Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing To Part-Time Care Only - Need Letter
momofboys 10:23 AM 05-18-2013
My youngest will begin K this fall & I have decided I will be cutting to part-time care only. I want to have a day or two free every week to volunteer at school & get projects done around the house.

I have one family who is already part-time & comes 2/3 consistent days a week (always M-W) & I also have a full-time family (M-F). I would like to write them a letter telling them I am switching to part-time in the fall (they don't come during the summer) only & see if they can make a M-TH schedule work with the help of grandparents. If anyone has written a similar letter can you give me a rough draft please? I need to do this soon as the school year is almost over. If they can't make it work then I need to start looking for a new client pronto!!! Thank you!!!! I will be away from the computer for a few hours so if I fail to respond I will promptly!

Does this sound ok???:

May 22, 2013

Dear DCP:

As of August 19, 2013 I will be changing my available care days to Monday-Thursday care only from 7:30 am - 4:45 pm. I will not be available to provide childcare on Fridays for this coming school year. If you are able to arrange other childcare on Fridays & would like to continue using me to care for ***** M-Thursday during the school year please let me know by June 7, 2013. I would change your weekly fee to $XXXX/week OR $XXXX/bi-weekly to reflect the number of days in care. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter!

Sincerely,

ME

PS - One issue that complicates this too is that I gave DCP my new updated rates (slight increase per week) & updated policies (tightened up rules lol but they are golden parents for the most part & almost always respectful) almost a 1 1/2 weeks ago letting them know they need to notify me by May 30 is they still wish to use me nextschool year. They have yet to let me know but communication has not been their strong point But I would be really surprised if they didn't want to use me. But I feel like I have to address this pronto b/c if they don't want to use me I need to search for someone else!
Cradle2crayons 11:47 AM 05-18-2013
Your letter sounds good to me.... To the point
MamaBearCanada 11:59 AM 05-18-2013
Sounds good to me. The only thing I might add is something about when payment is due if they previously paid on Fridays just to CYA.
momofboys 12:42 PM 05-18-2013
Tks ladies! They pay on Mondays at drop-off & have a stellar record for paying on time. I will be giving this to them next week!
Tags:change of hours letter, letter samples
Reply Up