Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update on Need Advice
laundrymom 08:31 AM 11-22-2010
you may remember me asking for advice on how to word termination on a family Ive had many issues with for years, They pay late or partial, or bad checks, lying to me as to what where why etc,...I was terming since I am having a new baby come next monday. They were on vacation last week so I couldnt term when I wanted to. And was terming at drop off today,.. they had someone drop off money last friday to pay for this weeks care. Low and behold it is a check,.. not on moms account, but dads who has never written me a bad check... So I held onto it figuring I would return it to her today when I gave notice... Well last week another family who was going to be with me until Feb 1 (when second baby is due to arrive) called ,.. dad fell off roof and they would still pay full time but not be here much. Well Mom texted me early today,.. they found out how much sick pay was and cant afford to come,.. so instead of terming troubled family,.. I tear up papers,... figure its karma telling me to keep them,... so I call bank to verify funds and low and behold,.. nsf in dads account,. so I make up a form,.. cash payments for any fees effective immediately and permanantly . I also fill out the late fee papers, adding them until today since the check wont clear. Mom drops off today,.. I chat about their vacation,.. and all then I tell her, hey I have to return this check to you,.. it didnt clear,.. she says,.. Well I knew it wouldnt clear friday but I figured you wouldnt cash it til late today or tomorrow,.. I said,. why would you give me a check that didnt work? she says she figured she could deposit cash today and it be ok by the time I got off work today to cash it,...I said no it was written on friday, due friday and didnt cash friday,.. I said, this is the late fees, if you pay in cash by pickup today, its another day if you pay in cash tomorrow,.. she says,.. your seriously charging me late fees? but Ive been on vacation and spent way too much,.. I said,.. Im sorry but black friday is this week and your late fees will help alot. and smiled. she just said,.. I cant believe your charging me . I just told her, I cant believe you spent your daycare money on vacation. She said,.. yeah,.. I just wasnt thinking. I figured she would yank him right then. but no she said,.. well... Ill bring you the cash at pickup. Thanks for taking good care of him. And left. It felt so good to stand up for myself,.. she has NO idea that 10 minutes prior to her arrival I decided to keep them, instead of terming when the other family termed due to dad falling off roof and breaking back. I did wave any notice and required fees because of the circumstance with that. I mean,.. they guy is seriously broken, not just laid up for awhile.... But I am not backing down again with this family.... I figure Ill term mid january and be done with them.
care-care 08:38 AM 11-22-2010
I hope I can have a backbone when I need to .. Everything seemed to work out for you for now
momofboys 08:40 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
you may remember me asking for advice on how to word termination on a family Ive had many issues with for years, They pay late or partial, or bad checks, lying to me as to what where why etc,...I was terming since I am having a new baby come next monday. They were on vacation last week so I couldnt term when I wanted to. And was terming at drop off today,.. they had someone drop off money last friday to pay for this weeks care. Low and behold it is a check,.. not on moms account, but dads who has never written me a bad check... So I held onto it figuring I would return it to her today when I gave notice... Well last week another family who was going to be with me until Feb 1 (when second baby is due to arrive) called ,.. dad fell off roof and they would still pay full time but not be here much. Well Mom texted me early today,.. they found out how much sick pay was and cant afford to come,.. so instead of terming troubled family,.. I tear up papers,... figure its karma telling me to keep them,... so I call bank to verify funds and low and behold,.. nsf in dads account,. so I make up a form,.. cash payments for any fees effective immediately and permanantly . I also fill out the late fee papers, adding them until today since the check wont clear. Mom drops off today,.. I chat about their vacation,.. and all then I tell her, hey I have to return this check to you,.. it didnt clear,.. she says,.. Well I knew it wouldnt clear friday but I figured you wouldnt cash it til late today or tomorrow,.. I said,. why would you give me a check that didnt work? she says she figured she could deposit cash today and it be ok by the time I got off work today to cash it,...I said no it was written on friday, due friday and didnt cash friday,.. I said, this is the late fees, if you pay in cash by pickup today, its another day if you pay in cash tomorrow,.. she says,.. your seriously charging me late fees? but Ive been on vacation and spent way too much,.. I said,.. Im sorry but black friday is this week and your late fees will help alot. and smiled. she just said,.. I cant believe your charging me . I just told her, I cant believe you spent your daycare money on vacation. She said,.. yeah,.. I just wasnt thinking. I figured she would yank him right then. but no she said,.. well... Ill bring you the cash at pickup. Thanks for taking good care of him. And left. It felt so good to stand up for myself,.. she has NO idea that 10 minutes prior to her arrival I decided to keep them, instead of terming when the other family termed due to dad falling off roof and breaking back. I did wave any notice and required fees because of the circumstance with that. I mean,.. they guy is seriously broken, not just laid up for awhile.... But I am not backing down again with this family.... I figure Ill term mid january and be done with them.

I can't believe she would be mad AT YOU that she overpsent. Like it is your fault that she can't manage her $$$ & have enough to pay for daycare. If it is due on Friday you have every right to have it in your hand that day.
AfterSchoolMom 08:42 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by :
she says,.. your seriously charging me late fees? but Ive been on vacation and spent way too much,.. I said,.. Im sorry but black friday is this week and your late fees will help alot. and smiled. she just said,.. I cant believe your charging me . I just told her, I cant believe you spent your daycare money on vacation.

You are officially my hero. I think this is so great!
SilverSabre25 08:45 AM 11-22-2010
Good for you! I'm glad that things seem to be working out. I need to learn to have a backbone. And I hope that the dad who broke his back turns out to be okay!
laundrymom 08:48 AM 11-22-2010
thanks!!! Yes, the dad was cleaning gutters, Mom is a shift worker so he was letting her sleep. 2 story farmhouse,... had the kids (another whole vent!! ugh, men!) hold the ladder for him, he fell landed on the 7 yr old's foot, she sent the 4 yr old in to mommy for help. He seems to have damaged at L1. so hopefully,.. and thankfully,.. he will heal with minimal lifelong effects.
missnikki 09:20 AM 11-22-2010
Not to be funny- I bet he won't let the kids hold the ladder anymore.
laundrymom 09:25 AM 11-22-2010
oh no,... he definately wont! lol. He knows how close he came to not only killing himself, but one of his kids,... had he landed ON his daughters head instead of her foot,.. she wouldnt be here, I am sure of it.

Originally Posted by missnikki:
Not to be funny- I bet he won't let the kids hold the ladder anymore.

laundrymom 10:56 AM 11-22-2010
now,.. lets take bets on wether she has money tonight or not? she is due to pick up about 3-4ish. Im thinking Im going to be terming today after all. I have his cubby packed up just in case. well except for a few diapers,...
Michael 02:32 PM 11-22-2010
We have some previous termination letters here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ination+letter
nikia 02:36 PM 11-22-2010
Did u get paid? I'm not sure what time it is by u but just checking lol
laundrymom 05:47 PM 11-22-2010
wow, cash, including fees. =-) hello black friday!
safechner 05:53 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
wow, cash, including fees. =-) hello black friday!
Yay! I am glad everything turn out good!
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up