Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Daycaremomma01 06:06 AM 05-01-2019
Ahhh!
I just wanna tell DCM “this is my contract, take it or leave it!”

Back story: I provide daycare for family. (Yes, I know, first mistake - when they term(and I know they will sooner than later) I won’t take on any more family, period.
After some issues with one family (three kids, my biggest income) and posting here, I decided to make a contract. Let parents know last week that it would be coming home Monday (sent with parents at drop off this Monday morning).
This particular dcm texted asking if we could talk about it at pick up, she had some questions, wanted to make sure she understood what a couple things meant.
Literally questioned everything -“what do you mean by ‘my house rules apply at drop off and pick up?” “so I can’t give Tylenol and then bring to you?” “So if I’m late, you’re charging me more?” “One drop/pick up? So I can’t drop the baby off and hubby bring the boys later?” “So these days you can’t keep them? What if I don’t have time to take off?”(all major holidays and one week for a previously planned vaca before she asked me to keep her kids) “well dcb1 has a sensitive gag reflex, if he throws up because if that do I have to pick up?” “DCKs have allergies, I can’t call in every time one has a runny nose or gets sick...”
And then this morning She had the nerve to ask for a family or a sibling discount (when I’m beating anyone arounds Prices by $5-15/child/day, if not more!) because there will be weeks in the summer where she will be paying me $300/week for 3 kids!

I just wanna yell at her!
Thanks for letting me vent. Shew.
boy_mom 07:53 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Daycaremomma01:
Ahhh!

Back story: I provide daycare for family. (Yes, I know, first mistake - when they term(and I know they will sooner than later) I won’t take on any more family, period.
After some issues with one family (three kids, my biggest income) and posting here, I decided to make a contract. Let parents know last week that it would be coming home Monday (sent with parents at drop off this Monday morning).
This particular dcm texted asking if we could talk about it at pick up, she had some questions, wanted to make sure she understood what a couple things meant.
Literally questioned everything -“what do you mean by ‘my house rules apply at drop off and pick up?” “so I can’t give Tylenol and then bring to you?” “So if I’m late, you’re charging me more?” “One drop/pick up? So I can’t drop the baby off and hubby bring the boys later?” “So these days you can’t keep them? What if I don’t have time to take off?”(all major holidays and one week for a previously planned vaca before she asked me to keep her kids) “well dcb1 has a sensitive gag reflex, if he throws up because if that do I have to pick up?” “DCKs have allergies, I can’t call in every time one has a runny nose or gets sick...”
And then this morning She had the nerve to ask for a family or a sibling discount (when I’m beating anyone arounds Prices by $5-15/child/day, if not more!) because there will be weeks in the summer where she will be paying me $300/week for 3 kids!

This is definitely a preview of how she is going to be as a client, so be prepared to enforce EVERY. SINGLE. RULE. each day with her.

Honestly she sounds awful, if you can let her go, I would use this opportunity to tell her you may no longer be a good fit for her family!
BumbleBee 10:37 AM 05-01-2019
Friggin parent. 1:30pm, smack in the middle of nap time. *Bang bang bang* HAPPY MAY DAY! As her kid clangs his noise maker.

Me: "thanks. It's nap time." Take flowers and shut the door on them.
Firefly 10:39 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Friggin parent. 1:30pm, smack in the middle of nap time. *Bang bang bang* HAPPY MAY DAY! As her kid clangs his noise maker.

Are you serious? Wow
BumbleBee 10:58 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Firefly:
Are you serious? Wow
Dead serious. It's cool that they celebrate this holiday and all but c'mon, it's nap time. Her kid has been here for 2.5 years. Nap time hasn't changed. And she'd be the first to complain if someone woke up her kid.

Should I have responded the way I did? No. Do I feel bad about it? Also no.
Hunni Bee 11:54 AM 05-02-2019
It is NOT necessary to pack 8 food items, two drinks and a treat in a preschooler's lunch. Especially if you left all of the items in their original packaging, which your child can't open by themselves. It is also not a good idea to pack soft berries in plastic bags. Also, mac and cheese doesn't do well at the park. Also, yogurt in a lunchbox with no ice pack on a 90° degree day can and WILL explode. Also, Reese's PEANUT BUTTER Cups are in fact a nut product.

Grrr.
Mom2Two 12:43 PM 05-02-2019

Is she a passive aggressive type? I keep wondering if she's trying to be a problem on purpose.
Mom2Two 12:45 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Daycaremomma01:
Ahhh!

Are you allowed to take another family and still be unlicensed? If you could take on another family soon, it would be softened when they quit. And also, the first family might be a bit more manageable when they see that the same rules apply to everyone.
Daycaremomma01 06:02 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Are you allowed to take another family and still be unlicensed? If you could take on another family soon, it would be softened when they quit. And also, the first family might be a bit more manageable when they see that the same rules apply to everyone.
With the kids I have currently, I can take on one more child, unrelated.
CountryRoads 08:56 AM 05-03-2019
Dcg gets downstairs, dcm takes off her shoes and says "we need to take off your shoes, you have mud all over them from playing in the field yesterday." This is AFTER walking all through our upstairs to get downstairs.

Upon further investigation, it is mud mixed with POOP. Outside they went
Flowerchild 11:26 AM 05-03-2019
I had a great day yesterday. But today was assessment again and my kids are misbehavung. All because one won't behave and isn't usually here until afterschool. She's been a mess this week as well. My boss wrote me up this week and I can't get kids yo listen so it's been a struggle. I'm ready to go home. My boss played happiness police and I feel under watch this week. Everything I do is going yo be wrong. At least I feel like I'm being treated luke everything I did during assement was bad or wrong. And I'm always nervous around my coworkers now. It's been a struggle lately at work for us all but I feel like I got punished for being over this place. Treated badly for some reason. I'm really in a bad mood right now. Sorry boss 😞
BumbleBee 12:31 PM 05-03-2019
I really love it when I catch allergies from coughing, sneezing, snotting children.
CountryRoads 12:22 PM 05-06-2019
I really love it when I catch allergies from coughing, sneezing, snotting children.
I had my first allergy excuse this morning.

