Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is Infant Genital Herpes Contagious? - Help Plz
Unregistered 11:57 AM 01-31-2020
Hi I am an in-home childcare provider. I have a new infant in daycare that has been diagnosed with genital herpes. I was told by the mother that she contracted it from her birth mother when she was born. Her current mother has adopted her because the child was not wanted. I know the basic herpes is contagious but I've been told that genital herpes is not. I've tried to do some research and it basically says it is contagious via sexual contact. This infant have bumps on her feet. That is what brought it to my attention and the mothers to have her checked. The mother told me that moms are not contagious but it has to be sexual contact and that there will not always be bumps but that they could break out anywhere on her body because it was contracted in the birth canal. I don't trust people so I just wanted to see what experiences you all have had here and what you may have been told by doctors. I tried to call a few doctors and they won't give me information over the phone they want an appointment. She is currently out of daycare and I'm still waiting on the child health assessment which she has one month to turn in. She is new has only been here two weeks. I know you can't catch it from a toilet seat but my concern is changing her diapers. Or if she should have bumps that I am unaware of and another child touches... I'm just a paranoid mess right now but I don't want to treat her unfairly. She's a very sweet baby and she's going to have a hard enough time in life as it is. Any advice and information is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for reading
Tags:health care plan, herpes, training, universal precautions
Up