Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Best Steam Mop????
Heidi 09:05 AM 05-23-2014
If you have one, why do you love it? Meaning, help me decide which one is the best to buy.

Does it pay to spend the extra and get one with 2 canisters?

My hardwood floors always look gross...yeah, gloss finish!

Looking for input before I buy one. I see there is one with brushes, and most have a pad. I have a regular mop with a pad, and it gets dirty so quickly. So, would a brush model work better?
boysx5 11:39 AM 05-23-2014
I have a bissell and love it
melilley 11:55 AM 05-23-2014
I have a Shark Steam Mop and I really like it. It comes with 2 pads that are washable. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it will lift the dirt off, but you end up with a line of dirt where ever you stop, (usually against a wall) if that makes sense. But I suppose that happens with most mops. I just wet a paper towel and wipe it up.

I use it on my hardwood floors. It gets most things off, I even got dried on wall paint off! I've never heard of steam mops having brushes. Sounds interesting. They must be soft brushes so you don't scratch the floors?. I'll be following this post!
Heidi 12:12 PM 05-23-2014
Here's the one with the brushes:

http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-FloorMa...=floor+steamer

I like that it puts out clean water, and sucks the dirty water back into a different tank...
melilley 12:21 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Here's the one with the brushes:

http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-FloorMa...=floor+steamer

I like that it puts out clean water, and sucks the dirty water back into a different tank...
Ooooh I like this one! I like that it sucks the dirty water up! Mine cleans, but pushes the dirt around. Come to think of it, I have a carpet steam cleaner and I think it comes with an attachment for hard floors. Duh!..lol
Heidi 12:28 PM 05-23-2014
I decided to get the Bissell, because the one I linked does not steam. So, I'd still have to use cleaner every time, and I think that's half the reason my floors are dull.

So, I ordered the Bissell with 2 extra pads, so I'll have 4 in rotation. I did also get one bottle of their hardwood cleaner for once-in-a-while between.

I will keep the box and test it. If it's not any better than my current mop, it's going back.
MotherNature 01:08 PM 05-23-2014
I have a Haan. The steam gets hot enough to actually disinfect..most don't. We love it.
craftymissbeth 03:44 PM 05-23-2014
My 7 yo ds just made me read him the posts in this thread and he thinks it's funny that we like to talk about mops
daycarediva 03:54 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I have a Shark Steam Mop and I really like it. It comes with 2 pads that are washable. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it will lift the dirt off, but you end up with a line of dirt where ever you stop, (usually against a wall) if that makes sense. But I suppose that happens with most mops. I just wet a paper towel and wipe it up.

I use it on my hardwood floors. It gets most things off, I even got dried on wall paint off! I've never heard of steam mops having brushes. Sounds interesting. They must be soft brushes so you don't scratch the floors?. I'll be following this post!
I loved my steam mop, but I had this problem, too. When it died (after several years) I replaced it with this: http://www.sharkclean.com/shark-soni...aign=Franchise

and I no longer have this issue unless it's GA-ROOOSSSS and I should have vacuumed/swept before mopping.
saved4always 12:38 PM 05-26-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I have a Haan. The steam gets hot enough to actually disinfect..most don't. We love it.
I love my Haan, too, so far. It has a canister that comes off that comes in handy for steam cleaning things like sinks and tubs if you choose. I also like it because it just pushes and releases the stem. Previous ones I had required pressing a lever to make it work and that hurt my hand after awhile. I bought extra pads of all different kinds because I like to hoard. I had a Shark and it exploded on me and shot steam all over....it was blocked or something. It was probably something that would not happen with another one but I was afraid to do that brand again.
Reply Up