"She has a bad cough, but no fever. It must be allergies."

I don't know for sure that it's not allergies, but she has been coughing non stop during nap. She has not slept at all and neither has my own child. Is the day almost over?!
BumbleBee 02:03 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I had my first allergy excuse this morning.

"She has a bad cough, but no fever. It must be allergies."

I don't know for sure that it's not allergies, but she has been coughing non stop during nap. She has not slept at all and neither has my own child. Is the day almost over?!
Turns out it was strep throat. Lovely.
MamaG2903 01:14 PM 05-07-2019
Why are my worst daycare kids the children of TEACHERS?! You literally spend all day dealing with other people's children and YOUR child is completely out of control and undisciplined. It boggles the mind!

Also, June can't come fast enough so I can give notice to a teacher who has the most horribly behaved child I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. If I even make it to June after this week.
Mom2Two 11:41 AM 05-10-2019
There's a horrible, highly contagious stomach bug going around here. A bunch of children caught it as well as two parents and a grandparent. It strikes without warning: fine then barf. I am so glad it's Friday!!!
CountryRoads 05:49 AM 05-15-2019
Dcb3 was smacking dcm in the face and pulling her hair during his tantrum.

She laughed and did absolutely nothing.

No words.
MomBoss 01:37 PM 05-15-2019
Why do parents dress their kids in layers (tshirt under sweater) and ask us to take off their clothes if they get too hot? Why cant they dress them appropriately? Its 80 degrees outside. Why did you need to dress your child in a sweater? I dont want to keep track of whose sweater belongs to who.
Blackcat31 01:41 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Why do parents dress their kids in layers (tshirt under sweater) and ask us to take off their clothes if they get too hot? Why cant they dress them appropriately? Its 80 degrees outside. Why did you need to dress your child in a sweater? I dont want to keep track of whose sweater belongs to who.
Because it's MN. Its cold in the mornings (sweater) and hot in the afternoons...T-shirt.

I require my kids to be dressed that way. Our furnace runs in the morning but by afternoon snack, the AC is on.

I dress that way. A t-shirt with a sweatshirt or sweater over the top. Remove layers as the weather changes.

I guess I thought that was how *most* Minnesotan's dressed.

As for tracking who's sweater is who's.... I require clothing to be labeled. Solves that issue easily.
MomBoss 01:47 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Because it's MN. Its cold in the mornings (sweater) and hot in the afternoons...T-shirt.

I require my kids to be dressed that way. Our furnace runs in the morning but by afternoon snack, the AC is on.

I dress that way. A t-shirt with a sweatshirt or sweater over the top. Remove layers as the weather changes.

I guess I thought that was how *most* Minnesotan's dressed.

As for tracking who's sweater is who's.... I require clothing to be labeled. Solves that issue easily.

What bothers me the most is my daycare is in the basement and at the end of the day we go outside for parent pick up and i have to carry a pile of sweaters, along with the child who doesnt walk, plus all the water bottles. I feel like i have enough to remember and carry at once. Plus i go to take off sweater from child..and he has no shirt underneath...poor kid
Blackcat31 01:51 PM 05-15-2019
What bothers me the most is my daycare is in the basement and at the end of the day we go outside for parent pick up and i have to carry a pile of sweaters, along with the child who doesnt walk, plus all the water bottles. I feel like i have enough to remember and carry at once. Plus i go to take off sweater from child..and he has no shirt underneath...poor kid
Aha, I can see that being bothersome I guess.

My kiddos all have locker cubbies with baskets so they have a complete set of clothing in their baskets. Whenever I remove an outer layer I just put it in the child's basket and then whether we are inside or out when parents arrive they go inside to sign out and grab anything they need to grab from their child's basket. Craft projects, extra clothing or whatever needs to go home for the day.

Water bottles....I have a shower caddy I use for everyone's water bottles, wet wipes, sun screen and everything else we have to haul outside with us.
storybookending 06:44 PM 05-15-2019
It’s funny you guys are discussing this because today will be the first day that I ran my AC (can’t open the windows bc the storms are still on) but tonight if I don’t turn the heat on to kick back in I will wake up freezing. It was for sure sweater weather this AM but not this afternoon. We had pick up at the park today and I packed all of the sweaters to go home but did not think about it as they were leaving. I also had two bring shorts for me to change them into and sure enough that was necessary. I myself start off with pants in the morning and switch some time throughout the day.
Ac114 07:22 AM 05-21-2019
Second week of providing care for newest DCG and still haven’t received payment for this week. Sent mom a message that I need payment. No reply. She won’t be allowed to come tomorrow without payment and terminated. I’m tired of letting people walk all over me!
CountryRoads 07:32 AM 05-21-2019
Was closed a week last summer to take a little trip. Chose that specific week because I would have had 3 families gone anyway. It was more convenient for them and they saved $$ since I don't charge for when I'm closed.

Now, they are all expecting it again this year. Two families are going to be gone again (there's a yearly event they go to) and one family planned a trip that week because they assumed I would be closed. Feeling a little guilty - like I'm obligated to take that week off now.
Blackcat31 07:49 AM 05-21-2019
Was closed a week last summer to take a little trip. Chose that specific week because I would have had 3 families gone anyway. It was more convenient for them and they saved $$ since I don't charge for when I'm closed.

Now, they are all expecting it again this year. Two families are going to be gone again (there's a yearly event they go to) and one family planned a trip that week because they assumed I would be closed. Feeling a little guilty - like I'm obligated to take that week off now.
Never do or don't do something because of daycare parents. If you do, they will always expect it.

Just say, "Payment is due unless I am closed for vacation and this year I will not be closed that week."

Don't let the guilt get to you.
Ac114 08:45 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Never do or don't do something because of daycare parents. If you do, they will always expect it.

