Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Inappropriate Daycare Behavior
bmketchum 02:26 PM 12-22-2014
I am a father of a 3 y/o girl that goes to a local daycare. I am divorced from my daughters mother and our relationship is strained at best. Two days ago my daughter told me that she is being touched inappropriately by someone at daycare. She Named another boy at this daycare as the one who did it. When I dropped my daughter off at her mothers house, I asked her about this and she told me it was not a big deal and that nothing is going on.As I Dug further into this, she informed me that this had happened 6 Months ago and nothing was done about it other than talking to the daycare provider about it. I find this extremely disturbing especially that my daughter just brought this up and her mother has hidden this from me for over 6 months. I instantly reported this to DHS and was told they will not investigate the matter. Does anyone else find this disturbing or am I somehow over reacting? The touching was described as sexual in nature based off of they way my daughter pointed to The places she was touched. Is there anything I can do? Is this an issue that needs to be further looked into? Please help me!
Josiegirl 03:38 PM 12-22-2014
Welcome!
I can understand your concern but it's not something I would over react to without knowing all the facts. How old is the other kid? If you're talking 2 3 yos that's pretty normal behavior, still not something you want happening but normal none the less. Now if the other kid was 6 or 7 I'd say yeh, check into it further, there could definitely be a problem. 3 yo kids are curious, testing their limits and looking for reactions.
Even though your relationship is strained with your ex, just get facts and try not to bring your emotions into all of it. Did you talk to the dcprovider to get their take on it? Ask how they're handling it? Plus has it happened twice or more than that? I would think the provider would be doing everything she can to prevent it from happening again. Was it done in a quick run-by kind of a way or were they behind a shelf and the dcb wouldn't leave her alone? I'm just trying to get the gist of what may have happened.
Reply Up