Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Age Do You Put Infants in Separate Room for Naps?
Lovisa 05:49 PM 03-31-2016
Just curious how old you all start putting infants in a separate room for their naps? Right now, I have several kiddos ranging in ages of 3 months to 4 years old. The 3 month old sleeps often still (obviously), but so far I have him in the living room in a PIP so I can keep an eye on him. He is pretty good about sleeping through the loud older kiddos playing, but he does get startled awake sometimes even with a fairly loud fan near him for white noise. What age do you start putting babies in a separate room to sleep?

Thanks!
Controlled Chaos 09:21 PM 03-31-2016
I transitioned the last two infants around 5-6 month. About the same age they also get distracted while eating due to wanting to watch the other kids usually well after they can roll in both directions
laundrymom 07:58 AM 04-01-2016
We co play. Co sleep. Co eat.
All
Mine are always in same room.
Alisyn 11:18 AM 04-01-2016
Same room.
Cat Herder 12:24 PM 04-01-2016
Once they are no longer infants.

My infant son died sleeping alone in a providers home. He laid there 4 hours until she noticed.

Please don't do it until they can come get you when they need you.
KarenSue 04:12 PM 04-01-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Once they are no longer infants.

My infant son died sleeping alone in a providers home. He laid there 4 hours until she noticed.

Please don't do it until they can come get you when they need you.
I'm sorry. That's my fear too so I always have all of mine in the same room so I can see them.
Tags:infant - sleeping issues, separate rooms for different ages, sids, sids prevention, sleep regulations
Reply Up