Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>1st Day Ever Problem
My Daycare 06:50 PM 11-30-2010
My first day tomorrow and my husband comes home sick with a fever today. What should I do? Call them and warn them or hope for the best. I'm not too worried that he will infect her, but what if I have it? Help
QualiTcare 06:58 PM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by My Daycare:
My first day tomorrow and my husband comes home sick with a fever today. What should I do? Call them and warn them or hope for the best. I'm not too worried that he will infect her, but what if I have it? Help
i would NOT cancel on the first day - first impressions are everything. i would have him stay in the bedroom or if he's really sick and you have to, send him to a cheap hotel. that would suck because you'd be spending what you'll likely make...but you have to think about the longrun.
Live and Learn 07:02 PM 11-30-2010
1) hope for the best
2) disinfect all handles (including toilets and light switches in the house)
3) get to bed early tonight...and then tomorrow ....let the wild rumpus begin...quote (?) from "Where the wild things are".... Good luck tomorrow!!
Abigail 07:16 PM 11-30-2010
Treat this situation like you would with your own kids. If you don't want to get sick, have your husband sleep in your room and keep his fever and other symptoms to himself. You should take the couch if you're really concerned. Just keep things clean (wash toilet handles, door handles, light switches, fridge door handle, etc) with disinfecting wipes and get plenty of rest. Remember to wash your hands often (like usual, lol) and things will be fine. Since your husband doesn't come into direct contact with the children you should not feel obligated to share his ill status.
My Daycare 08:49 PM 11-30-2010
Thanks guys! I feel better about not warning them now. I will sleep on the couch. I just disinfected the house and will do it again in the morning. My husband is going to work tomorrow because he's nuts. He never gets fevers, so he did not realize how miserable they can be. He gets upset when someone calls in to work for that, so now he has to go to work with one. Ha Ha!!!!
Tags:sickness
Reply Up