Just say, "Payment is due unless I am closed for vacation and this year I will not be closed that week."

Don't let the guilt get to you.
I second what BC said. How would that be fair to you.

And BC, I’ve been using your saying “I’m not in the business of losing money” when I battle these scenarios myself!
sammie 11:20 AM 05-21-2019
SNOW! I am so tired of snow!! Woke up this morning to 4-5 in of wet, heavy snow. My kids' last day of school is Thursday, Memorial Day is this weekend...enough all ready!! (vent over)
Indoorvoice 05:50 AM 05-22-2019
Started my morning off with a big ol poop smear across my carpet. I was getting the new diaper ready when he scooted across the floor on his butt causing poop to ooze out of his diaper and grind into my carpet. It's the combo of dad telling me they fed him prunes last night and that mom is not working today that is making this situation 10x more infuriating for me. Oh also sending him in diapers 2 sizes too big. I want to cry.
CountryRoads 07:57 AM 05-22-2019
After being sick, parent swears child just has a runny nose - nothing else.

Child has been sneezing and coughing plus the runny nose since he got here.

Do they think we're stupid?
CountryRoads 07:58 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Started my morning off with a big ol poop smear across my carpet. I was getting the new diaper ready when he scooted across the floor on his butt causing poop to ooze out of his diaper and grind into my carpet. It's the combo of dad telling me they fed him prunes last night and that mom is not working today that is making this situation 10x more infuriating for me. Oh also sending him in diapers 2 sizes too big. I want to cry.

Yuck!
Josiegirl 09:36 AM 05-22-2019
Dcb comes in all sweet looking and smiley this a.m. As soon as his mom walks out the door, he's in full attack mode to the 2 1/2 yo dcg and has been nonstop eversince. Then when 1 yo dcb arrives later this a.m., I'm hovering literally right over LO, 2 yo dcb tries to take his toy away right off the bat so I scoop up 1 yo and 2 yo kicks him.

I have never ever had a 2 yo battling the terrible twos as bad as this guy is. He's constantly angry. I'm constantly frustrated and disheartened and always placing him separate from the other 2 dcks. I've only got 3 ATM,you'd think I could handle it!! Honestly, I haven't been able to turn my back for a second. Not one.
Snowmom 11:57 AM 05-22-2019
I am so sick of policing policies. I'm so sick of the lack of respect from grown adults. I'm basically so sick of this job.

I'm not potty training an 18 month old who doesn't talk and poops 4 times a day. I don't care that her cousin did it in the big, expensive Montessori school at 16 months.

I'm not staying open late so you can make an afternoon DR appointment. I can't believe you even asked. You know the answer.

No, you can't avoid a late fee by paying late 'this one time'.

I'm not ok with you wearing shoes into my home and I'm not ok with you sitting your child on my table to take off hers. In fact, you're not allowed past the entry, the living room is mine and not daycare. Get off my furniture.

Quit allowing your child to pull at my door handle and hang on my hooks. I will charge you if your child breaks them because it's your fault for allowing it while my back is turned.

Stop letting your child touch my outdoor decorations and flowers. I am sick to death of having to turn my solar lights back on everyday because you let your child turn the off switch. It's NOT cute, knock it off.

Take the freeaking jewelry back home. !@*%!

And no, your child did not just poop in the car on the 2 minute drive to my house. I know what stale poop looks like you moron. It's not my first rodeo.

(yes, I'm extremely bitter today and yes, all of this was said in the last 7 days... just maybe not as abruptly.)
Blackcat31 12:39 PM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I am so sick of policing policies. I'm so sick of the lack of respect from grown adults. I'm basically so sick of this job.

I'm not potty training an 18 month old who doesn't talk and poops 4 times a day. I don't care that her cousin did it in the big, expensive Montessori school at 16 months.

I'm not staying open late so you can make an afternoon DR appointment. I can't believe you even asked. You know the answer.

No, you can't avoid a late fee by paying late 'this one time'.

I'm not ok with you wearing shoes into my home and I'm not ok with you sitting your child on my table to take off hers. In fact, you're not allowed past the entry, the living room is mine and not daycare. Get off my furniture.

Quit allowing your child to pull at my door handle and hang on my hooks. I will charge you if your child breaks them because it's your fault for allowing it while my back is turned.

Stop letting your child touch my outdoor decorations and flowers. I am sick to death of having to turn my solar lights back on everyday because you let your child turn the off switch. It's NOT cute, knock it off.

Take the freeaking jewelry back home. !@*%!

And no, your child did not just poop in the car on the 2 minute drive to my house. I know what stale poop looks like you moron. It's not my first rodeo.

