Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>URGENT Infant Interview
lflick 07:39 AM 01-31-2014
Hello-

It has been forever since I have had an infant interview... I have one in an hour.... VERY nervous..... I can't recall what to cover during? Any suggestions?
Blackcat31 07:40 AM 01-31-2014
eating routines
sleeping routines
daily schedule or lack of one

THOSE are the things I MUST know about.

The rest seems to fall in place afterwards....
mema 07:46 AM 01-31-2014
I ask if they are on any type of schedule or what their "usual" day looks like. I also let them know my "rules". Babies sleep with nothing other than a paci and on their backs until 1. I don't do food before 8 months, but they can. Unless there is a reason, we ditch the bottle at 1. I don't use equipment other than a bumbo, bouncy seat, and stroller and those are very limited (usually if baby is awake at meal times).
cheerfuldom 07:58 AM 01-31-2014
Make sure baby can take a bottle. Have the parents feed the baby in front of you! This is the biggest problem that providers have!

I would also get a feel for the parents parenting style....is baby on a schedule? do they have baby crib trained? make sure whatever they are doing at home is something you can replicate? Infants that are held all day, co-sleeping with parents and "on demand" all the time are not going to fit in well in group care.
lflick 09:02 AM 01-31-2014
Pretty sure I rocked it! She showed up 30 minutes early..... said she really enjoyed the visit and loves the place!
Tags:interview
Reply Up