Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Reggio / Waldorf / Forest Kindergarten / Granola / Natural - Learning Methods>Indoor Footwear
Jack Sprat 06:33 PM 10-09-2013
I dread winter and bare feet. So I am making all the dck's slippers for wear in the house. So easy! I have made two pairs so far and the kids love them!

I posted this here as I was inspired to make them when I visited a Waldorf school. The had a strict no shoes in the school policy.
Unregistered 06:56 PM 10-09-2013
What are they made of?
butterfly 07:08 PM 10-09-2013
interesting! I'd love to see photos.
daycarediva 10:16 AM 10-10-2013
NEAT! I have a no shoes policy as well, and I hate feet. (ew) I have a bunch of those thick socks with the rubber bottoms that I have the kids slip on when they arrive and then just wash and reuse them.
blandino 12:36 PM 10-10-2013
I should do something similar. I don't hate feet, but I don't like the cold toes that ones along with it. In the past I have let the parents send slippers.
Blackcat31 12:46 PM 10-10-2013
I have in floor heat so it's always warm....even for MN winters.

I was also raised to never wear shoes in the house (especially in other people's homes) so wearing shoes inside would feel really awkward.

Some of my parents send slippers for their child(ren) and some of my younger ones wear tights so that their "socks" never come off and their legs stay extra warm.
Jack Sprat 10:52 AM 10-14-2013
Mine are made from cotton yarn I got here www.greensheepshop.com.

Here is a pic of DD's. This is my first pair I made.

2013-10-06 17.17.10.jpg

They aren't perfect. But, she loves them.
Attached:
LoraJenkins 11:59 AM 10-14-2013
Ooooooh, since I both knit & crochet, and have a whole room full of yarn, I should do this!!!!! Thank you for the idea
Familycare71 12:03 PM 10-14-2013
I need to figure something out- no shoes allowed here. I am barefoot -even in the winter- but I also run hot!
I feel bad taking dck socks off but I have hard wood so they are either skidding on purpose or by accident.
Maybe ill have parents bring slippers with traction on the bottom- but then I have a feeling ill be searching the house for when they are removed.
playground1 12:07 AM 05-22-2014
I'm just a bit late on the post here, but I wanted to say that in my day care, every child has a pair of house shoes. They aren't allowed to come into the rooms with regular shoes on and neither are the parents.

Most of the kids have these:

Especially with infants, it's so much cleaner!
LysesKids 03:04 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by queen_of_the_playground:
I'm just a bit late on the post here, but I wanted to say that in my day care, every child has a pair of house shoes. They aren't allowed to come into the rooms with regular shoes on and neither are the parents.

Most of the kids have these:

Especially with infants, it's so much cleaner!
Same here; I do nothing but babies, so it's a no brainer
Tags:footwear, footwear - indoor
Reply Up