything.

The two year old has even been picking his nose, putting it in his mouth and then trying to lick everyone with his tongue. I have never seen anyone behave the way that these kids do.

To top it all off their mom works a resturaunt that rhymes with scOOters and wears her "uniform" to pick her kids up on the days that she actually comes to pick them up. Just what I want my twelve year old to see. I mean really.
that would be it!!!!
rhondawarren 11:19 AM 03-22-2012
that would be it!!!!
It may very well be! Hoping to find a replacement for them. I need some excederin lol
rhondawarren 05:52 AM 03-23-2012
Good Morning,

It seems like Ive had alot of vents this week. But they are all for the same reason and same family. Upon enrollment this family signed their children up to arrive around 9:30am or 10am. Well this week they have been dropped off before 8am. Today it was 7:35am and I open at 7:30am. This was so unexpected of them being here at that time. I wasnt suppose to have any children scheduled until 8am today!

Well, I am writing a letter today of my rate increase, their children's behaviours etc. So .... we will see if they go elsewhere or stay here. But either way ... Im getting taken advantage of and Im just not dealing with that. I have these kids 10/11 hours a day! If I would agree to watch them more then I bet anything that I would have them even more!
momma2girls 12:43 PM 03-23-2012
Good Morning,

It seems like Ive had alot of vents this week. But they are all for the same reason and same family. Upon enrollment this family signed their children up to arrive around 9:30am or 10am. Well this week they have been dropped off before 8am. Today it was 7:35am and I open at 7:30am. This was so unexpected of them being here at that time. I wasnt suppose to have any children scheduled until 8am today!

Well, I am writing a letter today of my rate increase, their children's behaviours etc. So .... we will see if they go elsewhere or stay here. But either way ... Im getting taken advantage of and Im just not dealing with that. I have these kids 10/11 hours a day! If I would agree to watch them more then I bet anything that I would have them even more!
tell them also you will work only for their contracted hrs. with you only. If they are not to be there til 9:30 or 10 am, you will not watch them any earlier. Tell them their rate is for their hrs. originally discussed
rhondawarren 01:50 PM 03-23-2012
tell them also you will work only for their contracted hrs. with you only. If they are not to be there til 9:30 or 10 am, you will not watch them any earlier. Tell them their rate is for their hrs. originally discussed

I have a packet typed up nicely ready for them when they get here. I included my revised Parent Handbook, Revised Enrollment Forms, Rate Increase Form for them to sign as well as a Bad Behavior letter on things the children need to work on to remain in my care.
momma2girls 05:22 PM 03-23-2012
I have a packet typed up nicely ready for them when they get here. I included my revised Parent Handbook, Revised Enrollment Forms, Rate Increase Form for them to sign as well as a Bad Behavior letter on things the children need to work on to remain in my care.
Yeah, good for you!!!

momofboys 10:25 AM 03-25-2012
Good Morning,

Do you have another family in your care? If you don't I would let the parents know that you do not expect them before 9:30 at the earliest & if they happen to arrive prior to that that you may not be home & then BE GONE until 9:30. If you are home b/c of another family let them know you need advance notice for early drop-offs & you have to approve it - also early drop-off is not FREE - state a rate - $5/ per haf hour early of whatever. Sometimes if things aren't free then the parents will realize maybe I don't need to drop off early. Last of all take a deep breath & try to relax. I know this family isn't helping with that but try to take some control back & I would be having those kids wash their hands after every nose-picking incident- that's gross.
sharlan 05:26 AM 03-26-2012
Second Monday in a row that DCB is 45 mins late. I hate getting up at 4:45 just to play on the computer.
rhondawarren 06:22 AM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Do you have another family in your care? If you don't I would let the parents know that you do not expect them before 9:30 at the earliest & if they happen to arrive prior to that that you may not be home & then BE GONE until 9:30. If you are home b/c of another family let them know you need advance notice for early drop-offs & you have to approve it - also early drop-off is not FREE - state a rate - $5/ per haf hour early of whatever. Sometimes if things aren't free then the parents will realize maybe I don't need to drop off early. Last of all take a deep breath & try to relax. I know this family isn't helping with that but try to take some control back & I would be having those kids wash their hands after every nose-picking incident- that's gross.
Yes I have two other families that I care for. I thought we had an understanding of the times for that family but .... after a couple of weeks of care they forgot the hour arrangement.

