Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Business Question Chamber of Commerce
BigLittleHomeDaycare 06:07 AM 08-17-2014
I am looking for some business insight. Has any home daycare operator joined their local Chamber of Commerce?

I just received an invitation. I want my business to be part of the local community - but was wondering if other daycare owners even did this? Maybe this route is for a business with more capital.

Then I got to thinking, are there other types of business agencies, other than my CCR&R, to join in this field?
Leigh 08:28 AM 08-17-2014
Our local Chamber has a great presence in the community, and offers many networking opportunities. It would be great to join EXCEPT that I can not support an organization where my dues would be used to support political causes that I not only can't support, but believe hurt American workers. If your politics align with theirs, it's a great opportunity.
Unregistered 01:37 PM 08-17-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Our local Chamber has a great presence in the community, and offers many networking opportunities. It would be great to join EXCEPT that I can not support an organization where my dues would be used to support political causes that I not only can't support, but believe hurt American workers. If your politics align with theirs, it's a great opportunity.
This! C of C has become more of a conservative political organization than a business organization. It's quite pricey as well, and geared towards large businesses, and some even say it's ANTI small business.
KSDC 08:23 PM 08-17-2014
I joined mine. BUT, I live in a tiny, rural community. I didn't join because I thought it would bring me business. (Honestly, I am always full without ever advertising.)I joined because ours does great things for our community, especially the children. And, mine offers a special membership for small home-owned businesses. It didn't cost me very much and I am giving back to my little town.
BigLittleHomeDaycare 05:30 PM 08-18-2014
Thanks for the input.

I am also full and would not be using it to drum up business. My city once had a really bad reputation, and the government and business owners have really done a great job trying to turn it around. They also provide support for the community and families, which is why I would join.

But I didn't think of the political implications at all! Great point. I will chew on it for a while.
Tags:business promotion
Reply Up