(yes, I'm extremely bitter today and yes, all of this was said in the last 7 days... just maybe not as abruptly.)
sadly I totally understand
Thank goodness the liquor store is open after my business hours.
CountryRoads 07:08 AM 05-23-2019
So, apparently a phlegmy cough is a sign of teething?
Snowmom 07:17 AM 05-23-2019
So, apparently a phlegmy cough is a sign of teething?
Why hasn't teething been declared an epidemic?
Someone should get on top of that.
Baby Beluga 08:26 AM 05-23-2019
Teething is the new ebola
BumbleBee 09:57 AM 05-23-2019
I agree! I'm on my 3rd round of "teething" this year already.
Josiegirl 10:24 AM 05-23-2019
My neighbors don't realize my 2 1/2 yo dcg(who is so difficult to get to sleep anyways) is extremely fascinated by the sound of lawn mowers and loves the word why and I wanna see?
No, honey, we can't see the lawn mower right now. Why? Because we can only hear it in back of the houses. Why? Because the lawn mower is hiding behind the houses. Why? Because the house is in the way. Why? Because the mower is on the other side of the house. Why? We can't see it, only hear it. Why?
I wanna know why too. Why did they choose to start mowing at 12:15, exactly 2 minutes after 2 of my 3 dcks fell asleep?
littlefriends 10:33 AM 05-23-2019
Blocked a former dcp today-I’m finally fed up with her enough! I let her kid go back in January and she asked at the time if “we could stay friends” um NO. I definitely don’t need anymore “friends”. So I’ve been ignoring her texts. He has now been let go from 4 daycares since I let him go!!! She texted every single day this week begging me to please let him come back, they can’t find anyone else, she HAS to work. I didn’t reply, just blocked.
littlefriends 10:36 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
My neighbors don't realize my 2 1/2 yo dcg(who is so difficult to get to sleep anyways) is extremely fascinated by the sound of lawn mowers and loves the word why and I wanna see?
No, honey, we can't see the lawn mower right now. Why? Because we can only hear it in back of the houses. Why? Because the lawn mower is hiding behind the houses. Why? Because the house is in the way. Why? Because the mower is on the other side of the house. Why? We can't see it, only hear it. Why?
I wanna know why too. Why did they choose to start mowing at 12:15, exactly 2 minutes after 2 of my 3 dcks fell asleep?
I put a fan out now during nap because one of my neighbors absolutely loves to do yard work
Ac114 10:37 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
Blocked a former dcp today-I’m finally fed up with her enough! I let her kid go back in January and she asked at the time if “we could stay friends” um NO. I definitely don’t need anymore “friends”. So I’ve been ignoring her texts. He has now been let go from 4 daycares since I let him go!!! She texted every single day this week begging me to please let him come back, they can’t find anyone else, she HAS to work. I didn’t reply, just blocked.
Good for you! You would be miserable if you took him back!
theassistant 11:45 AM 05-23-2019
We had this issue. A huge red flag should've been that they had been through two nannies prior to us. They just expected way too much from a home daycare and didn't understand that their children weren't the only children. Since then, the kids had two more nannies before they finally put them in a pre-school, where I hope they've been shown that they need to learn to work with child care providers.
BumbleBee 02:39 PM 05-23-2019
Newsflash: your baby is not "behind" because your friends baby is the same age and already crawling.

2nd newsflash: I don't "need to force" your baby to crawl.

Your baby will crawl when your baby is ready. There are no delays, at all. The multiple developmental assessments that have been done on your child all show the same thing. Meets or exceeds all developmental milestones for his age.
Mom2Two 03:05 PM 05-23-2019
Newsflash: your baby is not "behind" because your friends baby is the same age and already crawling.

2nd newsflash: I don't "need to force" your baby to crawl.

Your baby will crawl when your baby is ready. There are no delays, at all. The multiple developmental assessments that have been done on your child all show the same thing. Meets or exceeds all developmental milestones for his age.
For crying out loud... Don’t they believe their pediatrician?
BumbleBee 03:47 PM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
For crying out loud... Don’t they believe their pediatrician?
Apparently not.
storybookending 05:23 PM 05-23-2019
I put a fan out now during nap because one of my neighbors absolutely loves to do yard work
I am so lucky that my current group sleeps though almost anything. At one point this spring my dad was on the roof just a pounding at the ice clogging my gutters and every single one of them fell asleep during it. Thunderstorms are my favorite days because everyone sleeps so well. It’s all dark and cozy and I wish I could take a nap myself. I am getting new windows and siding this summer and not planning on closing. I have approved back up plans to nap them (outdoors) at a nearby park but I am hoping that won’t be necessary.
Snowmom 08:07 AM 05-28-2019
3 day weekend and nearly every child comes back with snotty noses.
What'd they do.... lick every grocery cart handle in a 5 mile radius? Jeez.
CountryRoads 08:10 AM 05-28-2019
I've got that, too! It's very clear a couple of them have colds. I told one mom that we have colds going around when she told me how cranky he was this weekend. "Well, I don't think his is a cold. I think he's teething."

Of course he is.
BumbleBee 09:45 AM 05-28-2019
Obviously they picked it up at daycare on Friday! Just kidding!!! I have a few who look like street urchins today. Nobody napped this weekend. You'd think that would make nap time easier here today but no, they're all fighting it.
Annalee 10:34 AM 05-28-2019
Obviously they picked it up at daycare on Friday! Just kidding!!! I have a few who look like street urchins today. Nobody napped this weekend. You'd think that would make nap time easier here today but no, they're all fighting it.
My last day was Wednesday last week so my kids are exhausted today. We laid down thirty minute early today and pushed to make it that long. I had a couple with runny noses as well.
Baby Beluga 10:48 AM 05-28-2019
Same here!
Indoorvoice 06:54 AM 05-29-2019
Things that make you go... Dad drops off in jammies today. He is too sick to go to work. Then proceeds to tell me he has the same thing dcb has... Hmm. You are too sick for work and need to stay home to rest, but dcb is fine to go to "work" all day? Interesting! For what it's worth, dcb just has a cough so I wouldn't exclude anyway, but it just makes you wonder about parents' thought processes sometimes! Me thinks dad just needed an excuse to stay home in his PJs....
Mom2Two 12:09 PM 05-29-2019

I've got that, too! It's very clear a couple of them have colds. I told one mom that we have colds going around when she told me how cranky he was this weekend. "Well, I don't think his is a cold. I think he's teething."

Of course he is.

CountryRoads 07:13 AM 05-30-2019
While I try to focus on the positives on this job, it's easy to just see the negatives.

My son starts an activity next week, and I'm unable to drop him off or pick him up. My kids miss out on swimming lessons this year...again. They are missing out on every summer sport activity. I have no clue how I'm going to get our 4 year old to and from preschool next year.

Just in a funk, I guess. Can't wait for the day I don't need to care for other peoples kids and I can have a little bit of freedom.
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 05-30-2019
While I try to focus on the positives on this job, it's easy to just see the negatives.

My son starts an activity next week, and I'm unable to drop him off or pick him up. My kids miss out on swimming lessons this year...again. They are missing out on every summer sport activity. I have no clue how I'm going to get our 4 year old to and from preschool next year.

