Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice Needed!!!
MsMe 10:37 AM 06-20-2011
I have a DCG 4yrs that I have had in my care since 12 weeks.

Even when she was an infant she would have major 'tantrums' and then seconds later be happy and smiling.

1,2, and 3 years old she has had screamed everytime there is een the smallest conflict. There is no inbetween it is happy or screaming mad. Sometimes it is about things all kids would get upset about and other time he is very sensitive to anything...i.e "he looked at me' and it ony made worse bc then all the kids stare bc she is acting so dramaticly.

Now that she is 4 I have noticed that when she is angry she gets physical...mostly with herself. hitting her legs, twisitng the skin on her arm, pulling on her cloths and hair. She gets really angry and has a 'look' on her face that is blank with rage.

Int he last 6 months she has also had sensory issues, such as saying her hands and feet are dirty and she wants them washed (when we have only played in the house)

I mentioned my conserns to the DCM when this child was younger and it was not recieved well. I banked on the fact that when pre-school started teh teachers would bring it to their attention, but if they did it was never shared with me, and he can't be recieving any addition help bc he is with me every hour I am open.

Terming is not an option. Does anyone else have a child like this? What works best for you.

I always interact with her in a calm voice and manner and she spends lots of time doing activites away from the group or with one or two others she can be around without being upset.

Any advice is welcome.
Tags:4 year old, tantrums
Up