Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dumb@$$ Parents
sassysue 05:58 AM 04-10-2012
"Oh DCG has been eating out of her easter basket all morning,I don't think she will be hungry for breakfast"
"She's been up since 4a.m. she wanted to watch t.v".
They've already been warned that if she cant participate in daily activities she WILL be sent home. She hasn't moved since she got here. I've never seen a child with such huge dark circles and bags under their eyes.
When I try to get her to play she cries and I can't rearrange our day so she can sleep another 5 hours! We have a field trip in less than a half hour.Guess who just got a call to come pick her up.I will never understand what is so hard about making sure your child has proper sleep. It blows my mind!!!
The parents are either going to learn quickly or they are gone!!!!
Thanks for letting me vent
Zoe 06:15 AM 04-10-2012
Wow. Just wow. And I'm sure they knew about the field trip too, but still let their kid stay up that early in the morning eating candy. I feel for you! Not fun! Good for you for calling them to pick her up so you don't have to deal with the fall-out on a field trip!
Blackcat31 06:21 AM 04-10-2012
Before every holiday, I send out a reminder stating that I fully understand how crazy and unroutine holidays can be for a child but as the parent it is their responsibility to make sure their child comes to daycare fully rested, fed and up to the daily routine. Regardless of what went on over the weekend or day off.

If not, I will not hesitate to send someone home.

Then if a kid shows up with any type of candy hangover or "zombie-like" state of mind I send home immediately.

When you are strict about that policy and follow through on it every. single. time....parents RARELY send their kids if they don't think they are up to par....kwim?
sassysue 06:41 AM 04-10-2012

I'm sorry this is just funny now.Dad came to pick her up,she was asleep on her cot.Picked her up and carried her to his car,didn't say a single word.
I followed him out to help my assistants load up the kids. As soon as he put her in his car she woke up and vomit went everywhere.Oh,I'm laughing right now as I type this(Not because she got sick that's not her fault,poor girl) because he is just so stupid! Karma at it's finest
The look on his face was priceless. He had to move his car so my assistants could get out of the driveway.I went to our van and got him a roll of paper towels."Candy for breakfast doesn't sound like such a good idea after all huh dad?" He was trying not to get sick himself.I know I shouldn't be laughing but I'm just glad I didn't decide to just let her go and sleep on the way in the van. If I would have had to clean up that mess in my van I would have been so mad.You can never get that smell out.
Lesson learned dad,maybe he'll remember everytime he takes a whiff in his car
I better get to cleaning.Tuesdays are the days my assistants take the kids on a field trip and picnic lunch and I get to clean(lucky me) I jusy had to post an update.
I will be laughing about this all day
WImom 06:53 AM 04-10-2012
That is way too funny!
MissK 06:59 AM 04-10-2012
hahaha don't think there could have been a better end to that
DaycareMomma 07:13 AM 04-10-2012
Oh my goodness... That is nothing short of karma at its finest!
frugalmama4 07:27 AM 04-10-2012
Good Morning,

I had to tag your thread...may need a picker-upper one day

This is to funny...I don't get it either WHY???? People why???? Your kid needs to sleep and not eat candy early in the morning.

I have to stop and question myself...was I ever this stupid when my kids attending daycare.

