Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early Drop-Off/Late Pick-Up
CountryRoads 06:38 AM 03-11-2019
I have one family whose schedule changes 6 months out of the year - longer days, 4 days/week.

Last year, I allowed her to drop off at 6:30ish (I open at 7:00) and pick up at 5:45ish (I close at 5:30). At no extra charge. So stupid, I know.

I'm not willing to do late pick-ups this year. Her husband was able to pick up early every over month, so I'm not not sure what his schedule will be like this year, but any advice on wording? I'm sure she will be caught off guard since I allowed it last year with no problem. I just already work a long day and have my own family to care for after work. 15 minutes feels like FOREVER when I have over things I'm waiting to do!
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 03-11-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I have one family whose schedule changes 6 months out of the year - longer days, 4 days/week.

Last year, I allowed her to drop off at 6:30ish (I open at 7:00) and pick up at 5:45ish (I close at 5:30). At no extra charge. So stupid, I know.

I'm not willing to do late pick-ups this year. Her husband was able to pick up early every over month, so I'm not not sure what his schedule will be like this year, but any advice on wording? I'm sure she will be caught off guard since I allowed it last year with no problem. I just already work a long day and have my own family to care for after work. 15 minutes feels like FOREVER when I have over things I'm waiting to do!
I make sure to let my parents know that "just because I could (then) doesn't mean I will always be able to"

So definitely don't feel guilty!

Maybe say something like this:

Dear DCP

Just wanted to give you a head's up that I will not be able to accommodate pick ups after 5:30 this year. You will need to make alternate arrangements to ensure Billy is picked up by that time.

I will be available for early drop off (no earlier than 6:30). However there will be a fee charged for this additional service. The cost for dropping off before regular opening time will be $X per day.

Thank you!

Provider

Tags:blackcat, early drop off, early drop off fee, late fee - letter, late fee letter, late fee policy, late pick up fee, late pickup letter
Reply Up