Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Blog for Families?
newtodaycare22 09:19 AM 10-19-2010
Does anyone have a blog/website where only the dc parents can log in? These kids are so funny and I'd love to post some daily quotes and pictures each day...but obviously only in a secure place. Does anyone have advice on a good place where I can do that, and have the parents sign in?
kendallina 11:25 AM 10-19-2010
You could use weebly. It's super easy to use and parents can log in if you pay the annual fee (about $30, I think). There are several providers here that use it. www.weebly.com
SunflowerMama 11:26 AM 10-19-2010
I just made one on blogspot. I post pictures weekly. All the parents sign a release for photos to be online. The parents really enjoy it and it was really easy to get up and running.

www.littleacornchildcare.blogspot.com
Jenjo 11:57 AM 10-19-2010
I use blogger, blogspot from gmail. You can make it private so only people invited can read it. I really enjoy it. I also have parents sign a paper saying I can put their child's picture on the blog.
Michael 06:02 PM 10-19-2010
Try WordPress: https://en.wordpress.com/signup/
newtodaycare22 06:15 PM 10-19-2010
I made one! Thanks for the suggestions
Lucy 06:22 PM 10-19-2010
blogspot.com is what I use. They LOVE it! I don't post every day, or even every week. But I take lots of pictures, and when I have time and the desire to do it, I will make a post of "here are pictures from when we did X, and here are some of the new baby" etc etc. I might tell a brief story about it.

What's neat is you can make it totally private. They need a password to log in, and you have to ok them when they first create their account. I also use it to post upcoming days off or early closures. It also has a "feedjit" at the bottom, which tells when people signed on. It posts everytime someone comes to the page. That way I can see whether they are actually using it, because if they weren't, I wouldn't do it. Like when I quit sending infant daily notes home because they never got read.
BentleysBands 04:21 AM 10-20-2010
i dont do a blog per say but do share pics/cute sayings on my facebook page esp. for parents. its seperate from my regular one and very secure.
Tags:blog
Reply Up