Thanks for the laugh!
momma2girls 07:39 AM 04-10-2012
the list goes on and on.......
what about parents that stay at home with one child, that is sick, and bring the other child, that is sick as well, and gives it to all of us here at daycare, inc. my own children!!
The Mother that wants her 3-4 month old child, right beside you at all times all day long, inc. nap.
the families that take off, but bring their child to you, wake them up at the same time, and pick them up at the same time
the family that schools say they make her go in on snow days and late starts>????
fully knowing you have it in your contract, all babies must be fed their first bottle before coming to daycare- drop off and say she is really hungry, she last ate at 4:00, and now it is 7:30 and fully knowing I can't get to it, til I get my own kids on their school busses, it might be 8:45 or after before I have time to feed them!!
they park behind my husband, so he can't get out for work, as he stands at the doorway, with his coat on and opens the garage door, and they see it, he needs to leave. Then they take their sweet time dropping kids off!!!
The list goes on and on and on.......
Angelwings36 07:54 AM 04-10-2012
I would have done the same thing. If the child can not participate in regular activities, they can't be in care. My son is 7 years old and there is no way in he** that I would let him eat out of his easter basket in the morning. He is not even allow to take treats to school with him. After we have had supper I may allow him to have ONE or TWO treats out of his basket but that's it. On the weekends in the afternoon I'm a little bit more lenient. However, I personally avoid buying a whole bunch of candy treats for the reason of having to limit them. I will do little toys, easter books, stuffies etc...and a little bit of chocolate.
Breezy 07:54 AM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
the list goes on and on.......
what about parents that stay at home with one child, that is sick, and bring the other child, that is sick as well, and gives it to all of us here at daycare, inc. my own children!!
The Mother that wants her 3-4 month old child, right beside you at all times all day long, inc. nap.
the families that take off, but bring their child to you, wake them up at the same time, and pick them up at the same time
the family that schools say they make her go in on snow days and late starts>????
fully knowing you have it in your contract, all babies must be fed their first bottle before coming to daycare- drop off and say she is really hungry, she last ate at 4:00, and now it is 7:30 and fully knowing I can't get to it, til I get my own kids on their school busses, it might be 8:45 or after before I have time to feed them!!
they park behind my husband, so he can't get out for work, as he stands at the doorway, with his coat on and opens the garage door, and they see it, he needs to leave. Then they take their sweet time dropping kids off!!!
The list goes on and on and on.......
Oh yes, DCM brought DCbaby here this morning saying "shes been screaming for the last 10 minutes and hasnt eaten since 3. I think she is hungry" It was 7:30!
momma2girls 08:09 AM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Oh yes, DCM brought DCbaby here this morning saying "shes been screaming for the last 10 minutes and hasnt eaten since 3. I think she is hungry" It was 7:30!
Do you have it in your contract about babies must be fed their first bottle before coming to daycare? I always have, I just underlined it, in the new one!!
Breezy 08:15 AM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by momma2girls:
Do you have it in your contract about babies must be fed their first bottle before coming to daycare? I always have, I just underlined it, in the new one!!
Yep, I sure do! I have been understanding every time she brings her not fed because they live an hour away from me so they have a long long drive ahead every morning. So MAYBE she wasn't hungry when they left but UGH
cheerfuldom 08:16 AM 04-10-2012
talk about Karma, OP! I'm sorry but that is funny. I had a mom one time try to sneak in her sick kid and he threw up ALL over her right on the porch. I let her come in so SHE could clean him up and then go home for the day. Nice try DCM! I had another try to sneak in a kid that threw up in his car seat and just covered him with a blanket (him and the throw up).....why would someone do that?!?! He is sick for goodness sake, how selfish can you get?
momofboys 08:46 AM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
talk about Karma, OP! I'm sorry but that is funny. I had a mom one time try to sneak in her sick kid and he threw up ALL over her right on the porch. I let her come in so SHE could clean him up and then go home for the day. Nice try DCM! I had another try to sneak in a kid that threw up in his car seat and just covered him with a blanket (him and the throw up).....why would someone do that?!?! He is sick for goodness sake, how selfish can you get?
How'd you catch the car seat kid? Could you smell it? Did you remove the blanket only to see the throw up?!? Disgusting & unbelieveable!
TBird 10:12 AM 04-10-2012
That poor baby!!!

