Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So and So Didn’t Go to Bed Until 11 Last Nite......
Ms.Kay 07:12 AM 12-03-2019
Please...please...tell me how to respond to this???!!!! The..".we are a very active daycare...and I put them to rest...I cant make them stay awake....if they fall asleep...they need it...its a state regulation also." Is not working....and I tired of hearing it!!! TIA
Kimskiddos 07:38 AM 12-03-2019
Does child get some outside time after dinner to burn off energy?
What is your child's bedtime routine?
Do they get a calming parent led story time before bed?
How much TV is child watching before bed?
What time are you putting your child to bed?

This is a parent issue, not a nap issue.
Cat Herder 07:46 AM 12-03-2019
"How many hours of physical activity does your child have after dinner to burn off the calories? Do you play in the backyard? Go to the park? Take a family walk? Ride bikes?"

"Ok, I understand. Just let me know if you want to make next Friday your last day so I can notify someone from the waiting list. Thanks!"
Snowmom 07:49 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
Please...please...tell me how to respond to this???!!!! The..".we are a very active daycare...and I put them to rest...I cant make them stay awake....if they fall asleep...they need it...its a state regulation also." Is not working....and I tired of hearing it!!! TIA
They are fighting you to eliminate nap?

Just keep saying "I do not provide a nap-free environment."

I really don't care what their argument is. It's not a service I provide. If they want to eliminate nap, then find a program that will accommodate their wishes. Simple.

If they continue, then I'd probably call them on it. "We've already discussed what services I offer. If my program no longer fits your needs, should I consider this your two week notice?"
littlefriends 09:10 AM 12-03-2019
Ugh, I hate that.
My go to phrase anytime anyone questions: I’m so sorry but absolutely none of my policies are negotiable. That’s why I tell everyone at interview that it’s super important to read over everything really carefully to make sure it’s going to be a good fit for your family. If you need to put in your two weeks, I totally understand. Don’t forget that I’ll need two weeks payment in cash along with your notice.
Said verrrryyyyyy sweetly but sincerely
Ms.Kay 09:27 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
Does child get some outside time after dinner to burn off energy?
What is your child's bedtime routine?
Do they get a calming parent led story time before bed?
How much TV is child watching before bed?
What time are you putting your child to bed?

This is a parent issue, not a nap issue.
I used to ask.these questions and no one answered truthfully. Parents just want it easy when they get home.
jenboo 09:33 AM 12-03-2019
Give them a nap, tell the parents you didn't and see if they magically start going to bed on time again
rosieteddy 11:18 AM 12-03-2019
As long as they are awake by 3pm there should be no issue.I would tell parent sorry non negotiable .
littlefriends 11:30 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
I used to ask.these questions and no one answered truthfully. Parents just want it easy when they get home.
Exactly. I have 3 that are here7:30-6 and get put in bed by 7. Parents all say they like a little time to themselves before bed. Why did you have kids?!
Josiegirl 12:38 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
Why did you have kids?!
Now *there's* a question I wish some parents could answer honestly.
I truly think a lot of parents don't realize what a commitment parenting is.
Unregistered 11:00 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Now *there's* a question I wish some parents could answer honestly.
I truly think a lot of parents don't realize what a commitment parenting is.
Now days children are the participation trophies for adulthood and or marriage!
Unregistered 11:02 AM 12-09-2019
I tell parents that naps happen at my house every single day after lunch and if they don't want their child to nap then they need to find somewhere else to send them.

*registered user posting as unregistered lately for anonymity*
Meeko 12:17 PM 12-09-2019
Exactly. I have 3 that are here7:30-6 and get put in bed by 7. Parents all say they like a little time to themselves before bed. Why did you have kids?!
To way too many...

Kids = Facebook props....

I recently had a mom post a cute photo of her and her three kids on the couch. She had her laptop on her lap. She made a post about "how hard it was to get some work done today with this cute tribe!"

At the time of posting...her youngest was playing in front of me....at daycare........it was a staged photo from the weekend.

Cue all the "You're such a great mom" "I don't know how you do it" comments....
Ariana 12:43 PM 12-09-2019
I have been down this road many times! The best one is “they don’t have to nap, just lie quietly...sleeping is their choice”. That usually shuts them up.
Ariana 12:45 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Meeko:
To way too many...

I recently had a mom post a cute photo of her and her three kids on the couch. She had her laptop on her lap. She made a post about "how hard it was to get some work done today with this cute tribe!"

At the time of posting...her youngest was playing in front of me....at daycare........it was a staged photo from the weekend.

It is all so fake. I could write a book I swear!!!!
LostMyMarbles 01:35 PM 12-09-2019
To way too many...

Gag! Dislike the Fakeboom for attention photos!
LostMyMarbles 01:39 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Give them a nap, tell the parents you didn't and see if they magically start going to bed on time again
I never lied, I just used different words. He restedas usual, then Those who were awake after a certain time get to go into the preschool room and do puzzles, color, etc. I never told mom he was not one to leave the the nap area. Therefore, he napped. When I changed my wording, to imply that there was no nap, miraculously, he was sleeping at home.
Rockgirl 02:01 PM 12-09-2019
To way too many...

I would definitely comment....wouldn’t be able to stop myself! A picture comment, with the child at your house.
jenboo 05:22 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
I never lied, I just used different words. He restedas usual, then Those who were awake after a certain time get to go into the preschool room and do puzzles, color, etc. I never told mom he was not one to leave the the nap area. Therefore, he napped. When I changed my wording, to imply that there was no nap, miraculously, he was sleeping at home.
Funny how that works huh?
jenboo 05:23 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
I would definitely comment....wouldn’t be able to stop myself! A picture comment, with the child at your house.
Same! How rediculous
CeriBear 04:21 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I have been down this road many times! The best one is “they don’t have to nap, just lie quietly...sleeping is their choice”. That usually shuts them up.
Yes. If they are sleeping they obviously still need a nap. I never force a child to nap or wake up a sleeping child before nap time is over.
Ariana 08:51 AM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:
Yes. If they are sleeping they obviously still need a nap. I never force a child to nap or wake up a sleeping child before nap time is over.
I swear parents don’t understand that their kids are exhausted. This one particular parent gave me a hard time about napping but would post pics of her kid falling asleep on the couch or in the car in the weekends. It’s fine as long as they are napping with her
SproutsLove 06:10 PM 12-15-2019
What is wrong with an early bedtime? If the child is up around say, 630, they should definitely be in bed by 7. If it is for selfish reasons, sure, but a small child should be in bed and asleep by 7 when they awake that early. This is the schedule I have had with my own children but I am also home with them all day, maybe that makes a difference.
Tags:parent - its a verb
Reply Up