Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>All It Took Was a Couple Pictures?
Preschool/daycare teacher 12:05 PM 11-17-2015
I hadn't been having any luck advertising, but was posting on Craigslist and facebook sell groups when I'd see someone asking for care, or I'd post an ad on facebook to advertise my childcare program. I'd get maybe 1 -2 interested parents some of the times, but only two have actually worked out (and one of them I had to term before she'd been here two months). Well yesterday I decided to post another ad on a Facebook sell group, only this time I added a couple pictures of my little playroom (I was hesitant to do that because it's so small and licensed daycares have such neat set ups, and devoted space for their childcare, so I was afraid I'd look unprofessional). So anyway, I put up two pictures and bam! I got a bunch of comments on it asking for more info or tagging people, several likes, etc. And I also got several private messages too. I spent almost all day yesterday trying to keep up : )
Of course I don't know if any of them will actually work out: with the hours I'm open, my rates (although cheap for daycare in this area, nobody seems to want to pay more than $15/day, which I won't do since that's WAY below this area's rates), the fact that I'm in an apartment, etc. Plus I'm sure a lot of them were just curious, or even other providers trying to get info lol. But I'm hoping for at least one or two new children through this
Controlled Chaos 12:15 PM 11-17-2015
Yes pictures are EVERYTHING! Glad you got lots of interest!

Though - I once saw a pic on a Craigslist for a home daycare - and it was a pic of the owners making out! So no pictures of that stuff lol
Ariana 12:16 PM 11-17-2015
That is awesome!! Do you have a website as well? you can make free ones online and it really adds to your professional feel and you can instantly give parents an idea of your type of care etc.
finsup 01:38 PM 11-17-2015
I never really thought it made much of a difference...thinking I will definitely try this next time I advertise! Hope you get some awesome families as a result!
Nisaryn 04:31 PM 11-17-2015
Yes, pictures make a HUGE difference...you don't come off a big strange unknown to people if they already have an idea of what they might see before hand. It takes a lot of their worry away! Before I decided to open my own daycare I had to find care for my older daughter and I NEVER gave a second glance at the daycare ads that didn't include at least a few pictures. My reasoning was that "If they don't at least show a little of what to expect how do I know that I'm not walking into some psycho's home?"....strange things have happened on FB and craigslist ads alone.
Tags:advertising, pictures of our spaces
Reply Up