Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank you Nannyde!
NiNi.R. 05:44 AM 09-26-2011
I finally got the nerve and handed out my new contract last week. It took a lot of convincing from my husband that it would be okay. I decided to do the nannyde method that I read in her blog. Most of the parents seemed excited about it. Except for one. She was super upset and I expected her to be. I got a lot of "but my schedule's" from her. I simply told her I realize that, please read it cover to cover and if you have any questions just ask.

She didn't say anything about it this morning. It will be interesting to see if she terms, pays the amount, or can magically find someone to pick them up earlier

Either way I feel really good about it! Plus if she does term this will help set me apart from other daycares and hopefully find someone to fill the spot with no problem.
nannyde 05:50 AM 09-26-2011
You are welcome
MommyMuffin 07:18 AM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
I finally got the nerve and handed out my new contract last week. It took a lot of convincing from my husband that it would be okay. I decided to do the nannyde method that I read in her blog. Most of the parents seemed excited about it. Except for one. She was super upset and I expected her to be. I got a lot of "but my schedule's" from her. I simply told her I realize that, please read it cover to cover and if you have any questions just ask.

She didn't say anything about it this morning. It will be interesting to see if she terms, pays the amount, or can magically find someone to pick them up earlier

Either way I feel really good about it! Plus if she does term this will help set me apart from other daycares and hopefully find someone to fill the spot with no problem.
What did you change? What is the method?
NiNi.R. 07:51 AM 09-26-2011
Originally I charged 95.00/week per child with a maximum of 10 hours a day.

I switched to the following rates based on departure time and a maximum of 10 hours a day.

Full-time Rates:
4:30 pm departure $80.00/week per child
4:45 pm departure $85.00/week per child
5:00 pm departure $90.00/week per child
5:15 pm departure $95.00/week per child
5:30 pm departure $100.00/week per child
5:45 pm departure $105.00/week per child
6:00 pm departure $110.00/week per child

This mom is upset because her pick up time is different almost every day the latest being 6:00pm and in order to be able to leave them here til 6:00pm on those nights she will need to pay me 110.00/week. My guess is she will give me her 30 days at the end of the week. I am already possibly loosing one child because they may be moving. So I was being held back by the fact that I would be loosing the income from 2 children. After much persuasion from my husband I decided it would be best because this would set me apart from the other daycares in town and hopefully make it easy to fill the spots.

Here is the link to nan's section in her blog about the rates that convinced me this is the way to go: https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/how-...care-rates.htm
MommyMuffin 08:29 AM 09-26-2011
Great! Thanks for the link. I love Nannyde's blogs!
cheerfuldom 07:54 PM 09-26-2011
that sounds like a great plan for you! All my kids are picked up between 5:15 and 5:30 with no late issues for past 6 months or so. I seem to have gotten pretty lucky with the pickup times matching and I have been very firm on no late parents allowed! Anyway, I can see how this would work and encourage those parents that get off earlier to come get their kid versus getting the extra hour a day for the same price whether they pick up early or not.
gelbesonn 08:09 PM 09-28-2011
I saw this on Nannyde and it definitely interested me.
What time do you open?
mom2many 09:03 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
that sounds like a great plan for you! All my kids are picked up between 5:15 and 5:30 with no late issues for past 6 months or so. I seem to have gotten pretty lucky with the pickup times matching and I have been very firm on no late parents allowed! Anyway, I can see how this would work and encourage those parents that get off earlier to come get their kid versus getting the extra hour a day for the same price whether they pick up early or not.
This would be great...however, where I live parents work till 5 pm and have an hour commute. so they are usually not picked up until about 6 pm when I close! Every area has its specific clientele and hours that are needed.
NiNi.R. 06:41 AM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by gelbesonn:
I saw this on Nannyde and it definitely interested me.
What time do you open?
6:00am

The one mom who was upset hasn't said a word about it. She has til the 7th to returned the signed contract back to me. If she plans to terminate she will need to give me that notice on Monday. Real anxious to find out what she will do.
Auntie 08:56 AM 09-29-2011
Good for you Nini. LEt us know if that mom signs the contract. If she doesn't oh well another one will come along who will and you will feel so much better.
I wish our center would do payment like that.

We have a parent who leaves her son at 7:30 am and picks up around 5:25. Dad doesn't pick up the boy (his time would be around 4pm) becasue dad can't handle his son. This child is not bad for us at all. I don't understand what dad can't handle. what a whimp. I would love to be able to charge them more for leaving the child there an extra hour.
NiNi.R. 10:59 AM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Auntie:
Good for you Nini. LEt us know if that mom signs the contract. If she doesn't oh well another one will come along who will and you will feel so much better.
I wish our center would do payment like that.

We have a parent who leaves her son at 7:30 am and picks up around 5:25. Dad doesn't pick up the boy (his time would be around 4pm) becasue dad can't handle his son. This child is not bad for us at all. I don't understand what dad can't handle. what a whimp. I would love to be able to charge them more for leaving the child there an extra hour.
I don't understand when people are like that either. I have a mom who's husband is unemployed. She complains he sits around the house all day playing xbox. He doesn't cook, clean, or help in any other way to make up for the fact that he doesn't work. She brings her daughter to me full time and if I am closed she hires another daycare If she needs picked up early she takes her back to work with her Meanwhile she is working full time and paying child support for his first child from another relationship
Tags:nannyde, rates, rates - hourly to daily, rates negotiable
Reply Up