Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>My OWN Children
yodaone 03:20 PM 06-21-2016
I just ordered The Readleaf Calendar Keeper and I'm beginning to work through it.
How do I record my own children?
I have an infant and 4 year old that "count" towards my ratios per state guidelines, I'm in Michigan.
I also have an 8 year old and 10 year old that don't "count" towards my ratios, however I am able to use their meals to count towards the food program.

Do I need to record the 8 and 10 year old at all?
Thanks for any help/advice
Thriftylady 03:39 PM 06-21-2016
Well for tax purposes, you can only count children that you actually get paid for. Now if you are taking as far as general attendance, I guess you can keep track just for your records. I did/do when my grandson is here, even though he doesn't count towards anything.
TomCopeland 05:28 PM 06-22-2016
Originally Posted by yodaone:
I just ordered The Readleaf Calendar Keeper and I'm beginning to work through it.
How do I record my own children?
I have an infant and 4 year old that "count" towards my ratios per state guidelines, I'm in Michigan.
I also have an 8 year old and 10 year old that don't "count" towards my ratios, however I am able to use their meals to count towards the food program.

Do I need to record the 8 and 10 year old at all?
Thanks for any help/advice
You can't deduct expenses associated with your own children. You can't count the meals and snacks served to your own children. If you get reimbursed for your own children do not count this reimbursement as taxable income.
Tags:deduction - provider children, provider children, tom copeland
Reply Up