Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default 12 Month Old Crying

I just got a new dcb who is 12 months old. The second I put him down he starts to cry. The first couple of days I held him and basically gave one on one attention to the best of my ability. I have 7 other kids under three yrs old so...canít and wonít continue to do it.
Dcm says she sleeps with him in his crib to help him not be afraid! Umm, Idk what Iím going to do...this is too much!
Old 02-07-2020, 02:09 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Parents need to get him ready for daycare by not holding him so much. You will have to do the same until he gets used to it.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

A conversation definitely needs to happen, I'd just explain it by saying I'd love to hold him all day but I unfortunately cannot do that. So to ease his transition here it would be helpful if at home you guys also worked on him gaining some independence

Tags
1 year old, attachment parenting problems, bad fit, co-sleeping and daycare, preparing children