Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do Your Schedules Look Like?
sahm2three 07:50 AM 01-11-2011
Like, what are the kids doing most of the day? Do you do a lot of free play? Or do you have scheduled activities every day? I do a lot of free play because most of mine are 2 or younger. I do projects and read books and etc, but have had almost no luck with circle time type things. I bought a huge book of circle time projects and it is more of a headache to get the kids to stay with me. They all seem to wander off. I just don't know where I need tweeking.
Unregistered 08:59 AM 01-11-2011
All my daycare kids do circle time from 11 month. They all sit in front facing me. They I sing songs, read a book and then do dancing and they all love it. My circle time last for 20 mins from 9am every day. Kids arrived earlier have free play.

All my kids right now are 15 months to 2 years I have four kids in care.

They love to paint, scribble with markers, playdough, and we do all these things once a week. Crafts I precut a head of time, I take their little hands and help them with the crafts.

Then they do outside play, three pcs puzzle, simple games like taking turns throwing a ball in the bucket and free play of course.
momma2girls 09:35 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Like, what are the kids doing most of the day? Do you do a lot of free play? Or do you have scheduled activities every day? I do a lot of free play because most of mine are 2 or younger. I do projects and read books and etc, but have had almost no luck with circle time type things. I bought a huge book of circle time projects and it is more of a headache to get the kids to stay with me. They all seem to wander off. I just don't know where I need tweeking.
I start the majority of my circletime at age 3, the same as preschools. I have weather, date, month, etc. for circletime. Now my daycare and my own children are all under the age of 2 1/2. There isn't any way, they would even sit thru any of it. I read, play, do simple puzzles, dramatic play, finger songs, nurery rhymes, counting, colors, etc. at this age!
kendallina 11:55 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
A few circle time suggestions that I've found helpful.

- When children are just learning how to do circle time, keep it short. 5-10 minutes is totally fine. Keep it fun, engaging, upbeat and active.

- Don't feel like you have to wait until all your kids are sitting at attention before you start. You may never be able to start if you wait for that. Just start singing or dancing and they will come.

- Keep it fast paced. One of my goals in doing circle time is to help teach them to sit for extended periods of time (well...more then a few minutes), but you have to build up to it. When you first start it with them, do things in quick succession so they don't have a lot of time to wander off.

- Have some of the same and some different songs/activities. Change it up when you can. Even a simple Guess What's Missing game or playing Hide and Go Seek will keep them engaged and wanting to come next time.

- If one wanders off every now and then, I wouldn't push it with them. It's more of a problem when many of them leave or when the one wanderer is distracting them. Maybe try to corral them all back by making a choo-choo train.

- Don't stress yourself out over it. They will sense it and it just won't be fun.

I can't really comment on what my normal daily schedule is since I only have a morning preschool, so it would be really different from what you're needing. But, I hope this helps a little.
Michael 02:12 PM 01-11-2011
More schedules here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=schedule
Unregistered 02:28 PM 01-11-2011
Here is my daily rountine. I run a small daycare only watch 2 children and thats the way i like it and I have 3 kids of my own 2 in school and 1 is 3 years old here is the routine for my 3 year old and 2 daycare kids who are 1 years old.

7:30am-8:00am- tv time till chidren arrive and breakfest is ready
8:00am-8:30am- breakfest then diaper changes
8:30-11:00am- free play inside then clean up time
11:00am-11:30am-Lunch time then diaper changes
11:30am-1:30pm- naptime
1:30pm-2:00pm- snack time then diaper changes
2:00pm-5:00pm- free play outside or inside then clean up then diaper changes
5:00-5:30pm- tv time till parents arrive
Tags:schedule, schedules
Reply Up