Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Daily Rate for Two-Child Family

What are your daily rates for a two child family? A three year old girl and 7 month old infant?
Old 02-08-2020, 11:14 AM
Lover of all things B&W

When I started out, I gave a sibling discount of 10%. Several providers still do this, but I have decided to drop it. I am not giving 10% less care, and those spots cost me just as much as two children from two different families.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

I give some but not much. It amounts to $20-25 a month. Families who already follow this type of practice don't seem to mind. Two kids is still two potatoes though. The potatoes Don't Cost Less because they come from the same family.

Sibling Discount: The child care home does provide a discount for families with multiple children enrolled of $5 per week applied to the oldest siblings weekly tuition. This discount applies ONLY if the family agrees to not bring their child(ren) to care if their sibling(s) will not be attending also. PLEASE NOTE: in the case of illness this attendance policy will apply regardless.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I do not offer sibling discounts. Same level of care for both kids, same amount of food and resources used.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:00 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I do not have a daily rate.

I only have a full-time tuition rate, per child, per week. Paid in advance for the week. Enrolled or not enrolled are the only options.

No sibling discounts since they are actually a greater financial risk to your business. It gives that parent too much leverage over you in enforcing your policies.

Losing 1/6 of your income if they leave is much less of a blow than 2/6 or 3/6.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

I also do not give discounts for siblings.. I also only do full time care whether you use all 5 days or not you're still taking up a spot. My only exception is a full time child and a sibling that drops in for care.. but there spot is not guaranteed and their daily rate is higher than full time average.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:30 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiesTLC View Post
What are your daily rates for a two child family? A three year old girl and 7 month old infant?
If you are looking to get an actual dollar amount for an idea, it's going to depend on your location and the demand for childcare in your area. Your local associations, licensing agents and state organizations should have some resources for you to find average rates in your area.

If you are asking if others give sibling discounts, my answer is no. Enrolling siblings comes with greater risks and it's not ANY easier enrolling 2 from one family. Illnesses seem to come back-back (more disinfecting supplies used), more demand from parents to pick up/drop off at different times (leave one in care), sibling rivalries/jealousy issues, then when they leave, a bigger chunk of your income is now empty for a typically longer period of time than if it was just one opening.
If anything, I would almost charge MORE for siblings (although I don't).

Not to mention, in most areas, infant care is in high demand. I would never discount a premium spot.
Actually, I don't discount anything but a regular, weekly pick up time before 4:30- because that what makes a difference in my day (being done early).
Old 02-10-2020, 09:01 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
I do not offer sibling discounts. Same level of care for both kids, same amount of food and resources used.
This is how I do it too
Old 02-10-2020, 09:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

No sibblings discount here.

In fact family's with more then one child are required to give 1 months notice when leaving rather then 2 weeks, because I loss 2 out of 5 for income if they unenroll. Also only allow one drop off and pick up per family each day.

Tags
2 child family, rates - daily, sibling - deposit, sibling discounts, sibling rates