Just in a funk, I guess. Can't wait for the day I don't need to care for other peoples kids and I can have a little bit of freedom.
I'm sorry that is how this job is working out for you.

Is there any other family members that can transport for you? Any parents of your children's friends willing to help?

In my experience this is why many of the providers in my area are in business....so they can dictate their own hours and be available for their children so I am sorry it's not working that way for you.
Josiegirl 08:30 AM 05-30-2019

It's definitely a drawback when you cannot find another way to get your own kiddos somewhere. Definitely search and see if you can find some alternative transportation for your own so they can engage in summer activities too.
It used to bother me when dcps would take their vacations, rave about the glorious places they went and fun things their kids got to do, while we stayed home and my own kids had another summer in dc. That was before I started charging 52 weeks a year.

Operating a dc definitely has its pros and cons, much like any other job.
Ac114 09:22 AM 05-30-2019

I’m in the same boat so I totally get how you feel. Our market is flooded with daycare providers because you do not have to be licensed If you have 6 children or less. But many many many providers have way more than that and our state doesn’t really care to look into it much. With that being said, I have buckled down on a lot of things that I’m just not willing to miss and you either like it or you don’t. The ones who respect and appreciate me don’t care and the other ones who throw a fit can find other care ����*♀️ That’s where I’m at in life right now. I’ve went 2 years missing every single school activity that my oldest has had because I can’t take off or close early. I said no more!
CountryRoads 08:05 AM 06-04-2019
Dcm must've thought I was older than I am due to the age of our oldest child.

"Omg, you're just a baby, you're just a baby."

Not a big deal, just a little irked by her response. I am younger than all of my dcm's and I always wonder if that has an effect on how they see me professionally.
DaveA 03:34 AM 06-05-2019
Woke up with freakin' pink eye. Yuck!
WBee 06:07 AM 06-05-2019
This woman is "stuck" caring for her grandson (and tired) prior to school. She complains to me about her adult child (dcb's Dad) daily, shows up with kid 5 min. prior to my opening time, banging on my door, kid 1/2 in PJ's, unfed, bagel in hand and says he won't pee today. Two more weeks 'til he's off for the summer! Then I have a 14 month old who shows up late (another Grandma drop off) with fruit snacks in her lunch and those horrible rubber jelly shoes which are terrible for growing feet. Seriously?
CountryRoads 07:05 AM 06-05-2019
Dcm was "let go" from her job almost a month ago. She finally told me last week.

She pays, so it's none of my business what she does during the day, but really dcm? You need to bring him from 7:30-5:00 everyday?

Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't ever get the luxury of getting days to myself
Ms.Kay 02:07 PM 06-05-2019
Tried to help a "single mom" out. Needed care for 17 mo...saw numerous red flags...however was trying to be kind...day one today...brought me a bottle of milk and said he takes this in his crib for a nap. I explain I cant do that. I will offer him a sippy cup before nap. Comes for pick up 2 hrs early and says he needs the bottle to sleep..and Im his mom. I explain again...why I cant and wont do it...she says then she's not coming back. Ok..bye bye:
BumbleBee 04:00 PM 06-05-2019
In 24 hours my most difficult dck's summer schedule went from:

2-3 days a week, mornings only. (15 hours)

3 full days a week (30 hours)

5 full days a week (48 hours)

God help me
LostMyMarbles 02:36 AM 06-06-2019

God help me
Awe. That’s rough. Hope things get easier. More money though.
Josiegirl 03:01 AM 06-06-2019

God help me
Yikes 48 hrs. is a very long week for children. AND you!!! Lots of time outside!
springv 01:50 PM 06-07-2019
(Heres my vent for the past 2 weeks)
Dcm comes one evening this week to get her child and the lead teacher says that her child wouldn't listen during vacation bible school and dcm states that if the child can't listen then they will keep child home the following day. Yesterday comes and she let child come!

[Wednesday while I was helping with lunch the power went out in one building but not the other and after 30 minutes they finally got it to come back on.

Last week, had a teacher go and change a child inside and leave the other children alone outside and I had to go to the other playground while she was inside. (Our playground is separated by a big chain link fence and is to where you can be able to view both sides whatever side you are on)
CountryRoads 02:50 PM 06-10-2019
I feel like every time I do something to accommodate a family, I get taken advantage of.

I allow this family to drop off their child 15 minutes before I open when dad is on day shift. Well, dad is off today and he still dropped off dcg at 6:50. I open at 7:00.

That was not what it was meant for. It was only supposed be when they needed to drop her off early - not because they want to
Josiegirl 03:06 AM 06-11-2019
I feel like every time I do something to accommodate a family, I get taken advantage of.

I allow this family to drop off their child 15 minutes before I open when dad is on day shift. Well, dad is off today and he still dropped off dcg at 6:50. I open at 7:00.

That was not what it was meant for. It was only supposed be when they needed to drop her off early - not because they want to
I hope you mentioned it. Plus I think I'd take their privilege away for taking advantage of you; they'll figure it out.
Ac114 04:16 AM 06-11-2019

I’m literally in the same boat. I changed my hours in November to 5:30 instead of 6. ONE family said the occasionally need me until 6pm. I said I could accommodate that. Now that it’s warmer weather, guess who is here every single day until 5:55. Seriously so done with this family. Then dad shows up at 6:10 yesterday in workout clothes!!! I about lost it I was so angry.
e.j. 01:41 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I’m literally in the same boat. I changed my hours in November to 5:30 instead of 6. ONE family said the occasionally need me until 6pm. I said I could accommodate that. Now that it’s warmer weather, guess who is here every single day until 5:55. Seriously so done with this family. Then dad shows up at 6:10 yesterday in workout clothes!!! I about lost it I was so angry.
Ooh! That would irritate me, too! Time to let them know that a 6:00 pick up time isn't working out.
Ariana 04:15 PM 06-11-2019

God help me
My most difficult family added an extra day this summer. Parents have the exact same job nothing has changed and the kids were only here 2 days last summer. I am not sure how I will survive. 2 days was hard enough but 3 They are gone for good in September THANK BABY JESUS!! Its the only thing that gets me through!
lovemykidstoo 04:58 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
We had a parent come to us one morning asking for help with controlling her son's tantrums every morning. We gave her the usual advice: quick kisses and leave, give him wave at the window then get in her car and leave. The thing is, DCB only does this because she feeds into it and he can get what he wants. With us however, is is an angel.

