Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Eclipse tonight
Josiegirl 03:25 PM 09-27-2015
Is anyone staying up to watch it? I guess it's around 9ish EST? I doubt I'll be awake.
My neighbor said he heard some people were all stocked up with a year's worth of food. If it's doomsday, I hope the library won't mind if my 4 books are a wee bit overdue.
Thriftylady 03:47 PM 09-27-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Is anyone staying up to watch it? I guess it's around 9ish EST? I doubt I'll be awake.
My neighbor said he heard some people were all stocked up with a year's worth of food. If it's doomsday, I hope the library won't mind if my 4 books are a wee bit overdue.
ROFL!!!! I wouldn't worry about the books. If it is doomsday, they won't care about a couple of books!

I thought it was later at 10 something EST? I will have to look it up.
snbauser 03:57 PM 09-27-2015
It starts a little after 9 and will be complete by I think 10:15. Unfortunately we are socked in with clouds and rain so won't see anything Next one isn't until like 2033.
nothingwithoutjoy 06:18 PM 09-27-2015
Crossing my fingers I'll get to see it! Looks like a normal full moon right now, but I can see it clearly. I've promised my 6-yr-old I'll wake her if it's cool. Hope I don't regret that one tomorrow! :-)
permanentvacation 06:57 PM 09-27-2015
I just found out about it from my younger daughter. It's supposed to start at 10:15 here and finish at 1:22 in the morning. I will most likely watch it off and on until around midnight. The sky is perfectly clear here. So we should get a good view of it.
Thriftylady 07:07 PM 09-27-2015
We have had a nice view so far.
LindseyA 07:43 PM 09-27-2015
It's all "bloody" here, as my 6 year old put it. woke up my 9 year old, she saw it, said 'cool! I'm going back to bed now!' It was super cloudy but have gotten some nice breaks to catch it every so often. Beautiful!
Sunshine74 09:08 PM 09-27-2015
It was clear here for a lot of the eclipse. It got cloudy toward the end though. I got a picture a little after the full eclipse, and once I figure out how to get it on my tablet I can post it here.
Rockgirl 11:45 PM 09-27-2015
We watched it during an outdoor Foo Fighters' concert! Very cool.
Josiegirl 02:44 AM 09-28-2015
I was able to see some of it, thanks to the relentless whining of my dog to go outside at 10. But I'm glad she got me back outside, the sky was gorgeous, Milky Way and billions of stars, plus the eclipse. It was breath-taking.
Reply Up