Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-20-2020, 05:08 PM
CountryRoads's Avatar
CountryRoads CountryRoads is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US of A
Posts: 396
Default Subsidy Question

I feel like this is a stupid question and I've tried calling the DFS office several times with no one answering, so thought I'd come here!

Does the state pay their portion when the child is not in care? I assume no? So, the parent is responsible for the entire days rate when their child is absent?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-20-2020, 05:13 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
I feel like this is a stupid question and I've tried calling the DFS office several times with no one answering, so thought I'd come here!

Does the state pay their portion when the child is not in care? I assume no? So, the parent is responsible for the entire days rate when their child is absent?
In my state the assistance program pays only their max rate and the parent pays the difference regardless of attendance

My state allows 25 absent days per year
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-20-2020, 05:20 PM
CountryRoads's Avatar
CountryRoads CountryRoads is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US of A
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
In my state the assistance program pays only their max rate and the parent pays the difference regardless of attendance

My state allows 25 absent days per year
The back of the form I need to fill out every month said the state will only cover if the parent is at school or working - so I totally assumed!

Thank you! I'll try calling them again tomorrow!

Oh, and I'm required to put their time in and out on the form. Do you need to do that, too? If my state allows absences, how would I fill in the hours if they were absent?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-20-2020, 09:32 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
The back of the form I need to fill out every month said the state will only cover if the parent is at school or working - so I totally assumed!

Thank you! I'll try calling them again tomorrow!

Oh, and I'm required to put their time in and out on the form. Do you need to do that, too? If my state allows absences, how would I fill in the hours if they were absent?
I mark all hours as is and let the caseworkers figure out whether parent was or wasn’t working or in school. The state does not compensate me to police parents.

If the child is scheduled but absent we bill for the absent day but mark it with an “A” by the date.

I copy my sign/out sheet with other names blacked out and include in my billing whenever the assistance agency request time/hour verification.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-21-2020, 08:48 AM
CountryRoads's Avatar
CountryRoads CountryRoads is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US of A
Posts: 396
Default

Finally got ahold of someone and my state only pays for when the child is in care.

Crazy how states can be so different!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-21-2020, 08:56 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
Finally got ahold of someone and my state only pays for when the child is in care.

Crazy how states can be so different!
That is how it is here, too. They have made it not worth participating, for me.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:04 AM
CountryRoads's Avatar
CountryRoads CountryRoads is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US of A
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
That is how it is here, too. They have made it not worth participating, for me.
I don't know if one of my families is aware! I hope I don't get any flack for them having to pay my full daily rate. Their child has been 3 days this past week
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:15 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
I don't know if one of my families is aware! I hope I don't get any flack for them having to pay my full daily rate. Their child has been 3 days this past week
Here the parents pay a weekly co-pay amount, then the state pays up to a cap with their average being a whopping $268 per month, per child. They only pay for when the child attends, and poorly. Now you also have to be in QRIS to even receive that.

The average rate won't even cover 2 weeks per month of care for one child with me and I am on the middle scale in my community.

My last subsidy client expected up to 12 hour days with a weekly co-pay of $7. The state made me bill monthly after the fact so they were over three months in arrears when I finally gave up and terminated the contract. I was never reimbursed for my time of effort. Never again.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:23 AM
CountryRoads's Avatar
CountryRoads CountryRoads is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US of A
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Here the parents pay a weekly co-pay amount, then the state pays up to a cap with their average being a whopping $268 per month, per child. They only pay for when the child attends, and poorly. Now you also have to be in QRIS to even receive that.

The average rate won't even cover 2 weeks per month of care for one child with me and I am on the middle scale in my community.

My last subsidy client expected up to 12 hour days with a weekly co-pay of $7. The state made me bill monthly after the fact so they were over three months in arrears when I finally gave up and terminated the contract. I was never reimbursed for my time of effort. Never again.
Wow, that seems low!

My state allows each family X amount of full days and part days per month and pays only when the child is in care. It actually says only when the parent is at school or working, but there's no way for me to know that unless I ask. I have a couple families on it and both pay less than $5/day for all day care.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:28 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,024
Default

It does seem ridiculously low. They claim the state average for childcare is $95 week and estimate their contribution of $67 per week to be fair compensation to providers based on the ability for meal write-offs and the food program reimbursements. They are using insurance company rules, I suppose.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-21-2020, 09:46 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,757
Default

My state gives parents a set amount of hours/days they can use per two weeks. They set this amount by the number of hours/days the parent is working or in school. This info is verified every six months.

I bill the parent according to the schedule they provide but the state doesn't cover $24 of the weekly rate so the parent pays that AND their co-payment. Their co-pay is figured by their work/school hours and income.

I provide the parents a separate info sheet so they know they have to pay their portion of the rate or they find elsewhere to go. I'll PM it to you...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
subsidy issues

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daycare Non-Payment Question blueskiesbutterflies Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 11-17-2014 11:43 AM
subsidy and rate question - Texas Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 0 08-24-2014 04:08 PM
Elimintating Subsidy melissa ann Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 06-12-2010 03:14 PM
Subsidy Issue melissa ann Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 05-20-2010 06:04 PM
Lost My Subsidy - What would you do? ConcernedMother Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 9 10-29-2009 07:51 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming