Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bites Question
flying_babyb 07:10 PM 07-28-2017
I work in center and we are trying to help a parent. The child has been to the doctor recently but the rash didnt look so bad. The child has various red bumps all over his legs, arms and genital area. Today they have a little white spot in the center, which is new and seem to be spreading. Any ideas what it could be?
Unregistered 07:51 PM 07-28-2017
Is it molleuscum? I hope I'm spelling that correctly. If is is please be aware that it is contagious. Hopefully it is not that but just thought I'd mention it just in case!
flying_babyb 08:46 PM 07-28-2017
eww! gatta show my boss tomorrow! it looks a lot like this.
Tigerlilly 01:48 PM 07-31-2017
I am not trying to vulgar in any way shape or form but what you describe sounds like herpes. And yes, you can get herpes on any part of your body and yes it is very contagious. I hope that is not the case but I am just going by the description. I would not let that child back until you have a written note from a physician.
Ariana 01:59 PM 07-31-2017
Impetigo perhaps? Starts out as pimple like dots and then gets biggef.
flying_babyb 07:13 PM 07-31-2017
tried to talk to my boss about it again and she blew me off. I'm just waiting, cause if its contagious, SHES gonna get it soon enough (this kids constantly in her office hanging out with her). Moments like this are why I want to open my own daycare (with better exclusion policy). Every rash I get now I freak out that i got whatever he has!
flying_babyb 08:15 PM 08-01-2017
Staph infection! Non contagious accord to doc and is on meds.
Leigh 08:19 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Staph IS contagious, especially if the child has dripping pus. Insist that it is covered and stay covered with a bandage that covers the entire affected area to minimize risk of transmission. Did the doctor actually communicate to the center that it was not contagious, or was that from the mouth of the parent?
Ariana 09:06 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Thats impetigo. Highly contagious. After 48 hours of antibiotics they are no longer contagious. Just had a kid in my care with it. Luckily no one else got it.

No way a DR said this was not contagious. Mom is lying.
Leigh 09:12 AM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Thats impetigo. Highly contagious. After 48 hours of antibiotics they are no longer contagious. Just had a kid in my care with it. Luckily no one else got it.

No way a DR said this was not contagious. Mom is lying.
I'd trust your opinion over the doctor's almost-I would imagine that a child who had staph EVERYWHERE, like this child's rash seems to be, would be hospitalized, and likely septic or close to it.
Tags:contagious diseases, herpes, impetigo, molluscum, molluscum contagiosum
Reply Up