Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Arguing With Me!
Jenjo 09:50 AM 12-30-2010
I have a six year old Dcb that argues with me anytime I ask him to do anything. I end up losing my temper sometimes. I don't know what to do.
Little People 10:01 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by Jenjo:
I have a six year old Dcb that argues with me anytime I ask him to do anything. I end up losing my temper sometimes. I don't know what to do.
I would sit him off from the other Dck's and have him write, "I will not argue with _________. (your name in the blank). I would have him write it 20 times the first time and increase it 10 times each time he argues with you. He may spend the day writing!
grandmom 02:30 PM 12-30-2010
Six is old enough for him to "have a talk with". Sit him down, tell him in freindly terms how you feel and what you expect of him. Then tell him you will quietly remind him when it starts to happen. And that you have an expectation that this will end.

Stay calm.
TGT09 02:58 PM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by Little People:
I would sit him off from the other Dck's and have him write, "I will not argue with _________. (your name in the blank). I would have him write it 20 times the first time and increase it 10 times each time he argues with you. He may spend the day writing!
I really like this idea and have had this same thing happen at various times!
jen 03:27 PM 12-30-2010
I wouldn't engage in an argument with any child. I think the way to deal with it depends on the situation...can you give us some examples?
Tags:arguing
Reply Up