Fast forward to this morning. DCB comes in acting like a newborn fool. Jumping up and down screaming yanking on mom arm begging to be picked up. One of the teachers went over to DCB and told him to stop it. She told him that he is too big to act like that and he's big enough to walk in by himself. She gave him a tissue, told him to give mom a kiss and took his hand to walk him to the window to say goodbye. Well, my Director called us (3 teachers) in the office. She told us DCB's mom was highly offended because DCB was called out on his actions and she felt we ganged up on her and we didn't respect her son's right to have a tantrum. We burst out laughing. She also put in her notice because we don't respect her son's rights and she doesn't feel comfortable leaving him with people who don't respect him. We are slowly but surely weeding out the crazy.
And that's exactly why he is the way he is. ugh
lovemykidstoo 05:00 AM 06-12-2019
DCM of 22 month old dcb comes this morning. Every morning it's something that she says "I'm not going to fight that battle, pick your battles". Today it was that he wore the same socks as yesterday. I"m not fighting that battle. Good Lord. I said do you win any of the battles? She said well I did get his diaper changed this morning without a fight. That has been a huge struggle. Seriously a 22 month old wins about what socks to wear? She's in trouble when he gets older.
CountryRoads 05:47 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
DCM of 22 month old dcb comes this morning. Every morning it's something that she says "I'm not going to fight that battle, pick your battles". Today it was that he wore the same socks as yesterday. I"m not fighting that battle. Good Lord. I said do you win any of the battles? She said well I did get his diaper changed this morning without a fight. That has been a huge struggle. Seriously a 22 month old wins about what socks to wear? She's in trouble when he gets older.
That is one of my biggest frustrations.

I have a "no toys from home" policy and almost every morning, dcb comes with a toy. "He won't leave the house without something in his hands." And who's the parent??

Also have a dcb who refuses to come down the stairs sometimes and he thinks it's funny. Mom lets him take his sweet time and do it on his terms even though she's complaining she's got to get to work. JUST GRAB HIM AND BRING HIM DOWN. Sheesh. But, then he would cry, and we can't have that, can we?
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 06-12-2019
"He won't leave the house without something in his hands." And who's the parent??

Parent: "He won't leave the house without something in his hands."

Provider: "Well what are you going to do? Because he can't come in with something in his hands"

Then just stand there..... she's waiting for YOU to solve HER problem.
lovemykidstoo 08:18 AM 06-12-2019
That is one of my biggest frustrations.

I have a "no toys from home" policy and almost every morning, dcb comes with a toy. "He won't leave the house without something in his hands." And who's the parent??

Also have a dcb who refuses to come down the stairs sometimes and he thinks it's funny. Mom lets him take his sweet time and do it on his terms even though she's complaining she's got to get to work. JUST GRAB HIM AND BRING HIM DOWN. Sheesh. But, then he would cry, and we can't have that, can we?
OH my gosh they can't make them cry. That's the most horrible thing in the world lol. The thing is, the child may cry the first time, but then they will know what's expected and wont' cry. Why do they cry? Because it works. They get exactly what they want.
CountryRoads 02:08 PM 06-13-2019
Why do all the neighborhood kids come to our house?

I feel bad for my oldest kid, but come on. I'm working. I don't want extra kids hanging around our house.

I feel like a fun hater
MomBoss 03:19 PM 06-13-2019
First time parents that use the excuse "im a new mom" for why they freak out about everything..i cant. They make my job stressful. I put sunscreen on a 2 yr old who decided he didnt like it and rubbed his face, of course getting it in his eyes. So i wiped his eyes but they are red of course. Ive gotten sunscreen in my eyes many times just from sweating. It stings but goes away.
This mom was asking if she should be concerned about it and what i did for him " You just wiped his eyes?" Not sure what else i should have done. Its just sunscreen..KIDS sunscreen, if it was that harmful i dont think it would be for kids. No different than getting shampoo in your eyes. It will sting but your eye will clean itself out. Its not like i poured it in his eye. I told her if she doesnt want sunscreen on his face, he needs to wear a hat.
Then she notices some redness on his forehead. "What happened to his head?!" I dont know, probably heat rash. Honestly...children with "fair" skin have all sorts of different things going on with their skin and most of the time for no reason.
Everything is a concern for this parent.
I cant wait til we move. We are downgrading so we can enjoy our money and not be house poor. Ill be able to care for just 3! And i can be picky about who i enroll!
CountryRoads 07:35 AM 06-17-2019
Dcm made a comment about how the center in town was doing a fundraiser for some new equipment.

"I mean, they have to pay for everything themselves!"

Umm...and what do you think home providers do??

I know she didn't mean any harm by it, but it was a little offensive.

Why are in-home daycares looked at as "less than" centers? Don't these parents understand all the expenses and work that goes into home daycares?
Cat Herder 07:52 AM 06-17-2019
We are downgrading so we can enjoy our money and not be house poor. Ill be able to care for just 3! And i can be picky about who i enroll!
This will be the best decision you ever make, IMHO, of course. It changed everything for us. Insurance poor is still something we have to figure out.
CountryRoads 07:50 AM 06-18-2019
Let's see...

DCF1 - Showed up 20 minutes before opening this morning, dcd has the day off.

DCF2 - Caused a meltdown and chaos at drop-off by letting her child bring a treat (because he "wouldn't put it down") and then handing it to me telling me to put it away.

DCF3 - Sent non-potty trained child in underwear because "he wanted to wear them."