But I will be laughing at Dad all day long...DUHHHHHH!!!
And I hate to have to say this but what vindication for you. They can never say that you dismissed for 'no reason'.
Meeko 11:49 AM 04-10-2012
Originally Posted by sassysue:

I'm sorry this is just funny now.Dad came to pick her up,she was asleep on her cot.Picked her up and carried her to his car,didn't say a single word.
I followed him out to help my assistants load up the kids. As soon as he put her in his car she woke up and vomit went everywhere.Oh,I'm laughing right now as I type this(Not because she got sick that's not her fault,poor girl) because he is just so stupid! Karma at it's finest
The look on his face was priceless. He had to move his car so my assistants could get out of the driveway.I went to our van and got him a roll of paper towels."Candy for breakfast doesn't sound like such a good idea after all huh dad?" He was trying not to get sick himself.I know I shouldn't be laughing but I'm just glad I didn't decide to just let her go and sleep on the way in the van. If I would have had to clean up that mess in my van I would have been so mad.You can never get that smell out.
Lesson learned dad,maybe he'll remember everytime he takes a whiff in his car
I better get to cleaning.Tuesdays are the days my assistants take the kids on a field trip and picnic lunch and I get to clean(lucky me) I jusy had to post an update.
I will be laughing about this all day
I'm sorry the poor child got sick...but the parents got what they deserved!!
Kaddidle Care 01:10 PM 04-10-2012
"Oh DCG has been eating out of her easter basket all morning,I don't think she will be hungry for breakfast"
"She's been up since 4a.m. she wanted to watch t.v".

I followed him out to help my assistants load up the kids. As soon as he put her in his car she woke up and vomit went everywhere.
Ooooh - guess who won't be allowed in tomorrow? uh huh! 24 hours no fever no puke right?
Unregistered 07:51 PM 07-18-2013
you all sound like a bunch of silly day-careless, disinterested teen providers with a need to vent your clinical grade frustration with your dead-end jobs..

if you don't like, or are not capable of, giving proper care to tender little kids, especially after making their parents pay through their noses, u should really find another job..
Sprouts 07:57 PM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
you all sound like a bunch of silly day-careless, disinterested teen providers with a need to vent your clinical grade frustration with your dead-end jobs..

if you don't like, or are not capable of, giving proper care to tender little kids, especially after making their parents pay through their noses, u should really find another job..
You are right about the "silly" and "providers" and a "need to vent"!
you obviously must be new here, so welcome!
CedarCreek 08:00 PM 07-18-2013

....and you must be so busy and fulfilled with your life to be digging up old threads and throwing insults at people on the internet.
BABYLUVER21 10:13 PM 07-18-2013

