Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Unlicensed Legal Help
theoneandonly 09:00 AM 10-08-2019
Hey everyone, brand new here and have an important question that I need to ask.

I have been working for a school here in California for the past 6 years running their after school program.

as of this year, they let me take over and run it as my own entity. We only operate M-Th from 3pm to 5pm, I originally thought that I did not have to be licensed, but from the information I'm now gathering I think I might be. I am now in the process of applying for a license, and am fully qualified to do so.

My question is... If I got caught running it in the mean time, I know there is a fine of $200 per day, but is that retroactive? Meaning, do I get charged $200 from the date I began running the program, or from the date I get notified to cease?
TomCopeland 09:20 AM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by theoneandonly:
Hey everyone, brand new here and have an important question that I need to ask.

I have been working for a school here in California for the past 6 years running their after school program.

as of this year, they let me take over and run it as my own entity. We only operate M-Th from 3pm to 5pm, I originally thought that I did not have to be licensed, but from the information I'm now gathering I think I might be. I am now in the process of applying for a license, and am fully qualified to do so.

My question is... If I got caught running it in the mean time, I know there is a fine of $200 per day, but is that retroactive? Meaning, do I get charged $200 from the date I began running the program, or from the date I get notified to cease?
I don't know the answer to this question. I recommend calling the California Department of Labor and ask the question. You don't have to give your name.
Michael 12:14 PM 10-08-2019
By mail: California Labor & Workforce Development Agency
800 Capitol Mall, Suite 5000 (MIC-55)
Sacramento, CA 95814
By phone: 1-916-653-9900
By email:email@labor.ca.gov
Unregistered 08:31 PM 12-07-2019
If you did, please share! thanks!
Tags:california - department of labor, dol, labor dispute
Reply Up