But ........... Its all good. Friday I printed up a letter with a Rate Increase on it and when their mom finally picked them up on Friday I told her all about their behavior all week that I had to deal with. I explained to her that it wasnt worth it for me for the rate that they were paying because their children did not listen to me. She tried to get me to continue watching them for that rate and I just told her that honestly, its not worth my time. The rate increase needs to be done to make it worth my time. So she said she cant afford it.

What I have found is that the families that do not mind paying what their childcare is worth are the families that end up being those you would actually want. The others that want a lower rate, want to get as low of childcare as they can end up being the ones you have to remind to pay you, as well as being the ones that you have issues with hours and everything else. So to me ... I dont really care if she can afford the childcare or not. That is what it is worth to me because I cannot afford to feed her kids for 10 hours/day for nothing either. So I do not pitty her at all. I have to look out for my families needs as well.

Yes my soap supply had to be increased with those kids because their fingers were up there noses all day long. So I was constantly making them wash their hands.

Anyways ........ they are no longer a worry of mine and honestly I am relieved. So even though I lost that income, I will just work on replacing them with a family that isnt going to be so much stress.

It all worked out because one of the parents I babysit for needed childcare for Spring Break for her older child. So I am not out as much as I thought for this week.
BigMama 10:14 AM 03-26-2012
OMG!!! My neighbor just walked in my front door into my living room, where all my children are peacefully sleeping, and called my name! Normally my front door is locked during nap but my youngest just came in from outdoors and I hadn't locked it again. Well, I am standing there like "duh" with my mouth hanging open because I can't believe it. She looks down, sees the children sleeping, says "Oh," and CONTINUES TO TALK!!
AmyLeigh 12:38 PM 03-26-2012
Ugh. It's Monday. I did not want to get out of bed. Even my 8 yo dd said she didn't want the dck's here today. My children are fighting with each other, fighting with the dck's. Someone broke a link in the chain to one of the swings, but no one knows who. Dcb who is normally a sweetheart broke out into a fight with ds, and he refuses to admit the injury he inflicted. So now he is laying down. Willingly. He must be exhausted.
After such a good Friday last week, I should have seen this coming.
Bella99 03:24 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by BigMama:
OMG!!! My neighbor just walked in my front door into my living room, where all my children are peacefully sleeping, and called my name! Normally my front door is locked during nap but my youngest just came in from outdoors and I hadn't locked it again. Well, I am standing there like "duh" with my mouth hanging open because I can't believe it. She looks down, sees the children sleeping, says "Oh," and CONTINUES TO TALK!!
If she wasn't there to alert you of a fire or someone injured, I sure hope you gave her an ear full!!
BigMama 03:34 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by Bella99:
If she wasn't there to alert you of a fire or someone injured, I sure hope you gave her an ear full!!
No fire, no injury...she just wanted to tell me that my other neighbor had her baby this morning. Well, that is awesome but you HAD to tell me at 1:15 when you KNOW I do childcare and it is naptime. Ugh.
Bella99 03:36 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by BigMama:
No fire, no injury...she just wanted to tell me that my other neighbor had her baby this morning. Well, that is awesome but you HAD to tell me at 1:15 when you KNOW I do childcare and it is naptime. Ugh.
No phone?

Some people.. lol
rhondawarren 09:54 AM 03-27-2012
My vent for today. One of the ladies I babysit for has a daughter as well that I normally do not watch because she is in preschool. She text me asking me to watch her this week. So I agreed. I told her what I would charge and she says okay.

She brings both children, never mentianed any money that morning on Monday which is when the payment is due. Then that afternoon she only gives me some of the money, then asks ... can I bring the rest tomorrow. I said yeah thats fine. This morning ... she never mentians the rest. This afternoon she says ... Can I bring the rest on Friday. I said yes thats fine.

Now I get to wonder all week if she will actually be bringing the rest.

Oh yes ... I would love to watch both of your kids for whatever you feel like paying me, no problem at all. What is wrong with people! Ugh!
momma2girls 11:53 AM 03-27-2012
Yes I have two other families that I care for. I thought we had an understanding of the times for that family but .... after a couple of weeks of care they forgot the hour arrangement.