OR perhaps if you don't like, or are not capable of, properly parenting your child, especially since they are YOUR children and you are supposed to be paying for your children's quality care (and by screwing up your parenting, depriving them and your provider to GIVE them that quality care), you shouldn't have had children. Selfish and stupid people shouldn't be parents and if they're going to be, then I suppose them reading something providers RIGHTLY vent about means the SHOE FITS!
Unregistered 10:14 PM 07-18-2013
Originally Posted by BABYLUVER21:
OR perhaps if you don't like, or are not capable of, properly parenting your child, especially since they are YOUR children and you are supposed to be paying for your children's quality care (and by screwing up your parenting, depriving them and your provider to GIVE them that quality care), you shouldn't have had children. Selfish and stupid people shouldn't be parents and if they're going to be, then I suppose them reading something providers RIGHTLY vent about and then being insulted by it means the SHOE FITS!
LOL HIT something and my post got out of place before I noticed! But it still applies.
sassysue 04:53 AM 07-19-2013
Since this thread got brought back up by unregistered I thought I would give a second update.That little was terminated shortly after but I still see her pics posted on facebook.
I saw last week where she had 4 rotten teeth pulled and 6 cavities filled! Why you would post that on your facebook profile,basically advertising what a neglectful parent you are.It is NOT cute that your 3 year old has rotten teeth!
Some people were not meant to have kids!
craftymissbeth 06:02 AM 07-19-2013
Since this thread got brought back up by unregistered I thought I would give a second update.That little was terminated shortly after but I still see her pics posted on facebook.
I saw last week where she had 4 rotten teeth pulled and 6 cavities filled! Why you would post that on your facebook profile,basically advertising what a neglectful parent you are.It is NOT cute that your 3 year old has rotten teeth!
Some people were not meant to have kids!
Holy cow! Those poor teeth weren't in there very long... I wonder how long her permanent teeth will last
MotherNature 06:14 AM 07-19-2013
wow- That's sad. Thanks for the update though! I really enjoyed going through so many of the older threads before I joined a few months ago.
Jane 07:21 AM 07-19-2013
You people are a bunch of idiots!! I have been looking at these threads on here and all of you seem so bitter about your job. A lot of you judge parenting styles. Just because you work with children everyday and run a daycare does not mean that you are miss know it alls!! Get that straight. I am sure a bunch of your kids are just as screwed up. Everyone makes mistakes as parents, even you stupid judgemental people!!!
Unregistered 07:35 AM 07-19-2013
Nope,I'm not bitter at all.I love my job and can say that I take better care of the children in my care.Yep,I'm that big of an idiot to b able to say that.Mistakes,yes.Neglect,never! There is a big difference!
Unregistered 07:45 AM 07-19-2013
Nope,I'm not bitter at all.I love my job and can say that I take better care of the children in my care.Yep,I'm that big of an idiot to b able to say that.Mistakes,yes.Neglect,never! There is a big difference!
You really think you can take better care of child than the parent of the child. Ha whatever and I'm sure at some point in your child's life someone else was able to better care for *your* child. I do not deny that all parents are great I know some pretty ****ty ones, but the way you all talk on here is as if you talk down on all parents just because they do differently than you. Not every house hold is the same and that is okay. Just because a parent doesn't do something you think they should be doing as parenting does not make them a bad or irresponsible or neglectful parent. Some people just do not know how to parent because they are still learning. As long as a parent loves their child and does the best they can that is all that matters. You can be the best parent in the world and your child could still grow up to be a monster or you can be the worst parent and your child could grow up to be amazing.
littlemissmuffet 07:51 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by Jane:
You people are a bunch of idiots!! I have been looking at these threads on here and all of you seem so bitter about your job. A lot of you judge parenting styles. Just because you work with children everyday and run a daycare does not mean that you are miss know it alls!! Get that straight. I am sure a bunch of your kids are just as screwed up. Everyone makes mistakes as parents, even you stupid judgemental people!!!
There's a big difference between making mistakes and being a lazy, neglectful parent - which, many of us childcare providers have to deal with on a regular basis. When you are in childcare, you are bound to come accross BAD parents... and don't think for a moment that there aren't a multitude of BAD parents out there.
Making mistakes is one thing, learning from those mistakes is another.

Having raised many, many more children than the average parent (plus courses, classes and research in child care) - I am (along with most of the providers here) much more knowledgable and experienced in dealing with children and child CARE techniques than most parents are. So, yes, in a way, some of us are know-it-alls

Coming here call us "idiots", "stupid" and ironically judgemental doesn't help prove your case in the least.
Unregistered 08:10 AM 07-19-2013
Yes! I do believe I take better care of a child whose parents let her teeth rot out of her mouth before the age of three. Not properly caring for your child is not a 'parenting syle",it's called neglect.Sorry if you don't want to accept that fact,and yes,I will admit to judging people who don't properly care for their own children.
I can safely say no one has ever took better care of my children"some time in their lie"-
I'm home with my children,properly caring for them along with many other children.
If you can't even get the basic needs in life figured out for your children you shoud not have them,or figure it out quicker.There are many parenting books out there.
I'm done arguing with you! I can go to sleep and be at peace with myself knowing I do the best for my kids and the kids in my care every night!
MarinaVanessa 08:43 AM 07-19-2013
You really think you can take better care of child than the parent of the child. Ha whatever and I'm sure at some point in your child's life someone else was able to better care for *your* child. I do not deny that all parents are great I know some pretty ****ty ones, but the way you all talk on here is as if you talk down on all parents just because they do differently than you. Not every house hold is the same and that is okay. Just because a parent doesn't do something you think they should be doing as parenting does not make them a bad or irresponsible or neglectful parent. Some people just do not know how to parent because they are still learning. As long as a parent loves their child and does the best they can that is all that matters. You can be the best parent in the world and your child could still grow up to be a monster or you can be the worst parent and your child could grow up to be amazing.
I have a problem with this statement. I for one post here regularly so I have been thrown into the lump of "all of you" and I know that I for one and most other providers that post here vent about particular parents. Not all parents as a whole. In fact I have said numerous times that my current clients are great clients. I have vented about particular clients before sure, but these were clients that paid late, broke policies and/or had entitlement issues. Everyone vents about their jobs once in a while.

