Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Taxes - Deduct Internet Fees?
kitkat 12:08 PM 01-13-2010
Anyone know where you should deduct your internet fees on your taxes? I have the Family Child Care Tax Workbook and Organizer and I swear I read it in there, but I can't find where right now.
gbcc 12:14 PM 01-13-2010
I would say it's under office supplies. It would be along the same lines as the phone.
momma2girls 12:23 PM 01-13-2010
yes, we do every yr. I get tons of stuff off the internet to copy, etc... all the time.
originalkat 12:25 PM 01-13-2010
I put it under the Cable/Phone Bill. Our Internet provider is also our cable/phone provider so I put it under that. Just be sure you dont deduct your phone bill if it is the only line into the house because it is not deductible.
Chickenhauler 01:03 PM 01-13-2010
Communications, same as a phone or fax line.
GretasLittleFriends 09:47 PM 01-13-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
Just be sure you dont deduct your phone bill if it is the only line into the house because it is not deductible.
That depends... We don't have a home phone, just cell phones. Our accountant figures that the basic phone line cost in our area is say $40/month. My cell phone bill is we'll say $120 (for unlimited minutes). I'm allowed to claim $80 as a business expense for phone usage.

Oh, and we claim our internet costs as a business expense. Originally my husband claimed it because of his trucking business, but he's changed things, and now I claim it because I need it for both the food program and for general activities (looking up and printing things for the kids).
Reply Up