Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Received A Grant, How Did You Get Started?
SunflowerMama 11:56 AM 12-13-2011
I'd love to get a grant to help out with supplies and some bigger items on my dream list.

For those that were awarded grants where did you go to get started? Was it a state grant or national?

Any info would be great!
KEG123 12:00 PM 12-13-2011
The one I'm in the process of applying for right now is from the state. It is called the "Quality Counts Child Care Grant" and it is from the CCR&R.
SunflowerMama 12:04 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
The one I'm in the process of applying for right now is from the state. It is called the "Quality Counts Child Care Grant" and it is from the CCR&R.
How did you find out about it? I'm trying to google search for my state (Texas) but not really finding anything too specific. I just emailed my licensing rep so hopefully she'll have some suggestions.
SunflowerMama 12:04 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
How did you find out about it? I'm trying to google search for my state (Texas) but not really finding anything too specific. I just emailed my licensing rep so hopefully she'll have some suggestions too but I knew here needed to be my first stop.
small_steps 12:09 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
How did you find out about it? I'm trying to google search for my state (Texas) but not really finding anything too specific. I just emailed my licensing rep so hopefully she'll have some suggestions too but I knew here needed to be my first stop.
If you do hear of any in Texas will you pass the info along to me? I haven't found anything for Texas and have searched online several times. If you are a CCS provider they sometimes have grants available. Last year licensed homes got $2200 and the year before (the year before I started of course) it was a $4000 grant.
KEG123 12:11 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
Are you listed with your local ccr&r? They send me a newsletter every month to my e-mail and in the newsletter they notify me of training opportunities, as well as any upcoming grants. So far, they only have one grant option a year, and it's the one I referenced above. The Quality Counts grant.
Michael 12:05 PM 03-14-2012
More Threads on grants https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=grants
Tags:grant money, grants
Reply Up