The OP was posted as a vent to a particular parent and the comments in response were directed towards similar parents, not all parents...as are most posts. Most providers here are fair and try not to lump all parents into a single category, believe me if we all thought that ALL parents were bad parents or if we thought that ALL parents that parented differently were bad parents then we wouldn't be in the business of daycare. Not all parents are bad, just like not all providers are bad or bitter. We are normal human beings that come here to vent out our frustrations so that we can get it out of our systems and move on. It's a relief.

Oh and to the anonymous person that says we "make the parents pay through their noses" I'm assuming that you are talking about the cost of child care. To that I'd simply like to respond that people need to remember that child care is not expensive, having children is expensive. These are things that should be taken into account when deciding to have children. You don't go out and buy a car if you can't afford the maintenance and that applies for children as well.
Familycare71 08:49 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I have a problem with this statement. I for one post here regularly so I have been thrown into the lump of "all of you" and I know that I for one and most other providers that post here vent about particular parents. Not all parents as a whole. In fact I have said numerous times that my current clients are great clients. I have vented about particular clients before sure, but these were clients that paid late, broke policies and/or had entitlement issues. Everyone vents about their jobs once in a while.

The OP was posted as a vent to a particular parent and the comments in response were directed towards similar parents, not all parents...as are most posts. Most providers here are fair and try not to lump all parents into a single category, believe me if we all thought that ALL parents were bad parents or if we thought that ALL parents that parented differently were bad parents then we wouldn't be in the business of daycare. Not all parents are bad, just like not all providers are bad or bitter. We are normal human beings that come here to vent out our frustrations so that we can get it out of our systems and move on. It's a relief.

Oh and to the anonymous person that says we "make the parents pay through their noses" I'm assuming that you are talking about the cost of child care. To that I'd simply like to respond that people need to remember that child care is not expensive, having children is expensive. These are things that should be taken into account when deciding to have children. You don't go out and buy a car if you can't afford the maintenance and that applies for children as well.
AMEN!!!! .
Unregistered 10:11 AM 07-19-2013
Coming here call us "idiots", "stupid" and ironically judgemental doesn't help prove your case in the least.[/quote]

Nor does opening a thread, in the first place called "dumba$$ parents"!!!!
it doesn't help prove that you all are very mature.
to say, yes you will judge a parent because their child had to have rotten teeth taken out, but then get offended when someone judges you by what YOU put out there...hypocrite much?!
e.j. 10:12 AM 07-19-2013
especially after making their parents pay through their noses,
I rarely respond to this kind of post but I do have to say this: Child care can be very expensive. Much depends on the number of hours a child is in care. I never "make" parents pay through the nose, however. I discuss my rates with parents during our initial interview. They decide whether or not to enroll their children in my program.
Cradle2crayons 10:26 AM 07-19-2013
Childcare IS expensive.... So are the clothes you have to buy for the little people...and their food..... And their shoes...... Ad everything else that goes along with children.

If u can't afford the above, don't have kids.

