Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:57 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Help with 2 Year Old - Anxiety?

I have a 2 1/2 year old dcg that chews her shirt, struggles with any transitions, and is starting to get aggressive (hitting & pushing) when not getting her way. Recently, I found a big wad of string in her poop and told parents. Today, I pulled about 3-4 long pieces strings that she had removed from her shirt during nap and was chewing on.
Dcg needs something to chew constantly so she has a chewing necklace and will chew it that aggressively when shes struggling.

I give notices between transitions and its not helping. During nap, Ive started to remove her shirt but now shes chewing on the blanket In her sleep. She shoves and hits when shes struggling with something and the other toddlers accomplished it (like putting on their shoes). She wont even try to do things, just gets frustrated looking at it and shoves the nearest person who accomplished it. This is even with things she knows how to do (like sit in her seat for meals).

Any tips or ideas to try? Could a child this young have anxiety and how do we help if they do?
Old 01-31-2020, 11:55 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

In my opinion a child this young can have anxiety. Has she been evaluated for possible issues like FAS?

Anxiety can be helped with a healthy diet. Some things that cause issues are heavily processed foods and dairy.

Tags
2 year old, anxiety, sensory issues, transitioning