Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You?
BentleysBands 05:11 AM 11-22-2010
take your dck's to see Santa?

i was thinking of doing a fun fieldtrip, parents invited so see Santa and have a group picture. I have to do it on a day one of my kids isnt here since he's Jewish. But hes p/t so its not too hard to do.

IF you do/thought of it , would you do during the week and chance a parent not being able to attend / help OR schedule a weekend date so everyone has off and can come?? i'd just love to have a group pic and singles for parents holiday gifts from their kids.

any thoughts?
legomom922 05:24 AM 11-22-2010
ahhhh.........no
BentleysBands 05:31 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by legomom922:
ahhhh.........no
we all know YOU dont so you really didnt have to answer
marniewon 05:41 AM 11-22-2010
Bentley, I was going to tell you to be careful with that "S" word....LOL j/k

I have never thought about it, but that's really an awesome idea!!! Personally, my weekends are way too busy to do a trip like that with daycare kids, so I would try for a weekday. I guess it really depends on your parents' jobs, as to whether you think they would be able to take the time off or not.
TGT09 05:41 AM 11-22-2010
Actually the thought never occurred to me to do this because I feel like it's a parent's "right" so they can buy the pictures, hear what they want, get that special moment etc.

I think it's a nice thought but no, I won't.
BentleysBands 06:07 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
Actually the thought never occurred to me to do this because I feel like it's a parent's "right" so they can buy the pictures, hear what they want, get that special moment etc.

I think it's a nice thought but no, I won't.
i did it years ago and it was so much fun. i take the pics so i dont 'purchase' pics....bass pro gives a free 4x6 so i use that as our group pic. the parents really enjoy it. just wasnt sure about what day
DCMom 06:11 AM 11-22-2010
For the past several years, Santa has come to our daycare Christmas party. The party is after dc hours, parents and siblings are all invited and it really has been a big hit.
SunflowerMama 06:15 AM 11-22-2010
We're not seeing Santa this year as a group.
countrymom 06:26 AM 11-22-2010
really cute idea, I know the parents would appreciate it because they seem way to busy to be bothered but i make my 4 children do it every year (they are older now but I love it)
Crystal 06:31 AM 11-22-2010
I'm trying to convince hubby to dress up. Oriental trading has santa costumes for $69.

I think it's a nice thought and I'd go for it if I were you. I have too many kids.....I don't think it would go well
nikia 06:46 AM 11-22-2010
Since we all know that I love santa. Lol. I am taking the kids to the public library where santa reads stories to the kids. I am hoping to do it on a day where I have no babies so the older kids can stay a bit longer to talk to santa. My parents like this because it is only during the week in the morning and they can't take their kids. So just an idea if your library does something like too another way to have the kids see santa.
melskids 08:43 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I'm trying to convince hubby to dress up. Oriental trading has santa costumes for $69.

I think it's a nice thought and I'd go for it if I were you. I have too many kids.....I don't think it would go well
oh, i MAKE my hubby dress up. he has no say in the matter. he does the easter bunny too...its actually really funny, cause he is such a manly redneck mountain man kind of a guy, so to see him dress up is a riot. all the parents come just to tease him...lol
Unregistered 09:52 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
For the past several years, Santa has come to our daycare Christmas party. The party is after dc hours, parents and siblings are all invited and it really has been a big hit.
This is what I was thinking of doing! Where did you find your Santa?
DCMom 09:59 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
oh, i MAKE my hubby dress up. he has no say in the matter. he does the easter bunny too...its actually really funny, cause he is such a manly redneck mountain man kind of a guy, so to see him dress up is a riot. all the parents come just to tease him...lol
Awww, I think that is really sweet that he would do that for you

My oldest son dressed up the first year we did it and all the kids thought that Santa looked and awful lot like Ryan....
Tags:christmas, santa claus
Reply Up