But ........... Its all good. Friday I printed up a letter with a Rate Increase on it and when their mom finally picked them up on Friday I told her all about their behavior all week that I had to deal with. I explained to her that it wasnt worth it for me for the rate that they were paying because their children did not listen to me. She tried to get me to continue watching them for that rate and I just told her that honestly, its not worth my time. The rate increase needs to be done to make it worth my time. So she said she cant afford it.

What I have found is that the families that do not mind paying what their childcare is worth are the families that end up being those you would actually want. The others that want a lower rate, want to get as low of childcare as they can end up being the ones you have to remind to pay you, as well as being the ones that you have issues with hours and everything else. So to me ... I dont really care if she can afford the childcare or not. That is what it is worth to me because I cannot afford to feed her kids for 10 hours/day for nothing either. So I do not pitty her at all. I have to look out for my families needs as well.

Yes my soap supply had to be increased with those kids because their fingers were up there noses all day long. So I was constantly making them wash their hands.

Anyways ........ they are no longer a worry of mine and honestly I am relieved. So even though I lost that income, I will just work on replacing them with a family that isnt going to be so much stress.

It all worked out because one of the parents I babysit for needed childcare for Spring Break for her older child. So I am not out as much as I thought for this week.
I live in Iowa and I charge $140.00 per week per child.
Can I ask what you charge per week and what state you live in?
SunshineMama 12:22 PM 03-27-2012
DCM doesnt bring DCG but brings twin brother.... DCG has been out sick for 2 days but today is "feeling ok just tired so we kept her at home." Ummmm, yeah right- who keeps their kid home if they are only "tired?" And why bring the sibling? I feel like they are lying to me about her sickness. And duh, germs are small- they probably crept onto the brother, and were transported to my house. Liars!!!

And whyyyyyyyy do I feel they are lying?

Because now, everyone else is sick too. Fevers running about 102-103, a rash, and very whiny. Other DCB is acting okay, but woke up with open sores on his mouth and face, diaper area, and hands. I text his mom to let her know (she was aware my dd was sick and brought him anyway) and she was like, "Oh well since he was already exposed and everyone is sick he might as well stay there with you." (Um no, come and get your sick kid). Which makes me believe that she knew he was sick before I even told her my dd was sick, bc she is acting like its no big deal.

I can deal with everything but sick kids. Sick kids make me a very irritable and snippety person. Today I have been looking up part time jobs and contemplating quitting this business because of the sick kids and their awful sefish parents.

If we could financially make it and cut any extras at all I would term everyone today in a heartbeat!
sahm2three 01:03 PM 03-27-2012
Can't stand it when the colicky baby screams so loud that he wakes EVERYONE up over an hour early!!! I just don't know what to do with him! Half tempted to go driving with him and leave everyone else with my assistant so everyone can attempt to go back to sleep. How do I constantly get stuck with these hard kids?!?!?!
Bella99 01:39 PM 03-27-2012
Can't stand it when the colicky baby screams so loud that he wakes EVERYONE up over an hour early!!! I just don't know what to do with him! Half tempted to go driving with him and leave everyone else with my assistant so everyone can attempt to go back to sleep. How do I constantly get stuck with these hard kids?!?!?!
Do you have a dryer?
sahm2three 04:29 PM 03-27-2012
Do you have a dryer?
I do, and I have tried strapping him into his car seat or in the bouncer and putting him on it, but he still just flips out. We have to walk and bounce him all the time. Or he screams. If we put him down and try to let him CIO, he flips out more and sweats like crazy. Really wish he didn't have an older sib in our daycare or I would probably let him go.
momma2girls 06:47 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
DCM doesnt bring DCG but brings twin brother.... DCG has been out sick for 2 days but today is "feeling ok just tired so we kept her at home." Ummmm, yeah right- who keeps their kid home if they are only "tired?" And why bring the sibling? I feel like they are lying to me about her sickness. And duh, germs are small- they probably crept onto the brother, and were transported to my house. Liars!!!

And whyyyyyyyy do I feel they are lying?

Because now, everyone else is sick too. Fevers running about 102-103, a rash, and very whiny. Other DCB is acting okay, but woke up with open sores on his mouth and face, diaper area, and hands. I text his mom to let her know (she was aware my dd was sick and brought him anyway) and she was like, "Oh well since he was already exposed and everyone is sick he might as well stay there with you." (Um no, come and get your sick kid). Which makes me believe that she knew he was sick before I even told her my dd was sick, bc she is acting like its no big deal.

