Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 01-29-2020, 03:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default End of Year Statements

Hi! I sent out end of year statements that included the total amount paid and my EIN.
I have always done it this way.
I had a parent respond saying their accountant needs the year end statement to have a full name, business name (not registered), address and EIN on it.

What exactly do I need to be giving out to parents? Do I just type of some document with that info and their year end total? Do i need to show all payments??

All advice is appreciated.. ive never had anyone have issues with what I have given out.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:43 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Here’s a previous post on end of your statement. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75731
Old 01-30-2020, 11:55 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default end of year receipt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenboo View Post
Hi! I sent out end of year statements that included the total amount paid and my EIN.
I have always done it this way.
I had a parent respond saying their accountant needs the year end statement to have a full name, business name (not registered), address and EIN on it.

What exactly do I need to be giving out to parents? Do I just type of some document with that info and their year end total? Do i need to show all payments??

All advice is appreciated.. ive never had anyone have issues with what I have given out.
Nope. There is not even a requirement you give the parent a receipt or your EIN unless the parent previously gave you Form W-10. So, tell the parent they have all the information they need. If you want to do what the parent asks, you can, if you don't want to create a hassle with a parent you like to continue in your program. But, it's not required!
Old 01-30-2020, 10:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCopeland View Post
Nope. There is not even a requirement you give the parent a receipt or your EIN unless the parent previously gave you Form W-10. So, tell the parent they have all the information they need. If you want to do what the parent asks, you can, if you don't want to create a hassle with a parent you like to continue in your program. But, it's not required!
Thanks! I don't provide care to this child anymore so I'm not going to go out of my way. I gave them all the info but their account wanted it in a PDF.... oh well.

Tags
year end statement