Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Former Client Wants Sick Care!
rosieteddy 11:54 AM 12-07-2015
What do you guys think.I retired last Feb unexpectedly.I had a heart attack and closed.I have been under control after many Dr appointments ,tests and heart medications. I received a message from parent of 3 yr old.They wanted to know if I would sit with their sick child....I did not get message on time as I was sick myself. My question is would you do this?How much would you charge?I felt it was a risk to my health .Also 10 hours with a sick child I haven't seen since Feb? I do need to address this so I don't look bad .I just don't know if its worth it.How would I gracefully say not interested/?
sharlan 12:04 PM 12-07-2015
I'm sorry, but I'm not able to provide care at this time.
Laurel 12:08 PM 12-07-2015
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
What do you guys think.I retired last Feb unexpectedly.I had a heart attack and closed.I have been under control after many Dr appointments ,tests and heart medications. I received a message from parent of 3 yr old.They wanted to know if I would sit with their sick child....I did not get message on time as I was sick myself. My question is would you do this?How much would you charge?I felt it was a risk to my health .Also 10 hours with a sick child I haven't seen since Feb? I do need to address this so I don't look bad .I just don't know if its worth it.How would I gracefully say not interested/?
I'm sorry. I no longer do child care.
childcaremom 12:11 PM 12-07-2015
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I'm sorry. I no longer do child care.

Both good responses but this one will head off future inquiries, as well.
rosieteddy 06:32 AM 12-08-2015
You don't think I should do this? I am leaning towards just saying I do not provide sick care.Thanks
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
You don't think I should do this? I am leaning towards just saying I do not provide sick care.Thanks
I would never intentionally expose myself to illness....especially illness I am not familiar with (child hasn't been in your care for a while now) so I would definitely decline their offer.

It's too much of a risk for your health too so I would put yourself first and just tell the family you no longer provide care. You gotta watch out for you first.
childcaremom 06:53 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would never intentionally expose myself to illness....especially illness I am not familiar with (child hasn't been in your care for a while now) so I would definitely decline their offer.

It's too much of a risk for your health too so I would put yourself first and just tell the family you no longer provide care. You gotta watch out for you first.

This is exactly the reasoning I have for my response.
rosieteddy 08:33 AM 12-08-2015
Thanks that is what I thought. I do not want to be exposed to illnesses.This family often tried to bring sick child to dc. I guess they figure just sitting with him is ok. I feel bad for the child. He hasn't seen me in 6 months and even though I had him 3 yrs he forgets. Thanks for your thoughts,
Tags:sickness
Reply Up