I can deal with everything but sick kids. Sick kids make me a very irritable and snippety person. Today I have been looking up part time jobs and contemplating quitting this business because of the sick kids and their awful sefish parents.

If we could financially make it and cut any extras at all I would term everyone today in a heartbeat!
my one family did the same thing to us!! I am definately adding a sibling clause in my new contract. It sucks!! Hello- if you are at home, with a sick one, please keep other home as well- they are carrying the same thing!!
SunshineMama 03:50 AM 03-28-2012
my one family did the same thing to us!! I am definately adding a sibling clause in my new contract. It sucks!! Hello- if you are at home, with a sick one, please keep other home as well- they are carrying the same thing!!
Just woke up today with the worst headache ever, feeling nauseus.

Maybe I should thank all of those selfish daycare parents for bringing their sick kids, and the siblings of their sick kids to my home, infecting my two children, and now me as well.

I am so sick of this. I feel like I got run over by a truck and I just want to quit everything right now.
rhondawarren 05:11 AM 03-28-2012
I live in Iowa and I charge $140.00 per week per child.
Can I ask what you charge per week and what state you live in?
I was charging $100 week FT and $60 week PT and then I realized with me proving all meals and drinks that just wasnt enough.

So I created new rates and those are $125/Wk FT and $75/Wk PT. But I think I am only wanting one PT Family and pushing for FT for the other spots. I am in Indiana.
Bella99 01:38 PM 03-28-2012
I was charging $100 week FT and $60 week PT and then I realized with me proving all meals and drinks that just wasnt enough.

So I created new rates and those are $125/Wk FT and $75/Wk PT. But I think I am only wanting one PT Family and pushing for FT for the other spots. I am in Indiana.
Wow! Here in my area the AVERAGE is double that.
rhondawarren 05:40 AM 03-29-2012
Wow! Here in my area the AVERAGE is double that.
A lot of places are, isnt that sad! To think people actually act like you are charging way to much too if you charge over $100/Wk for one kid. Strange.

I had a lady text me last night about child care. I said were you needing Full or Part Time. She says Part Time. I need someone from about 7am to 3pm Monday thru Friday. I said well anything over 3 days is considered Full Time and sent her my rates. I never heard back from her. Were she came up with 8 hours/day 5 days/wk was part time I will never know!
saved4always 08:00 AM 03-29-2012
A lot of places are, isnt that sad! To think people actually act like you are charging way to much too if you charge over $100/Wk for one kid. Strange.

I had a lady text me last night about child care. I said were you needing Full or Part Time. She says Part Time. I need someone from about 7am to 3pm Monday thru Friday. I said well anything over 3 days is considered Full Time and sent her my rates. I never heard back from her. Were she came up with 8 hours/day 5 days/wk was part time I will never know!
Ummmm, yeah......that would be full time!!!! LOL! That would be 40 hours of watching her child a week...last I heard that was not considered part time for any job.
rhondawarren 08:02 AM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by saved4always:
Ummmm, yeah......that would be full time!!!! LOL! That would be 40 hours of watching her child a week...last I heard that was not considered part time for any job.
Thats what me and my husband said. I was like uhhh yeah ok lol. Apparently she didnt like it because she never responded back but I kind of doubt she is going to find anyone to consider to 8 hours a day Part time for 5 days a week.

Some people amaze me
SunshineMama 10:44 AM 03-29-2012
I could have had the entire day today with NO daycare kids, but the parents of the siblings brought their kid even though the sibling was at home sick.

On monday they kept 1 at home with HAND FOOT AND MOUTH and brought the sibling. Of course, the sibling gets sick and now they bring the healthy one and keep the other. I really need a sibling sickness clause, because I am sure that the other kid was a carrier and exposed (obviously since hes sick now). My daycare baby is sick with HFMD too now.

It is my fault for not having a sibling clause and I am mad at myself. I could have had the entire day with just my friends daughter and my youngest, and we could have gone places and done so many fun things.

I made the best of it and the girl who came today is really sweet and I love her. I just am annoyed at myself that I could have had NO daycare kids
Tags:social media, vent
1 2 3 4 5 13 53  ... Last
Reply Up