It's really simple.
SilverSabre25 10:27 AM 07-19-2013
Chill out guys, or I'm locking this thread. Arguing with unregistered trolls serves no one any purpose and just makes them keep doing it.
Unregistered 10:33 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Chill out guys, or I'm locking this thread. Arguing with unregistered trolls serves no one any purpose and just makes them keep doing it.
So people who do not register in this forum are trolls??!! Wow! I didn't know we were in middle school.
No, you can't comment on here because you are not apart of our group, club, whatever you people want to call it.
What is the difference in signing up and commenting unregistered? Either way it is going to be anonymous!
Cradle2crayons 10:40 AM 07-19-2013
So people who do not register in this forum are trolls??!! Wow! I didn't know we were in middle school.
No, you can't comment on here because you are not apart of our group, club, whatever you people want to call it.
What is the difference in signing up and commenting unregistered? Either way it is going to be anonymous!
Because if you are registered and post as anonymous it's not really anonymous
craftymissbeth 10:54 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I don't see how this thread is out of control enough to warrant locking it. We should be able to tell our side of things even if it's to a "troll". I haven't seen any post on this thread that makes me go so reprimanding those who have responded to the unregistered and threatening to lock the thread is a little much. I've seen WAY worse and the mods considered those "reasonable discussions"
SilverSabre25 10:58 AM 07-19-2013
Nope, not what I said at all. Posting rude, useless, and inane things, just to get a rise out of people, is trolling. It's a common term, been in use about as long as the Internet has existed. You ARE trolling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29 <--link to the Wikipedia definiton of "troll/trolling".

Unregistered users are more than welcome to post...if the posts are not rude and deliberately argumentative. When a thread gets out of hand and degenerates to namecalling and rudeness, moderators will step in and take care of it. We were asked to address the issue. I felt the thread (which was fine in it's original form, fyi) was getting out of hand. I asked for everyone to put a stop to it. I'm merely fulfilling my role as moderator.

if you don't like it, don't be rude.
My3cents 11:05 AM 07-19-2013
Baloney- Some parents don't want to learn. They keep having kids because the government will give them more money each month. They don't see any picture except the here and now and the selfishness of themselves
My3cents 11:06 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
There's a big difference between making mistakes and being a lazy, neglectful parent - which, many of us childcare providers have to deal with on a regular basis. When you are in childcare, you are bound to come accross BAD parents... and don't think for a moment that there aren't a multitude of BAD parents out there.
Making mistakes is one thing, learning from those mistakes is another.

Having raised many, many more children than the average parent (plus courses, classes and research in child care) - I am (along with most of the providers here) much more knowledgable and experienced in dealing with children and child CARE techniques than most parents are. So, yes, in a way, some of us are know-it-alls

Coming here call us "idiots", "stupid" and ironically judgemental doesn't help prove your case in the least.

AllDeezBabies 11:07 AM 07-19-2013
I think the point of this thread went waaaaayyyy over your head.

BTW, are you one of the parents that brought a child to daycare covered in vomit?
My3cents 11:08 AM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

littlemissmuffet 11:16 AM 07-19-2013
No, it isn't all that matters. Some people THINK they are doing their best when they are not. A junky prostitute that loves her child and is "doing her best" in her own mind... is that all that matters in her child's life? Exactly.

Alot of parents these days need to try harder. Again, of all the parents in the world - do you seriously believe that childcare providers who deal with dozens and dozens of parents throughout our careers aren't going to deal with some very terrible parents from time to time? And do you really think we don't have the right to discuss this issue with our collegues? Who are you to decide that?
KIDZRMYBIZ 12:20 PM 07-19-2013
MarinaVanessa is right. This forum provides an outlet to vent about our work. Just like any other profession, we have our gripes, but unlike other professions, no co-workers to gripe with! All us together on here are like co-workers! And everyone knows it, providers and parents alike, this is a tough job. Thank goodness for a forum like this for support, advice, and ideas for running a better daycare. I love you all, even if crabby "Unregistered" doesn't!
TheGoodLife 12:51 PM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by KMK:
MarinaVanessa is right. This forum provides an outlet to vent about our work. Just like any other profession, we have our gripes, but unlike other professions, no co-workers to gripe with! All us together on here are like co-workers! And everyone knows it, providers and parents alike, this is a tough job. Thank goodness for a forum like this for support, advice, and ideas for running a better daycare. I love you all, even if crabby "Unregistered" doesn't!