I just love this venting thread!
springv 04:06 PM 06-18-2019
I am SO ready for the school agers to go back to school it isn't even funny. School age child told a younger school age child to shut up because he was being annoying. Older school age child thinks EVERYTHING is a joke and when we get onto him it does NOTHING! We tell his mom and she gets on to him but the next day its the same thing and its been like this since school got out!
Ac114 01:51 PM 06-19-2019
So I know giving special to clients is a no no and I’m slowly learning who appreciates me and who doesn’t. My very first daycare family argued over getting a free vacation week when I implemented a contract last year. When they started I did not have a contract. I stay open until 6pm for their child only when I close at 5:30. They were picking him up between 4:45-5:15 but now that it’s nice outside they come rolling in at 5:55 and sometimes drop off at 7:00am! Anyways, we are able to afford our very first family vacation. We’re going to Gatlinburg and also eloping. I was excited to share the news with everyone and this family’s only response was “do we need to pay for that week?” They are already getting a free week in August as well for their vacation. It just shows how much they really appreciate me. I wasn’t even going to charge them because that’s how it’s written in my contract but I’m just annoyed and upset that, that’s how they view me or appreciate our relationship. Not even a congrats or that’s exciting. Oh well I guess.
Idkwatimdoing 09:48 AM 06-20-2019
I have a huge rant lol I was on here a couple months back questioning if I should quit, because of my daycare's director incompetence of leading everyone. And questioning my own self worth because she keeps berating me and saying I can't do anything right.

((A little backstory again. I have worked in a similar daycare setting but it was after and before school program. Where the kids are already in kindergarten and elementary meaning some of them are behaved and knows manners. Not like the toddlers which I was thrust into working. Again, never told the interviewer and my director that yet she forced me to work in situations that were never claimed in my resume)).

Backstory done back to my rant. My director uses authoritarian to run this daycare. I really have never met such a callious, manipulative person for a boss. Its almost laughable at her attitude. She berates all of her staff yelling at everyone for very minor things. When I mean minor its things like, don't have the kids run around when parents are here. Dude, its in their genetics to run. She also lies about things constantly even in dire situations, for example, this toddler had a fever one time and her teacher wanted to check her temperature but she yelled at her to "control" her kid. She has a fever and you're yelling at her? Even lying to her parent all because you wanted to suck out the money.

She constantly puts words in peoples mouths stating stuff like did you go to school, do you not know english, use your brain, its common sense. Yet it doesn't apply the same to her apparently. She gets angry easily so when I tell her to calm down she got angsty and reploed with don't tell me what to do. Um...I told you to calm down cause you need to relax especially when you claimed you got out of the hospital. Its common sense for someone to relax after they got back from a hospital yet here you are getting angry at everything. She's extremely impatient as well not good for a director and also not very mature.

I have also seen her do some very shady things. When this new kid came in the daycare he cried very loudly, so she took him inside the washroom and slapped him. She didn't see that I saw her slap him, and came to me claiming that he was "banging" his head. She also hates it when I say I know as a response and always wants a last say to berate me. But like I just don't want to deal with your holyiness thats why I say I know. To get you the stfu.

For a daycare director when she hit the child that was the last straw. I'm glad I'm quitting and I'm also going to report her for this attitude toward that child.
CountryRoads 07:10 AM 06-25-2019
A parent asked me a few questions this morning which were all addressed in the handbook.

Does anyone read those things anymore?

Maybe she thought by asking me in person, my answer would change to what she wanted it to be
Bluemoon5 10:40 AM 06-25-2019
Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, that's all I've got. There are no words to describe this morning. Just three more days until my kids all move up!
Cat Herder 07:28 AM 06-26-2019
18 months on a personal debt payment plan, set to be paid off, again (kids college/cars, medical), in 6 months. So close.

You guessed it. Back to month 1. I did not go backward, yet, but lost my progress.

I had to replace the fridge, stove, washer, dryer, coffee/end tables, three rugs and two mattresses this year. I did manage to sell my truck to offset some damage.

BUT, now we need a new roof and 3 massive trees must come down (will require professionals). My DH can fund half of the roof, but that still leaves me back underwater for who knows how long. Grr.. Plans.

Off now for some sweets and an attitude adjustment. I know so many have it so much worse. We have been in this house 13 years, it was coming.
Annalee 09:09 AM 06-26-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
18 months on a personal debt payment plan, set to be paid off, again (kids college/cars, medical), in 6 months. So close.

You guessed it. Back to month 1. I did not go backward, yet, but lost my progress.

I had to replace the fridge, stove, washer, dryer, coffee/end tables, three rugs and two mattresses this year. I did manage to sell my truck to offset some damage.

BUT, now we need a new roof and 3 massive trees must come down (will require professionals). My DH can fund half of the roof, but that still leaves me back underwater for who knows how long. Grr.. Plans.

Off now for some sweets and an attitude adjustment. I know so many have it so much worse. We have been in this house 13 years, it was coming.
I hear ya! My brother has given me tons of boxes of laminate to redo my floors and rip up carpet that is 25 years old (since we built it) but I'm afraid to begin afraid I will have some floor repairs or other unforeseen issues arise!
Cat Herder 07:00 AM 06-27-2019
2 year old. One of only two kids here today. Everyone else out on vacation or with GP's. Walking in circles with toy cell phone yelling "You better show. I'm tired of this bullship. You late, you fired. Now! Now! No! Now!"

Time to put the phones away for a bit. Gave her a doll and book, she ripped it's leg off and sat on the book. Lego's it is.

Her Dad owns a construction company.
sharlan 07:23 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

I hear you. I knew with my mom's estate I could retire and we could breathe a little easier.

Oh, no. My husband's truck has been in the shop several times and he keeps whining about needing new tires. We bought a new Subaru to cut the mileage and gas on his truck. He doesn't want to drive it. He picked it out.

I put my mom's car in my name, registration, and insurance so my sister can drive it. One week later the transmission goes out. Not worth repairing.

