Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's the Little Things
LindseyA 08:26 AM 05-21-2015
I finally got around to deep cleaning the most dreaded room in my house... My bedroom/office/room where everything gets thrown to tidy up daycare. I just bought a new filing cabinet and reorganized all my paperwork (purged a lot of unnecessary papers that I have never used). Next was my printer and craft supplies area. Got rid of 3/4 worth of old worn out supplies, scraps, etc. Trying my best to get my bedroom back to feeling like a sanctuary instead of a room that could be on an episode of Hoarders. Lol!! Okay so it's not THAT bad
NightOwl 09:09 AM 05-21-2015
It's the little things that can seem so incredibly daunting, so you put them off forever. But once you actually do it, those little things feel more like huge accomplishments. So good for you!! Can you come do mine now??
Annalee 09:15 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
I finally got around to deep cleaning the most dreaded room in my house... My bedroom/office/room where everything gets thrown to tidy up daycare. I just bought a new filing cabinet and reorganized all my paperwork (purged a lot of unnecessary papers that I have never used). Next was my printer and craft supplies area. Got rid of 3/4 worth of old worn out supplies, scraps, etc. Trying my best to get my bedroom back to feeling like a sanctuary instead of a room that could be on an episode of Hoarders. Lol!! Okay so it's not THAT bad
I tell people when my house is cluttered, I watch hoarders and I then don't feel so bad.

I am an OCD organization freak....but not as bad as I used to be. Before I had my own kids, I did NOT go to bed till all clothes, dishes, etc. were clean and put away....well, now I am just thankful to get to bed My house is "lived-in clean" is what I like to call it I tell people they can visit ME anytime but if you want to see my house then make an appointment
childcaremom 10:47 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by LindseyA:
Omg. My bedroom is horrid. I have a hard time throwing out crafty stuff... seriously. Every so often I have to do a purge, though, or else daycare tends to take over the house. I am way overdue for it. I just need a free weekend.

It's not a job, it's a lifestyle.
Shell 10:52 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I tell people when my house is cluttered, I watch hoarders and I then don't feel so bad.

I am an OCD organization freak....but not as bad as I used to be. Before I had my own kids, I did NOT go to bed till all clothes, dishes, etc. were clean and put away....well, now I am just thankful to get to bed My house is "lived-in clean" is what I like to call it I tell people they can visit ME anytime but if you want to see my house then make an appointment
I have gotten more lax since having kids, you have to!

One of my dcm's was talking about another dcm Being so OCD and nothing is ever out of place- I realized I mustn't be as clean as I used to be as she was talking to me like we were one and the dcm was crazy
Annalee 11:06 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
I have gotten more lax since having kids, you have to!

One of my dcm's was talking about another dcm Being so OCD and nothing is ever out of place- I realized I mustn't be as clean as I used to be as she was talking to me like we were one and the dcm was crazy
I have had daycare clients ask me if my house looks like the daycare room because it is very organized...I am like UH......NO I even had a CCR&R lady stand up at a daycare training and talk about how Ms. xxxx was so organized she bet Ms. xxx gets up with the chickens every day ready to work....I am like "just keep thinking that"...I didn't correct her I guess I give good first impressions
AmyKidsCo 12:57 PM 05-21-2015
"Deep clean" - what do those words mean? Someday I'll have a clean house, after all the kids move out... but I might have to get rid of DH too.
Bookworm 04:38 PM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Omg. My bedroom is horrid. I have a hard time throwing out crafty stuff... seriously. Every so often I have to do a purge, though, or else daycare tends to take over the house. I am way overdue for it. I just need a free weekend.

It's not a job, it's a lifestyle.
My bedroom looks like someone dropped a nuclear clothes bomb in it. Along with a few shoe grenades. I started cleaning it Sunday and only got as far as the walk in closet. Because of my serious 31 bags addiction and sorting clothes for the Goodwill, it took almost 2 hours. This Sunday, I'll clean off the dresser. I should be done mid June.
daycare 04:48 PM 05-21-2015
so nice to read that I am not th only one who's bedroom and office look like a bomb went off in them.....lol

I plan to deep clean this 3 day weekend and then next weekend have a yard sale....

I am over all the crap cramm...lol
Reply Up