Unregistered 12:57 PM 07-19-2013
Originally Posted by My3cents:
Baloney- Some parents don't want to learn. They keep having kids because the government will give them more money each month. They don't see any picture except the here and now and the selfishness of themselves

That is true, but a lot of parents are first time parents who do take care of thier child without govt assistance.
Unregistered 01:03 PM 07-19-2013
Unregistered users are more than welcome to post...if the posts are not rude and deliberately argumentative. When a thread gets out of hand and degenerates to namecalling and rudeness, moderators will step in and take care of it. We were asked to address the issue. I felt the thread (which was fine in it's original form, fyi) was getting out of hand. I asked for everyone to put a stop to it. I'm merely fulfilling my role as moderator.

if you don't like it, don't be rude.[/quote]

Some of the members of this forum have also been rude and argumentative, from what I have saw today looking through a lot of these threads.
SilverSabre25 01:09 PM 07-19-2013

if you don't like it, don't be rude.

Some of the members of this forum have also been rude and argumentative, from what I have saw today looking through a lot of these threads.[/quote]

Yes....and when necessary those issues are addressed. Generally, in private. Because that's possible when it's a registered member. When it's unregistered, we handle it publicly out of necessity. And if the problem continues, we ban you anyway. Capiche?
SilverSabre25 01:11 PM 07-19-2013
oops heh heh
SilverSabre25 01:13 PM 07-19-2013
Also, you COULD log in and then you wouldn't be unregistered. But you would still be trolling because you're being deliberately rude and argumentative.
daycare 01:14 PM 07-19-2013
wow I was counting the days of drama free.................until now...............
BABYLUVER21 01:14 PM 07-19-2013
Part of the problem with parents is that they feel that they are "owed" something. You are owed NOTHING. You chose to have your children, therefore you are OBLIGATED to your child and if anyone owes anyone anything, it's you the parent owing your CHILD the best they can have in life; sacrifices you have to make.

You have to pay daycare so you can work. Without a good provider, you can't work. You have to decide for yourselves what your kid is worth, and often times, I got requests for $50/week FULL TIME. That's all your child is worth, yet your Lexus is definitely something you pay on time? And the FULL rate of what the dealer/lienholder asks you for every month. You don't default on THAT loan because if you did, that company will come get your car and God-forbid some of you drive something more reasonable. You are LUCKY that providers care about your children enough to not gouge you like these dealerships you are MORE THAN WILLING to pay, and as such caring providers, you owe THEM respect AND whatever pay they ask for for caring for YOUR child who should mean much more than your CAR. (Or your nails/hair/shoes/clothes/boyfriend/etc). But yet, childcare is exactly where parents want to CUT back. That's RIDICULOUS!

Want to be a parent, then BE a parent and afford your child opportunities to be raised with love, respect, and with an understanding they should be the MOST important priority in your life! Stop being so frugal when it comes to your child's care, and be frugal in other areas. It's like your cable, your car, your (your and your) is more important than your own kid. Sacrifices are to be made when you choose to have a child, and if you are that selfish that you can't sacrifice for your kid, then you should not have any!

You think Providers bitch and moan on here and maybe they do, but it's a DIRECT RESULT of what you parents are doing to deserve the vents that are put out here. Don't want to pay but expect providers to lie down and take it? You don't think providers have bills to pay just because they stay home? You don't think that providers have families to support? Or when you show up late without notice, you don't think your provider actually has a life or family? When you decide to bring your very obviously sick child to daycare you don't think that affects your provider, her family and the OTHER families in her care? What about when you forget supplies or bring the wrong attire for outings. YOu don't think that your irresponsibility affects the entire daycare as a whole? Providers vent because there is a reason. If you don't give them a reason, they won't have a need to vent. Simple as that.
Kaddidle Care 01:36 PM 07-19-2013

Originally Posted by Jane:
Would anyone like some more popcorn?

Tags:parents, parents - are clueless
Reply Up