Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can You Post...
Candy 01:07 PM 09-25-2013
Does anyone have pictures of the lunch they feed the kids? I just want to see how other people set it up.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 02:14 PM 09-25-2013
On my facebook page www.facebook.com/MrsSteinelsHouse
I haven't been posting lately but there is about a years worth on there.
spud912 02:30 PM 09-25-2013
Are you wondering how the lunches themselves are set up or how we have the children set up at the table? Here are some of my lunches on my Facebook page....you just have to scroll down.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Small...=photos_stream
Candy 11:31 AM 09-27-2013
I was if people set the lunch out like a family dinner where everything is in the middle of the table or do they pass out trays. Also I keep seeing people say that they are required to do a certain style/setting for lunch?
melilley 11:38 AM 09-27-2013
I pre-plate my lunches, but my dck's are 13 and 14 mo., 2-2year olds and one 2.5 year old. I do sometimes let the 2.5 year old serve herself. If I had 3 yrs and and over, I would do family style dining.

When I worked in a center, the 3 year olds did amazingly well (with some assistance) serving themselves. They even poured milk! We just put the food into small bowls in the center of the table and put the milk/water/juice in small containers that they could pour from. We would remind them to take one scoop and pass it and if they wanted more later, they had to wait until all friends had some.
jenn 01:47 PM 09-27-2013
I fill the plates and cups, put them on the table, and then have the kids come in. I like to fill the plates because I serve everyone the same thing and different ages need it served differently. For example, today we had meatballs. My older ones got whole meatballs, the middle ones got them cut in half, and the younger ones were cut into bit size pieces.
Maria2013 01:50 PM 09-27-2013
Originally Posted by Candy:
Does anyone have pictures of the lunch they feed the kids? I just want to see how other people set it up.
you just gave me a great idea. thanks
spud912 02:28 PM 09-27-2013
Originally Posted by Candy:
I was if people set the lunch out like a family dinner where everything is in the middle of the table or do they pass out trays. Also I keep seeing people say that they are required to do a certain style/setting for lunch?
Ah, gotcha . I do a mix of both family style or pre-served. Mostly I just serve because I want to ensure they get some of everything and not too much of something they won't eat anyway. Plus, I have a younger group now and half of the children are too young to serve themselves. The meals I serve family style, I set it out in the middle of the table and they pass it around and serve themselves. The older children are great about serving themselves, although I sometimes have to remind them to use the utensils and not put too much on their plates if they don't intend on eating all of it.
LK5kids 03:32 PM 09-27-2013
I have an assortment of the really cute sectioned plates from Target (woodland, space, jungle,etc.) and now Wal-Mart has some super cute high quality ones too. I dish stuff up and pass out plates.....too lazy to do family style...hey, I am human!
Tags:lunch
Reply Up