Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daily Pick Up Routine
newtodaycare22 04:31 PM 01-20-2011
Lately, my kids have been KILLING me at pick up time. I generally consider myself very lucky-they are all great, well-behaved kids. Maybe it's because of the cold weather and our lack of outdoor time, but by the end of the day they are crazy. I don't mind the crazy normally but it's starting to interfer with parent pick ups. I need them calmer when I have 1 or 2 parents inside, gathering their kids things and signing them out. The biggest challenges is that parents pick up within an hour time span, usually 4-5, so it's a long time to have an organized activity that is calm.

Thanks for any suggestions.
lvt77 04:51 PM 01-20-2011
we read from 530-6.... all kids picked up during this time. I also unlock the door (which i can see from my back room) and ask parents to come in quielty to pick up kids at the back room, sign out log is also back there too.

They never talk to me becuase I am reading and don't want to interupt. If there was an accident or issue, I leave the note in the sign out log in their section so that they can take it home to read. I love this.....I dont assist getting out the door anymore...... parents tend to talk forever and then the kids would go nuts all over my house....
littlemonkeys 04:57 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
we read from 530-6.... all kids picked up during this time. I also unlock the door (which i can see from my back room) and ask parents to come in quielty to pick up kids at the back room, sign out log is also back there too.

They never talk to me becuase I am reading and don't want to interupt. If there was an accident or issue, I leave the note in the sign out log in their section so that they can take it home to read. I love this.....I dont assist getting out the door anymore...... parents tend to talk forever and then the kids would go nuts all over my house....
Great idea!! Do you have a small or a large daycare? I've never used a sign out log and probably should.
newtodaycare22 04:58 PM 01-20-2011
Yeah, I tried story time but the hour pick up span is just too long

We have a sign out sheet too and the parents generally do that on their own. I don't feel comfortable leaving the door unlocked though (It's not visible and set up nicely like your house)
lvt77 05:01 PM 01-20-2011
Originally Posted by FritzKorner:
Great idea!! Do you have a small or a large daycare? I've never used a sign out log and probably should.
I have small---- only six kids ages 2-5..... they love stories!! We even do puppet shows sometimes... I run them or let the kids put them on.....

I have a sign in sign out log that I use daily. It has really helped me with my accounting too, as my computer took a dump one time and I had to make sure I had a paper trail...

I am also on the food program so I have to have the sign log..
Tags:pick up, pick up behavior
Reply Up