We decided to keep Mom's condo in PS. We lost power in one room. DH and SIL spent hours trying to find cause. Hire electricians, spent 4 hours, couldn't find it. They come back with a tracer and find a broken wire inside a wire nut on a ceiling fan that was installed 35 years ago.

Dh takes my van in for an oil change. Next day I smell oil burning and assume they spilt oil. No, rear main seal went out. DH picks up his truck and drops off my van to the mechanic.

SIL comes home from work after a 14 hour day yesterday and takes a shower. He slipped and fell, putting his knee through the fiberglass tub. At least he didn't fall through the glass enclosure.

I just see $$$$ flying out the window.

Good thing, we sold my mom's house for $37.5K over asking price and we're closing escrow 28 days after we put it on the market.
Ac114 11:02 AM 06-27-2019
Is it a full moon?

DCM1: I’ll be here at 12:30 to pick up DCG.
I text DCM at 12:30, are you still coming?
Her reply, yes sorry I got side tracked. I won’t be there until 1:30. Ok please be quiet coming in since it’s nap time. Comes barging I’m waking up the twins. Ok thanks mom.

DCM2: comes barging in at 2:00 pm to drop of DCB when he always here by 9:30. I assumed he wasn’t coming since I didn’t get a response. He screams and throws a fit, of course waking up the twins yet again and she turns around and takes him home.

Seriously people. Respect my rules. I can’t make this stuff up.
Indoorvoice 02:17 PM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Is it a full moon?

DCM1: I’ll be here at 12:30 to pick up DCG.
I text DCM at 12:30, are you still coming?
Her reply, yes sorry I got side tracked. I won’t be there until 1:30. Ok please be quiet coming in since it’s nap time. Comes barging I’m waking up the twins. Ok thanks mom.

DCM2: comes barging in at 2:00 pm to drop of DCB when he always here by 9:30. I assumed he wasn’t coming since I didn’t get a response. He screams and throws a fit, of course waking up the twins yet again and she turns around and takes him home.

Seriously people. Respect my rules. I can’t make this stuff up.
What is even the point of dropping off at 2pm? This isn't a babysitter drop in service when you need to run errands for a few hours! I had 2 families who did this to me often and they did me in!
springv 03:49 PM 06-27-2019
Employee put in her notice to quit and we have noticed that within the last few weeks she has posted stuff that's really offended a lot of us and she got confronted today about something that she posted about and denied it and we Found out that someone has gone and told things that were not to be told. Some of the girls are younger than me and think that they don't have to do their job and f they get told something they get mad
Unregistered 06:35 AM 06-28-2019
Potty training three year olds in onesies
MomBoss 11:00 AM 07-03-2019
Why do i have to cry when im frusterated or mad. Why cant i just be mad lol its impossible for me to talk when i am mad or frustrated because i will just start crying. I put in a claim for my furniture warrenty and because i used the wrong wording, it was denied. This is why people need to physically look at things. im not a craftsman idk what the wording is for couch parts. When i tried to explain that, its didnt matter. Such scams
nanglgrl 06:30 AM 07-05-2019
Just need to vent. Normally I would take today off since yesterday was a holiday. We went to Europe in May/June for 2 weeks and the planning for that was overwhelming so i forgot to schedule today off when sending out my summer schedule. I already knew the majority of the children would be gone so I sent a text to the remaining 2 families apologizing for being so late in my planning and saying most of the children would not be here, offering to take today unpaid for everyone but said, since this was late notice, I would work if absolutely needed (but would also have to charge everyone if I’m open). Of course the 2 families said they absolutely needed me. Of course it’s my first arrivals and last pick ups. Of course they dropped off and aren’t working. I know I shouldn’t be annoyed, that I should have expected this, and should have just taken the day off. I’m experienced enough to know this is always how it goes but I’m still trying really hard not to grit my teeth.
Indoorvoice 06:56 AM 07-05-2019
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Just need to vent. Normally I would take today off since yesterday was a holiday. We went to Europe in May/June for 2 weeks and the planning for that was overwhelming so i forgot to schedule today off when sending out my summer schedule. I already knew the majority of the children would be gone so I sent a text to the remaining 2 families apologizing for being so late in my planning and saying most of the children would not be here, offering to take today unpaid for everyone but said, since this was late notice, I would work if absolutely needed (but would also have to charge everyone if I’m open). Of course the 2 families said they absolutely needed me. Of course it’s my first arrivals and last pick ups. Of course they dropped off and aren’t working. I know I shouldn’t be annoyed, that I should have expected this, and should have just taken the day off. I’m experienced enough to know this is always how it goes but I’m still trying really hard not to grit my teeth.
You should text them and say that due to low numbers and the fact that no one is using you for work purposes today you will be closing after nap. You're the boss. You can do that!
Cat Herder 09:22 AM 07-05-2019
I only have one today, same deal. DCM, when she notices no one else was on the sign-in sheet says "Oh, she's going to love having you all to herself. How fun!!"

No, DCM, today will be miserable because she will still be expected to play independently in centers, go outside for large muscle activity, take a nap and clean up toys after herself.

How do they not get that?

One guess who is now back in backward footed PJ's. So nasty.
DaveA 04:03 AM 07-09-2019
The moment when a DCM unironically tells you how much working 5 days in a row sucks.
Ac114 07:36 AM 07-10-2019
DCG 4.5 was out yesterday due to ear pain. She was dropped off Monday and mom said she’s been complaining since Saturday that her ear hurts. I said well she probably needs to see a doctor for an ear infection or swimmers ear. She complained about it all day and told dad at pick up that DCG was really upset and should see a doctor. Somewhere between Tuesday night and weds morning they made a trip to the ER for a ruptured eardrum. It seriously annoys me that they waited until her ear drum ruptured to seek medical care. They have insurance (it’s been mentioned before dad has great insurance benefits but hates his job) so the fact that they were just this lazy is mind boggling to me.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62  ... Last
Reply Up